Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat (2489 Views)

EFCC Raids Namadi Sambo’s Office / Photos Of Ayedire Local Government Secretariat In State Of Osun / EFCC Raids Lagos State Assembly Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Beaf: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
[size=14pt]EFCC raids NFA[/size]
Sports Jul 12, 2010 Share | By Fidelis Ebu

Uneasy calm has enveloped the secretariat of the Nigeria Football Association as officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission yesterday raided the offices of the troubled NFA and made away with piles of files.

The officials of the anti-graft agency arrived at the NFA secretariat in the morning hours and made straight for the accounts offices.

A dependable source said the anti-graft agency may have gotten vital document on the over N900 million given to the football house to prosecute the recent 2010 World Cup in South Africa .

Some top officials of the finance and accounts department were seen visibly shaken when the men and officials of the anti-graft agency were flipping through some of the files at the department.

The calm looking EFCC officials would not volunteer statement about their findings so far from the files they have flipped through, before they took heaps of documents away.

Remarkably, while the officials of the anti-graft agency were busy ransacking the finance and accounts department, members the Technical Committee of the interim Executive Committee of the NFA were holding their maiden meeting on the reformation of the new Eagles.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/12/efcc-raids-nfa/
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
ROFLMAO!!! what a joke!
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by mamagee3(f): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
EFCC is a joke!

Instead of arresting real criminals, they would rather go around raiding cybercafes and innocent passerbys, . .

It really shows how much Nigeria is failing.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Beaf: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is it right for EFCC raids to be so loud? Surely something is wrong with this area boy style of operations. angry
Why is there neither class nor tact in govt approaches to everyday issues? Its not just the EFCC, its police, "big manism" etc etc.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Ibime(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
Just make sure una catch that fool called Ojo Oba join!
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! what a joke!

Why is it a joke, thought everybody was asking for their probe.
mama-gee:

EFCC is a joke!

Instead of arresting real criminals, they would rather go around raiding cybercafes and innocent passerbys, . .

It really shows how much Nigeria is failing.

Honestly you need to visit some of those cybercafes in Nigeria, you'll be shocked.

last time I was home, couldn't stay in many of them longer than 30min.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by olafolarin(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
Cybercafes in Nigeria are scouting ground for scammers.EFCC should spend more time investigating corrupt officials than wasting public funds on pages of newspapers.EFCC is more active in the media than on ground.
There is enough rot in NFA to jail the entire exco and technical committee but can Farida Waziri do it?
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by emiwanlee(m): 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
After then Nothing, Same story since inception
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by CyberG: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2010
Farida Waziri will demand only 50% of the loot and nothing will come out of this stunt! Someone already named her EFCC - Everybody Follow Come Chop. Useless scums of the earth! angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by mamagee3(f): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2010
OAM4J:

Honestly you need to visit some of those cybercafes in Nigeria, you'll be shocked.

last time I was home, couldn't stay in many of them longer than 30min.

Why?

Did they use a stick of sugarcane to chase you away? tongue
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by mensdept: 1:23am On Jul 13, 2010
Beaf:

Is it right for EFCC raids to be so loud? Surely something is wrong with this area boy style of operations. angry
Why is there neither class nor tact in govt approaches to everyday issues? Its not just the EFCC, its police, "big manism" etc etc.

Thank you
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 2:07am On Jul 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Why?

Did they use a stick of sugarcane to chase you away? tongue

stick of sugarcane would have been better, they used more than that lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Jul 13, 2010
OAM4J:

a) Only a couple of days ago, your president, without thinking of the potential image issues, rushed to BAN, not penalize, but BAN the NFA, only to withdraw that a couple of days later just before FIFA's ultimatum was about to expire.
b) Just because the ban was lifted, NFA officials quickly removed top officials supposedly to appease the president
c) Now, EFCC raids the NFA office

Questions for you
a) Why didn't these raids happen BEFORE world cup? I mean most of that money most have been spent before the guys went down to South Africa
b) Why is this raid coming about the President's bungling act?
c) Did NFA suddenly go corrupt overnight or something?
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 3:14am On Jul 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

a) Only a couple of days ago, your president, without thinking of the potential image issues, rushed to BAN, not penalize, but BAN the NFA, only to withdraw that a couple of days later just before FIFA's ultimatum was about to expire.

Thought he is also your president. . . oh my bad, I forgot you changed your nationality.

Kobojunkie:

b) Just because the ban was lifted, NFA officials quickly removed top officials supposedly to appease the president
c) Now, EFCC raids the NFA office

Sorry, these top officials were removed before he lifted the ban, and part of the conditions for lifting the ban include the probe.

Kobojunkie:

Questions for you
a) Why didn't these raids happen BEFORE world cup? I mean most of that money most have been spent before the guys went down to South Africa
b) Why is this raid coming about the President's bungling act?
c) Did NFA suddenly go corrupt overnight or something? 

i dont hold brief for Jonathan, but the probe has to come at one time or the other

And which foolish leader will call for a probe just before a major tournament?

Imagine he had carried out the probe before the world cup, it would have been used as an excuse for the poor outing.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 13, 2010
OAM4J:

Thought he is also your president. . . oh my bad, I forgot you changed your nationality.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 3:24am On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke Idi, ta lo se? Tani mama to wa ni profile pic e?
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 13, 2010
She's a hollywood celebrity lol. I prolly should remove it.

