Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436112 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2010
@all,
Galaxy is the station to beat as per entertainment. No wonder all the rest providers have started feeling jittery. Abeg they should leave us alone to enjoy the only proper naija station on Astra 2B!

EDITED
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2010
@george
are you talking about galaxy tv? cos the last time i checked,they were still on the infinity rubbish bouquet.
@gadotor
your post is too inconclusive to make anything out of.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2010
@olason
i checked that dish & noticed the ring cover at the center of the dish had fallen. i coupled it & to my surprise,2M jumped to 66% without doing the east biasing. i'm sure it could have been higher if i had done those little adjustments. you probably should fine tune from your end & see the improvements.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2010
@olason
i checked that dish & noticed the ring cover at the center of the dish had fallen. i coupled it & to my surprise,2M jumped to 66% without doing the east biasing. i'm sure it could have been higher if i had done those little adjustments. you probably should fine tune from your end & see the improvements.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rich8: 6:31am On Oct 23, 2010
all.thanks to u all for u efort thanks elort .but the problem am having now is the loader can not detect the receiver simple bceuse the loader do detect the receiver when the receiver is on i dont know why is like that please if there is any solution please give me a hand please
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2010
rich8:

all.thanks to u all for u efort thanks elort .but the problem am having now is the loader can not detect the receiver simple bceuse the loader do detect the receiver when the receiver is on i dont know why is like that please if there is any solution please give me a hand please

@rich8
You did not explain how you connected the receiver is it with a flash drive or RS232 cable to a pc.
1. it the rs232 cable properly configured and your software unzipped
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rich8: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2010
please about the frash drive i dont have but i coneted rs232c to pc but i dont know how to configa the softwra please can u explain how the configration is please,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2010
@TWINSKENNY

I am presently using srt 6534 strong with a 90cm disj but i intend upgrading to a 3m dish with a better decoder,but i am confused.Btw a srt 4699x strong decoder and a dreambox which would be more beneficial on d 3m dish?Does the dream box work with on an internet connection?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2010
@twinskenny
please

I am presently using a srt 6534 strong decoder with a 90cm dish but i intend upgrading to a 3m dish with a better decoder,but i am confused.Btw a srt 4699x strong decoder and a dreambox .which would be more beneficial on d 3m dish?Does the dream box work with only an internet connection?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2010
figment232:

@twinskenny
please

I am presently using a srt 6534 strong decoder with a 90cm dish but i intend upgrading to a 3m dish with a better decoder,but i am confused.Btw a srt 4699x strong decoder and a dreambox .which would be more beneficial on d 3m dish?Does the dream box work with only an internet connection?
Ok nOw it's a choice 69x is a nice decoder with mpeg4 capability' but dreambox is a differnt ball game entirely. You can email me I will send more details
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Fred4life(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2010
twinskenny i use 2.5m dish but i dont know y i cant get 2m national.any help 4 me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2010
@Fred4life

i receive 2m national with my 90cm dish here in lagos.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olatufu(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2010
@ segunfms, wots d lnb skew for 2m?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2010
@twinskenny
my email is enapo49@yahoo.com plz send me details
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2010
@fred4life

There is no reason why u should not get 2m on w6. if your 2.5m dish motorised, track upward after astra 2b@28E that is multitv using this freq 11653 v 15714 . pls note that w6 is located @ 21E. cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
@sammu well sir,is it possible for me to receive badr6 ku with 1.8m dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2010
@sammu well sir,is it possible for me to receive badr6 ku with 1.8m dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sophieamore1(f): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2010
@segunfms, sammu please can someone receive 2m international in southern nigeria with 90cm ku.
And are there other channels in that position.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2010
Wat if im in the north like sokoto? I saw it frm their beam and it covered sokoto {I have 4gotten the EIRP}. What dish could b required?
@George
Hw sunday?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2010
@ all longest time, you know its better late than never, Thank God for (season 5) of this thread which i also witnessed.i luv you all nairalanders, @ sammu,pls how can i install this 2M in my area?ENUGU STATE.You know you directed me some months ago but i lost the freq and the location where the sat faced,pls can you throw more light on this bird.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2010
bo,line and what not shd not be outside to say or talk any how get involve and say something better for once.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2010
borderline, i mean you are borderline,hence asking quastions and watching,get inn,tell something better and conclusive
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2010
Nobody don answer me oh. . . Can i track w6 on my 90cm in Sokoto?
I nid frank and swift anwsers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2010
@ALL
Eutelsat w6 is located at 21E that is a little above Astra2b . The minimum dish size that is recommended is 90cm anywhere in naija. Those up north will definitely have higher signal levels. The tracking frequency is 11653 v 15710 . Lnb skew is 9 o'clock.
For those on Motorised dish, just track upward after astra2b
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2010
@bolyjay, your 1.8m will you badr 5 @26e and not badr4,6.

@guente, 90cm dish should nail w6 in sokoto

@sophi give w6 a shot with 90cm or 1m dish and let hear your result.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2010
Guente, to add to what Samu said trackin 2m national anywere, can be most times usin 90cm dish very hectic. Reason is dat 2m is not as easy as trackin Astra 2b. 2m has a very unique method of trackin it. Even when u are on target d signal does not jump just out like dat, it takes abt 20-30secs 4 it to come up. In season 2 I did a detailed step by step on how to do dis. When traking use srt 4650, u must exercise enough patience. Gdluck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rahsumt(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2010
Pls house is there any body know CRTV frequency and symbol rate of there remain channels .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2010
@all

60cm should track 2m up north. since they are close to the footprint than we are. it's best to track it with 1m here in Lagos and environ at is tends to crack sometimes on a 90cm dish from experience. those with 1.8m dish and above should have no problem whatsoever.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by guente(m): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
@olason and Sam
thanks men. Just want 2 say dat actually i dnt hv a 90cm dish meaning i would like to add it to my 1.8m {not motorized} which i use nilesat{primary} as offset {i.e eutelsat w6}. What y'all tink. What i believe is dat since w3a, nss7, astra, w4/w7 e.t.c can be gotten wit dis method i tink it will work.
Any objections or contributions?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2010
@gadotor
you must be either be touchy or irrational to have reeled out those rubbish words.i was only telling you that post did not convey much info & that,to a gentle man,shouldn't warrant a thoughtless reaction as yours. i'm not a word of petty word trading but you certainly have overdone this!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ikiriye(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2010
@all
those on badr sat 4/6 scan 12091V27500 for ABC tv english speaking.enjoy

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.