Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,656 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437860 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by captainus: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
those with hd receivers and on 1.8m and above jsc sports hd 1 is fta on arabsat 2b on 20 deg east cband
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ayosat(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2011
@ Ikefra. Thanks a lot, i'll look for it this week.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 12:43am On Jan 31, 2011
captainus:

those with hd receivers and on 1.8m and above jsc sports hd 1 is fta on arabsat 2b on 20 deg east cband

its also free on nilesat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 8:41am On Jan 31, 2011
@all

Egypt blocks Al-Jazeera transmissions, orders bureaus shut

New York, January 30, 2011--Nilesat, the satellite transmission company owned by the Egyptian Radio and Television Union and other government agencies, has stopped transmitting the signal of Al-Jazeera's primary channel, the station and others reported today. The Committee to Protect Journalists condemns the actions of Egyptian authorities to disrupt media coverage by Al-Jazeera and calls on them to reverse the decision immediately.

Shortly before 11 a.m., Al-Jazeera announced on the air that Anas al-Fiqi, information minister in the cabinet that was dismissed on Friday, had ordered the offices of all Al-Jazeera bureaus in Egypt shut down and the accreditation of all network journalists revoked. The official Middle East News Agency (MENA) reported that the order was to take effect on Sunday, and transmissions originating from Egypt ceased within an hour of the announcement. The discharged information minister ordered "the relevant government agencies to take the immediate legal measures necessary to revoke the licenses for live satellite transmission equipment (S.N.G.) and fiber optic cables or any other means of communication provided to Al-Jazeera," MENA reported.

"The shutting down of Al-Jazeera is a brazen violation of the fundamental right of Egyptians to receive information as their country is in turmoil," said Mohamed Abdel Dayem, CPJ Middle East and North Africa program coordinator. "The international community should prevail upon President Mubarak to lift this censorship immediately."

Today is the sixth day of massive street demonstrations in which citizens had been demanding political, social, and economic reforms, though demonstrators are now calling for the complete removal of Mubarak's three-decade-long regime. On Thursday, authorities suspended Internet and mobile phone service, according to news reports and mobile operators, in an effort to disrupt communications between protesters as well as transmission of news. On Saturday, mobile phone services were restored to a large degree, according to local journalists and press freedom advocates who spoke to CPJ.

Internet connectivity, a vital resource for local journalists and those reporting from Egypt to the rest of the world, continues to be almost non-existent in Egypt, with more than 90 percent of connections to the wider Internet shut down. CPJ research indicates that this is a deliberate, coordinated result of Egyptian government orders to local Internet service providers. CPJ urges the government to rescind any such directives and order the restoration of Egypt's connections with the outside world.

Both Al-Jazeera and Al-Jazeera English continued to report today on Egypt from other locations. CPJ research shows that viewers outside Egypt can now view the network's Arabic channel only on the Hotbird satellite or other satellites not controlled by Egyptian authorities. But at least two individuals in Egypt who spoke to the channel's anchor on air reported that they could not view the channel even on non-state satellites, an indication that authorities may be jamming those transmissions. As of 1 p.m. local time, Al-Jazeera English's broadcast remained on Nilesat. Al-Jazeera Mubasher, the network's live news channel, which had been transmitting live footage from Egypt's streets was taken off Nilesat on Thursday.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by leopower(m): 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2011
@badaru1, thk u very much I appreciate ur response. cheesy cheesy cheesy
@george D, u ar 1daful a brother. cool cool cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by geman(m): 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2011
Hi Nash,
Appreciation for all your efforts.
I am geman based in Kampala, Uganda.

I must apologize for not responding to the topical issue, however, I need your input on challenge.
I have moved around in Kampala looking for shops with Satellite equipment like big dishes(2.4m and above), serious LNBs like Fuji, Inverto and Invacom, Receivers of MPEG4 format etc but can't seem to find any. I am tempted to think that Nairobi and Mombasa could be having shops that sell such equipment since lots of equipment that come to Ug among other few routes, come through Kenya. Could you please give me some info on these shops particularly their contacts?

For your own information, I am interested in getting a Solid 2.4m Pole mount motorized dish, a very good LNB preferably Fuji or Inverto Ultra Black quad and an MPEG-4 Receiver/ decoder. I want to track Badr6 (26East) for fox series and Fox movies and then Nilesat (7East).
Your advice on this will also be treated with the utmost regard.

Many thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Ikiriye.My company fabricates anything from 3.6m to 9.0m. Lets have a chat.08036166686
Ikiriye:

plz can someone give me info on how to get a 3.2m pan dish and possible cost.very good local construction or foreign.plz treat as urgent.hola me on 08037093910.thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Ilish.I could not find eTV on the package on Galaxy 11.I could only receive the following FTA channels: Ango TV,UAU! TV Promo-11035H sr 22498 @71% SQ.Learn,Traffic Channel,Health-10963V sr 14999 @45% SQ.The rest are $$$$$$$$$$.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olayinkaoj(m): 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2011
What is the position of this Galaxy11? I checked on www.lyngsat.com but there was no TP listed there, although they mention it's on 32.8E and 91W. Please, where exactly do u focus to pin channels on galaxy
blexxonmak:

