Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' (7836 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". / LMAO: See What A Guy Did After His GF Asked Him To Choose Between Her & His Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by alleno: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2010
Like one reply said clearly,
LET THE GIRL GO AND HUG A TRANSFORMER!

If she feels that the best way for you to show that you value her is to distract you when you just need 90 minutes. Hugging a transformer will definitely knock some sense into her.

I like football, if i watch a match that my team looses and i feel sad, i cannot apologise for it, Yes sometimes we guys go to the extreme when things don't go our way but a sensible woman would learn to use such opportunities to help us better channel our positive or negative energy or emotions.

Please @poster, you better be careful and not lead yourself into a trap. Sooner or later it will go from football to a variety of other things and you can be sure, if she has a way now, other things will become a norm, she will even tell you to leave your phone on in a plane, or in church, LOL

make i stop here, the thing don dey vex me personally!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by farochron(m): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2010
This is the coolest post I've read in a long time. Well I've had a similar experience with my wife and she would always say the same poet "You prefer your match to me" but I made her understand that it was just a 90 minute program and after that it would be the 2 of us. She struggled with this at first but has come to accept it. She waits till the end of the match for every other game and we are both cool with this.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by farochron(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2010
You can also tell her what I told my angel. Make her understand that watching a 90 min program is better than going out to drink beer all day or hunting for everything in skirts. This was what did the magic.

Immediately I told my wife this, she joined me in watching football and also became a Liverpool fan. I also got her a Liverpool Jersey.

For you to be at peace with your woman, you need the wisdom of Solomon
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by DereI(f): 9:41am On Jul 16, 2010
My guy u try abeg. I know sometimes we no dey understand even when una explain to us. Well, WC don finish! call your woman and sort things out. But for future matches, if she cant watch with you, try and make sure u keep her engaged with other things. For instance, chores! Thats when you should want your favorite meal or let her help in picking your clothes from the laundry or other stuffs. Goodluck man!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2010
alleno:

Like one reply said clearly,
LET THE GIRL GO AND HUG A TRANSFORMER!

If she feels that the best way for you to show that you value her is to distract you when you just need 90 minutes. Hugging a transformer will definitely knock some sense into her.

I like football, if i watch a match that my team looses and i feel sad, i cannot apologise for it, Yes sometimes we guys go to the extreme when things don't go our way but a sensible woman would learn to use such opportunities to help us better channel our positive or negative energy or emotions.

Please @poster, you better be careful and not lead yourself into a trap. Sooner or later it will go from football to a variety of other things and you can be sure, if she has a way now, other things will become a norm, she will even tell you to leave your phone on in a plane, or in church, LOL

make i stop here, the thing don dey vex me personally!

grin grin grin grin
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Damysa(f): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2010
hhmmmmmm men and football

come to think of it . . . what if there wasnt a game like football

wetin una for do , Abegi
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by maxtop(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
i love you style bros, keep it up
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by CasaNova1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2010
Damysa:

hhmmmmmm men and football

come to think of it . . . what if there wasnt a game like football

wetin una for do , Abegi

Gladiator fights. tongue
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by fesse(f): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2010
@poster, d babe needs 2 undastand wit u or else, she-ill keep hurting herself.

I don't joke or play with football. HE doesn't even try my number whenever Chelsea is playing talk-less of calling, vis-a-vis. So,  d gurl in question, pls join ur man in loving his interests/hubbies or,

I hate hearing women distracting or disturbing when matches are going on. I love you football fans of any club.

Chelsea all my lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Parnassuss(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
@Ojesymsym, i swear you had laughing so hard i nearly ruptured a vein. If craze catch u send that kind of mail to any chick, even mother Theresa no go help ur case then. LOL grin
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by otukpo(f): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
Poster
Ur girl needs to grow up.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by franko2: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
queeneve:

OSYC,

I am glad YOUR SO CALLED GIRLFRIEND didnt have open heart surgery with FIVE MONKEY SPEAKING FRENCH!