When did KoboJ denounce Nigeria as her nationality?
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Jul 13, 2010
OAM4J:

Dude, you suck at jokes! lol
OAM4J:

Sorry, these top officials were removed before he lifted the ban, and part of the conditions for lifting the ban include the probe.
They were removed right before the ban was lifted, and I typed that part too. Part of the condition for lifting the ban include the probe? Is the NFA above the law of the land that the president of the land would need to make silly treats such as the one we witnessed in order to get the law enforcement agency to probe this organization? Is that what you are implying?

This all looks more like the same old jokes we have witnessed over and over in the same country. This so-called cleanup process could have started long before the tournament did. Investigations like this take place in organizations and companies around the world every day. I don't see why our government could not have conducted itself better . . instead we got the slap right when the whole world was watching, not before or long after.
OAM4J:

I dont hold brief for Jonathan, but the probe has to come at one time or the other. And which foolish leader will call for a probe just before a major tournament?
If you consider it foolish for a leader to call for a probe just before a major tournament, then what should we label a situation where the same leader attempted the probe instead DURING the major tournament?
OAM4J:

Imagine he had carried out the probe before the world cup, it would have been used as an excuse for the poor outing.
I think this would have saved us the humiliation we got instead as a result of the ban. The ban definitely made it seem as if we had no spirit of sportsmanship as a nation. Just when I thought the French team were the lamest, he had to go prove me wrong with a complete ban RIGHT AFTER we lost.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 3:44am On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

She's a hollywood celebrity lol. I prolly should remove it.

Akoyinsi e yen ko ba oju mu rara, o je yo ki won to ro wipe ikan ninu awon ebi e ni ati wipe boya bi ibadi ti wo na se ri ni yen  grin

Ileke-IdI:

When did KoboJ denounce Nigeria as her nationality?

When he started referring to Jonathan as 'your' president instead of my or our president

Kobojunkie:

Dude, you suck at jokes! lol

trust me i was not laughing when I typed that, but, now i couldn't help lol  grin

Kobojunkie:

They were removed right before the ban was lifted, and I typed that part too. Part of the condition for lifting the ban include the probe? Is the NFA above the law of the land that the president of the land would need to make silly treats such as the one we witnessed in order to get the law enforcement agency to probe this organization? Is that what you are implying?

This all looks more like the same old jokes we have witnessed over and over in the same country. This so-called cleanup process could have started long before the tournament did.  Investigations like this take place in organizations and companies around the world every day. I don't see why our government could not have conducted itself better . .  instead we got the slap right when the whole world was watching, not before or long after. If you consider it foolish for a leader to call for a probe just before a major tournament, then what should we label a situation where the same leader attempted the probe instead DURING the major tournament?  I think this would have saved us the humiliation we got instead as a result of the ban. The ban definitely made it seem as if we had no spirit of sportsmanship as a nation. Just when I thought the French team were the lamest, he had to go prove me wrong with a complete ban RIGHT AFTER we lost.

Anyway I never supported the ban at any time.

And as for the probe, better late than never.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 13, 2010
OAM4J:

Akoyinsi e yen ko ba oju mu rara, o je yo ki won to ro wipe ikan ninu awon ebi e ni[b] ati wipe boya bi ibadi ti wo na se ri ni yen[/b]  grin
Yea, that's why I removed it lol
I rebuke it, my ibadi will never look like that. shocked
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 3:58am On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, that's why I removed it lol
I rebuke it, my ibadi will never look like that. shocked

I put it to you that your Ibadi is same and even lover than that, otherwise Prove it cool
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 13, 2010
OAM4J:

I put it to you that your Ibadi is same and even lover than that, otherwise Prove i
grin After you prove that you're not the Nigerian version of flavo flave
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by OAM4J: 4:16am On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

grin After you prove that you're not the Nigerian version of flavo flave

abeggi, show us some good ibadi and oshodi oke, if you got it flaunt it or shake it grin
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 13, 2010
lol

EFCC should not raid NFA Secretariat o. They should go after OBJ
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by texazzpete(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

lol

EFCC should not raid NFA Secretariat o. They should go after OBJ

Yes! The police should not arrest murderers, They should go after Bola Ige's killers.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by CarlosVent(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2010
dis is nice pls
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by CarlosVent(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2010
dis is nice pls
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by ovo4u(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
This EFCC are the most useless crime fighter, i don't see nobody they have brought to book.All they do is to make noise, i just keep weeping my my dear Country.What happen to the Siemens scam?what happen to the Pdp formal chairman? they are all joker and F.uck them all.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by otondo55: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2010
EFCC ?

Story story, stroy !

They are simply not serious, noise makers.
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by blacksta(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
Foolish country - how can any raid be valid or what is the sense of the raid, when you have replaced  the former heads with your own. Is it that the new heads cant access the supposed documents and thus require a raid.   A raid would would have been valid when former heads were still in position.  Fuc kin  country where people think with their a ssho le .
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by paraphase(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2010
undecided
Re: EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat by DisGuy: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2010
Beaf:

Could be just the newspaper they obviously thrive on making loud noise, even from the last bit,

The calm looking EFCC officials would not volunteer statement about their findings so far from the files they have flipped through, before they took heaps of documents away.

if they are so loud they will actually invite the television reporters and not newspaper reporters alone, they would have made statements to the press immediately, i think this report like most vanguard reporters are just ex-nollywood writers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver / Who Is The Richest Obj Or Ibb / 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.