@Ilish.I could not find eTV on the package on Galaxy 11.I could only receive the following FTA channels: Ango TV,UAU! TV Promo-11035H sr 22498 @71% SQ.Learn,Traffic Channel,Health-10963V sr 14999 @45% SQ.The rest are $$$$$$$$$$.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by titipexy: 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2011
@blexxonmak, can i track those with 1.8m solid dish at minna, niger state?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Titipexy. I doubt it.The footprint is closer to to those in the south-east. You may check : www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475178.2272.html
titipexy:

@blexxonmak, can i track those with 1.8m solid dish at minna, niger state?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Olayinkaoj.Galaxy11 is @32.8E-about 21 clicks below Arabsat 5A if you are using a motorized set up.
Olayinkaoj:

What is the position of this Galaxy11?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
all new satellite at 50e turksat c-band freq 3972 h 3332 .text transmiting now.does on solid dish shd try 11844 v 27500.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2011
blexxonmak:

try this tp 10990 h 10050.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
l mean there is new satellite text transmiting at 50e turksat c-band freq 3972 h 3332 and on solid dish at 50e ku-band freq 11844 v 27500.l.m getting more email and text l hope l,m clear with this one.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
sorry sorry to all the satellite name is intelsat 26 c/ku band.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:13pm On Jan 31, 2011
satellite name is 50e intelsat 26 c/ku-band.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by leopower(m): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2011
gud day all,pls i need asistance on how to connect 5 lnbf to my decoder. what I want know is, is there any diseq switch that have more than 4 inlet for lnbf. thks in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2011
@leopower,
Yes, there are 8 - way diseqc switches but they're not common. You can still use 2 four way diseqc switches instead in case you find it hard to get one single 8 way. This topic was discussed way back in season 1 of this thread. To help you, here are some of the configurations you can use with your ordinary diseqc:

Originally posted by NASH-FTA:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2011
George d only you na bros, oga, master. Teacher, infact mouth no fit talk am thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by warrendam(m): 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
Hi Guyz,
I am very impressed with the knowledge you have and the fact that you go ahead and share it with us. Thumbs up to ya'all.

Brother George D, I have a Technosat T-888 plus receiver, which is certainly DVB-S, is it possible to upgrade it with software such that I can receive signals coming in DVB-S2 MPEG-4 format?

If it is not possible could you please advise me on a not so expensive Receiver that is HD and can receive all the formats of the signals (I mean, DVB-S, S2, MPEG-2, MPEG-4)

Otherwise, if this was already discussed before, please pardon me.

Will appreciate your response.

Many thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2011
@warrendam,
Converting from DVB-S and DVB-S2 is a hardware issue. It's not simply by installing software so you see its not that straightforward. You may need to get another decoder which is mpeg4.

For an inexpensive HD decoder, you may consider buying a humax brand. Contact badaru one of our esteemed members here or best still visit the FTA Equipment thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373935.320.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by leopower(m): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
@george D, u are epitum of knowledge, words alone cannot explain your worth, may God bless u with more wisdom. thk u. I will like to have ur email if u dnt mind, mine is abiodun_eko@yahoo.com smiley wink kiss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Blexxomark,Congrats for nailing Intel 802.Try that frequency that Rextab has given you.Go on and nail etv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 11:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
leopower:

gud day all,pls i need asistance on how to connect 5 lnbf to my decoder. what I want know is, is there any diseq switch that have more than 4 inlet for lnbf. thks in anticipation.
There are 8-way diSEqc available in sabon gari, kano. i bought two 8-way Diseqc switches in December when i went to kano.

if u know any one in kano to help u purchase, contact the person. i'll check my receipt & give u their number & i will post the pix later.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2011
Love 2 see pictures of ur's
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by geman(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2011
Hello George D,
Thanks a bunch for your info, I'll use it profitably.

I appreciate.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2011
leopower:

@george D, u are epitum of knowledge, words alone cannot explain your worth, may God bless u with more wisdom. thk u. I will like to have your email if u dnt mind, mine is abiodun_eko@yahoo.com smiley wink kiss

@leopower,
As requested, you got mail!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2011
@geman,
Your welcome!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by geman(m): 9:55am On Feb 02, 2011
George_D:

@warrendam,
Converting from DVB-S and DVB-S2 is a hardware issue. It's not simply by installing software so you see its not that straightforward. You may need to get another decoder which is mpeg4.

For an inexpensive HD decoder, you may consider buying a humax brand. Contact badaru one of our esteemed members here or best still visit the FTA Equipment thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373935.320.html

Hello George D,
Thanks a bunch for your info, I'll use it profitably.

I appreciate
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2011
Ilish:

@Blexxomark,Congrats for nailing Intel 802.Try that frequency that Rextab has given you.Go on and nail etv.

Please, can someone give the position of this Intel 802 and the frequencies available to Nigerians? I have tried on my own to google it and search for it on www.lyngsat.com but I could not make any way on it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olawale86(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ all,  plz don't be annoyed if u hv talk about this issue before  plz how can i split  3ways rs232 cable with 3 srt4663x  , the one i do one will stay while the other 2 we be stoping for thereself plz help ,learn me am ready to pay Mylife4real08@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.