U sound a bit frustrated queenie, take am easy now, is all in good humour!

YALL MEN DISGUSTS ME SOMETIMES,

And, am happy its only sometimes we MEN disgust u ooo, otherwise, we would summarily ask yer man to ex-communicate u or something, shocked
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by queeneve: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^^^^go back to the University and DEMAND your FULL REFUND, they played ya dude!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2010
queeneve , calm down did a guy jilt you over ball? You just dey vex na wa oh! grin
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by franko2: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
queeneve:

^^^^^go back to the University and DEMAND your FULL REFUND, they played ya dude!

que?

I wonda who madam queen dey snipe at now o? Any idea guys? We no need degree to join nairaland o, thank God!

Wen i say make ya man ex-communicate u, i no no say d guy go take my advise seriously o, abeg, no vex!

Guys, make un a helep me beg queen man, make e take am back, abeg guys, D mata don serious pass joke o,
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by bawomolo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
I bet these mofos will TURN FOOTBALL DOWN IF PUSSC WAS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT CHIT,

IF WE DENY YALL SOME AZZ YALL GO CRAZY, WHAT THE DIFFERENT WITH US WANTING SOME QUALITY TIME DURING FOOTBALL?

HYPROCRITICAL MOFOS! 

is s-ex the only bargaining chip you have as a woman?   how old are you by the way.

don't get mad if your man has mistresses on the side. why are you calling people monkeys though?
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by queeneve: 12:23am On Jul 17, 2010
^^^

Let me tell you something bish, JUST BECAUSE YOUR ASS IS NASSY does not mean ALL AFRICAN MEN ARE NASSY,

There are ACTUALLY DECENT African men left in this world and YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM,

So take your INFECTED Azz somewhere and maim yourself to sleep, YOU TAKING UP SPACE,
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by queeneve: 12:24am On Jul 17, 2010
Yomola,

I have a man AND NOT A BOY, ENOUGH SAID,
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by queeneve: 12:26am On Jul 17, 2010
Frankol,

It will be okay, SOMEBODY GOTTA CLEAN UP THE HORSE CHIT,

Nice work outfit suga!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Analissa(f): 12:57am On Jul 17, 2010
Easy remedy tell her that you'll do something for her or give her something every time your team wins. Believe me when your team loses she'll feel the pain too  smiley
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by pweetygal(f): 1:06am On Jul 17, 2010
my bf is a football addict n i tried2 stp it bt i realized its in a guys nature, so i jst had 2 lyk footbal cos of him
kiss
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by isalegan2: 6:34am On Jul 17, 2010
Poster,
Find out what time one of her favorite shows come on tv, maybe american idol or any insipid faked-up reality crap like next big model or summat. halfway through, when it's really getting good, call her up demanding she stay on the phone for 20 minutes otherwise she doesn't really love you at all. obviously!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by bawomolo(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2010
queeneve:

^^^

Let me tell you something bish, JUST BECAUSE YOUR backside IS NASSY does not mean ALL AFRICAN MEN ARE NASSY,

There are ACTUALLY DECENT African men left in this world and YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM,

So take your INFECTED Azz somewhere and maim yourself to sleep, YOU TAKING UP SPACE,

using s-ex has a bargaining chip is a sign of immature person. I don't see why you would withhold sex because a man engages in an hobby.

you might want to wash your mouth with soap
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by franko2: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2010
After all said and done, I got the following perspective below from ma babe, who i've had to refer this very interesting blogline to, we had similar issues in the past but, it didnt go the extremist route that some including queenie here is taking, here goes;

"Ps I think you should write in to advise the guy!

