Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437878 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2010
@all. I intend buying this cable for s/w transfer but I discovered it has 9 pins but the socket on my pc has 15 pins. Is there any special hardware I have to connect to my pc?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2010
Ameboperoo:

@all. I intend buying this cable for s/w transfer but I discovered it has 9 pins but the socket on my PC has 15 pins. Is there any special hardware I have to connect to my PC?

You can buy a 9 pin adapter cable for your PC from any computer accessory shop
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
Pls how does it looks like? The one I know has 9pins at both ends
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
Ameboperoo:

Pls how does it looks like? The one I know has 9pins at both ends
It is plastic -sometimes metal contraption-that has 9-pins at one end and 25 at the other.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
@all,
Goodnews for all those in the nilesat family! 201 has finally landed the south-south.
11727h now active with about 65% signal quality on 3m.

Aljazeera children, Eritrea TV, and a lot of test channels.

EDITED
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
George_D:

@all,
Goodnews for all those in the nilesat family! 201 has finally landed the south-south.
11747h now active with about 65% signal quality on 3m.

Aljazeera children, Eritrea TV, and a lot of test channels.
Old News. embarassed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by geefivez(m): 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
Can somebody plz help me with patch 120 for 4669x. Its urgent. Geefivez@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 11:56pm On Dec 22, 2010
George ,ITS 11727H and not 11747.we cant get it in lagos with 2.4 m such a stubborn bird to kill.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by owokasib: 2:15am On Dec 23, 2010
@Ameboperoo
I believe you are using a laptop. most laptop these days does not come equipped with the 9pin serial port. you can buy a USB to Serial cable and connect it to your (9pin to 9pin). That is what I am using as per the attached. I hope this is helpful.

Ameboperoo:

@all. I intend buying this cable for s/w transfer but I discovered it has 9 pins but the socket on my pc has 15 pins. Is there any special hardware I have to connect to my pc?

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 3:53am On Dec 23, 2010
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?

I installed a two-dish setup for a friend and it suddenly lost signal.
I am currently out of town and have discussed the problem with them, doing the normal checking but the thing is that they cant figure where it went wrong.
All the physical installation are in place and it could just be that they are selecting the wrong Diseq Switch( 1,2,3 or 4 Diseq/Splitter)

Can anyone in the house recommend an "installer for me" or can anyone who has know-how and wants to assist me to resolve the issue please leave a message for me here so l can link them to the address, PLEASE?
The location is in Lagos, Mainland area of Yaba.
You know how it is when women cant watch their GTV or Kids can watch their Kiddy stuff, l am in trouble!
The Decoder in use is a STRONG 4669x tuned to MyTV and JoyTV.

I am sure its not "equipment failure" since it just says "No Signal" but its shows all the Satellite feeds that is in the Decoder (which says that my LNB, Dish and Decoder are picking signals and its likely a "settings problem"wink.
I've asked them to do a blind scan and it still does not pick the channels but due to my not being physically present at the place, l cant remember exactly, the Diseq (1,2,3 or 4) that the two dishes are tied to (maybe they have selected a wrong one).

I just feel l need someone who is knowledgeable about it, to be physically there to correct things for me.

Anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2010
Excuzeme:

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?

I installed a two-dish setup for a friend and it suddenly lost signal.
I am currently out of town and have discussed the problem with them, doing the normal checking but the thing is that they cant figure where it went wrong.
All the physical installation are in place and it could just be that they are selecting the wrong Diseq Switch( 1,2,3 or 4 Diseq/Splitter)

Can anyone in the house recommend an "installer for me" or can anyone who has know-how and wants to assist me to resolve the issue please leave a message for me here so l can link them to the address, PLEASE?
The location is in Lagos, Mainland area of Yaba.
You know how it is when women cant watch their GTV or Kids can watch their Kiddy stuff, l am in trouble!
The Decoder in use is a STRONG 4669x tuned to MyTV and JoyTV.

I am sure its not "equipment failure" since it just says "No Signal" but its shows all the Satellite feeds that is in the Decoder (which says that my LNB, Dish and Decoder are picking signals and its likely a "settings problem"wink.
I've asked them to do a blind scan and it still does not pick the channels but due to my not being physically present at the place, l cant remember exactly, the Diseq (1,2,3 or 4) that the two dishes are tied to (maybe they have selected a wrong one).

I just feel l need someone who is knowledgeable about it, to be physically there to correct things for me.

Anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

tell them to call me on this number i may be of help 08051355133, i will be around that area today and tommorow
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2010
cantell:

Old News. embarassed

@cantell,
It may be 'old news' to you but certainly not to us here in the south-south. If you been following the nilesat 201 thread on the childboard you will see that peeps here have been lamenting bitterly their inability to access signals from that bird months after it was supposed to have been launched. So, the signals finally coming through to us here is new and not 'old' as you suggest.

