Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,273 members, 7,860,636 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:34 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437856 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by donald303: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
salamander tanks 4 ur input
@george-d
tanks alot 4 d details. God bles
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sylve11: 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2010
cool sammu and oga geord d, i greet u people. well my brothers, even when the spirit is dying down; u r always there to keep the team in form. well done bros!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
bolyjay:

@toba,here is the contact info.of the shop-shop B205,alaba international market,ojo, lagos.phone no-08033053310,08033150722,07025413466.

Will give the guy a call during the weekend and hopefully if i have enough cash to throw around in mid November, i will get to alaba during the salah holiday when traffic would be lighter around that axis. I have done some research on various forums on the best Lnb for FRINGE satellite reception, i discovered that Invarcom quad LNBF came out to be the best as recommended by numerous pple that have tried it on various international forums. But i know here in Nigeria a lot off pple talk about fuji. As for me, with my fuji lnb my Nilesat in Surulere area of Lagos with my 4metre old Dish, doesn't give me bbc, fox movies, dubai sport2 or CNN, so i need to try out something else later in November this year
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
This arrangement could be of help to those interested.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
IIish, PLS LET KNOW ABT HD SRT4930 WHATHER IS GOOD,CLEAR PICT,OR SOMETHING DIFF, FROM 96X,BRIEF US NOW.THANK YOU.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
IIish, PLS LET KNOW ABT HD SRT4930 WHATHER IS GOOD,CLEAR PICT,OR SOMETHING DIFF, FROM 69X,BRIEF US NOW.THANK YOU.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
spaceman:

This arrangement could be of help to those interested.

with the position of those 3 low noise block ( lnb)and dish itself,this setup will not work in nigeria, it can only work in most european countries especially the uk to pick 28e 13e and 19e etc on an offset single dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
@GODATOR,The Strong srt 4930 HD is a piece of art.Basically,it is similar to 69x but the difference is that it is both HD and Mpeg4.It uses both HDMI and COMPONENT video output.However,the only drawback is that the current software has no patch.Try it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
what i want to know is abt picture quality what diff,between 69x and srt 4930,thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rahsumt(m): 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
Pls what happen to CRTV since yesterday night they have went off on air or are they changing there S.R
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
@toba
you have got to be joking. 4m & you still having signal problems? i don't think its an lnb issue.it has to be the dish alligment. how close are you to the polytechnic in that area?(in terms of drive time for traffic-free day)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2010
@rahsumt
na so we see am.maybe they want to launch their long overdue new channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
borderline:

@toba
you have got to be joking. 4m & you still having signal problems? i don't think its an lnb issue.it has to be the dish alligment. how close are you to the polytechnic in that area?(in terms of drive time for traffic-free day)
well as one of the elders on this forum,i mustnt talk nonsense. I think i once made same complain to George months back. Im a bit far from Laspotech say minus traffic 10Mins drive +traffic 20Mins to Aguda where the dish is
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
toba dont waste your money on lnb even on 2.4m my fox movies,bbc is 58-60% .on your 4m i think all you need to do is just skewing.what is the signal strenght of aljazeera sport 1-4 is it up to 70-76%.try to fine tune cnn and the rest should come up on 4m even all showtime should be going green.retrack and re fine turning .Good luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2010
Good people, a friend of mind who also owns a 63 gave it out to another to carry out an installation. The other guy brought it back and we realized that the box has been blocked. You can only turn it on. After that it demands for the pin code to turn it on. No remote control works with it. So, how can one now input the pin since the remote control seems useless? Second question is, what is the unblocking pin from any brother who’s gone through such problem?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 30, 2010
Thks guys will give it a try one of this saturdays. The dish is just too big&heavy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 7:51am On Oct 30, 2010
@toba

with your 4m u suppose to have the world of Nile @ your feet, even we with 2.4m we still have some considerable good signal, like Obnelly said, it might not be lnb, alignment i suspect try and get some help from any forum member whos close to u and hit green on all the fr.

