Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437880 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 8:29am On Dec 25, 2010
@ALL, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND WONDERFUL HAPPY NEW YEAR.

@ TWINSKENNY AND EXCUSEME, PLS AND PLS LETS PUT THIS BEHIND US AND MOVE ON, WE ALL ARE BROTHERS ON THIS FORUM. WE SURE WILL NEED EACH OTHER FROM TIME TO TIME.

@OGA BADARU1,HAPPY BIRTHDAY. MAY THE ALMIGHTY GOD CONTINUE TO GUIDE AND UPHOLD YOU.

@SYLVE11 GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 8:44am On Dec 25, 2010
oga sammu happy xmass to you and thanks for the advice,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2010
Oga badaru, haPy birthday to an icon in this industry. Ran ka dede.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 10:47am On Dec 25, 2010
skynews fta now on infinity package @ astra 2b freq 12543 h 20800
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2010
@all
To all good members in the house:

MERRY XMAS TO YOU and a

PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR in advance!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2010
@Excuzeme

what is wrong with someone asking for 10k to hammer a nail in the wall? it's for you to say no and not to come to the thread to try and assassinate the person's character. what rubbish! a lot of people on this thread are always looking for freebies, even when such services are professional services?

it's one thing to give free advice on the phone, but it's another to come down to your place and do you a service. absolutely nothing wrong in charging whatever fee upfront.

here's my story,

George gave a guy my number on this thread and he has a problem with his 2.4 motorized!. so i go there to see what the problem is and i told him his LNB will not work. i told him that i was busy and i will try to find a time to come back to help him fix his problem. now he keeps calling and when i finally had the time to go there, i took a  LNB along with me. the Sun was scorching but we were able to successfully help in nailing nilesat on the 2.4 dish with the LNB that i took there.

now on finishing the JOB, the guy asked what his bill was and i told him 4k for the LNB and 3k for being in the SUN. guess what? he told me he would give me 2k now and then the balance 5k into my account next week. i said not to worry, that he should just pay the whole 7k into my account next week., it's been almost 3 months and he has called me twice to tell that "my money is safe" that he has been unable to pay it because he's had some problems raising it!! the fact that was conveniently left out just as i arrived to work on his dish.

my advice is this,  if your are really trying hard to get a service for free.  Try look elsewhere, cause guys on this thread need money too.

in addition,

if it's a case of simple factory reset. you can as well guide the person on the phone. u really do not need a guru. My Grouse with you is coming here and dropping the story like that, you should have called him yourself to talk about how he can be of help. coming here and telling it like that is really, really wrong!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2010
olofofo:

@Excuzeme

what is wrong with someone asking for 10k to hammer a nail in the wall? it's for you to say no and not to come to the thread to try and assassinate the person's character. what rubbish! a lot of people on this thread are always looking for freebies, even when such services are professional services?

it's one thing to give free advice on the phone, but it's another to come down to your place and do you a service. absolutely nothing wrong in charging whatever fee upfront.

here's my story,

George gave a guy my number on this thread and he has a problem with his 2.4 motorized!. so i go there to see what the problem is and i told him his LNB will not work. i told him that i was busy and i will try to find a time to come back to help him fix his problem. now he keeps calling and when i finally had the time to go there, i took a  LNB along with me. the Sun was scorching but we were able to successfully help in nailing nilesat on the 2.4 dish with the LNB that i took there.

now on finishing the JOB, the guy asked what his bill was and i told him 4k for the LNB and 3k for being in the SUN. guess what? he told me he would give me 2k now and then the balance 5k into my account next week. i said not to worry, that he should just pay the whole 7k into my account next week., it's been almost 3 months and he has called me twice to tell that "my money is safe" that he has been unable to pay it because he's had some problems raising it!! the fact that was conveniently left out just as i arrived to work on his dish.

my advice is this,  if your are really trying hard to get a service for free.  Try look elsewhere, cause guys on this thread need money too.

in addition,

if it's a case of simple factory reset. you can as well guide the person on the phone. u really do not need a guru. My Grouse with you is coming here and dropping the story like that, you should have called him yourself to talk about how he can be of help. coming here and telling it like that is really, really wrong!

