Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436155 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
pofolo:

@ all,
really have missd d house.
Lost my younger sista to cancer on thursday
eeyah. Sorry.May Almighty God give you fortitude to bear the loss.A o ni ri iru e mo o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2010
Excuzeme:

@don401
Seeing that this is your 4th post, l think you should learn "forum manners" first before abusing your elders!
if you have a problem with reading comprehension, go and buy a "Brighter Grammar Textbook"  grin

As for Twinskenny, l have made peace "to" him!
We will meet in person one day, do a few backslapping and generally make-up like real men!
and post pictures for "Amebos" to cherish!
Boxing day was very active! wink wink

My heart goes out to "Pofolo", may God console you in his infinite mercy.
@Excuzeme. Enough is enough.Enough of your jokes.It is refreshing and entertaining,but lets go back to the main business. @all.any news on crtv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 12:20am On Dec 27, 2010
^^^^^^ and who are YOU?
Police or Class Capitan? grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 12:26am On Dec 27, 2010
Now, BACK to FTA BUSINESS! lipsrsealed

My Cousin's 4669x is UP but not picking channels.
Any suggestions?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 4:20am On Dec 27, 2010
@pofolo

sorry to hear about your sis. Praying she's in a better place, with lots of free channels.

@Excuzeme

check dish and LNB like i mentioned before.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by arsenal1(m): 7:42am On Dec 27, 2010
@Excuzeme is it not picking up channels or signal @pfolo accept my sympathy, GOD knows all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by don401(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2010
@excuseme(excuse me) i ve been on this thread since season1. I ve only 4 post b/c al d questions i need to ask has already been treated,But newbies lyk u keep on repeatin questions. U ar smart u can write, which shows dat u re intelligent yet u lose 5,000. Once again: find a place 2 use ur writin talent. PLEASE STOP CRYIN FOR UR LOSS.(if u lose 5m i wonder wat will happen. Go & check urself cuz u sound mentally ill, ask urself where is all dis grammer comin 4rm)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2010
@Pfolo
sorry for the lost of your sister,may her soul rest in peace.

@All

I know a lot of people have issue strong warning in the past concerning purchase of provider decoders. I dont know why people will go for infinity and co decoders,when strong is just 13 to 14k. If you are buying infinity for infinity alone no wahala.,but for free to air bases,is not good. Upon all these advise,people will go ahead and buy and come to the forum looking for software. Daarsat is enough a lesson
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2010
badaru1:

@Pfolo
sorry for the lost of your sister,may her soul rest in peace.

@All

I know a lot of people have issue strong warning in the past concerning purchase of provider decoders. I dont know why people will go for infinity and co decoders,when strong is just 13 to 14k. If you are buying infinity for infinity alone no wahala.,but for free to air bases,is not good. Upon all these advise,people will go ahead and buy and come to the forum looking for software. Daarsat is enough a lesson

To me strong is still the best out ther, easy to patch and upgrade!!!and is not that expensive.

@pofolo sorry for your lost
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2010
will think twice before buying the 4900 and 4910 though. a lot of complaints from people using cccam on it, it tends to overheat and freeze.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2010
olofofo:

will think twice before buying the 4900 and 4910 though. a lot of complaints from people using cccam on it, it tends to overheat and freeze.

guess thats a general problem especially with 4900hd guess is hardware problem as well.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by niddle9(m): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2010
@Pofolo
believe me, we enjoy warmth because we
have been cold.
We appreciate light because we
have been in darkness.
By the same token,
we can experience joy because
we have known sadness.
May Allah put her soul in a joyful place. Welcome back to the FTAHOOD.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2010
@pofolo
may the days be far from each other. accept my sympathy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yemoxtra(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2010
@ pofolo sorry oh kai life sef, pipo come pipo go thats why its called a market place.
Accept my sympathy sir.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Stevolat: 10:34am On Dec 27, 2010
Pls end dis game & give us latest on fta. Fta 4 life
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2010
twinskenny:

guess thats a general problem especially with 4900hd guess is hardware problem as well.

I just acquired Strong 4930. It is HD but not has no terrestrial capabilities but good for CS. So far there is no problem. I will keep monitoring it and will update the house on her performance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2010

I just acquired Strong 4930. It is HD but not has no terrestrial capabilities but good for CS. So far there is no problem. I will keep monitoring it and will update the house on her performance.
Hi Salamander,
That's nice to hear,you know i also had all those problems but after working on my board a little,it all went away.I have not tried my CS since i did all those tweaking but i'm sure it will work out fine.What i noticed was that with these range of receivers,there seems to be a problems at the production line.You have to make sure some key components are well soldered.Just a simple IC not well placed will cause you so much headaches.Well i'm happy with mine now and i hope it still performs for me just the way it doing at the moment.Sathob,my greetings to you my brother.I'm just sad i couldn't help you save some money on your receiver.I would have fix it just like that.Anyway,a Merry Christmas to you all and a very exciting and fulfilling New Year.We shall still learn more.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by alancruise(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2010
@pofolo,
pls accept my sympathy, may the Good God continue to keep us all.It's such a colossal loss.
@all,
a many happiness in the coming year in advance. One love
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
@swordswifter

soldering and re soldering and it still heats up. i have a 4900 and a 4910 with the same problem. I have had to order some USB FANS to cool them down while they work.

