Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,588 members, 7,847,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (436988 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Flodel(f): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2011
@ all
these W4 channels is it only receivable wit mpeg4 n dis bigger dan 65cm? Cos with my 65cm dish n signal strenght 80 still nothing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2011
Flodel:

@ all
these W4 channels is it only receivable wit mpeg4 n dis bigger dan 65cm? Cos with my 65cm dish n signal strenght 80 still nothing.

You should get an MPEG4 decoder possibly and HD decoder. Everybody is switching over to DVB-S2, MPEG4 format. I will advise anybody investing in Satellite decoder to forget about DVB-S MPEG2
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2011
George d, sorry for the late reply on the issue of intel 17, I can see that some other members had already shield more light on it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
@olason,
No wahala. Right now I'm handicapped by distance but soon enough I'll be the one dishing out info
on that bird. Thanks all the same.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by satani22: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2011
swordswifter:

@Gadotor,
I thought you have changed.Isn't it enough that the person asking for the channel list is told of the frequency and that he can receive it wherever he/she is and that the channels are good?Do you have to list them before you know you have helped a fellow satmate?Why do you always have to act in a deviant way sometimes?If you are very young in the satellite world and don't know a lot of history,let me enlighten you.
I'll go back about 6 or 7 years ago.We had etv,sabc1,sabc2 and sabc3 on pas 10k which is now intelsat10k.Because nagra1 was hacked,people bought stbs just for these 4 channels.Dstv saw they were loosing potential clients so informed sentech who too all the sabc channels off that bird to 902c.Still stbs were being bought(which weren't for dstv) and people didn't care because etv showed alot of football games.Then sentech decided to change the encryption to nagra3 which has until now been the end of fta on intelsat 10.Then we had Daarsat on intelsat 907k.Over 47 channels of a mix of nigerian and foreign contents where all for free.That was only on condition that people by daarsat decoders.This never happened.People bought their own mpeg 4 decoders to the detriment of the operators of daarsat which led to their collapse.Infact,there was practically a shortage of 90cm dishes and mpeg4 decoders because people couldn't keep their mouths a bit shut.After this,those who had extra dishes had to tune them to w3a just because they will have a weekly dose of premiership matches to watch on the weekends.Those who had large dishes were still enjoying their sabc channels on intelsat 902c.Then astra 2b came*As for we all know it has come for all fta lovers*.Then we had w2a c with over 50 channels from startimes.This one too because of too much talking,they all went scrambled.Then the worldcup began and intelsat 902 went dead.We thought that was the end till the kenyan mux appeared on w4/w7.As for them,we thought they have come to stay till our dear dstv people decided they were causing them to loose money*All because people couldn't stop making noise about them*.So what do they do,they buy them all off to a satellite where they know majority will not be able to access.Then everything went stale again.Out of the blue,they decide to give as some of their own channels for a whole 3 months*Just to get people hooked to their service so that when they take them off,you'll be urged to subscribe*.Just some few days ago,some channels appeared on the same w4/w7.Now they are no more.So if by some astronomical chance some thing such as this has arrived,don't you want to protect it?Do you think they will sit around for something others are paying for to be received free of charge by everyone?If you want to help people,no one is saying you shouldn't but you have to consider the times that we are in and act accordingly.What we are receiving now is very likely from sentech.The beam is strong in SA and that's their main focus.We are just feeling a little bit of the cool winds blowing from their region.If this information and any others as such are not well handled.We are going to loose such great things like this as fast as they came.I hope you bear with me and exercise restraint on matters such as these.Thanks
This story is needless and makes little sense. Satellite owners are nt fools. W2a was on test thats why it was left FTA for a while. Same with the intel 17 channels. Later they might take it. Only deluded folks can allege that if u talked it would be scrambled. Talk or no talk they will scramble their thing. Its only those with BISS that pople may be told to keep quite and not on channels that are listed frree on Lyngsat.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nsq(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2011
@all after i nailed intelsat 17 yesterday i was able to nailed both intelsat 7 and intelsat 17 on a single 90cm dish. I will try and see if it also possible to nail both bird on a single 65 cm dish later in the day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 2:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
@NSQ wonderful this is what the forum is all about.do you mean with one lnb.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nsq(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
Yes, with one lnb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 5:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
to all members,consernin 66e intelsat 17 ku,i told you yesterday that it a test transmition you will findout today that your channel are red.you can now use the new freq 11557 h 20129.this is a result of feeds given to them abt coverage in west africa.right from source.enjoy while it last.thank you all.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by don401(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2011
[quote][/quote]@gadator thanks alot for your update
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
Is intel17 receiveable with DVB-S2 or mpeg2 receiver if not what's d best sat to view on Ku wit mpeg2 decoder.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bamboutos(f): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hi!
@all, if you want opposed source of informations of what is happening in IVORY COAST, you have RTI (3743L3220)@ 34.5°W  and this new TV @22°W: TCI (11145V2442).
Both RTI and TCI are French speaking TV.