Please lets be guided in our responses to posts from members. If you've been on the official fta thread long enough you should know by now that certain members don't just wake up to post anything unless there is strict need for it.

Have yourself a little merry xmas!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2010
obnelly:

George ,ITS 11727H and not 11747.we cant get it in lagos with 2.4 m such a stubborn bird to kill.

@obnelly,
Thanks. Post has been edited accordingly.

It has taken months but finally I guess nilesat 201 is now beaming down on us here in the south-south. Lets see what other goodies they have in stock this new year besides Eritrea TV, Aljazeera Children and all those fancy HD channels!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Walexdinho(m): 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
hope to have startime thread soon
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Walexdinho(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
waiting 4 startime thread, MERRY XMAS TO EVERYONE
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 1:03am On Dec 24, 2010
@twinskenny
tell them to call me on this number i may be of help 08051355133, i will be around that area today and tomorrow

Thanks very much "Twinskenny" for trying to help out.
This "bailout" is much appreciated.
They will call you Tomorrow (Friday) but being a working day, my cousin may not be around during working hours but l will tell them to get home very quick.
On the other hand, (as it suits you), l will appreciate if you can make local arrangement with them during the holiday period/weekend.

I know l could be asking too much cry cry
They would mention my "handle" when they call you.

Thanks a million!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
@twinskenny
tell them to call me on this number i may be of help 08051355133, i will be around that area today and tomorrow

Thanks very much Twinskenny.
This "bailout" is much appreciated.
They will call you Tomorrow (Friday) but being a working day, my cousin may not be around during

working hours but l will tell them to get home very quick.
On the other hand, (as it suits you), l will appreciate if you can make local arrangement with

them during the holiday period/weekend.

I know l could be asking too much
They would mention my "handle" when they call you.
Thanks a million!
Twinskenny,
We all have gained a lot from people like Twinstaiye, George-D, jujuchemist, badaru1, Toxnaija,

Enitan2002, Olofofo, Ameboperoo, FreshP, Enigma, Love4Sat and many others, at NO COST in promoting FTA.
Even where there was cost, it is "minimal" to cover transport!
Looking thru the forum, l can see that yourself was also a beneficiary of their kindness, and not too long ago! shocked

I was happy when you offered TO "HELP", when l made my plight public on the forum.

I know a "complete reset" of the 4669x will resolve the problem since all the wiring, dish-setup & alignment remain untouched but like l said, l am currently out of town and my cousins cant handle it over the phone.

I am disappointed when you made contact with his wife on phone and YOU ASKED FOR #5,000 (Five grand!) to

reset the Box? They tried to even negotiate with you but you insist on #5,000!

As you know, installers who do this for a living will do a FRESH INSTALL, including Dish installation and

cabling for between #2,500 and #3,000, so how come you want to collect #5,000, even when you gave the impression that you're just helping a

fellow Nairalander, to reset a 4669xBox?

Imagine if the Gurus like Georg-D, Ameboperoo, TwinsTaiye, e.t.c were charging us an "arm and leg"

(or charged you #5,000 for every help or question you asked?) each time you need help?

This is against the spirit of FTA.

Money will finish but a good name goes on forever.

This is very unfair. It reminds me of the story of the debtor in the Bible who was forgiven his

VERY HUGE DEBT but on meeting someone who owed him just a fraction on the way back, he wanted to

strangle that one! angry angry

Anyway, l am throwing my request open again to anyone else WHO WANTS TO HELP AND IS NOT AFTER

MONEY!
(A little defray of transportation expenses to/from Yaba will be in order, if requested).

Thank you once again, TWINSKENNY, your "#5,000 rcharge for "a help" is generous and will be fondly

be remembered
shocked sad sad

Can anyone sill recommend someone for me, who will be more considerate, please?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2010
l want you to know that lt,s a free market and therefore they is no cause to alarm,you are lageble for choice and bargain,however l thing our friend should be in a position to help,because this how the forum is made about,we must be able to assist one another,l hope we are in fastival time,a time of good will and love,let show is our way of life,can someone rush to the house and fixed the situation as soon as possible for this family to enjoy this christmas,please please someone come to my aid,for the sake of free to air,thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
New channel on 21e eutelsat w6 freq 11611 H 3590 Enjoy it,thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
@excuseme
i don't think you are going about this issue the right way.if a forum member is asking for a particular fee before coming over,i don't think it is fair for you to begin to cast aspersion on his credibility as a result of that. just because we are forum members doesn't mean we share the same view of life. a lot of factors could have been behind his action. more importantly,you could have resolved this issue off air instead of a public show off like this. i do not know kenny personally but i don't think his motives were selfish. please let us all continue to show ourselves love and respect wherever we are.this world is such a small place. one love
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
@all
wishing everyone a fruitful end to an eventful year. special thanks to my friend olason whose help has been enormous to say the least. not to forget george,olofofo & sammu. may the almighty spare our lives to be of use to each other forever more.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
Excuzeme:

Twinskenny,
We all have gained a lot from people like Twinstaiye, George-D, jujuchemist, badaru1, Toxnaija,

Enitan2002, Olofofo, Ameboperoo, FreshP, Enigma, Love4Sat and many others, at NO COST in promoting FTA.
Even where there was cost, it is "minimal" to cover transport!
Looking thru the forum, l can see that yourself was also a beneficiary of their kindness, and not too long ago! shocked

I was happy when you offered TO "HELP", when l made my plight public on the forum.