You guyz have said it all, nothing to say again, its very difficult helping newbie on this forum,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by oluwolekes: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2010
please how can i get software to upgrade my decoder 4669x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zenus(m): 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
oluwolekes:

please how can i get software to upgrade my decoder 4669x
twinskenny:

You guyz have said it all, nothing to say again, its very difficult helping newbie on this forum,

Oga. I don't think that's what Olufofo was refering to.
Three days ago a guy called me to come and help him fix his dstv. But on getting there i discover that i'm going to do 3phase of work.
From carpentry to electrician and name it.
To make it worst, you need to claim a tall ladder to fit de nail on a very heard concrete wall under hot sun of about 38 degree.

I just reject de offer even with 4k
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lastpage: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2010
Excuzeme,
if you are who l think you are, l will come to your area on Tuesday and help you rectify the situation AT NO COST.
Let me know by Monday if you have not corrected the problem.

I understand how you feel and l think you should just understand that we are all different.
Some will do it for free, others would charge a fee, though it should be reasonable.
We all benefit from each other as Samma has said and thats the whole idea behind a forum.

Merry Christmas to all on the forum. Happy Birthdy to Oga Badaru.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2010
Wishing everybody a happy Xmas and a prosperous NewYear.
Mr Badaru,  A Special one for you, learnt its your Birthday Anniversary! Well, let the party begin ;

Thanks Lastage
, l would let you know, as offered, by Monday.

@Sammu
@ TWINSKENNY AND EXCUSEME, PLS AND PLS LETS PUT THIS BEHIND US AND MOVE ON, WE ALL ARE BROTHERS ON THIS FORUM. WE SURE WILL NEED EACH OTHER FROM TIME TO TIME.
Thanks for your intervention. I have put the matter behind me BUT it seems Twinskenny would not let the matter rest with his little snippets of "Newbie" here and there. This wrongful accusation of "character assassination" is even annoying! Like he did not ask for #5,000?

@olofofo
what is wrong with someone asking for 10k to hammer a nail in the wall?
Nothing is wrong but let me ask you: How many times have you paid #10,000 for hammering one nail on your wall?
it's for you to say no and not to come to the thread to try and assassinate the person's character. what rubbish! a lot of people on this thread are always looking for freebies, even when such services are professional services?
Are you trying to "inject" yourself into this palaver? I dont want to take it up with you but using such foul language with me, without any prior provocation (even if you just want to take sides) is unnecessary.
I understand when "same specimen" conglomerate to the same proximity!
I ASKED FOR HELP openly on this open forum.
Twinskenny OFFERED TO HELP on this forum. If he told me he was a "professional installer", l would understand that it is where he earns a living!
Why has it now become "character assassination" if l report what transpired concerning the same HELP, on the forum?
In case you missed it, "Character assassination" is when you say something that is not true about someone: Did l lie against him that he asked for #5,000 or where is it that l assassinated his character?
If you want to "gang-up", l can understand that but l am trying to be civil and put he issue behind me, as good people have suggested.

if you take your time to read my first post where l asked for help, directed to ALL MEMBERS of the forum, l explained "the why, the where" the problem was and did not hide anything or give the impression l want paid service!
All the "HELP" we get on this forum can as well be got elsewhere, [color=Black]for a fee but we all come together to share and get it for free! Including you and him!![/color]
Twinskenny even used the word "HELP" in his offer to solve the problem  or when did "HELP and PAID SERVICE" become the same thing? Please stop twisting logic on its head, what is bad, is bad!

here's my story,

George gave a guy my number on this thread and he has a problem with his 2.4 motorized!. so i go there to see what the problem is and i told him his LNB will not work. i told him that i was busy and i will try to find a time to come back to help him fix his problem. now he keeps calling and when i finally had the time to go there, i took a  LNB along with me. the Sun was scorching but we were able to successfully help in nailing nilesat on the 2.4 dish with the LNB that i took there.

my advice is this,  if your are really trying hard to get a service for free.  Try look elsewhere, cause guys on this thread need money too.
This your "Cock and Bull story" has nothing to do and bears no semblance with what is at play here.
Moreover, "if guys on this thread need money as you put it and think this is where to make the money" then "thank you's and appreciation" for assisting others wont be the order of the day!
Even 'you' have asked people for help and "thanked them" for it, not PAID them! Why should l expect to be treated differently?
I understand if this is where some of you earn a living but please come out openly that you're in it for the money, that it is your "professional career", like my friend Twinkenny.
That is not a crime, its the "PRETENSE" that is nauseating! Its wrong to think its an opportunity to exploit an unfortunate situation or person!

if it's a case of simple factory reset. you can as well guide the person on the phone. u really do not need a guru. My Grouse with you is coming here and dropping the story like that,  you should have called him yourself to talk about how he can be of help. coming here and telling it like that is really, really wrong!