@salamander

the problems seems to start when u start to use it extensively for card sharing which is basically what i did. even strong themselves know about the problem. simply putting a cooling fan in the device form the factory level might just solve the problem.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
@olofofo: Thanks Bro, l could do as you say but l am a long way from Lagos right now!
Arsenal1: Are you a "Gunners 4 Life"? If that be the case, l am shitting in my pants right now! Seems Drogba may ruin the day for us except Nasri and Fabulous Fabregas are able to do some magic! Our backline is most suspect.
Thanks for your suggestion, The Box shows "red" in the signal area. if the issue is not resolved before my return, l would pull everything down as suggested by Olofofo, change the LNB and start from scratch. I will try Twinskenny's suggestion first by doing an STB reset (He's my guy anyday)
I appreciate all of'ya.

@don401
@excuseme(excuse me) i ve been on this thread since season1. I ve only 4 post b/c al d questions i need to ask has already been treated,But newbies lyk u keep on repeatin questions. U ar smart u can write, which shows dat u re intelligent yet u lose 5,000. Once again: find a place 2 use your writin talent. PLEASE STOP CRYIN FOR your LOSS.(if u lose 5m i wonder wat will happen. Go & check urself cuz u sound mentally ill, ask urself where is all dis grammer comin 4rm)
Let me also thank you for your wonderful "observation" grin
And let me remind you that there was NO LOSS in anyway. Twinskenny never took a dime form me.
I hope we can move-on now, abi? tongue wink

Pray the new year has something wonderful for all of us.
Dear Pofolo, take heart; God gives and HE taketh. Live with the good memories you shared.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2010
@swordswifter

soldering and re soldering and it still heats up. i have a 4900 and a 4910 with the same problem. I have had to order some USB FANS to cool them down while they work.

@salamander

the problems seems to start when u start to use it extensively for card sharing which is basically what i did. even strong themselves know about the problem. simply putting a cooling fan in the device form the factory level might just solve the problem.
@olofofo,
I can see you really know this problem.It's funny though,if it were somewhere else(let's say Europe etc) all the models will be recalled and replaced with better models with no questions asked.With this our hot climate they only thought it better to put those fans in their Dual view decoders and PVR decoders with internal harddrives.This is the only time in over a decade since i used these receivers that they seem not to have lived up to expectations.I'll after your soldering and re-soldering(i.e. of the memory or SDRAMs) if it's still freezing,test your other components like the capacitors and the resistors.The circuit is so interrelated that if just one component starts to show signs of weakness,the receiver will start freezing.Take it from me,i've actually taken my time to study it.You should also not work it for over 24hrs straight or within your next 48hrs,the disease will rear its' ugly head.I hope we can share more thoughts on this in the future.Have a pleasant evening.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Excuzeme: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ooooh dear! cry cry

Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea

This surely makes ma day! grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by arsenal1(m): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2010
@ Excuzeme not only my day bt also my xmas. wao! our perfomance was magnificient'GUNNERS TILL I KPEME'
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2010
olofofo:

In additiom,if u need a receiver for cardsharing purpose,go for dreambox,if u dont have enough money go for other receivers like openbox,skybox hd,tlink600hd,xcruiser 400 hd,vu+,Az box etc. strong has some factory related problem in some of the 4900 and 4910 series. so for now stay away from them.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ainanimi: 12:33am On Dec 28, 2010
Hello all, i wish u all a merry xmas and a prosperous new year in advance. Can some1 pls update us on d latest gist about crtv. Also, I learn dat their is a new statn on w3 where we can watch champions league mathes aside 4rm mbc 3. If dis is true pls help me with d frequency wt d symbol rate. Thank u
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2010
this is my solution for the 4910 for now. USB fan taking power form the rear usb port.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2010
@olofofo
Thanks for the info. I wont wait until it starts cracking up. I will get the fan as soon as possible.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 9:04am On Dec 28, 2010
olofofo:

this is my solution for the 4910 for now. USB fan taking power form the rear usb port.

Nice one, great innovation, if this work you can as well email the strong guyz and tell them about this solution,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2010
Aac codec available for darsat decoder via flash programming. Interested user should get in touch via email only.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emeystan(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2010
@ olofofo, i'll be grateful if u can send the file to my box (unicaj4u@yahoo.com).
I have waited & searched for d format all over d net but to no avail.
Or u can stil drop it at d backyard. Thanks, viva fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2010
emeystan:

@ olofofo, i'll be grateful if u can send the file to my box (unicaj4u@yahoo.com).
I have waited & searched for d format all over d net but to no avail.
Or u can stil drop it at d backyard. Thanks, viva fta

backyarded!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
@All,Happy Festive Seasonal greetings to the house.May we conquer fta come 2011.Viva fta

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.