Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,563 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (437852 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ketigoi: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2011
life707:

There are 8-way diSEqc available in sabon gari, kano. i bought two 8-way Diseqc switches in December when i went to kano.

if u know any one in kano to help u purchase, contact the person. i'll check my receipt & give u their number & i will post the pix later.
@ George D,How will you configure such multiple Diseq where as the one with 8 has numbers of port1-8 where as this multiple diseq has port 1-4,how will you get port 5-8?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2011
@KETIGOI: Although you refereed your question to Master Georgeee, but I feel that the picture shown on the last page before this said it all as you can see here.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2011
l want to reply the mesh with aluminum plate in my dish.anyone with experience in this before.let me have some details and feeds.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ketigoi: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
Olayinkaoj:

@KETIGOI: Although you refereed your question to Master Georgeee, but I feel that the picture shown on the last page before this said it all as you can see here.
@ Olayinkaoj,
 I appreciate your reply,i will have to check the receiver with DiseqC  1.0,however what i do not know is,if i have 2 * 4 ports,how will i differentiate DiseqC 1 and 2 while assigning the ports to LNBs
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2011
l mean to replaced the mesh in my mesh dish by aluminium plate to make it solid dish.anyone with some experience in it shd gite me some details.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dodos(f): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ all See what i stumbled upon

The Advocate General of the European Court of Justice has put forward the view that it is against EU law to stop broadcasters across the continent from showing football matches using foreign decoder cards.

Juliane Kokott gave her thoughts to judges at the ECJ, who are expected to deliver their verdict on an issue that could have major ramifications on the Premier League and Sky later this year.

In a press release, the ECJ revealed: ''In the view of Advocate General Kokott, territorial exclusivity agreements relating to the transmission of football matches are contrary to European Union law. European Union law does not make it possible to prohibit the live transmission of Premier League football matches in pubs by means of foreign decoder cards.''

The Football Association Premier League Ltd (FAPL) is attempting to stop the practice by means of a judicial ruling, after a Hampshire pub owner, Karen Murphy, found a cheaper means of screening Premier League games by subscribing to a Greek broadcaster, NOVA.

The FAPL argues that such subscriptions are in breach of UK copyright law, as they do not screen games through an authorised broadcaster.

However, Kokott said: "The freedom to provide services is also in line with the Satellite and Cable Directive and with European competition law. Equally, neither does the Conditional Access Directive constitute a barrier to the use of foreign decoder cards."

While it may deliver a significant blow to those seeking exclusive rights in the UK, Kokott's opinion is "not binding on the Court of Justice" and the ECJ judges will now consider their own verdict in "complete independence".

Read for yourself on http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/875322/eu-court-blow-for-broadcasters-over-decoder-cards?cc=3888
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dodos(f): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ all

The Premier League has criticised legal advice which could allow pubs and clubs to screen its matches at any time.

The European Union's advocate general has said that a Portsmouth publican was entitled to show top-flight games decoded from a Greek satellite signal.

But the Premier League said such a policy would "damage the interests of broadcasters and viewers of Premier League football across the EU".

Sky Sports and ESPN hold the rights to live Premier League matches in the UK.

That means pubs, clubs and other public venues wishing to screen games have to pay a monthly subscription of approximately £5,000.

The European Court of Justice is there to enforce the law, not change it

Premier League statement

However, if advocate general Juliane Kokott's advice is upheld, subscribers would be free to use the cheapest decoder available to watch football matches even if it sidesteps exclusive national broadcasting agreements.

That could also mean football is broadcast between 1500 GMT and 1700 GMT on Saturdays which the Premier League says could have a detrimental affect on attendances across the country.

The Premier League receives nearly £2bn for the rights to screen English football's top flight but this ruling could affect that figure.

BSkyB has pumped billions of pounds into English football since the league was founded in 1992, with the money distributed to clubs allowing them to buy some of the top names in the world.

The satellite broadcaster makes about £200m annually in revenue from pubs and clubs, according to analysts at Jefferies Research.

They estimated an adverse ruling could have a £60-£70m impact.

The advocate general's advice comes after Portsmouth pub landlady Karen Murphy, fined for using Greek decoders, had argued the EU single market should let her use any European provider.

"The exclusivity agreement relating to transmission of football matches is contrary to European Union law," said Kokott in her opinion.

But the Premier League countered: "The European Court of Justice is there to enforce the law, not change it."

It added: "If her opinion were to be reflected in the ECJ's judgment, it would prevent rights holders across Europe from marketing their rights in a way which meets demand from broadcasters whose clear preference is to acquire, and pay for, exclusive rights within their own territory only and to use those rights to create services which satisfy the cultural preferences of their viewers within that territory."

The full court often, but not always, follows the advocate general's advice. A ruling is expected later in the year.

You can read it yourself too at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9386554.stm

Matter come grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
Pls any Guru in the house. I need a multi lnbf bracket to nail W7,W6 and Asta 2b on one Dish. Foreign or local. I want to reduce the number of dish in my roof b4 my Landlord render my apartment free2view. I reside in Benin City and I am willing to pay.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2011
my brother RCH i want you to send me plate man phone number by text.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2011
anyone with where to buy stargold fuji lnb in ghana and how much.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Tommry: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
@All.

Pls what bird can I nail by using formal TITV 90cm oval dish ?

Can I make use of formal TITV Decoder (DVB VIStar 2010A) for FTA?

And if I can What and what channel can it be used for ?

