Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career (62335 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by jidobaba(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2010
these experiences are only sweet to share when you've landed a good job.
and then you only end up making the jobless graduates, 'the others' quite upset undecided
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by dolu2007(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2010
God and God alone. If not for him, where i 4dey
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by AjanleKoko: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
jidobaba:

and then you only end up making the jobless graduates, 'the others' quite upset undecided

Nah . . . even unemployed grads have something to thank God for. They made it through school. Getting a job is just the next phase.
This thread is not strictly about celebrating success, just saying thanks to people who have impacted you positively one way or another.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by 0hsisi: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2010
Jarus:

Hmmmnnnnn, oro.

1, Almighty Allah.
2, My big brother, Keem, now CEO StanbicIBTC Stockbroking Ltd, for guiding me through, motivating and advising. Thruout all the stages of my education and till now. He is teh standard in the family and always looking forward to be like him
3, Dad, for providing the finance
4, Mum, for the prayers
5, Michael Taiwo, childhood friend, for building can-do spirit in me. Same primary school, secondary school and university. Could have settled for less in secondary school, and in Varsity in particular.
6, My bosses in places I have worked so far. My current boss is wonderful, so were my bosses in Vetiva. I have always been lucky to have good bosses everywhere I work.
7, My siblings, and extended family, for believing in me
8, My good friends, Busayo in particular, for staying by me all times.

9. To the beautiful Sikirat for helping you chop the moni
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by canuck(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2010
jidobaba:

A heart of gratitude towards those who contributed to your life will move you closer to your goals than being Mr. Grumpy.

My people talk say pickin way dey grateful for yesterday, MUST receive blessings today. You see youself so?!

Oya, before I open my eyes, post your gratitude to those who helped you secure your university paali!  cheesy
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Jarus(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
0hsisi:

9. To the beautiful Sikirat for helping you chop the moni
ROTFLMAO grin
u no serious o grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
My God.
My parents
My woman.
Myself
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by canuck(m): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2010
kokoye:

- - Thanks to my father for shedding tears and beating the hell outta me when I scored 17% in class three basic math - his tears turned my life around  - I had A1 in WAEC.

Wow! The love of a true father - He must be so proud! Very touching indeed. Glad for you that it all worked out!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by lahips: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2010
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by jidobaba(m): 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Nah . . . even unemployed grads have something to thank God for. They made it through school. Getting a job is just the next phase.
This thread is not strictly about celebrating success, just saying thanks to people who have impacted you positively one way or another.
canuck:

A heart of gratitude towards those who contributed to your life will move you closer to your goals than being Mr. Grumpy.

My people talk say pickin way dey grateful for yesterday, MUST receive blessings today. You see youself so?!

Oya, before I open my eyes, post your gratitude to those who helped you secure your university paali!  cheesy

I guess that I am a cynical SOB a.k.a. ol' Mr Grumpy  

I hereby post my sincere gratitude to those who helped me secure my university paali! 

And also to my G's who introduced me to the 'game' so's I could make some change on the side while searching the job market- life savers, my G's
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by pappilo(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thanks to God

Thanks to my father

Thanks to that fantastic lady from New Zealand for hiring me and then

Thanks to Steve for sacking me from the dead end job and then giving me a good reference when I needed one. I had started to hate the job so much but didnt have the balls to resign. Thanks for pushing me cos u made my life better.

If I win the lottery tomorrow Steve and the lady from New Zealand will be remebered.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by VALIDATOR: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thanks to papa for telling my teachers not to respect my brilliance but to flog the hell out of me to instill discipline.

Thanks to mama for quitting her job to give me the extra supervision I needed to be disciplined.

Thanks again to papa for keeping his promise of giving me one bottle of chilled coca cola each time I came first -- That was all he could afford but it worked wonders and I never missed it.

