Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436080 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by seyekan(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2011
GOD bless you illish,swordswifter,gadotor 1oomillion times every second!, and for the rest wey still dey form na una sabi!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2011
Bassey,
You need to move your dish down if its presently tuned to multi-tv (astra 2B)
Also make sure its 1.8m and above.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BasseyJ(m): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2011
I thank every one for helping understand this better. God bless you all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by nearest(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
Lov4sat:

I nailed this bird yesternight at about 1145-1200Am with 14 channels and 1 feed and a signal level at 69and 73.
the bird position is either a little bit below or above Intelsat 7/10Ku my best tracking TP and SR are 11498H 02400
Where you able to get both birds on same dish? ie intel 17 and pass7ku.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
No just Intelsat 17
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Abdul010: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2011
With due respect gurus, is it possible to nail d bird with small dish because i want to try with it. I believe with d kind of responses I'm getting from u gurus I'll someday become middlebelt satellite champion. My regards to u all. How I wish gurus like all of u r by my side during my school days I'd ve bn a 1st class student. Tanx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
Abdul010:

With due respect gurus, is it possible to nail d bird with small dish because i want to try with it. I believe with d kind of responses I'm getting from u gurus I'll someday become middlebelt satellite champion. My regards to u all. How I wish gurus like all of u r by my side during my school days I'd ve bn a 1st class student. Tanx.
try using 90cm for a start. Best wish thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by don401(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2011
i nailed intel10 &intel17 on a 65cm (intel10 wit signal 47-53% and intel17 25-28%).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ all,

well said and done.
further posting about discovery on intelsat 17 on 66east shud include ur location if its not included in ur profile.

and some1 shud pls post a channel list and tps,

thanks,
may d dieties of fta sustain us all, and may we continue to hunt birds, and NEVER b hunted !!!.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
All is now possible to pick the 66e intelsat 17 just with 65cm.working just as 68.5e intelsat 10 ku,the signal is not strong but stable,enjoy it 17 channels on w4 just went off for a moment,l hope everyone is happy now.l hoping to nail most sats this year.does on solid shd try 39e ku and 42e ku.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ugoc1: 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
Plz those channels on intel 17 ar they only mpec4, can 4653x track sm of d channels nd if so wat ar d name? Tnx all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ all,

well said and done.
further posting about discovery on intelsat 17 on 66east shud include your location if its not included in your profile.

and some1 shud pls post a channel list and tps,

thanks,
may d dieties of fta sustain us all, and may we continue to hunt birds, and NEVER b hunted !!!.
@Pofolo,
Just go back a page and read and stop asking for channel lists and tps when they are right before your eyes.Aaaaaba!*What you want to see,you'll see*
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by miju(m): 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2011
@gadator thanks for the info. please will crtv come out with more channels next month as you promised?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
YES,let wait for what they will give us to top this mths.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ikiriye(m): 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
hi all
can someone list out all channels in dis new bird intelsat 17 z cause i want to hit green tonight
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nsq(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2011
I was able to track d bird wt a 90cm dish in IB today, will try wt a 65cm dish tomorrow and see wt i come up wu. Although d signal is in the 20% range yet d picture is stable. Many d God of FTA continue to shower us wt more good birds to hunt down.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nsq(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
To all those asking 4 a list of the station i think you shd know by now its nt right too b askin such question. Track and see what is there 4 u, a word is enough 4 d wise.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
this are some of the channels.m-net,csn,etv,etv.africa, vuzu,blitz,mstar,m-net action,mzansi,kowee,unisa,etc.we must all try as much possible to assist each,by someone we,ve all come to know.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BasseyJ(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
haha, i've tracked it, i hit green at about 20 or so, the stations are really good
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Gadotor,
I thought you have changed.Isn't it enough that the person asking for the channel list is told of the frequency and that he can receive it wherever he/she is and that the channels are good?Do you have to list them before you know you have helped a fellow satmate?Why do you always have to act in a deviant way sometimes?If you are very young in the satellite world and don't know a lot of history,let me enlighten you.
I'll go back about 6 or 7 years ago.We had etv,sabc1,sabc2 and sabc3 on pas 10k which is now intelsat10k.Because nagra1 was hacked,people bought stbs just for these 4 channels.Dstv saw they were loosing potential clients so informed sentech who too all the sabc channels off that bird to 902c.Still stbs were being bought(which weren't for dstv) and people didn't care because etv showed alot of football games.Then sentech decided to change the encryption to nagra3 which has until now been the end of fta on intelsat 10.Then we had Daarsat on intelsat 907k.Over 47 channels of a mix of nigerian and foreign contents where all for free.That was only on condition that people by daarsat decoders.This never happened.People bought their own mpeg 4 decoders to the detriment of the operators of daarsat which led to their collapse.Infact,there was practically a shortage of 90cm dishes and mpeg4 decoders because people couldn't keep their mouths a bit shut.After this,those who had extra dishes had to tune them to w3a just because they will have a weekly dose of premiership matches to watch on the weekends.Those who had large dishes were still enjoying their sabc channels on intelsat 902c.Then astra 2b came*As for we all know it has come for all fta lovers*.Then we had w2a c with over 50 channels from startimes.This one too because of too much talking,they all went scrambled.Then the worldcup began and intelsat 902 went dead.We thought that was the end till the kenyan mux appeared on w4/w7.As for them,we thought they have come to stay till our dear dstv people decided they were causing them to loose money*All because people couldn't stop making noise about them*.So what do they do,they buy them all off to a satellite where they know majority will not be able to access.Then everything went stale again.Out of the blue,they decide to give as some of their own channels for a whole 3 months*Just to get people hooked to their service so that when they take them off,you'll be urged to subscribe*.Just some few days ago,some channels appeared on the same w4/w7.Now they are no more.So if by some astronomical chance some thing such as this has arrived,don't you want to protect it?Do you think they will sit around for something others are paying for to be received free of charge by everyone?If you want to help people,no one is saying you shouldn't but you have to consider the times that we are in and act accordingly.What we are receiving now is very likely from sentech.The beam is strong in SA and that's their main focus.We are just feeling a little bit of the cool winds blowing from their region.If this information and any others as such are not well handled.We are going to loose such great things like this as fast as they came.I hope you bear with me and exercise restraint on matters such as these.Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by larryenob(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
@all dish has alot to do with signal qulty. cos i track with space dish i was hittin 25% wy with strong n DSTV dish i was hittin 45% on int17(d same place) same with the W3 mbc
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by kakofo(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2011
thats good
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
@swordswifter,you missed the point and you know nothing abt sat and bussiness plan of this group,what the are planning to do in whole of africa,l don,t want to put some sentitive info across in this for but what l tell you now is 1.THIS A TEST TRANSMITION,AND IT WON,T BE FREE,2.YOU WILL HAVE TO MEET THIER FORMAT OF TRANSMITION.3.THIS SAT WILL BE GIVING YOU MORE CHANNELS THAN ANY SAT YOU KNOW THAT COVER AFRICA.4.THE THEY KNOW THAT WE,RE WATCHING AND ASKING OF THEIR SIGNAL STRENGTH IN HERE IN WEST AFRICA.THA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
@swordswifter,i agree with gadotor,your essay is just a waste of your time,sorry to say this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Abdul010: 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
Hail to all d gurus, i naild d bird wit 11 channels and signal strength of 29% wit small dish.  Tanx to u all i did it myself. But d rest of d tp refuse to get green, pls any help as usual.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 11:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Gadotor,
Maybe you are right.But the whole idea is that we pretend we are not looking or not bothered about them so they relax their restrictions over there to our own benefit.By the way,I'm still doing some more research so i hope to find out the actual intentions for this bird soon.Have a good night my brother.As for odilibe,you are an insignificant imp to poke your nose where it doesn't belong.The post was a direct one and a conversation between too countrymen.*You only get what you ask for*
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
@swordswifter