Go back and read his response! He spoke with my cousin's WIFE.
The woman does not know anything about Satellite or technical issues. She could actually do more harm than good; thats why l wanted someone with some experience to "stand-in" for me.
PLEASE,l have taken-in your "ADVICE", let it rest there, please

Anyway, its this kind of situation that allows one to see beyond the "surface" concerning people's inner personality.
We are different people. I have gone to a few people's house on this forum, to assist them with one issue or the other (l wont mention their handles here because that is what "confidentiality" is all about) and they thanked me openly here-in, for it.
Others have helped me too, when l was a Newbie, a few years back and still do. 
I appreciate it if "some" think they have to make money off others, where they themselves have received for free, before now.
Its human nature.
I dont want to create more "enemies" out of this issue. I will soon be back to Lagos and guess what? there would be no making money off me grin wink

I thank everyone that has put-in a word or two. Even more, l thank Lastpage who has offered to HELP for FREE
In the Spirit of Christmas/NewYear, let us bury and forget this tirade.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2010
thunderstorm is about to be unleash from the skies!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see it coming, even if this should be the last for the year, yipeeeee!!!!!!

olofofo:

@Excuzeme

am i seeing right with the above quote?? Olofofo himself, hmmm new things are definitely happening.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2010
Jesu kristi ogaaa o. i thought guys used to help freely in the past? I'm i wrong? some guys have offered help freely without charging a kobo this strange

Is there any forum member staying in surulere&environ? my nilesat in aguda is given little challenge. It keeps shifting after small wind I'm thinking of having it permanently fastened rather than re-aligning almost every 2wks. will anyone be chanced on Monday 28th and also depending on proximity?. pls its not force&i may or may not give whatever, but of course I'm cable of even paying 5000k(after all its not installation I'm about to do, just to share knowledge from experienced guys cos me sef don old here too lol) but sometimes i get pissed off with some pples act of love money of not wanting to accede to favour
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Excuzeme

I can clearly see that you are a wordsmith from the way you keep quoting and unquoting. no need pointing out anything to you, but  if someone asked you for money for something you expected for free next time, have the decency to call the person on the phone first and ask why? or just simply say No. there's really no need rushing over here with a million words on how people try to charge you for something you wanted done for free ,ts not cool at all. not cool.  

I rest my case too.

@enitan

Please do not make me start with you. it will not end well.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
@olofofo

@Excuzeme

I can clearly see that you are a wordsmith from the way you keep quoting and unquoting. no need going pointing out anything to you, but  if someone asked you for money for something you expected for free next time, have the decency to call the person on the phone first and ask why? or just simply say No. there's really no need rushing over here with a million words on how people try to charge you for something you wanted done for free is not cool at all. not cool. 

I rest my case too.
Olofofo,
What have l done for you?
How have l wronged you? Is there anything l did for you in the past that its payback time?
First you insult me by calling me RUBBISH, now you call me "WORDSMITH"?

I am trying to forget this episode but you and your Otinmkpu keeps bringing it up again?
Cant we have a little love for the sake of Christi-Jesu?  Haaba, on CHRISTMAS day

Why are you even "crying more than the bereaved"?
If you see the TRUTH in black and white and you still want to accuse me of "Character Assassination", is it not right that l draw your attention to it by "quoting it" verbatim!

Aaaah, humans-beings are strange creatures o! shocked shocked

What else am l supposed to do NOW?

Okay, I APOLOGIZE TO YOU AND TWINSKENNY FOR BEING RUDE AND EXPECTING FREEBIE.

I hope that after these undeserved apology, you guys would stop 'ganging-up' against a poor man like me? grin

Even to quote a comment has become an offense! I hope Seun, (owner of Nairaland) will remove the
quote button  grin
and charge all of us for using this site!
Cow wey no get tail, na God dey HELP am wink wink

Thanks very much and have a blessed Xmas.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Excuzeme

wordsmith, as in a journalist, someone that probably writes for a living,

anyways, No hard feelings. let's us all stay as one. Lucky for you someone has volunteered to help. I sincerely hope it's not more than a case of a factory reset. i suspect you might have to realign your dish or ultimately change your LNB. goodlcuk.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Adex70(m): 5:40pm On Dec 25, 2010
@olofofo iam realy ashame to see u judging my issue with excuseme, it is true that u help me out on my nilesat and i have not pay u your due, but it is not an intentional done i told u that i have a little problem thanks God it will be over know and ur money will be sent to u.we will still see each other for there is many things we shall do to gether pls.it is not easy 4 u to believe but ur cash will be ready soon.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2010
Adex70:

