Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436069 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bode4real(m): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2010
@ all,
i tried upgrading from 109p to the new 69x patch (110P) but all i got was WRITTING FAILED. 0% anybodey that experienced such should throw more light, though i'm doin it tru flash not tried wit my computer via Rs232 cable
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2010
IRAPADA:

@george,pls wat is d tracking freq of badr4 and do u get national geogra on it.

@IRAPADA,
I think fijabi will be in a better position to give you that. He's the one recieving, not me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 9:53am On Sep 10, 2010
@emey
emeystan:

@iykeman, Use upload
@all, finally upgraded my 69x last nite.am enjoying sound. After uploading the software the decoder went off at first i thought i have fried my decoder, next thing i did was to turn off the docoder and turn it back on from the switch behind the decoder.
@emeystan Under data transfer what u have there is upload key or upload channel list I tried the two non is working,the problem with mine is that iwhen I plug the flash under data transfer I will not see anything bt if I goto file manager I will see the 4669x 1.10p and I cant upload from there,I need help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2010
iykemann:

@ll,
After uprgrading my 69x with the 1.09p that takes care of the mytv logo,I now proceed with 1.10 for aac audio which has refuse to install.after downloading into a flash drive,when I plug the flash and press menu-USB-then transfer data,I will see nothing in the flash bt if I go to file manager I will see the file,bt I cant move it to transfer data,where I'm suppose to upload from,anyone with idea pls help,I've tried three different usb flash,same result,
@all pls I really need help with this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2010
@Iykemann,I have give Akerero the answer to you concern, ,just read it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:50am On Sep 10, 2010
Ilish:

@Akereko,No need to worry, just get a working 69x and do a unit to unit transfer, that way you will succed othrwise try the pc to stb upgrade
Thank so much.I'm relieved.pls how will i go about unit to unit transfer.Explain better.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Akereko.,its an easy procedure, ,just go through Season 2 and 3 and 4 of the fta thread and you shall get the tutorial.All you need are 2 female 9pin RS232 and a working 69x.I shall put a detailed diagram on how to do it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2010
Gurus in d house salamalaku. I jst install w3a with tp 12607H29949 using 30cm dish on my 69x but after blind scan i got only 13channels they are: voxAFRICA, canal 2,3,info, bvn, stv1, occa Africa without mbc mauritius. What should i do to get mbc?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ekonibaje(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
townjuju ,dat is sirius, ok, do u reasearch well.ok, pls check lyngsat 4 clareification, pls dont let waste dis page, hope dis is d last season.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 9:25pm On Sep 10, 2010
Gurus in d house salamalaku. I jst install w3a with tp 12607H29949 using 30cm dish on my 69x but after blind scan i got only 13channels they are: voxAFRICA, canal 2,3,info, bvn, stv1, occa Africa without mbc mauritius. What should i do to get mbc?
@TOWNJUJU:
What you got there is Sirius4 which is very close to W3a and not W3a per se. That’s why you can’t have the Mauritian MBCs.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by captainus: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2010
@iykeman if u cant find it on ur receiver but on the pc it is possible the file is not on .stb format.so u may need to unzip the file into .stb format b4 the receiver can 'see' it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Paps1: 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2010
TOWNJUJU:

@ townjuju , i think u are using the wrong dish, with Mbc, rts, Zimbo etc. They go with 90-80 cm. It will work out for u with that size. Anyway u are receiving sirius4 on 4.8E instead of 7.0E, Happy hunting
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bode4real(m): 2:34am On Sep 11, 2010
bode4real:

@ all,
i tried upgrading from 109p to the new 69x patch (110P) but all i got was WRITTING FAILED. 0% anybodey that experienced such should throw more light, though i'm doin it tru flash not tried wit my computer via Rs232 cable

@ all,
finally i got the new patch uploaded unto my decoder via Rs232 cable, and its stress free. All AAcc audio now working fine
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2010
captainus:

@iykeman if u cant find it on your receiver but on the pc it is possible the file is not on .stb format.so u may need to unzip the file into .stb format b4 the receiver can 'see' it.
,@ captainus pls if you have the unzipped file,do send it to me,
@all anyone with the unzipped file,pls do send it to this email address markddillan@gmail.com or ikechi.ogbonna@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2010
ekonibaje:

townjuju ,dat is sirius, ok, do u reasearch well.ok, pls check lyngsat 4 clareification, pls dont let waste dis page, hope dis is d last season.
Pls take it easy wit me, remember u were once like me, try and b ur brother's keeper. Anyway tanks!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2010
@all,
RDV had gone again,just b4 kickoff,$$
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2010
@Lovala & paps1 Tank u! I tout as much, but my problem is I selected eutelsat w3a on my 69x box & wit that tp I hit green. So i was confused. Anyway tanks 4d clarification.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by fijabi(m): 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2010
[
George_D:

