Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436108 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

I finally erected my 3m fibre dish yesterday with the assistance of Mide2008 grin grin grin grin Oh my God, See how channels plenty for there. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Enough enjoyment. grin grin grin grin grin grin
give us d info. U don dey enjoy my brother levels don change.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
browncube:

give us d info. U don dey enjoy my brother levels don change.
Level don change my brother.I will give u info later.I wan sleep now,i never sleep since yesterday.Nilesat,Hotbird dont allow sleep o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2011
l want the channel you are getting on this two satellites.the technics and the lnb.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2011
Help a fellow fta brother. I tracked Badr6 26E but all scrambled.
Any solution pls. brightedomwonyi@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

I finally erected my 3m fibre dish yesterday with the assistance of Mide2008 grin grin grin grin Oh my God, See how channels plenty for there. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Enough enjoyment. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros give us updates especially on hotbird. I watch nilesat all the time but i've never seen the channels on hotbird.(haven't motorised my dish yet)
Can you list some of the major channels in Hotbird?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
greetings to all. i bought a signal splitter to split w4 signal but whenever i use the splitter for my new ds~v promo decoder it show only free channels but pay channels will say no signal. pls can someone help me out. thanks!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
@ ALL.
please nta still remains dodgy what can i do about it we really need the station now as election is aproaching
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2011
@Akere ls been three days now that you promise to come out with your foundings,are you still sleeping as you said.come out now.the lnd,dish size,freq used in tracking and tecknics involved.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
New channel on 2.8e RASCOM QAF1/C FREQ 3.973 V 2.741.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2011
New channel BBC ARABIC on 1w THOR 2,3/C FREQ 4025 V 7.324 thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2011
gadotor:

@Akere ls been three days now that you promise to come out with your foundings,are you still sleeping as you said.come out now.the lnd,dish size,freq used in tracking and tecknics involved.thank you
My wife just gave birth today.I'm busy running up and down.You know now I suppose welcome the baby. The gist we come later.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Tommry: 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
@ Twinskenny/@All

My old questions is if I could use a VIStar 2010A decoder and 1m oval Dish use by TITV- Trumpet Internet TV for FTA ?.

I just bought a Strong 4669 X II decoder and one 1m dish and I have ask an installer to install for me, but I have another 1.2m dish that I want to use for FTA also,  but I want to install that on my own by myself.

My questions in a not shell are as follow:

1. what satellite could a 1m dish be use for that could give me stations with movies, sport news and entertainment.
2. what satellite could I track or nail with my 1.2m plastic dish in Ibadan
3. Where in Ibadan or Lagos could I buy a Compass and a Digital satellite finder and what could be the price for d 2 devices.
4. If I want d best out of FTA what size of dish, decoder, LNB, cables should I use and what satellite have the most.

Thanks and God bless.  undecided
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
Tommry:

@ Twinskenny/@All

My old questions is if I could use a VIStar 2010A decoder and 1m oval Dish use by TITV- Trumpet Internet TV for FTA ?.

I just bought a Strong 4669 X II decoder and one 1m dish and I have ask an installer to install for me, but I have another 1.2m dish that I want to use for FTA also, but I want to install that on my own by myself.

My questions in a not shell are as follow:

1. what satellite could a 1m dish be use for that could give me stations with movies, sport news and entertainment.
2. what satellite could I track or nail with my 1.2m plastic dish in Ibadan
3. Where in Ibadan or Lagos could I buy a Compass and a Digital satellite finder and what could be the price for d 2 devices.
4. If I want d best out of FTA what size of dish, decoder, LNB, cables should I use and what satellite have the most.