Regards

Tommry
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2011
Pls gurus help a brother out. I have 3decorders, srt 4669x it blinks and off when turned on. srt 4650x it shows - - - - standby when turned on, and srt 4653x just flashes - - - - and off when turned on. I have tried stb to stb transfer to no avail. I have also tried firmware download using a srt loader yet no way. the decorders was given to me by a friend. Pls guys any advice?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by atoje(m): 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
some1 shld pls help me on hw to use use srt 4669x11 decoder to conect to 2 to 3 tv so dat all of dem wil b watching d same tin. pls its very urgent
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
GADATOR i have a star gold fuji 4 ways if you are interested and ready to bear the cost of transport from Nigeria to Ghana am ready to help you out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olawale86(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2011
hello guyz in guru, plz help me out of this how to share card to 3 ways with rs232cable
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by arsenal1(m): 7:30am On Feb 04, 2011
@ TOWNJUJU Get a good technician 2 change the U6 of d two decoders (69&53) if u r closer to lagos cos owerri will b far
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2011
@arsenal1 how much to change d U6 at owerri cos im in PH & wat of d 50x? Tanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2011
@Leopower.Call me if you need 8-way switch/es.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 9:06am On Feb 04, 2011
@gadotor.It is very possible to convert your mesh dish antenna to solid. You should understand that most mesh dish antennas are C band dishes, in practice, because their sections are flat. In order to convert a mesh dish antenna to solid capable of fringe reception,you need to increase the number of ribs and rings in order to bring the profile very close to a true paraboloid.This is a highly technical procedure as it requires a lot of accurate calculations and ingenuity.But the truth is that it can be done and I have been doing this for quite sometime now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by captainus: 9:55am On Feb 04, 2011
@Gadotor
gadotor:

anyone with where to buy stargold fuji lnb in ghana and how much.thank you

You can get one at a shop called INTACT located at north Kaneshie ,Accra not far from St Theresa's School.It goes for about GHc60 to GHc 70.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Tommry: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ All,

Gd day, I post some questions on this blog and I can't see any help from all bros and guru in d house, these are vital questions to move me forward in my quest to install first dish of my life and nail a bird for the first time.

Pls @ all help help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Townjuju
If you live in PH take the boxes to Pyschiatric Road opposite Wingate Hotel there is a satellite equipment shop there. I think the guy can solve your problems as he has always done for me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by arsenal1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ townjuju 08032786188
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bodejohn(m): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
Olawale86:

hello guyz in guru, plz help me out of this how to share card to 3 ways with rs232cable

, hmm, guyz in the guru, lol
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2011
Tommry:

@ All,

Gd day, I post some questions on this blog and I can't see any help from all bros and guru in d house, these are vital questions to move me forward in my quest to install first dish of my life and nail a bird for the first time.

Pls @ all help help.

your question is not that clear,
do you have the materials on ground?

dish, decoder, lnbf, cable, f connectors, etc
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
Pls any Guru in the house. I need a multi lnbf bracket to nail W7,W6 and Asta 2b on one Dish. Foreign or local. I want to reduce the number of dish in my roof. I reside in Benin City and I am willing to pay.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2011
Pls any Guru in the house. I need a multi lnbf bracket to nail W7,W6 and Asta 2b on one Dish. Foreign or local. I want to reduce the number of dish in my roof. I reside in Benin City and I am willing to pay.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE INPORTANT CHANNELS ON NILESAT AND HOTBIRD IN ENGLISH THAT IS ENJOYABLE.SOMEONE TO GIVE ME SOME.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
Lov4sat:

@Townjuju
If you live in PH take the boxes to Pyschiatric Road opposite Wingate Hotel there is a satellite equipment shop there. I think the guy can solve your problems as he has always done for me.

tanks men, but how much does he charge to revive a dead decoder or change that U6 ic? so i don't fall mugu,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by life707: 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2011
gadotor:

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE INPORTANT CHANNELS ON NILESAT AND HOTBIRD IN ENGLISH  THAT IS ENJOYABLE.SOMEONE TO GIVE ME SOME.THANK YOU
NILESAT:

News                                   MOVIES                              Ent'mnt                        cartoon                                       Sports
1)CNN                                     1)Foxmovies                          1)fox series                       1)MBC3                                       1)JSC 1
2)BBC                                      2)dubai one                          2)KTV2                              2)Space power                            2)JSC 2
3)ALJAZEERA INT                     3)MBC2                                 3)DW TV                           3)spacetoon eng                         3)DUbai sport
4)PRESS TV                             4)MBC ACTION                       4)City7                                                                                 4)AD Sport
5)EURO NEWS                        5)MBC MAX                            5)MBC4                                                                                 5)kuwait sport+
6)Bloomberg                          6)MBC PERSIA                       6) Saudi tv2                                                                          6)arrydia
7)CCTV9                                7)AWAZ(no adverts)              7)TV5                                                                                   7)sharjah2
                                            coolTop movies                         coolfahion tv arabia                                                                coolNile sport
                                                                                           9)MTV Arabia                                                                      9)AD SPORT+
                                                                                         10) zee Aflam                                                                    10)Gear One
                                                                                                                                                                                 11)Dubai racing

HOTBIRD
All above & so on & so forth

i hope this helps share some light.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 5:08am On Feb 05, 2011
@INFO.FTA
then go for motorize setup i think it will take care of your worries and also give other options
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ohikhena(m): 7:07am On Feb 05, 2011
@life 707,

I was wondering wat happened to u.yaya ka ke?yaya kd?
Really liked the way u answered gadators question.keep it up man.

@ Gadator and just like Osef said u have to motorise to really feel the these 2 birds lots of goodies on both if u get the drift. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.