I know a "complete reset" of the 4669x will resolve the problem since all the wiring, dish-setup & alignment remain untouched but like l said, l am currently out of town and my cousins cant handle it over the phone.

I am disappointed when you made contact with his wife on phone and YOU ASKED FOR #5,000 (Five grand!) to

reset the Box? They tried to even negotiate with you but you insist on #5,000!

As you know, installers who do this for a living will do a FRESH INSTALL, including Dish installation and

cabling for between #2,500 and #3,000, so how come you want to collect #5,000, even when you gave the impression that you're just helping a

fellow Nairalander, to reset a 4669xBox?

Imagine if the Gurus like Georg-D, Ameboperoo, TwinsTaiye, e.t.c were charging us an "arm and leg"

(or charged you #5,000 for every help or question you asked?) each time you need help?

This is against the spirit of FTA.

Money will finish but a good name goes on forever.

This is very unfair. It reminds me of the story of the debtor in the Bible who was forgiven his

VERY HUGE DEBT but on meeting someone who owed him just a fraction on the way back, he wanted to

strangle that one! angry angry

Anyway, l am throwing my request open again to anyone else WHO WANTS TO HELP AND IS NOT AFTER

MONEY!
(A little defray of transportation expenses to/from Yaba will be in order, if requested).

Thank you once again, TWINSKENNY, your "#5,000 rcharge for "a help" is generous and will be fondly

be remembered
shocked sad sad

Can anyone sill recommend someone for me, who will be more considerate, please?

I guess Funmi your sister mis inform you,  she called and i told her that my location is very far and that if am to come to ebutte metta she has to pay 5k yes i said that and she never tell u that i ask her if she can wait till next week when i am around that location and i will fix it for lot less,  bros u know how much it will cost u to move around lagos in this holiday period,  since u know that its a small issue wy dont u fly down and fix it? and if fta is free i should use my own money to transport and resolve your issue for you?? u lack knowlege honestly and why dont u ask your sister to give u the complete info?,  I shouldnt be talking to you anyway,, i told  your sis that my office is close to that area and i can fix it even for free. trust me you are new here you should ask people about me before u jump into conclusion. did you know that i even asked her if she is with the decoder and we can both troubleshoot on air??shouldnt be talking to you though.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
borderline:

@excuseme
i don't think you are going about this issue the right way.if a forum member is asking for a particular fee before coming over,i don't think it is fair for you to begin to cast aspersion on his credibility as a result of that. just because we are forum members doesn't mean we share the same view of life. a lot of factors could have been behind his action. more importantly,you could have resolved this issue off air instead of a public show off like this. i do not know kenny personally but i don't think his motives were selfish. please let us all continue to show ourselves love and respect wherever we are.this world is such a small place. one love

Appreciated!!! my brother

you said it all. guess the slowpoke is new here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2010
always check the number of post by users before offering help.some come into this thread when they need help and go when they get what dey really want from active member.No free lunch, remember also that no pain no gain.Enough is enough .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2010
obnelly:

always check the number of post by users before offering help.some come into this thread when they need help and go when they get what dey really want from active member.No free lunch, remember also that no pain no gain.Enough is enough .
NOTED[b][/b]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
gadotor:

l want you to know that lt,s a free market and therefore there is no cause of alarm,you are legible to choose and bargain,however l hope our friend should be in a position to help him,because this how the forum is made of and about,we must be able to assist one another,l hope we are in fastival time,a time of good will and love,let show is our way of life,can someone rush to the house and fixed the situation as soon as possible for this family to enjoy this christmas,please please someone come to my aid,for the sake of free to air,thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2010
New channels on 5w atlantic 3 freq 3729 V 29948 Guyane Premiere and France 24,ENJOY IT,THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
merry christmas and prosperious and good year 2011 to all members of this forum,especailly sabto,salander,esuo,my good friend kumasi,ecg,ghana.adams,ali, and all goods friends of forum.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2010
I will take this from bottom-up and l dont really want to make too much fuss out of it.

