Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,858 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437088 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2010
@sammu,pls.how can i design lnb holder or bracket for this setup,using ku as primary focus and c band as offset.if you have a pics.of the set u can as well post it.thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by konami001: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2010
@all

I am in need of a satellite meter to help in my dish tracking, please anyone with ideas on the best readily affordable
as well as where to buy, share ideas, Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Kcbenjamin(m): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2010
Oga George , how you dey? Top movie just dey freez my blood for nilesat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2010
olofofo:

@all

60cm should track 2m up north. since they are close to the footprint than we are. it's best to track it with 1m here in Lagos and environ at is tends to crack sometimes on a 90cm dish from experience. those with 1.8m dish and above should have no problem whatsoever.

60cm, NOT in the north, @dejsam, whats ur experience?

guente:

@olason and Sam
thanks men. Just want 2 say dat actually i dnt hv a 90cm dish meaning i would like to add it to my 1.8m {not motorized} which i use nilesat{primary} as offset {i.e eutelsat w6}. What y'all tink. What i believe is dat since w3a, nss7, astra, w4/w7 e.t.c can be gotten wit dis method i tink it will work.
Any objections or contributions?
if its possible,it would have been listed on my earlier post. Man,even with 90cm, u go sweat bt very very easy with 180cm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 8:20am On Oct 26, 2010
Gurus in d in house, i need a tracking tp and guide to nail nss 22W ku . Pls,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2010
@townjuju use 11051 v 30000 for nss7 ku. swing your dish to the west opposite dstv position and track. U can always get your tps from www.flysat.com and www.lyngsat.com

@bolyjay check thread on motorising 1.8m and page 131 of fta thread part 4 for pics of how to combine c and ku lnbs
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2010
@all, pls help me wit patches of 63x and 69x so dat my infinity dat is dumb can talk.i ask last week no one reply pls.my mail is mbite200@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2010
aka tonero:

@all, pls help me wit patches of 63x and 69x so dat my infinity dat is dumb can talk.i ask last week no one reply pls.my mail is mbite200@yahoo.co.uk

get it yourself @

www.crosat.us
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2010
Kcbenjamin:

Oga George , how you dey? Top movie just dey freez my blood for nilesat

@Kcbenjamin,
Keep on enjoying. That is what nilesat is all about. More movies, more igbadun! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2010
@twinskenny,anyway thanks but i was at crosssat and was unable to locate it even wen i typed the receivers name it brings out no result.give me more hints pls.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2010
@tonero,you can download it from this site www.wizkid.persiangig.com,then look for patch 4 africa. you will definitely find it there.cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ALL,We have an outbreak for Str 4930 HD Strong going at unbeatable prize of $130 here.Join us in owning HD decoders.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by eskey(m): 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2010
@all

I have been following this trend for the last six month I need to commend everyone that have contributed to this trend.
I tried to upgrade my 63x because it can only open 3 channel frm hitv card, and fail to come alive after upgrade,I made a null modem cable and connect it to my computer to restore it back with srt loader software it say connect your box and power it on when i think everything is rightly done.please help, i still have another 63x that can only open 3 channel that i cannot upgrade it because i cant get the right upgrade for it through Google.plssss i need your help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2010
@eskey
bros u for sell the 2 63x and buy 1 69x.
upgrading 63x? well like u said u have been following the thread .
I hope u will get a solution sha.
hard luk bro
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
@life707
guy i dey beg u naw *on my knees*.
Help me upload d pic here or mail naw mk e guide me on hw to position d lnb {i knw hw to do w3a, nsssku and astra2b only}.
Im waiting 4 u oh.
guente02@gmail.com
Hmm. . . 2day sweet oh.
Imagine me opening over 20 '$' channels on my 63x wit cc*s *i knw say e no go last sha* buh i just gat 2 flex it while it lasts.
: : : Peace : : :
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by donald303: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
hello everyone.i hav bin away on service 2 fatherland & here in zamfara,trackin nilesat is like drinking 'kunu' for d natives. i wish i cud transfer dis 'nilesat receptn' 2 my residence in lagos
@oga george
i hail u my oga. pls how can i tel dat a particular satelite is linear or circular polarisd i.e whether i nid a glass in d lnb throat or not? don't b crosd if dis has bin answerd b4. u know i'm playin catch-up
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Paps1: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
@guente, could pls mail me the keys u are talking abt. my mail is henrybaby1@yahoo.com will love to share ur happines too. any way new channel on w3a. neutral tv africa 10959h 2149
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
donald303:

hello everyone.i hav bin away on service 2 fatherland & here in zamfara,t[b]rackin nilesat is like drinking 'kunu' for d natives. i wish i cud transfer dis 'nilesat receptn' 2 my residence in lagos[/b]
@oga george