@IRAPADA,
I think fijabi will be in a better position to give you that. He's the one recieving, not me.
yes, my brother,this is tp=(CINEMA STAR-12.305,27500H,CUISINE TV,PIWI & TELETOON-12.323V,27500,)badr 4/5ku.
those channels is among $$$$$$$$$$$ but on my 63x is show,but scrambled on 69x,moreover am using latest patch for 63x (SRT4620XII_4661X_4664X_155p_20100827) maybe its the work of the patch ,GOD BLESS NAIRALAND $ FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by fijabi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2010
iykemann:

@all,
@ all,my RDV is working,but they lost the signal from their source of match.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2010
@all,
Finally Nailed nilesat with my 2.4m strong dish with the help of a friend and i was surprised i got more than i expected.
The signal for the strongest tps were hanging around 63-64% and stable.
i got CNN but it was cracking at 46% and BBc was crackin a bit but viewable.
During the night, the strong the tps went up as high as 72% but cnn & bbc were down.
Anyway, i just wanted to share my experience.
My next target is a microbox cos my friend said it could open some channels there.
Pls how much is the price of microbox?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by IRAPADA(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2010
fijabi:

[yes, my brother,this is tp=(CINEMA STAR-12.305,27500H,CUISINE TV,PIWI & TELETOON-12.323V,27500,)badr 4/5ku.
those channels is among $$$$$$$$$$$ but on my 63x is show,but scrambled on 69x,moreover am using latest patch for 63x (SRT4620XII_4661X_4664X_155p_20100827) maybe its the work of the patch ,GOD BLESS NAIRALAND $ FTA.
is that d tracking freq 4 badr4 and also how many  fta channel are on badr4
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by fijabi(m): 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2010
IRAPADA:

is that d tracking freq 4 badr4 and also how many  fta channel are on badr4
yes it is,is only 4 channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ibaku(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2010
fijabi:

those channels is among $$$$$$$$$$$ but on my 63x is show,but scrambled on 69x
scrambled on 69x, depending on the patch ur using !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2010
Guys check out some epl action live on d footbal annoucement thread. Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2010
cantell:

@all,
Finally Nailed nilesat with my 2.4m strong dish with the help of a friend and i was surprised i got more than i expected.
During the night, the strong the tps went up as high as 72% but cnn & bbc were down.
My next target is a microbox cos my friend said it could open some channels there.

@cantell,
Congrats on your nilesat installation. You will need to work on your H -tps which is why your not enjoying BBC, CNN and others. Though for a 2.4m dish CNN is hardly stable here in the south still BBC should be good unless there is a problem with your lnb tweaking which you need to look at.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2010
George_D:

@cantell,
Congrats on your nilesat installation. You will need to work on your H -tps which is why your not enjoying BBC, CNN and others. Though for a 2.4m dish CNN is hardly stable here in the south still BBC should be good unless there is a problem with your lnb tweaking which you need to look at.
Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.
its funny though cos i can watch bbc arabic and its stable while bbc english is so cracked up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2010
oh boi which dish type u used nail nilesat,i used a 2.5 mesh dish in delta state.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2010
cantell:

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.
its funny though cos i can watch bbc arabic and its stable while bbc english is so cracked up.

here in lagos, my bbc cracks during hot sun but a bit stable early&evening time on my 4m dish&i have never gotten CNN before. Lets hope this new 201 Will give us better reception
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 1:22am On Sep 12, 2010
cantell:

@all,

@cantell,
Tweak your Lnbf to either 10 o'clock or 5 o'clock position, i.e btw Horizontal & Vertical positions either way.
This is the best positon we track Nilesat in the North, for all H & V Frequencies to pop up without cracking.
Infact, as you move your Lnbf from other positions to 10 o'clock position which is my favorite,you'll appreciate the increase until you get to that position beyond which the signal drops.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 4:26am On Sep 12, 2010
iykemann:

@all,

Please,this is a off forum issue,never discuss it here. We have been told times without number.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by IRAPADA(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2010
life707:

@cantell,
Tweak your Lnbf to either 10 o'clock or 5 o'clock position, i.e btw Horizontal & Vertical positions either way.
This is the best positon we track Nilesat in the North, for all H & V Frequencies to pop up without cracking.
Infact, as you move your Lnbf from other positions to 10 o'clock position which is my favorite,you'll appreciate the increase until you get to that position beyond which the signal drops.
is national geog and E! stil free on nilesat and what can i do to receive them im using 1.8m dish in kontagora, niger state and im get about 175 channels but no cnn,E! and nageo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Emeritus153: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2010
@fijabi, can u give me clue on rdv. abifrank2004@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.