@obnelly. : I have been on Nairaland since 2006 or thereabout. I created this "handle" specifically to resolve this problem!
Because l threw it open to anyone (that person will be visiting a family member's residence and l dont know yet, who will respond) and we all know that the only reason we use "pseudo-name" is because of confidentiality when dealing with "the unknown", thats why l am not using my familiar handle! How could l be "new" and know all about the "gurus" in the house, since season one?
How could l have installed this Satellite System in the first place if not for the help of most people here (and l have also helped countless others here too!).
Its "distance" that is my issue here, not the no-how. I am on an official duty outside Lagos otherwise, it wont take me 15minutes to sort this out.

The idea that you cant help "new posters/members" is fatally wrong. Its "new members" that become "gurus" in the future, helping other new members also and the thing grows form there!
Remember our first few posts on this FTA was all about "help me pls", also?
Its so for most of us here grin
By coming together, we can benefit ourselves otherwise, there is no need to create forums for issues of common good.
Thanks for your observation.

@borderline @godator
You have both spoken very well. We are not alike and different things motivate different people.
When l advertised this problem, l asked for HELP.
I never mentioned anything about wanting to "engage an installer" for a fee.

More importantly, TWINSKENNY OFFERED TO HELP, willingly, openly here, without stating that he will want anything in return!
If you go back and read the post up there, he said
Tell them to call me on this number, l may be of help, l will be AROUND that area today and tomorrow
He could have added: l will charge you a "reasonable fee" for it. Thats his choice.

Maybe l am not even half as smart as he said but I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "A HELP" AND A "PAID JOB".
Now, lets assume he wanted some little cash (since we are not all the same as we said) for doing it.
He said "he would be in that area for Thursday and Friday today" so on the question of transport, whether he helps me or not, he would have still paid for his own transport to that area!
I can only offset part of it!
I guess one of the reasons he offered to help was that "He will be in that area", using one stone to kill two birds! fair enough.
Again, lets assume l am to even totally pay for his transport:
He could not be asking me to pay for his transport from Onitsha or PH, to Lagos
There is no way he is "moving around Lagos", even from Badagry (North) to Ikorodu/Epe (South axis) that he will pay #5,000 except he wants me to charter a Taxi for him grin
Finally, maybe some settings are misplaced on a 4669x box, how much effort does it take to delete all transponders or even click "factory settings" and then do a search/blind scan? (l learnt all these for free, here on Nairaland, thanks to people like Amebopeero, jujuchemist, Twinstaiye, Toxnaija, Badaru1, Geroge-D, Enitan2K, Olofofo, Enigma, e.t.c  grin  and by God, l will help as many people as l can, for free, also)

If we are to quantify in naira terms, what these people have "given-out" to others for free, on this forum, its in the millions of naira.
But good name they say, is better than Silver or Gold! Even if its a "good" pseudo-name!!
We never know where will we meet in flesh and blood, do we?

Now, a NEW, complete installation (Dish, Cabling and configuration of the Box) for a stranger, by someone who advertises himself as an installer, and does it for a living, will cost #3,000 max as per "Labor fee".

How come my brother Twinskenny, here on Nairaland wants to charge my cousin's wife, #5,000 naira just to click factory settings, reboot and blind-scan", even after all the "Thank you goodwill" l have given him openly here on Nairaland (l bet everyone thought he was just being "nice and helpful" as we do to each other here on nairaland! I actually told my cousin that "we are online forum friends"! kiss
This where and what l have a problem with!
How reasonable is this and how many of we Nairalanders honestly think this is right?

This is not casting aspersion on his character( saying something wrong and defamatory), except you think what he did, as mentioned here, was WRONG!

If this is what he calls "Smartness", l am truly not smart at all.
I will "foolishly" call it exploitation. Thats how not-so-smart l am.
I am disappointed of course but No Bile.

Like said, lets not make a big issue out of it anymore. No need to say "l am not smart".
It just emphasizes the point that we are different.
IT IS HELP I WANTED, H-E-L-P.
I do unto others as l expect them to do unto me: Thats why l said HELP!!

Wishing everyone, including Twinskenny a Merry Xmas and a blessed New Year in advance.
You guys have been wonderful all these years.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 25, 2010
@ twinskenny, dis one wey i dey hear 'ask yur sister', 'yur sister called me', 'i told yur sister'. I think i'd be able to come in here at this junction to help oooo lol, kindly forward the number to my wall, you hear The deities will appreciate that.
@ badaru, happy birthday to the 'alpha' of this thread, but we never see the 'omega', may the deities continue to work wonders in yur life, spare your life for the benefit of people like us that cant do without your goodwill, you're just too much baba, words cant filly be used to describe yur generosity, you're more than just 'badaru' to me, once again merry xmas and happy birthday again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 6:43am On Dec 25, 2010
TO OUR ABLE OGA BADARU, HAPPY BIRTDAY

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.