Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career (62336 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by GboyegaD(m): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2010
Jarus:

hey classmate, how's life? grin
Hope BankPHB is treating u well, abi na u dey treat dem well? Hope u no dey part of the book 'cooks' sha . . anyway trust u grin

Jarus, PHB is treating me fine oooo. Hope U r chopping OandO's money big time. Una don forget our yearbook issue be dat oooo.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Jarus(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2010
GboyegaD:

Jarus, PHB is treating me fine oooo. Hope U r chopping OandO's money big time. Una don forget our yearbook issue be dat oooo.
Will see how we can revive it again.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
I would love to thank God for keeping seeing me through all the hurdles of first degree,granting me a good job and being with me currently in my pursuit of an MBA and pro. qualification, if not for u Baba !!!

Next in line my luvly parents who believed in me right from a tender age,taught me responsibility,focus and persistence even when i was acted like a total dull head, they believed in me. The desire not to fail them got me where I am today,Luv them so much. Of course my wonderful siblings, what can i do without them, simply the best siblings anyone can ask for and they always let me know that I can achieve alot even when i doubted myself.

Next are my wonderful lecturers, had some very good ones especially my course adviser who would call me to his office to talk to me about my grades, then I saw it as too demanding but he indirectly spurred me on cos i didn't want to be called into his office for more counselling sessions.

My manager in the office who gave me my first break becos he saw me as an intelligent,smart and enterprising young lady, we may not agree always Sir,but i will be eternally grateful to you for believing in a naive me and grooming me professionally.

My colleague in the office who believes am going to be a great leader and achiever someday and would not let me be till i finish my pro. qualifications. Also my other wonderful colleagues and friends, u guys rock !!!

Nairaland especially the Career section, v learnt alot here especially again from Ajanlekoko,tkb417,Cristalz,Jarus(hope to get to your level of professionalism someday) and all other Career section faithfuls, U guys UBER ROCK !!!

Lastly me for keeping my head-up and continually striving to up my game.

One luv !!!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by ohzee(f): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
THANKS To my God first for creating opportunities for me all my life and sending me a wonderful husband. To my Mum who stayed with my children anytime I was on call at the hospital. To my late father who made me love maths and science. To my siblings who set a good example for me. To my brother who has told me that I have to continue till I become a Prof. To my senior colleagues at UNTH who told me that Part One exam is no big deal and told me the secrets of passing. Finally to my husband who believes in me, supports me and encourages me ALWAYS.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by rman: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2010
One of the best threads on NL so far.

Thanks to Almighty Allah for keeping me till today,
Thanks to my Dad for the discipline and setting a high standard for me since when I was young
Thanks to my Mum for the prayers
Thanks to Y. Babalola and Mila for making me believe I can work for the best coy with my grades
Thanks to SR for Kick starting my career for me in Telecoms sector
Thanks to HM for giving me a soft landing while in Kano
Thanks to AJ for taking me to my presnt coy. I will forever be gratefull
Thanks to my wonderful Y'ello colleagues
Thanks to my brothers and sis.(they supported me in my times of need)
Thanks to Allah once again for the greater heights your are taking me to soon.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by shilling(f): 1:58am On Jul 09, 2010
First - God.

2nd - my family.

3rd - High school economics teacher.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by bolseas(f): 10:11am On Jul 09, 2010
#1- God

#2- My daddy who against all odds insisted on sending me to school with the little he had

#3- My Mummy who stood by me all thru.

#4- All my siblings & LK for their supports

#5- Mr W, Prof A, Mr. Aj, DPM, MD.

#6- Ex-boyfriend, he tried

and myself too for my determination, willingness to achieve, steadfastness & patience.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by abbey4ril: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2010
I'm persuaded by this topic to make my first ever post on naira land.
First of all, i give glory to Almighty God the giver of life who lifted me from obscurity to limelight. Nobody gave me a chance but God gave me a unique opportunity to become what i am. Oh Lord! marvelous are thy works.