@olofofo iam realy ashame to see u judging my issue with excuseme, it is true that u help me out on my nilesat and i have not pay u your due, but it is not an intentional done i told u that i have a little problem thanks God it will be over know and your money will be sent to u.we will still see each other for there is many things we shall do to gether pls.it is not easy 4 u to believe but your cash will be ready soon.

hmmmmm. i did not mention any names, why will you come and expose urself llike this?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yemoxtra(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2010
After all said and spoken we are still one f.t.a 4 ever.

This Tv 5 afrique on sirius/Astra 4a now has teletext at last just like the 1 on Nss7 @ 22west. for soccer lovers just press 200 and above on your remote set dats after pressing d teletext button.

@all Merry xmas and have a great new year ahead, no fighten pipo i mean no fighten
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2010
@olofofo

can u forget this guyz they are the same all over, its difficult rendering help this day trust me . some of them dont know ther right from left. not his fault anyway.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2010
twinskenny
na wa for you.stop the name calling & sheathe your swords. make this matter die abeg.
@olofofo
on the lighter mood,hope say you no go ask for my 'wife' if i ask you make you come install my nilesat for me under the 'sun' o?
cheers to everyone
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by IRAPADA(m): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
Pls guys 4get dis free service issue and let conti our life.Any who requ services of profnal wil ve to pay of it in al field
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by IRAPADA(m): 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2010
Pls guys 4get dis free service issue and let conti our life.Any who requ services of profnal wil ve to pay for it in al field
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2010
olofofo ooo,
My case wont end well, can someone pls tell me am seeing rightly I know even for the worse case you cant physically abuse me, dont tell me you're a bully, i'll definitely make a report to UNICEF for threatening a kid like me. See, truth is you cant silence my conscience, cos its a talkative, by the way merry xmas to you.

Adex, no wahala, all is well.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2010
Thank u all for the birthday wishes.

@All

The controversy raging on the forum concerning wether a the service rendered by twinskenny should be free or not should not arise in the first place if the relationship is defined.

Even though I instal,I still pay money to installers to assist when am busy or tired. The issue of wether the job is just to do factory reset does not arise. Twinskenny must have tried alot of possiblities b4 arriving at that solution. In instalation what will take u 5minutes can also take u one day. Infinity that takes me 5 minute took me 6 hours last month some where.

Even if the person is close to u,u need to give him transport after installation
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
baba ooo, seeing yur post alone without going thru it first, i've made a decision to queue solidly behind you irrespective of the decision or analysis u make. I know as for me ooo, if i cant afford to pay in cash, i'll definitely pay in kind, lol.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ekonibaje(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2010
@badaru1 ,happy birthday,hope ur company is updating ur profile as u are gettg older, i need to express my appreciation, 2 free to air crew,mostly enitan,george d,twinkenny,olofofo, 4 all ur effort in making sure dat dis thread is growing day by day, der are lot of up and down, so wishing every member happy hurting, wishing all sattelite tv crew on nairaland happy xmas, seen guys next year by God grace,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2010
@all,
We're supposed to be celebrating CHRISTMAS, a time of peace and goodwill to all men.

Please lets not snarl at one another for things that don't worth it.

My 2 cents!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by larryenob(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2010
@all
this is the spirit of friendship, we query we make peace yet we appreciate one another
MERRY XMASS TO U
@BADARU HAPPY BDAY MANY MORE YEAR AHEAD BRO
f.t.a. 4ever
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
borderline:

@olofofo
on the lighter mood,hope say you no go ask for my 'wife' if i ask you make you come install my nilesat for me under the 'sun' o?
cheers to everyone

your wife plus her sister!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ all people involve in this issue of free or no free services should pls sheathe their swords and let this matter rest.their is an adage that says if we don't forget about yesterday's words we won't have friends to play with.Excuzeme and twinskenny you guys should pls forget this issue and get along.i know you guys are all mature and i want you guys to forgive and forget.Oga George has spoken and i know he is one of the Elders of this forum.Other members of this forum should pls try not let this matter continue. MERRY XMAS AND A WONDERFULL NEW YEAR to all. VIVA FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
Enough of these .lets forgive and forget .

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.