No-one explains it from the girl's point of view - we need to feel secure with our man, esp at the beginning. That's why a guy saying he can't speak can be such a letdown,  Cos you see a woman in the same circumstance would never do the same.  When we like a guy, the whole world can be erupting around us and we'll focus all our attention on him.  So the guy needs to reassure her, tell her he likes her BUT, etc etc"

SO, na wetin she talk be dis.  I suspect some o these people from away, esp the women dating our naija guys have not taken time to understand our men's psyche or pidgin lingo, which is quite worrying, i think,
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Kgdavid(m): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2010
i think the majority of posts have been right on point, the likes of queeneve r merely seeking for attention and should be ignored.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by franko2: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2010
Kgdavid:

i think the majority of posts have been right on point, the likes of queeneve r merely seeking for attention and should be ignored.

Yes Kgdavid!  I agree with u big time on this one but, we also enjoy humouring queenie, esp when the frustration gets too much 4 her to bear, and then u can see shes feeling d need to dramaqueen it! 

Queenie m'dear, pls make u no worry, we feel ya pain too  lol

Another titbit below;

"I feel for both the guy (cos he likes her but is at his wit's end!) and girl (she likes him but is messing it up big time) - I really do.

When I read those things I realise how far I've come in understanding men so I feel sorry for the lady cos she just doesn't get it - he likes her a lot but at that moment, he just likes footie MORE. 

Now that I've understood those things I wish all the guys and girls out there would get it but I guess that's what makes me 32 and not 17,

Ah the drama back then!

Am gonna print out so you can help me a bit with my pidgin.

x"
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by zebra543: 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2010
your girlfriend needs a hobby, when you want to watch your football simply send her shopping or away to her friends- or invite her and your friends arnd so she has something to do when your enjoying the match- everybody needs thier personal space nobody wants to be suffocated by thier partner if she is being too selfish just cut her loose- life is too short to waste on women that behave like puppies!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by kcblast(m): 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
how good's ur chic duh?
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by agathamari(f): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2010
honestly if you are being this upset over a girl asking you to speak to her on the phone durring a soccer game shows you truely do care about soccer more then her. when faced with two options regardless of what they are, a person will always gravitate to teh one he/she feels is more valuable to them. if you gravitate to soccer as opposed to your girl then you value the game more. you need to re-evaluate your priorities and relationships in the future. for you girls sake i hope she doesnt call you in an emergency durring a soccer game, youd probably "warn" her never to interup again
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Kgdavid(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2010
as far as im concerned, girlfriends fall into the same category as watching football, hobby. fiance or wife is a different ball game but she is obviously going to be someone reasonable enough not to deliberately make a pest of herself. heck, in my younger days, i once quit a part time job cuz my boss wanted me to work an extra day(saturday) while man u wer playing talkess of one irritating girl.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by zebra543: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2010
^ you kill me! grin grin @aga ur hilarious even as a woman i dont pick the phone during an episode of eastenders, how will having a conversation during football prove he truely loves her? no everybody needs his/her space the girl just sounds annoying as hell!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2010
agathamari:

honestly if you are being this upset over a girl asking you to speak to her on the phone durring a soccer game shows you truely do care about soccer more then her. when faced with two options regardless of what they are, a person will always gravitate to teh one he/she feels is more valuable to them. if you gravitate to soccer as opposed to your girl then you value the game more. you need to re-evaluate your priorities and relationships in the future. for you girls sake i hope she doesnt call you in an emergency durring a soccer game, youd probably "warn" her never to interup again

while i see that a lot of posters have endorsed my actions , i will want to quickly state that , that is not my intent here.

Your post however does not seem to appraise the issues fairly. By overall ranking i do not place football higher than her in any sense. But we must always balance urgency with importance at any time. We are talking 90 mins here my sista.

I have had a few times when i called her and she responded by saying, " eh can we talk in the next hour? I am consumed by some other concerns now" and I say fine we talk later.

Another point is the angle of distraction,. We all know that this "love" conversations need maximum concentration, so why would a time when there is an important match be the time to talk?
I have not added that most times i do the talking , hence when i am distrated the conversation is always dry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

92% Of Women Masturbate; But How Often Do They Do It ? / How Do I Turn Down Sex From A Married Woman. / Man Stands For 6 Hours On Flight So His Wife Can Sleep [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.