Thats how it seemed to me too when i was in yobe State. Reception of Nilesat was with 1.5metres dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by viazi: 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
Gurus in the house, i urgently need to go NILESAT, am in Abuja, WHAT SIZE OF PAN DISH DO I USE TO GET ALLTHE GREAT STATIONS A FIXED MOUNT CAN GET( ALL THE JSC's, All the ALJAZEERAS, ALLTHE SHOWTIMES and many dt am not aware of , HW MANY LNB CAN I USE TO MAXIMISE THE DISH, COST OF EQUIPMENTS ETC, I ALREADY HAV A 69X DT I USE FOR MULTI TV. AND IF THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS PLSE POST THE LINK.

Pls i appreciate u guys.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2010
@viazi,
my only contribution is an advice. I will not advice u to buy 1.8m. Please go for 2.4m and above if you can for optimal jolification
Enjoy bro
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
@twinskenny

i didnt hear from you again as regards a dreambox and 4699x decoder. i need to know which one is better off for 3m motorised dish.i dey for waffi side
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Bolyjay, thank u soo soo soo much.one luv
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
figment232:

@twinskenny

i didnt hear from you again as regards a dreambox and 4699x decoder. i need to know which one is better off for 3m motorised dish.i dey for waffi side

pls forgive me i have been busy

can u send me a blank email? i will surely send u the details

thanks

my email is: email2kenny@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ALL,Kindly help me with patch software for Strong SRT 4930 HD.It has no patch for encrypted channels.It comes with version 1.00P software.,However,I have downloaded the version 1.02P and the same has no patch.The 6969 or 8282 code does not work.Help your broda, abeg ooo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
@olason
thanks for your lecture on 2m i will give it a try again God bless
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2010
donald303:

@oga george
i hail u my oga. pls how can i tel dat a particular satelite is linear or circular polarisd i.e whether i nid a glass in d lnb throat or not? don't b crosd if dis has bin answerd b4. u know i'm playin catch-up

@donald,
You can tell if a particular (c band) satellite is linear or circular by looking at its transponders. For instance linear polarity transponders end with straight V or H like 4113H or 4001V while circular polarity transponders end with either R or L which still translates to R for V and L for H on your decoder. As you already know, you don't need a dielectric plate (glass) to be inserted in the lnb throat for linear polarity satellites. There are not too many examples of linear satellites these days as the trend now with is towards circular polarity satellites.

In our sphere trackable linear ones include Thaicom 2,5 @78.5E , Intelsat 7/10 C @68E, Paksat 1 @38E on the (east side) and only Intelsat 1R  @45W (west side).

EDITED
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:02am On Oct 27, 2010
@donald,
Check the pix of my 3-in-1 lnb set up for more understanding.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2010
George_D:

@donald,
You can tell if a particular (c band) satellite is linear or circular by looking at its transponders. For instance linear polarity transponders end with straight V or H like 4113H or 4001V while circular polarity transponders end with either R or L which still translates to R for V and L for H on your decoder. As you already know, you need a dielectric plate (glass) to be inserted in the lnb t[b]hroat for linear polarity satellites[/b]. There are not too many examples of linear satellites these days as the trend now with is towards circular polarity satellites.

In our sphere trackable linear ones include Thaicom 2,5 @78.5E , Intelsat 7/10 C @68E, Paksat 1 @38E on the (east side) and only Intelsat 1R @45W (west side).

Do you mean you DON'T NEED a dilectric plate (glass) or you need it?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zoboizee: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2010
@guente.am attaching this old pic from the forum .hope it help
@ efryone.it is always interesting and educative whenever am on nairaland, smileylol

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zoboizee: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ooops! The pic above is rather 4 bolyjay and not guente.
@ guente, there is fun in sharing.feel free if ur heart gives
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
@zobo,thanks for the pics.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2010
zobo-i-zee:

Ooops! The pic above is rather 4 bolyjay and not guente.
@ guente, there is fun in sharing.feel free if your heart gives

Then where is myne?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.