Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children (4233 Views)

Poll: Do you support this law.

Yes: 33% (8 votes)
No: 54% (13 votes)
Undecided: 12% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children? / Nigerian Woman Jailed In Houston For Flogging Her Two Daughters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Sissy3(f): 12:01am On Jul 11, 2010
mutter:

When I was a kid i never knew it was abuse just saw it as being normal now I know better. I have a few friends that were never beaten, they ended up more stable as adults that kids that were beaten.

what Dayo, said here

dayokanu:

And I have seen contrary too, People who were not beaten but ended up worse

when you flog or abuse a child you do much more than inflicting physical pain. You hurt a soul for life.
When you flog or abuse a child you do much more than instil respect. You break a child for life.

thats when you abuse a child. and again there is a difference between the two.

we raise men that are themselves brutal callous and insensitive towards others. We raise women that are so intimidated that they don`t have the confidence to stop abuse when it takes place. The body is a temple and should be treated as such. I shudder to think of all the abuse going on.

thats not true. it has alot to do with our culture/value as a whole rather than flogging as a disciplinary action. im sure you are also aware of places were flogging isnt used as a disciplinary method but their women are still submissive to the men who beat them. the same with the men.
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by bawomolo(m): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2010
how does one differentiate between discipline and abuse?

is there a template like only five strokes of cane, are belts allowed. can i make him kneel down with a bucket of water on his head?
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Sissy3(f): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2010
this is what is going to happen if this "law" passes grin grin grin grin grin

watch starting from 2:44min, the part where he flogged his kid and his son called police for him(his father)

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnQGJk5kc8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0"[/flash]
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by AloyEmeka5: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2010
~Sissy~:

watch starting from 2:44min, the part where he flogged his kid and his son called police for him(his father)

[flash=400,400]

grin grin grin grin grin grin Very funny video sha. It's not as if things like this won't happen but we won't continue to allow child abuse for fear of the few kids with fresh mouth and mischief getting back at their parents. Just learn how to deal with it.
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2010
~Sissy~:

[flash=400,400]

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin

"Papa, you wear you wash nau".
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Sissy3(f): 5:48am On Jul 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Very funny video sha. It's not as if things like this won't happen but we won't continue to allow child abuse for fear of the few kids with fresh mouth and mischief getting back at their parents. Just learn how to deal with it.

am not interested in the wayo he played on his father w/the police. my only interest was where he called police and his father was like "so na dis small thing wey happen, na hin make u call police for me" and the part where the police was telling him "so because hes your son, you wan kill me, dont you know the world is changing" when the father was telling police he was the boys father

@ Ebony
i had tears in my eyes from laughter when i watched the whole movie. very funny grin grin grin

papa its says wash n wear, you wash, you wear grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 12, 2010
~Sissy~:

am not interested in the wayo he played on his father w/the police. my only interest was where he called police and his father was like "so na dis small thing wey happen, na hin make u call police for me" and the part where the police was telling him "so because hes your son, you wan kill me, dont you know the world is changing" when the father was telling police he was the boys father

@ Ebony
i had tears in my eyes from laughter when i watched the whole movie. very funny grin grin grin

papa its says wash n wear, you wash, you wear grin grin grin

LOL because of your post, I watched the whole movie oday.

Loved it. . ,   just too funny grin grin

"Death is the only way"

"Papa, you die first so that I can bury you nau"
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Sissy3(f): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2010
LOL grin grin grin grin grin. i watched the movie when it first came out, so this is my secondtyme watching it, still cant stop laughing grin grin

son: papa, let me ask you, if you say dis woman is beautiful as you say, how come she agreed to marry you?

papa: what r u trying to say, am i not handsome?

insult at the highest order grin grin grin

"the acceleration is not in full compression as a result of poor compression from the compressor and so its affecting the ignition, that is y d bus cannot start"
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Sissy~:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin. i watched the movie when it first came out, so this is my secondtyme watching it, still cant stop laughing grin grin

son: papa, let me ask you, if you say dis woman is beautiful as you say, how come she agreed to marry you?

papa: what r u trying to say, am i not handsome?

insult at the highest order grin grin grin

"the acceleration is not in full compression as a result of poor compression from the compressor and so its affecting the ignition, that is y d bus cannot start"
LMAO!!! You will not kill me this morning grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by AloyEmeka5: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
For those of you who are against this law, Read this and tell me how you feel:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-477746.0.html
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

For those of you who are against this law, Read this and tell me how you feel:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-477746.0.html
Kill the child with a gun, hang the child, lacerate the child, stab the child, all of those incidents still have nothing to do with flogging the child. Those are just murders.

If they had a cane close by, all that murdering wouldnt have occurred. Lame case, moving on.
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Sissy3(f): 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
Emeka and his extreme examples again.

@Ebony

did you watch the part where he wouldnt allow his father and his stepmom, to have their "moment" in the night when they thought he was sleeping. naughty naughty boi grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Sissy~:

Emeka and his extreme examples again.

@Ebony

did you watch the part where he wouldnt allow his father and his stepmom, to have their "moment" in the night when they thought he was sleeping. naughty naughty boi grin grin grin
LOL yea! "I want  to be the first 2 hear wen america has captured osama bin ladden!"

Genius!  grin grin"
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by AloyEmeka5: 3:43am On Jul 14, 2010
Come to think of it, lack of flogging leads to pikins like bk/babe97.
Re: Lagos Parents May Go To Jail For Flogging Their Children by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Come to think of it, lack of flogging leads to pikins like bk/babe97.
So you understand why its needed.

Na one kain Ajegunle boy go come dey claim Latino. Weeeere!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Side Chick Is Pregnant But I Don't Want It / When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child / My Friends House Help Is Accusing Him Of Being Responsible For Her Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.