Thanks to God for it all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by PurestBoy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2010
To My Grandmum( Phuck mum & Dad)
To my brilliant secondary school friends who helped me with the dificult subjects by giving my tutorials
To my university friend who did the same thing like above
To my big Aunty, Aunty Jane in Portharcourt and Uncle Ismaila
To my mayee wey dey san wo mi
& lastly to Jesus Christ, who is the author and finisher of my faith
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by lajjy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
I WANT TO THANK THE ALMIGHTY GOD (MY CREATOR-- THE GIVER OF LIFE) FOR KEEPING ME ALIVE TILL TODAY. I WILL LIKE THANK MY MUM FOR HER PRAYERS AND SUPPORT FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TO THE  UNIVERSITY. SHE IS FOREVER APPRECIATED.  HOW I WISH MY DAD WAS ALIVE TO WITNESS HIS SON GRADUATING FROM HIGHER INSTITUTION. HOWEVER MY GRATITUDE IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT MENTIONING A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL TO WHERE I AM TODAY. THEY  ARE PROF. & MRS LASEINDES, THE BASHORUNS, MY HOMEBOY ( DEBO-- BOSTON,USA), DEMOLA SOLE ADESOJI(RIP), KAYODE AND PETER ( MY ROOMATES), LANRE AND AKIN( MY COURSEMATES), OYAWOYE A ( MY HOMEBOY),MICHAEL AND A HOST OF OTHERS.

NOT TO FORGET MY SPIRITUAL FATHERS, PASTOR DAVID OYESANWO AND  REV. CALEB AROGUNDADE. SAVING THE BEST FOR THE LAST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, THESE SET OF PEOPLE AM GOING TO MENTION NOW ARE PIVOTAL TO THE FOUNDATIONAL STRUCTURE ON WHICH MY CAREERS WAS LAID. THE ARE ALL MY TEACHERS IN ELEJA PRY SCHOOL, MUSHIN, IDI- ARABA HIGH SCH, MUSHIN AND ALL MY LECTURERS AT THE FED. UNIV. OF TECH. AKURE. THOUGH THEY SAY THE REWARDS OF TEACHERS ARE IN HEAVEN, MY PRAYERS TO YOU ALL IS THAT YOUR SEEDS WILL NEVER BEG FOR BREAD IN JESUS NAME.

OH! BEFORE I FORGET, NYSC YOBE STATE-NCCF (NGURU ZONE 2007/08), OUR PAPA, MAMA, UNCULUS AND THE REMAINING EXCOS. THE RURAL RUGGED TEAMS AND THE GOOD PEOPLE OF NGURU. I MISS YOU ALL. I THOUGHT I HAVE MET ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE I NEEDED IN MY LIFE UNTIL I MET NCCF NGURU FAMILY.

DO YOU REALLY LOVE THIS FAMILY, I LOVE THIS FAMILY OF GOD. TELL ME HOW CLOSELY??
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by denony(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thank you JESUS FOR YOUR KIND guidance and blesssings
Thanks Dad for the food
thanks mum for your prayers
Thanks bros/sis's for your troubles, lol
Thanks enemies for making me stronger
thanks friends for always demanding from me
Thanks poster for reminding of something

Thank you all
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by nikkygal(f): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
Awww. . . . . This thread is so emotional for me cry cool

I'll like to say a big thank you to my Dad for the imbibing the constant can-do spirit in me and for that 'beautiful lecture' one early morning at 3am. . . . .that lecture CHANGED MY LIFE till today! Thank you for your many threats on what you will do to me if i failed any of my exams pe ren! It all worked like magic. . . . . grin cheesy

Thank you to my beautiful mum for the shouts, many lesson teachers &  constant extra lessons that immensely contributed to my academic achievements today.

A big thank you to Ify. . . . .i learnt sooooo much from you, more than you could have ever imagined. . . . Even the body language to academic pursuit & the zeal was enough, you're too gbaski! I constantly thank God for taking a seat behind you in class  cheesy

To my big brothers. . . . .thanks for setting the standards, it only made me aim higher and am happy for the results today.

