Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career (62334 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by LFJ: 3:07am On Jul 08, 2010
Thanks to Almighty God for His mercies and blessings, thank you for open the door when I least expected. Glory is to your name for all what you have done in my life, you deserve all the praises.

Thank to my mother, I appreciate your love and sufferings for me. You stood out among your peers; you were not discouraged by the death of your soul mate at a very early stage of your life. You gave me education even though you didn’t have any. I am happy for you today that your efforts were not in vain.

Gratitude to my uncle, you are a blessing to our family. 13 years ago, you found me job for my 1 year industrial training, I felt bad when you insisted after the program that I should continue to work and see myself through the remaining part of my education with meager salary of N2, 000. Thank God, even though the road was very tough, I laugh at last.

Many thanks to my wife Afolake, my very good friend Kolawole Saidi and my lovely sister Mojisola, you play a vital roles in my life.

Thanks to Alhaji Adamzon, you believed in me, and proved the enemies wrong, you gave me the opportunity that transformed my life, I pray that Almighty God will continue to reward you abundantly.

Thanks to my cousin and her husband who provided me and my family shelter for 13 Solid months when I arrived in the USA to start a new life.

Last but not the list, my thanks to those friends and colleagues at PHY who make my life miserable out of jealousy, your actions actually open the door of my success as people who were touched by your jealous and hatred for my inspiring career introduced me to those who gave me the opportunity that transform my life.

1 Like

Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by machere44: 3:36am On Jul 08, 2010
Well I am not yet on track careerwise, I have gone thru the trouble of getting an MSc degree in UK, I have done some other courses and still no job yet but all in all, I give thanks to GOD, with HIM nothing is impossible
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by cliveland: 6:24am On Jul 08, 2010
1st i thank d Almighty God 4 his enduring mercies; u too much i dey fear sometimes if i deserve 1 quarter; me keee'
my dad [R.I.P] who i fought with all through teenage years for no particular reason but he "still loved me " I LOVE U DADDY, if only i can buy just one year from God n 2 appreciate all u did 4 me cos i didnt do it then;
my mum who believed i'll one day say thank u and be grateful, u are the greatest, how e 4 be if u no dey,
my guardian, though a muslim who begged my dad a reverend pastor to allow her take me away, [cos every1 thought i had hit the brick wall] was happy cos i'll "miss dad" ended creating the path way to where i am today;
my real three ex-bosses who never knew they were teaching/showing me how to be boss;
and in particular order mr i.s; mr dixon; i.d; hhhmmm my 1st love[though married helped during my law school days "sha" who say 1st love no be d best?;
aaaaah mr oshin my literature teacher who always flogged d hell out me, finally made d 2nd best literature student, na 1 yeye girl no gree me be 1st.

to all of u i say i trillion thanks.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by OmoAlata(f): 6:33am On Jul 08, 2010
Thanks to my mum for being very nasty to me when I was younger sad

She regularly cussed me

She regularly hit me

She regularly maltreated me

She made me a stronger person and a much better mother to my own kids. grin

Sorry mum, you keep on saying I should send one of my kids to live with you. Hell would have to freeze over before that'll happen
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by semid4lyfe(m): 7:18am On Jul 08, 2010
Omo Alata:

Thanks to my mum for being very nasty to me when I was younger sad

She regularly cussed me

She regularly hit me

She regularly maltreated me

She made me a stronger person and a much better mother to my own kids. grin

Sorry mum, you keep on saying I should send one of my kids to live with you. Hell would have to freeze over before that'll happen
Lol. . .u don craze finish

Thanks to me for being so smart and intelligent grin grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by kaycee0604(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2010
Thank you God
My parent
My Uncle
MWO Jimoh Mutar RTD
Jide Agbana
Dayo akinnuli
Victor Olusanya
Olusoji adesanya

Thank u all and I pray The ALMIGHTY ALLAH Reward you all
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by adetunrayo(f): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2010
I thank my creator, my dad ( he did something I will never forget when I was doing my registation in school) my mum, aunt Dupe & Wunmi for providing food stuffs and provisons while in sch and my friends In RUGIPO.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by OmoAlata(f): 8:20am On Jul 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Lol. . .u don craze finish

O ga
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Jarus(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2010
PurestBoy:

To My Grandmum( Phuck mum & Dad)
To my brilliant secondary school friends who helped me with the dificult subjects by giving my tutorials
To my university friend who did the same thing like above
To my big Aunty, Aunty Jane in Portharcourt and Uncle Ismaila
To my mayee wey dey san wo mi
& lastly to Jesus Christ, who is the author and finisher of my faith
shocked shocked
Wetin Dad and Mum do you?
In any case, don't you think it will be better to forgive?
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by walexy(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2010
First to the Almighty Allah for sparing my life till today

Secondly my parents, the gave me an overwhelming support from cradle till today

Mr Hassan actually deserved to be cherished for life. He tutored me after i finished my post primary education. He made me something out of nothing. Transformed me single handedly from a dullard to being the best throughout my days in skool. All he did in my life then has really made me an excellent personality in life. I'll forever be grateful to him.