To my mother, the only being i'm most indebted to in this planet earth. when her husband (my father) abandoned us, the mantle of training four kids fell on her, this she did witaut wavering. mama, devil will not snatch you from us.(ounje omo ko ni koro lenu yin).

to my older siblings, friends(bisi, twins), mentors (adisa, ali, kenny) and my the big bosses i've worked with at different times, God bless you all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by cecegorz(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2010
Firstly to my elder brother and 'dad', POLY, for drilling me into the education path, funding same and making sure i master LACOMBE's (do todays' kids still study this?) with cane and plenty of  tears! thus giving me a sure foundation in the science world

To a 'Prophet' who told me as a kid that i am going to be a great man (it stuck in that my young mind) grin  grin  grin

To JAMB for keeping me out of the University for four years till i reached maturity(curious, aight?)

To my Pastor during University days, Mark Chuks for building a sense of purpose in me, and for showing me that if you want to get high, it'd rather be with the 'Most High'

To Quemps who showed me how to click the mouse back in UNI and made me took a turn for a career in IT.

To Mr Majik who funded my first hardware training course and also gave me the fund to personally clone a system and fire up my dreams.( Am still searching for this guy to bless him)

To my sweet heart who like the 'prophet', saw the greatness in me, and accepted my proposal while we were still 'bloody' NYSC members.( now, she's having a ball)

To Bridget who encouraged me to boldly demand from the HR head, as a fresh graduate trainee, the particular department i wanted to work in (even when every other person was just happy for landing the job) and thus fulfilling my career potentials.

To my MUM for continually getting my back when i was growing up ( she's just holidaying with me, enjoying the fruit of her labour)

and,

To the greatest influence of my life, My Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for coming that i might have life, and live in abundance!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by obiflex: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
Uzo for giving me the link to my present job. My uncle rev fr. Emeka for seeing me thru school and uncle mike for giving me the money for my call to bar. Remove the contributions of any of these ppl n i don't know where i would be today. Above all i thank God because cow wey no get tail na God de pursue fly for am
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by kadman(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2010
To God - EVERYTHING !

My father who forced me to go to one of the best primary / secondary schools in Lagos even though it was hours from my house and I was always tired everyday.

My mother who carried the education financial burden for years and paid all that money for Unilag's Diploma against the advice of many.

My cousin always encouraging me.

A Nairaland user on here - Sagamite - who has given me so much sound postgraduate and carrer advice which has benefited me immensely  grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by AjanleKoko: 7:55am On Jul 10, 2010
kadman:

A Nairaland user on here - Sagamite - who has given me so much sound postgraduate and carrer advice which has benefited me immensely  grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dr Kitaun, Sauron, and all the other anti-Sags should see this. grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Odunnu: 4:24am On Jul 11, 2010
Haaa,abeg make una follow me thank my eldest brother,he sold hs law-suit so I kud pay for WAEC(I guez datz d foundation of my progress)People wondr why i'm so attachd 2him.
To my elder brother who later made sure money wasnt a problem to my tertiary education!
Kai,wht wud I hv done without thse 2big boys?
To God almighty for the gift of health,strenght and life.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by buddie(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
Sincere appreciation goes to my parents for paying the skool fees grin and making sure i got the very best.
And secondly to my uncle Mr Bolade for granting me the opportunity of doing my I.T in the banking sector,you simply opened the paradox box uncle.
THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by abakeogun: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2010
Special thanks to:

Almighty God
My Parents
My brothers
My fiance
My colleagues
My Boss
and every one
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by uchetobi(f): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
To my dad for being relentless and never accepting academic averageness

To my school for flinging me out of computer science to statistics...that gave me the wake up call i needed to make a 2:1

To my dad for getting me a good internship which paved the way for my first job and shaped my career

To my dad again for making me take ican....made me better for it

To my first md...for seeing the star in me

To my husband for showing me that every story can be rewritten

To God almighty for helping me turn all my setbacks and failures to stepping stone and for granting me divine favor and quantum leaps in my career
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Dehley(m): 1:12am On Sep 17, 2013
First and foremost, It has been God all this while.

Secondly, my mum and dad who went through hell in other for us to acquire a university degree.

Thirdly, Mrs Oroyemi who gave me my first career breakthrough
even though am still aspiring to land my dream job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. / Let's Discuss Salaries / Basic Medical Science In Nigeria - The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.