Thanks and God bless. undecided

These are the list of the satelites recievable on a 1.2 m dish motorised:
telstar11N 37.5'W
NSS 7 22'w
Sirus/asta 4A 4'e
eutelsat w3a 7'e
badr 5 26'e
astra 2B 28.2'e
eutel w4/w7 36'e
intel 7/10 68.5'e

These are available on a motorised 90cm dish and upwards . I hope this helps
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emsky: 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2011
pls i want to know if i can use 90cm or 1m to nail down 2m,what is the frequency, my location is Calabar.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 5:53pm On Feb 08, 2011
emsky:

pls i want to know if i can use 90cm or 1m to nail down 2m,what is the frequency, my location is Calabar.
My south south brother why una no dey read thread/post wel b4 una dey ask question? Pls read back u will find ur answer there. Tankx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2011
emsky:

My south south brother why una no dey read thread/post wel b4 una dey ask question? Pls read back u will find ur answer there. Tankx
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olayinkaoj(m): 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2011
kinmen2004:

These are the list of the satelites recievable on a 1.2 m dish motorised:
telstar11N 37.5'W
NSS 7 22'w
Sirus/asta 4A 4'e
eutelsat w3a 7'e
badr 5 26'e
astra 2B 28.2'e
eutel w4/w7 36'e
intel 7/10 68.5'e

These are available on a motorised 90cm dish and upwards . I hope this helps

Please what are the channels on badr 5 26'E as mentioned here?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emsky: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2011
TOWNJUJU:

My south south brother why una no dey read thread/post wel b4 una dey ask question? Pls read back u will find your answer there. Tankx
, bros thanks 4ur advice,but it's better u answer my question or u give me the link straight.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emsky: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2011
@TOWNJUJU am asking because I've tried to nail 2m with 90cm but could not hit green,what could be the problem?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
emsky:

@TOWNJUJU am asking because I've tried to nail 2m with 90cm but could not hit green,what could be the problem?
u can nail the bird wit 90cm.
it needs patience and accuracy
the signal does not pump out immediately,
just like tv3 and tv Africa on nss7/C
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2011
Pls what is the position of Intelsat 802 from w7. I tried to track it with good 90cm dish from Benin City but couldnt nail it. Any special skill or Could 1m dish make any difference. No space to install bigger dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2011
U need a bigger dish, because the signal is not beamed in subsahara region.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2011
@info.fta There is no way you can succeed with that size of dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ellahdarrell(m): 7:49am On Feb 09, 2011
Wat is happenin wit the 17 free channels on eutelsat w7. I try yestaday it hit green but the channels did not come up. Plz help @ALL
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 9:17am On Feb 09, 2011
@All
i came across this satellite,though i dnt knw it.about 4 tp's hit green wit 92 percent quality.but cudnt scan.
Its above w7 and a bit to the right,wat satellite cud it be?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2011
Rextab:

@All
i came across this satellite,though i dnt knw it.about 4 tp's hit green wit 92 percent quality.but cudnt scan.

What are the channels you pick from this satellite and with what TP did you use in tracking the sat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by seunspice(m): 9:43am On Feb 09, 2011
Olayinkaoj:

Please what are the channels on badr 5 26'E as mentioned here?

What do I need to make my 1.2m plastic dish a motorized one and how much is it ?.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
Lov4sat:

What are the channels you pick from this satellite and with what TP did you use in tracking the sat
there r no chanels,caught by accident while trackin w7 the tp's thaT hit green cant scan so was wondrin the sat is?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Tommry: 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
@All,

1. If I want d best out of FTA in Ibadan what kind and size of dish, decoder, LNB & RF cable should I use ?.

2. What bird should I nail down to have the best of movie, local Yoruba film, news and sport.

3. Should I use the two dish (1M pan & 1.2M plastic) to nail 2 different bird or go for bigger one like 3M or 4M to get best of FTA channels

4. How much could a 3M or 4M dish goes for ?

I have already purchase a Strong 4669X II decoder for 15K, and I have a 1M and another 1.2M dish available for my use.

Regards to All
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
Rextab:

@All
@ Rextab i think de satelite u came across was astra 2b or badar 5
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
@Rextab,I did pick that bird last nite when I was nailing w2a (10.E) KU for MGM Portugal and Afro Music.The signal was strong but no channel came out.I thought it was BADR 4 but upon putting the 12303 frequency,no signal showed.Lets wait and see.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2011
@Rextab,I did pick that bird last nite when I was nailing w2a (10.E) KU for MGM Portugal and Afro Music.The signal was strong but no channel came out.I thought it was BADR 4 but upon putting the 12303 frequency,no signal showed.Lets wait and see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.