Finally, my wife and my kids. I really thank them for their understanding and support. They are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by ohisng(m): 8:51am On Jul 08, 2010
I thank God for without Him, i am NOTHING
I thank my grandpa who taught me how to read and write instead of allowing me to join my cousins and go to farm!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by fotolord: 8:57am On Jul 08, 2010
Thank you Almighty God for everything

My mama, for being there even when your husband died. the first born was yet to gain admission then and now all your six kids are graduate, May you live long MAMA, you really tried for me, you are a real mother
To Mr Olumide Ashaolu: I don't know how to locate you, you gave me 1500 to go and pump into my business then
Babs: For giving me the PRATICKA camera to work with, This will leave indelible mark on my mind.
To Mr Okeyinka: For believing in me, you made my change of course possible
To Baba Ayeni: For getting me admission into the Maths dept then
To Ben: You thot me the rudiment of coding, remember the PASCAL tutorials pal
To Wale Williams: Though we have not met be4 or seen each other b4 then, you took it upon yourself to put me in for the job
To Dr Dayo: A father at all time

My list is endless,
I want to say thank you for making impact on  my life. I will get there pretty soon
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Guchis(f): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2010
My sincere gratitude and thanks to:

My parents for their constant prayers and opportunity to get an education

My siblings, they're so competitive and u seriously won't want to be left behind

My present boss, for giving me no rest until i started my post grad and for all challenging tasks i get from him- i used to think they were above my level and he was just being mean (i still get the tasks but very equal to them now grin)

For my girlfriends, ever supportive and encouraging

And above all to God Almighty for bringing these people my way.Thank you so much Sir!!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by legba1(m): 9:37am On Jul 08, 2010
@ poster:God bless you for this thread.
I want to say a big thank you to a God sent sister of mine who has always been there for me at every point. She's done it over and over again. Thanks to my parent,also my lil ones and wife .All of them have contributed somehow someway to take me this far. God bless you all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Kennyblues(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2010
[/quote]

MY BOTHER, YOU WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION JUST DONT RELENT. DONT TELL PEOPLE YOU DONT HAVE A JOB COZ YOUR JOB NOW IS TO GET A JOB. ONE OF MY LECTURERS USED TO TELL US THAT THREE THINGS WILL WORK FOR US IN THE OUTSIDE WORLD ( FAVOUR MARKET) NOT ( LABOUR MARKET). AND THESE ARE (1) WHO YOU KNOW (2) WHAT YOU KNOW AND (3) DEVINE INTERVENTION. TO ME , IT IS THE LAST ONE THAT HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME. NOT EVEN THOSE I THOUGHT WILL HELP OR THE GRADE ON MY CERTIFICATE. VERY SOON YOU WILL SING A NEW SONG.

[quote]

My gratitutde to God Almighty who has kept me till date and makes me strong always and to my colleague, Kunbi Adefala, who made sure I got my this present Job; it was a divine intervention.

Also my gratitude to my wife for her encouragement and assistance always
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by bidemi12(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2010
First and above all i would like to thank God for taking me as far as i have come with the potential of taking me further. I would like to thank my parents for grooming me the right way. I would like to thank my wife for all the positive support she has given me and those wonderful efo riro she makes. I would like to thank my brother for the support he also gave me when things were freaking rough back in naija. I would like to thank my kids for always making me look forward to coming home from work. And lastly i want to thank drill sergent stevens (the best drill sergent in the world) for instilling in me pride, ownership, accountability, courage, discipline, motivation and the army way. HOOAAHH
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2010
I give thanks to Almighty God for given me the opportunity to be alive today, despite all health problems that came after my birth.
I also want to show gratitude and appreciation to my Father for always knocking into my head to excel academically and for emptying his fixed deposit account just to send me abroad for further studies.

Papa, your efforts and sweats in my life and in the lives of all my Elder siblings shall never be in vain. Amen.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by gbokukueba(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2010
I thank my dearest Mother(yademi) for making sure i repeated my SS 2 class and prevailing on my Dad to buy me that GCE form in 1997 after my Dad said the money he is spending is a waste. The result of that exams got me admission, influenced my university course and ultimately my career.