Regards
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
Swordswifter, I share in ur feelings. Imagine even wit there eyes widely opened they stil can't c.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
@olason.mahn stop actin' like a douche bag, i'm tired of guyz callin' demselves g group,what's happenin' to freedom of information?u guyz should stop being clandestine n remember this is a forum,we supposed to be sharing information.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2011
To all that may disagree with my point of view and may be planning on re-posting and posting any "personal" towards my post should forget it.It's not worth it.I resigned myself 1am this morning,Nigerian time whiles doing my research with most satmates fast asleep,that i wouldn't bother myself trying to sensitize my fellow mates on this particular forum(beginning to understand the mentality).Besides,that's the job of it's administrators.I'm on to bigger and better things and as always,i will help anyone and everyone(even those i don't agree with) as and when the need arises.*No love lost,no love found*.Peace.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
@swordswifter

do no t take a stance like that just because people have a contrary opinion. keep doing what your heart tells you and leave the rest to God. we are all here to share and learn something.

on the issues of the old 17 on w7 and new 17 on the new satellite, i believe they are meant as platform for terrestrial broadcast in some southern African nation. let's not rejoice too much on the matter as what is here today will be gone tomorrow.

if really this our Thread is about FTA then we should not always jubilate anytime encrypted channels become available temporarily. if you want to enjoy dstv the basic subscription is about 2500 which is equivalent to $16 monthly, or try and find out what is happening on the "dark side of FTA" else let concentrate on real free to Air, which unfortunataly you can not really enjoy without a motorized BUD"

viva FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2011
Swordswifter, acording to section 3 paragraph 2 of the law of fta of the fed. Republic of Nigeria, I have considered your case and I have found you not guity as charged. You are hereby discharged. Moreso, your letter of resignation is also been considered. Hearing will resume on the 10th of December 2020. Till then keep reading and posting. This is my judgement.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pitodenz(m): 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
Welldone Guys,
The rules re very simple,no discussion of our paytv hack,keys or decryption in the forum.But not when we get free tp or channels from them.Please someone should list out all the tps if they re more than one.Anytime we ve this kind of info,if u like text it to every gsm no in the country,or keep it to urself,they ll take it when they re done with their testing.My joy is only when many pple get access to it b4 it went off.And sorry for those lazy nigerians who found it hard to research or dont know how to input freq and channel update cos any service lendered must be paid for.(not pple from forum oh)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
@info
Gbam!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 12:45am On Feb 25, 2011
Ilish & George_D,
Thankx for the clarification
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 25, 2011
olofofo:

@swordswifter

do no t take a stance like that just because people have a contrary opinion. keep doing what your heart tells you and leave the rest to God. we are all here to share and learn something.

on the issues of the old 17 on w7 and new 17 on the new satellite, i believe they are meant as platform for terrestrial broadcast in some southern African nation. let's not rejoice too much on the matter as what is here today will be gone tomorrow.

if really this our Thread is about FTA then we should not always jubilate anytime encrypted channels become available temporarily. if you want to enjoy dstv the basic subscription is about 2500 which is equivalent to $16 monthly, or try and find out what is happening on the "dark side of FTA" else let concentrate on real free to Air, which unfortunataly you can not really enjoy without a motorized BUD"

viva FTA.

olofofo ooo, if i'm the one in question, you wont provide me such pacifying words ooo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 6:52am On Feb 25, 2011
@enitan

your matter na different ball game altogether.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 25, 2011
@ swordswifter,
after reading through your posts, I couldn't help but stand in agreement with you. One, no one is hiding the satellite location of the transmission. Is it a must for a list of such channels to be posted on the forum? definitely not, since its been confirmed they are promising channels, that alone should motivate intending viewers to switch to that location to have a feel of whats happening. It is not all channels that you watch free on your Tv means they are FTA. If we are being truthful to ourselves, we know the differences between the two immediately we see the kind of programmes they air or by the name given to the stations themselves. Keeping some parts of the story makes it intresting, so that serious viewers will discover the missing link themselves.
A great pal of mine on this forum told me during the course of the week there's a HD station close to 13E where they show everything showbable concerning sporting events (those with great understanding will decode that), so peeps should try find that out. I never asked for more info from him because it wont be useful for me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2011
olofofo:

@enitan

your matter na different ball game altogether.

then give me an admission form into a sanitarium, that will settle the matter then.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by don401(m): 7:46am On Feb 25, 2011
@swordswifster u re 100% right. Yes everyone knws dat it is a test transmission but if we talk and list d chnnels anyhow den it will disappear lyk w4/w7.
@gadator u tink u re helpin by listin d chnnels why dn't u direct people to lyngsat to see 4demself.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Walexdinho(m): 7:56am On Feb 25, 2011
hey
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 8:12am On Feb 25, 2011
I know i said i wouldn't talk about this matter again but i was really happy yesterday that my brother olofofo(who i know has been here for ages and whom I've been watching closely) began to understand that i meant and have never meant any harm.
@swordswifter

viva FTA.
My brother info.fta made me realize in all this,there are still people with a great sense of humor and that fta should be all about that not fruitless arguments.
Swordswifter, acording to section 3 paragraph 2 of the law of fta of the fed. Republic of Nigeria, I have considered your case and I have found you not guity as charged. You are hereby discharged. Moreso, your letter of resignation is also been considered. Hearing will resume on the 10th of December 2020. Till then keep reading and posting. This is my judgement.
My bother Freshp has always had my back.Thanks man
@info
Gbam!!
And today my Sister enitan*who i'm not very sure is a female lol* so will call a brother,has always had hardlines with important issues on this forum and i never thought i'll ever be able to have the pleasure of one day calling a friend just echoed it all.
@ swordswifter,
after reading through your posts, I couldn't help but stand in agreement with you. One, no one is hiding the satellite location of the transmission. Is it a must for a list of such channels to be posted on the forum? definitely not, since its been confirmed they are promising channels, that alone should motivate intending viewers to switch to that location to have a feel of whats happening. It is not all channels that you watch free on your Tv means they are FTA. If we are being truthful to ourselves, we know the differences between the two immediately we see the kind of programmes they air or by the name given to the stations themselves. Keeping some parts of the story makes it intresting, so that serious viewers will discover the missing link themselves.
A great pal of mine on this forum told me during the course of the week there's a HD station close to 13E where they show everything showbable concerning sporting events (those with great understanding will decode that), so peeps should try find that out. I never asked for more info from him because it wont be useful for me.
As for me,so far as it's over my skies,i just want to nail it just for nailing sake.I don't even have to know any frequencies.I'll track it anyway.That should be our spirit,that should be our drive,that should be our goal.Then we can learn more.Imagine,people are given satellite positions(angles),frequencies and symbol rates.They are even told of the fact that they can receive it wherever they are and are even given the estimated dish sizes to use.Even before hand,you'll have the first person who brought out the information(made the 1st post) listing the channels that will be received*ilish and yemoxtra*After which because we don't want to repeat them again by talking too much or in this case listing them more than once,we just inform everyone that the channels are "GOOD".Then you have some people coming back,after all this information,asking again of the channel list.Is it that we are just slow or we just want to encourage laziness?Let's all think about this.Anyway,I'm still happy.Whatever might turn out,i still know there are still "a few good men".Good morning.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nsq(m): 9:14am On Feb 25, 2011
@all after reading thru d diff post this mornin, i lk 2 say i don't believe its when u list d stations on any sat that u're helping someone, what this forum is abt is learnin hw to do it urself, and d joy that comes 4rm nailing d bird urself. And it also encourage people 2 do more individual research on fta sat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2011
A word is enuf 4 d wise all those who want to know the names channels before venturing to track a satellite should know that they are not helping matters here as far as a member has confirmed the goodness of the sat content no need asking of what and what made up the goodies it is better when you find out your self.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
Eltonluigi, pls am not ready for this, anyway d ignore button is readily available.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
@olason,
You've seen olofofo's post. Let's sheath the sword and move on. Long live FTA!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ all i went tru all de post and really felt bad. We 've been tru all dis b4 now why cant we live 4 de reason while we're here which is to be one big family dat shares love among ourselves, plz lets live 4 each other. For as many dats has been offended plz let go. Hapi wekend thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.