Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437568 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ohikhena(m): 7:10am On Feb 05, 2011
@ Gadotor,

Sorry 4 d mixup in the spelling of ur name.have a great day bro
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
TOWNJUJU:

tanks men, but how much does he charge to revive a dead decoder or change that U6 ic? so i don't fall mugu,

well between 2.5k -3.5k pending on the kind of fault your box have.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2011
Gtv on Astra 2B now on 12551v 19.512
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2011
Gtv on Astra 2B now on 12551v 19.512
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2011
it has been there since last year.almost 5mouths now.nothing new.and you shd know that there are not part of multi tv channels.there just happen to have the same satellite provider .don,t let the freq mess you up.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2011
@gadotor

NO, GTV just come back on that tp.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2011
MY BROTHER IT HAS BEEN SO FOR 5 MOUTH NOW.THE INFOR FROM MULTI TV IS THAT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE SATELLITE PROVIDER.YOU CAN CALL THEM.GTV HAS TWO FREQ ON ASTRA 2B AND DON,T BE CONFUSED BY IT.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2011
segunfms:

@gadotor

NO, GTV just come back on that tp.
No mr segun gadotor is right.

gadotor:

MY BROTHERĀ  IT HAS BEEN SO FOR 5 MOUTH NOW.THE INFOR FROM MULTI TV IS THAT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE SATELLITE PROVIDER.YOU CAN CALL THEM.GTV HAS TWO FREQ ON ASTRA 2B AND DON,T BE CONFUSED BY IT.THANK YOU
thanks Bro but could you please stop writing in capital letters unless its absolutely necessary? b'cos writing in capital is regarded as shouting.
once again thanks for the info.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2011
ohikhena:

@life 707,

I was wondering wat happened to u.yaya ka ke?yaya kd?
Really liked the way u answered gadators question.keep it up man.

@ Gadator and just like Osef said u have to motorise to really feel the these 2 birds lots of goodies on both if u get the drift. grin grin grin

Am cool,i read thru daily. Kd ya na nan lafiya. barka!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:35am On Feb 06, 2011
my people my dish is already motorized but my problem is that i,m using 2.4 mesh dish.thereby i,m unable to nile nilesat and hotbird.i will get a new dish soon to get the best of them.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spy005: 5:35am On Feb 06, 2011
@life 707. brother can i have your telephone no , so to discuss some little problems with you. i need your assistance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2011
Alot people has been asking me what is the different between srt 4669x and srt 4669xii.l want put the different accross now.The different is that srt 4669x is DVB-MPEG4 WHILE SRT 4669XII IS DVB-S/S2 MPEG 2/4 COMPLIANCE.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2011
Hmmm? grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by softy(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2011
thanking you for the clarification.

WHich is far bertter and how much can I get that 4669xII.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by softy(m): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2011
thanking you for the clarification.

Which is more better and how much can I get that 4669xII.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emeystan(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2011
Srt 4669xZ the new mpeg4 decoder with lan port. Saw it @ sobis store in alaba int. Mkt, d price is 14,500
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 1:29pm On Feb 06, 2011
What is the function of the LAN port?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2011
l have seen now people has fabricated 90cm dish to received autuator to motorized it to received almost all the ku band.so now the will not be the need to add many small dish on you house top.l post the the picture as time go on.my pic format does not meet our forum format.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2011
emeystan:

Srt 4669xZ the new mpeg4 decoder with lan port. Saw it @ sobis store in alaba int. Mkt, d price is 14,500

@emeystan,

Could you upload the picture of this box? thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by omokoaustine(m): 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
emeystan:

this receiver is not among strong receivers in their site, so who is manufacturer of that receiver 4669xz?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emeystan(m): 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2011
go to alaba market, visit shop 270b sobis communication. Ask for the decoder & its features.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by omokoaustine(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
please help what is minimum dish size for 2m national i stay in abraka delta state. Secondly, any clue 4 ngb1
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
emeystan:

go to alaba market, visit shop 270b sobis communication. Ask for the decoder & its features.

Are truly sure its from strong . . .because i just checked their site now and nothing like that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by omokoaustine(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2011
emey are u with one already if so tru more on features
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emeystan(m): 7:32pm On Feb 06, 2011
I also checked their site but could not see it there. @all, If by chance u visit alaba, go to sobis and enquire. Viva fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2011
I saw the software at wkid but i did't know it's sold in this part of the world. I'm sure it's from strong even tho it's not on their website yet. Let's wait and see.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2011
spy005:

@life 707. brother can i have your telephone no , so to discuss some little problems with you. i need your assistance.

Pls lets chat via mail- life707@rocketmail.com. tanx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olsojay(m): 5:15am On Feb 07, 2011
intelat 1r 50 degre west Ait news and perlimentary and ait entertainment is now added
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ugasat(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2011
Hi Nash,
Appreciation for all your efforts.
I am geman based in Kampala, Uganda.
I must apologize for not responding to the topical issue, however, I need your input on challenge.
I have moved around in Kampala looking for shops with Satellite equipment like big dishes(2.4m and above), serious LNBs like Fuji, Inverto and Invacom, Receivers of MPEG4 format etc but can't seem to find any. I am tempted to think that Nairobi and Mombasa could be having shops that sell such equipment since lots of equipment that come to Ug among other few routes, come through Kenya. Could you please give me some info on these shops particularly their contacts?
For your own information, I am interested in getting a Solid 2.4m Pole mount motorized dish, a very good LNB preferably Fuji or Inverto Ultra Black quad and an MPEG-4 Receiver/ decoder. I want to track Badr6 (26East) for fox series and Fox movies and then Nilesat (7East).
Your advice on this will also be treated with the utmost regard.
Many thanks.

@geman
I was stationed in Kampala for 4 years up to mid 2010 but I now live in Canada. I am surprised that you cannot find satellite equipment as you mentioned. I have a feeling that you have just been sleeping and enjoying the good weather (and beatiful women !!). Kampala is a small organized city (unlike some places I know in ***) and you can do all your window shopping for the whole city in one day on foot or if you are lazy, by Boda Boda motor cycle. All the equipment you mentioned are available in serious satellite shops there. I had at least 10 different dishes ranging from 90cm to 12 ft all bought locally. Secondly it is not true that "--- equipment that come to Ug among other few routes, come through Kenya." Most satellite equipment are brought in from Dubai by air thru Entebbe which is in Uganda. Try reading the RDI forum (http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=36090&page=326) and you will see that they are many active members from that country and all of them within your reach. You can for example send a PM to post #4885 on page 326 and I am sure that you will be directed to the right shop. So Bwana Geman my advice is simple. Get off your arse and move around and you will find what you want (not the women !!).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by versace400(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2011
Pls someone with this questn,why is it that whenever i download any software 4rm d wizkid website,it writes invalid firmware on my decoder when try to upgrade with it and some people says they make use of d files from dis same website to upgrade their decoder sucesfuly? Pls take note that i have some other files in d flash am using and they works very fine so i dont think d problem is 4rm my flash
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2011
@versace files fro wizkid are zipped u need to unzip b4 use.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:42am On Feb 07, 2011
I finally erected my 3m fibre dish yesterday with the assistance of Mide2008 grin grin grin grin Oh my God, See how channels plenty for there. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Enough enjoyment. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.