Mama, God bless you!!!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by KennyG6(m): 11:18am On Jul 08, 2010
* I thank God for the gift of life
* My parents esp mother for investing in my dreams
* Kingsley for mentoring me
* Mr E for challenging me
* MK for his Unquantifiable support
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by phoenixsta: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2010
Wow,
Never believe someone is gonna ask for this someday but i was always gr8full in my Heart though,
The first to be appreciated in all my achievement is my [flash=200,200]http://God[/flash] who has made it possible to still exist.
Afterwards ma [flash=200,200]http://DADA[/flash] cos he's someone so special and dare to my heart cos he stood my me though i was stoo-pid
f**lish and unwise he still took his time to redirect me after which comes everyone who motivated me (Family,friends uncles and school mates.)
I know i can't expantiate even further but they all contributed in their own little ways,
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by phoenixsta: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2010
Wow,
Never believe someone is gonna ask for this someday but i was always gr8full in my Heart though,
The first to be appreciated in all my achievement is my GOD who has made it possible to still exist.
Afterwards ma DADA cos he's someone so special and dare to my heart cos he stood my me though i was stoo-pid
f**lish and unwise he still took his time to redirect me after which comes everyone who motivated me (Family,friends uncles and school mates.)
I know i can't expantiate even further but they all contributed in their own little ways,
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by okoomoge2(m): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
Thank you to my Mother for been there always cos I started school as a 2 years old boy
Thank you to Mr dele for turning me to Math Guru, had to finish all the question in those SSCE 1, 2, 3 math text book
Thank you olayinka Adamson for the encouragements
Thank yo to my Daddy for been hard on me, I for turn something else
Thanks to my classmate at high school for stiff race to be on top in maths , physics, chemistry , furthermaths
Thanks ti Uncle Bayo Ojulari for motivating me to study Mechanical Engineering
Thanks to all those professor/Doctors at the University for making A in 3 points and 5 Points courses so tough
Thanks to Galileo, dej man, lookman, agbato, for making me read hard to get A's in courses
Thanks to Engr Ali yusuf for my first Job
Thanks to Uncle Bayo Ojulari for challenging my potentials, it was aspring board to success for me
Thanks to Dr Abed Elchayeb, for the drilling in Paris
Thanks to Segun Odukoya, Abiodun Olateju, Gbenga Magbagbeola, Tunde Ismail and Dr Essen Etok of Exxon mobil for believing in me
Thanks to Almighty Allah for CREATING ME as human and taking me to where I never imagined in my life, me Expatriate black man for white Man country.
Baba God Thank you so so so so so soso much for my Career development.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by funmio2: 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
I would like to say a big thank you to God Almighty who has been my helper and guidance. A big thank you to my parents, especially my mum who stood her ground that i must be educated. Also to my siblings for their moral supports and my teachers in primary,my chemical engr lecturers and secondary school teachers (especially my Mathematics and Physics teachers who put extra efforts for us to understand those subjects). My appreciation also goes to all my friends, my current employer, Sammie, Femi, the Otudekos and Pst K for believing so much in me and to my wonderful late best friend who I wish was still alive to see how I'm doing so fine.

God bless you all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Seggii: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2010
1.  GOD
2.  My only sister, She bought me  P.T. form when I couldn't make JAMB after about four years at home and changed my dream course to a better one (which have being working with for the past  15years)
3.  My good friend who got me this job.
4.  My ever supportive boss that I have being working with for the past 10-12years.
5.  My mum who did the financing.
6.  My grandma who was always there for me whenever I need her emotional, financial, moral support during my school days.
7.  My secondary school teachers who believed in me, they really helped me when I wanted to retake my paper.  I want to say a big thank you to all of you.  May God    Almighty God continue to be with you. (Amen)
8. Finally, my husband, he supported me when I was runing a progrunningoutside Lagos.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by kehnie: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
With tears in my eyes,i say a big THANK YOU to my wonderful mother Elizabeth Mosunmola Ibironke(EMIL) for been there for me and my siblings,for selling her jewelries to pay our fees,for all your words of advice,its a pity you are not here to enjoy the fruit of your labour,to a wonderful friend that supported me THROUGH thick and thin in school JIBOLA SANNI,thank you very much,may God bless you and your family,to all my siblings,taiye,sinmi,seun, I LOVE YOU all,and to God almighty,u will always be my GOD.thank you LORD.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by ZUBBYNWA(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
i WANT TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALMIGHTY GOD FOR SUSTIANING THROUGHTOUT ALL PERIOD, I WANT TO APPRECIATE THE EFFORT OF MY PARENTS; MAY GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE FOR ME. THANKS TO MY BELOVE UNCLE, UNCLE JOE FOR HIS UNALLOYING SUPPORT; TO ALL MY FRIEND I SAY A VERY BIG THANK YOU.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
@OP, God bless you real good for giving me this opportunity.

I want to appreciate God Almighty for his Grace that has brought me this far in life. Without him, I couldn't have achieved anything.