by the way the guy in Kenya said all jsc sport is going on HD. check his report on NILESAT thread,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 8:35am On Oct 30, 2010
@toba
ok but that is too far off for me to stop over.i'm coming to the first gate area around 5pm today.As everyone has adviced,don't waste your cash on lnb.just get some few manual hands in your area to help you bring the dish down while you do the technical aspect.or better still,reach out to any member around mushin-surulere axis.you almost scared me( a 2.4m nilesat hopeful)!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2010
borderline:

@toba
ok but that is too far off for me to stop over.i'm coming to the first gate area around 5pm today.As everyone has adviced,don't waste your cash on lnb.just get some few manual hands in your area to help you bring the dish down while you do the technical aspect.or better still,reach out to any member around mushin-surulere axis.you almost scared me( a 2.4m nilesat hopeful)!!!
When u mentioned polytechnic, i thought its the one at Surulere cos Laspotech have a campus at surulere not knowing its the one at Ikorodu that u were referring to. Just got that when u mentioned 1st gate then i knew where u were. Ikorodu is very far from surulere and would take u like 1h 20mins without traffic and over 2hrs with traffic. The dish is actually 4metres. I once said it that i got it for free somewhere in ikoyi in 2007. The oyinbo pple were using it for intelsat7/10 and they decided to go back to china, so they dash me and i took it to my second base in Surulere. Though old oo, but i refurbished it well and got it painted. I rem only receiving that stubborn bbc once in 2008 December around 8am-10.00am after that it began cracking since no show. And for Dubai sport2, i have never gotten it once. i gave up and decided to get that invarcom Lnb quad. Hopefully, next sat i should give it a try by realigning once again and if it doesn't improve i will go get another Lnb

twinskenny:

@toba

with your 4m u suppose to have the world of Nile @ your feet, even we with 2.4m we still have some considerable good signal, like Obnelly said, it might not be lnb, alignment i suspect try and get some help from any forum member whos close to u and hit green on all the fr.

by the way the guy in Kenya said all jsc sport is going on HD. check his report on NILESAT thread,
Well i'll give that a consideration
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2010
@toba
copy that
my mistake
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente02(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2010
When i try to check epg wit my 63x it sumtimer restart the reciever. Who is xperiencin dis and an posible solñs?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2010
bolyjay:

@oga george,good work it make sense,and for the c band do you to clip it to the holder.thanks.

I think sammu already gave you an idea on this. If you look at my pix close enough, you'll see that my C band lnbs are held together by clips. The clips were sent to me by Dejsam in Kano. If you need them just talk to him.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2010
sylve11:

cool sammu and oga geord d, i greet u people. well my brothers, even when the spirit is dying down; u r always there to keep the team in form. well done bros!

sylve!
Long time no hear! I think you should pop in here more often and try to update your FTA knowledge. Remember that an iron rod left outside in the cold for too long becomes rusty!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by princeparis(m): 10:04am On Oct 31, 2010
@ALL. Just thinking. What is the best LNB for 90cm/1m dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sophieamore1(f): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2010
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
guys lets enjoy some nice horror flicks tonight on mbc action.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2010
@prince paris,
You've been on this forum long enough to know the answer to that question. For 90cm, use premium 2 lazer if your having enough cash to spare but otherwise strong KU lnb is always good enough.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2010
anyone with 60e intelsat 904 and 50.5e thaicom 2 with channels on them
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
anyone with 4m dish to sale in ghana contact 0203558708,thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Paps1: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2010
@all anyone with information as to why crtv on astra 2ab is off. My has been off for sometime now. Is anyone also experiencing this
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente02(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2010
Guy its out 4 sum tyme naw prolly 4 four days or more. Bt endeavor to check her thread b4 askin bandwidth wastin questions.
Cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente02(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2010
Flexin my Ccws
a couple of showtime channels rockin {showsports2,3,4 inclusive} as at tyme of postin.
Enjoy

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by princeparis(m): 10:35am On Nov 01, 2010
@ Oga George, no vex o. Thanks. Sometimes Professors no dey remember say 2 X 2 is always equal to 4.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.