Baba God, i thank you immensely for making everything possible and bringing all this wonderful people into my life. . . . .I am forever grateful!!!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by lajjy(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
[quote]jidobaba (m)
Laygos

Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career
« #32 on: Today at 17:13:33 »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and then you only end up making the jobless graduates, 'the others' quite upset  
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

MY BOTHER, YOU WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION JUST DONT RELENT. DONT TELL PEOPLE YOU DONT HAVE A JOB COZ YOUR JOB NOW IS TO GET A JOB. ONE OF MY LECTURERS USED TO TELL US THAT THREE THINGS WILL WORK FOR US IN THE OUTSIDE WORLD ( FAVOUR MARKET) NOT ( LABOUR MARKET). AND THESE ARE (1) WHO YOU KNOW (2) WHAT YOU KNOW AND (3) DEVINE INTERVENTION. TO ME , IT IS THE LAST ONE THAT HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME. NOT EVEN THOSE I THOUGHT WILL HELP OR THE GRADE ON MY CERTIFICATE. VERY SOON YOU WILL SING A NEW SONG.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by mecussey(m): 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2010
I thank God for his favor on me

I thank my Dad

I thank my Uncle CJ for showing me pepe in Lagos and introducing me to his friend Uche Udemba who employed me as an IT student, I liked the pepe part because it really made me stronger.

and I thank my Ogas, Engrs. Chike Okwunakwe and Adeleke Arulongun for employing me in the line of my career.

But Na God dey do all these things ooo
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by suedoh2006(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thank my head for bringing me to the USA. Men i don suffer before the waka from oshodi to shasha. Now i'm a US citizen and living comfortable. Thank My God for all.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by MKDON: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2010
i thank ALMIGHTY GOD for HIS DIVINE GRACE, wisdom to obey my parents n listen, my parents for their prayers n guidance, my sibblings for their support n believing in me, my wife for encouragement.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2010
thank you[b] JESUS[/b] . . . because without you i'd never have made it this far.

My Dad . . . for telling me those who came first did not have 2 heads and i could be whatever i wanted if only i put in the effort. thank you for making me study for hrs every night rather than playing Tv games like my friends, thank you for telling me to work now and play later, best of all thank you for being a dad i can tell absolutely anything and who is always available to help me when i make mistakes . . . and oh thanks for making me finish Lacombes with so much cane and tears!  grin I thot you werent my dad then.

My mum . . . for taking all those breaks during long vacation to teach me maths, taking me out of public school so i could be a better student, for paying my GRE fee even when you had nothing on you. Its time to reap the fruits of your labour mom! thanks for being a fighter, a rock, my mentor and good friend! and thanks for those medical books at home too, they are the only reason i decided to read science instead of art afterall.

Mr. Anyanwu . . . my lesson teacher who ensured i finished my entire SSCE math and physics syllabus by the beginning of SS2.

The Oracle . . . you were the first person to believe in my talents, worked me hard and made me believe the sky was just the beginning. Rest in peace baba.

Ned Ballatori . . . one twenty minute call was all that set me on the long journey to grad school. I appreciate your patience, advise and encouragement even when i was on the verge of quitting! Your kind words a few minutes before my finals is one memory i will not forget anytime soon.

Chris Gramza . . . lol who said you cant have a school mother at 25?
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by bjmighty(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
I thank God and 2pac Shakur for influencing my life and my music! I see the light whenever i hear the musical prophet's voice!!!!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by loma(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
All Praise is due to Allah, for to Him belongs the keys to all the treasures of the heavens and the earth!

To my Dad, who was my study partner throughout  primary and secondary school, and ensured I never came second position!

To my Dad, who told me on getting admitted to Ife " I finished from Ife in 1971 with a 2nd Class Upper, so if you go to Ife, and get a 2nd Class Upper, you have not done anything new!"  and hence I kept a CGPA above 4.5 from beginning to finish!

To my mum who gave up juicy medical jobs abroad and chose to stay in Naija with us, you are the world greatest mum, and made all the difference!

To my 6 friends in Ife who we all made 1st Class together, thanks for the support and friendship

To Deolu Akinyemi who first interviewed me on campus for P&G and chose me out of 500 students, I salute your courage despite our religious differences, and my being dressed up in a Nigerian traditional outfit

To Seyi Adeyemo, my manager @ P&G, you always said, "nothing is impossible, just tell me what you need to get it done!"  Ko ma lo bee!

To my cousins- ASOB & MOB, who motivated me to go for my MSC,and facilitated it all the way, you guys are great!

And for my cuurent mentors, Marshal & Kola, you guys rock!
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by canuck(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
jidobaba:

I guess that I am a cynical SOB a.k.a. ol' Mr Grumpy

I hereby post my sincere gratitude to those who helped me secure my university paali!