just because it is free today does not mean that it will remain free for ever, the more people that enjoy it while it is free the better for all of us. try and share as much as can especially when it has too do with temporarily FTA channels. they are left free to air for a reason.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
swordswifter:

@Gadotor,
Maybe you are right.But the whole idea is that we pretend we are not looking or not bothered about them so they relax their restrictions over there to our own benefit.By the way,I'm still doing some more research so i hope to find out the actual intentions for this bird soon.Have a good night my brother.[s]As for odilibe,you are an insignificant imp to poke your nose where it doesn't belong.The post was a direct one and a conversation between too countrymen.*You only get what you ask for*[/s]
Bros i disagree with you. whatever you say here concerns other people.
The fact is, this providers do test transmission and they know we're watching.
This is the only satellite forum where people hide information they got from other sites.
I implore you to leave others alone to give out information freely if you don't want to.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 12:08am On Feb 24, 2011
@swordswifter

just because it is free today does not mean that it will remain free for ever, the more people that enjoy it while it is free the better for all of us. try and share as much as can especially when it has too do with temporarily FTA channels. they are left free to air for a reason.
@Olofofo,
If that's the case,no problem.I will be in total support of posting everything including the names of channels that are supposed to be paid as fta.But since we all aren't 100% sure it's temporarily fta at the moment,a little and i mean a little,bit of caution wouldn't hurt,would it?Anyway,I'm going to find out what the actual plans for that bird is as I've said so there no need for any continued discussions.NB*I'm all for sharing but when it comes to some fta infos,i strongly believe sharing in a controlled manner is the best way to go*.Peace.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Goldrock(m): 12:17am On Feb 24, 2011
@ Gadotor
All is now possible to pick the 66e intelsat 17 just with 65cm.working just as 68.5e intelsat 10 ku,the signal is not strong but stable,enjoy it 17 channels on w4 just went off for a moment,l hope everyone is happy now.l hoping to nail most sats this year.does on solid shd try 39e ku and 42e ku.thank you.
Pls have you successfully tracked channels on 39E ku and 42E ku respectively, if so kindly update the house members on strongest frequencies to use for tracking,dish size and other useful info.Thanks for the outstanding contributions to enrichment of this forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BasseyJ(m): 12:35am On Feb 24, 2011
Goldrock:

@ Gadotor Pls have you successfully tracked channels on 39E ku and 42E ku respectively, if so kindly update the house members on strongest frequencies to use for tracking,dish size and other useful info.Thanks for the outstanding contributions to enrichment of this forum.
i dont know much about these things but thanks to all the gurus here, i nailed the bird yesterday, this is wat i know, i nailed it with a 65cm dish, using any ku setallite using 11.557(h)22.654, signal got only to about 25% but it's stable and showing.i got just 11 stations, really good ones
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 12:59am On Feb 24, 2011
@All,
Frequency 12.284(H)/27.497 is back on air on Eutelsat w4/w7.Channel number has increased to 23 with channel names such as Dubai Sports,Press TV,HBO CAS BLACK,Channel 32 MTV,and others appearing in the channel list though some have nothing being transmitted on them for now.This frequency looks promising.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.