I want to sincerely thank my dad (R.I.P.) for his encouragement and for teaching and giving me the courage to challenge life with my heads raised up without any iota of fear. Thank you also for the threat you gave me when I brought my JSS1HG first term report card that bringing back such a poor result implies my going back to join my mates in Primary 6.

To my mum, who despite her being more bouyant financially than my dad stood by the entire family and supported her husband all the way ensuring that we were educated. For your prayers, academic, moral and financial supports, I am very grateful.

To Debo Fawehinmi and my teachers who told me I was very brilliant and intelligent thus giving me the confidence which really paid off in the long run.

To my roommates and friends all through school, you all are the best. Thanks for the challenging quarrels we had 'cos most times, they gave me the opportunity to see life from some other perspectives. Thanks also for the good times we shared. I appreciate them all.

To Tobi, thank you for the ECN301 brush up you gave me the morning I came back from Bayelsa. It really boosted my performance in the exams and ensured I did not have an extra year.

To my banking colleagues you all are the best. To Dimsky, for the opportunity of crossing over to my new bank and to oga Miyen, from taking me out from my former unit to the present one.

To my siblings, you guys are the best. U made me who I am today and may God in his infinite mercies make us all great and achievers in life.

God, you are the giver of every good and perfect gift and in you, there is no shadow of turning. I give you all the glory, honour and adoration once again 'cos only you hath worthy to be praised over my life.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Jarus(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2010
GboyegaD:

@OP, God bless you real good for giving me this opportunity.

I want to appreciate God Almighty for his Grace that has brought me this far in life. Without him, I couldn't have achieved anything.

I want to sincerely thank my dad (R.I.P.) for his encouragement and for teaching and giving me the courage to challenge life with my heads raised up without any iota of fear. Thank you also for the threat you gave me when I brought my JSS1HG first term report card that bringing back such a poor result implies my going back to join my mates in Primary 6.

To my mum, who despite her being more bouyant financially than my dad stood by the entire family and supported her husband all the way ensuring that we were educated. For your prayers, academic, moral and financial supports, I am very grateful.

To Debo Fawehinmi and my teachers who told me I was very brilliant and intelligent thus giving me the confidence which really paid off in the long run.

To my roommates and friends all through school, you all are the best. Thanks for the challenging quarrels we had 'cos most times, they gave me the opportunity to see life from some other perspectives. Thanks also for the good times we shared. I appreciate them all.

To Tobi, thank you for the ECN301 brush up you gave me the morning I came back from Bayelsa. It really boosted my performance in the exams and ensured I did not have an extra year.

To my banking colleagues you all are the best. To Dimsky, for the opportunity of crossing over to my new bank and to oga Miyen, from taking me out from my former unit to the present one.

To my siblings, you guys are the best. U made me who I am today and may God in his infinite mercies make us all great and achievers in life.

God, you are the giver of every good and perfect gift and in you, there is no shadow of turning. I give you all the glory, honour and adoration once again 'cos only you hath worthy to be praised over my life.
hey classmate, how's life?  grin
Hope BankPHB is treating u well, abi na u dey treat dem well? Hope u no dey part of the book 'cooks' sha . . anyway trust u grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by ade2kay(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
I say a big thank you to God, the all-wise, the giver and preserver of life

I say thank you to my mum, who stood by us when dad was making mistakes and wasting his future
thank you to dad, you thought i would never be anything, you never really knew who i was, you thought i could never make it in life because i chose not to listen to your wrong advices, thank you, God heard your wrong words and turned my life for good, thanks for providing the school fees anyways

thank you to all my friends thru school, that made me know i was different, that entrusted their assignments and academics into my hands, thanks, you made me confident and responsible

thank you to my first love Lydia, babe, you wont know what you have done, i can't quantify it.

thank you to Mrs Onwuegbu for helping me get into JSS 2 from Primary 4

thank you to my primary and secondary school teachers for always asking me questions in class, urging me to learn more than others

thanks for Femi Kayode for giving me a chance at my first job
thank you to my present boss, i have learnt so much under you

thank you to my girlfriend, thanks for trusting your future into an unknown guy via a blind date

and, thank you to me, say my head no reject good, thank you my head say u no gree accept second best
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by johndavid1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
baba God thank you! cool cool cool
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by johndavid1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
ade2kay:

I say thank you to my mum, who stood by us when dad was making mistakes and wasting his future

thank you to my girlfriend,  thanks for trusting your future into an unknown guy via a blind date

grin grin grin grin undecided cry
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by johndavid1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
ade2kay:

and, thank you to me, say my head no reject good, thank you my head say u no gree accept second best

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. / Basic Medical Science In Nigeria - The Way Forward? / Let's Discuss Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.