And also to my G's who introduced me to the 'game' so's I could make some change on the side while searching the job market- life savers, my G's

Clap! Clap!! Clap!!! grin
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by netotse(m): 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2010
To my father, i've never lacked anything i truly needed. . .
To my mum, i know you're constantly burning up the line to heaven on my behalf. . .
To my siblings, cousin k and B, without you guys constantly picking on me i would never have developed into the man i am. . .
To all the PHCN engineers in the abuja sub-zone, y'all have shown me what competence means, in the midst of all the rot and decay. . .
To Engr A. and Oga salami, heck i didn't even like both of y'all but y'all opened a door i never imagined. . .i'm mad grateful
To the NL 'welcome to my office' crew and Electrical engineering thread, you guys show me what being good at what you do entails, it motivates me. . .thanks
To Engr M. my present Boss, even though you're a slave driver, i can see you truly want to bring out the best in me. . .i appreciate that.

To C. . .you taught me how to let go. . .
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by dozymars(m): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2010
I Thank you God Almighty for guiding my Career in the right path to the Top.

God has kept me alive,favoured me,blessed me with good health and made my way prosperous.

Also Appreciate my parents for their sacrifices and love.

They would live long to enjoy the fruits.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2010
This is what i am presently going through now in my life and work, cos i dont know what the future holds right now cos my manager is telling me not to make the next drastic but speculative move i am about making.

Fisrt i want to thank GOD Almighty for his favour on me, i have about everything that i need most of my mate dont have. (man just want more)

I want to thank my dad for his inspiration, he always tells me i can become anything i want and not end up like him, his favourite quote is that those successful men were born by women from their private part and that is how you are born too.

I want to thank my first home teacher (Sir) , he made me realize i have what it takes to be the first in my clas

I want to thank my mum for she taught me how to be hard working and focus, she is a hard working woman!!!

I want to thank mr Akande (R.I.P) for being my there when it matter most, so sorry i couldn't tell him this b4 he died.

I want to thank my guiadian (R.I.P) for without him, i would have been completely homeless here

I want to thank my friends and everyone i met in my school days especially Gmoney: you gave me a new life.

Now i have a Job (dat pays in Million per month), a wife, a kid and my own house, i am even a land lord to others

(But i am just starting i guess) thats why i need to go beyond my comfort level.

Allah, I thank you.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by kachiside: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
I thank the Almighty God who made it possible for me to still be alive and get the work.

Secondly, i thank my dear friend who showed me the advert and we applied together thou God had other plans for her because she was not taken.

Thirdly, i want to thank my mum who encouraged me to submit the application by post irrespective of the fact that the application expired that day i posted it because it wasn't on-line.

I also want to thank my dear friends and my siblings for being so supportive of me and once again God almighty.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2010
To God for guiding and protecting me right from childhood to this moment.
To my parents for sending me to school.
To my Lieutenant friend for bringing me back on track at a time I lacked priority in life.
To my university lecturers for insisting on academic competency rather than cutting corners during my under-graduate days, cos it now pay's
To my present boss for giving me a Job upon the completion of my NYSC.
To my son for praying to me unknowingly.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
well. To Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
To a best friend, mother, sister and convidant (MY LOVELY MAMA) though you are no more but i say a BIG THAN YOU. you thought me to be focused, hardworking and very determined. May your soul continue to rest in peace.

To my sibblings and "few" true friends. i love and appreciate you all.

To those clients who have stood like families, God bless you all

To those haters who have doubted me , without your hatred i wouldnt have been this successful (still aiming for GREATER THINGS).

To those numerous authors who have made me know there is always hope and room for improvement, i bought your books for less than $10 dollars but gained what money can never buy.

To God Almighty, even if i say a billion Alhamdulilahi, it can never translate to how much i appreciate what YOU have done in my life,

And to everyone out there, I LOVE YOU ALL
Re: Say Thank You To Someone Today For What You Have Achieved In Your Career by shadrach77: 12:34am On Jul 08, 2010
Papa God cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Your Temperament Affects Your Career Choice And General Performance. / Let's Discuss Salaries / Basic Medical Science In Nigeria - The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.