Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Should Kidnappers Be Killed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Kidnappers Be Killed (5810 Views)

Poll: Should kidnappers be given death sentence?

Yes: 71% (15 votes)
No: 28% (6 votes)
Indifferent: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Fani-kayode To Tinubu:I’m Not Funsho Williams, I Cannot Be Killed Like A Chicken / Shekau Before He Was Killed?: Did He Have To Be Killed? / TB Joshua Prophesied That Children Would Be Killed In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
jamace:

Are the kidnappers going after the first person in sight?.
You were the one advocating anarchy to correct perceived societal ills.

Kidnappers no longer discriminate when it comes to their victims. These have included few months old babies to 90 plus great grand parents.

The main drive for kidnapping remains seemingly EASY AND QUICK MONEY and nothing else. This money is not given back to the poor, ill, orphans etc. Rather these hoodlums live an extravagant lifestyles and spend their loot on women, booze and fast cars. How are they different from the politicians they are fighting against?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2010
oyb:

i see. . .the state of things in abia is society checking itself, not so ?

i think some people need to have their family members kidnapped - then all these romantic delusions about kidnappers being some sort of scarelet pimpernels will disappear.
so its only Abia that is affected?abi r u in exile? undecided
snowdrops:

So should we all arm ourselves and run into the streets slaughtering the first person in sight?
def not!!d way things r now, we just pray dat we r not d ones affected. . .when armed robbery bagan 2 take its position in d society,every nigerian was praying dat he/she would not be affected,likewise,as kidnapping is taking its position in d society,we should do what we have always done. . .we'll soon get used 2 it just d way we r used 2 reading in d papers how armed robbers attack banks e.t.c
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
so we should basically put up and shut up. no surprises as your "logo" says it all, UNTIL BLOOD IS SPILLED IN NIGERIA NOTHING WILL CHANGE" shocked
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

Kidnappers no longer discriminate when it comes to their victims. These have included few months old babies to 90 plus great grand parents.

The main drive for kidnapping remains seemingly EASY AND QUICK MONEY and nothing else. This money is not given back to the poor, ill, orphans etc. Rather these hoodlums live an extravagant lifestyles and spend their loot on women, booze and fast cars. How are they different from the politicians they are fighting against?
Dat was my point in my early post. . .just d same way armed robbers r running after quick cash,some peeps simply took advantage of d lawless society,2 carve out another way 2 quick success. . .so its just a continuation of what has been. . .
they r not fighting against any politician,rather they r only trying 2 "mimick" what their leaders are doing. . .fast cars,houses,bank accounts,women,booze e.t.c wink
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

so we should basically put up and shut up. no surprises as your "logo" says it all, UNTIL BLOOD IS SPILLED IN NIGERIA NOTHING WILL CHANGE" shocked
LMAO grin grin grin . . .my broda,dat is d only option we have,if we want our country 2 change
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
philip0906:

Dat was my point in my early post. . .just d same way armed robbers r running after quick cash,some peeps simply took advantage of d lawless society,2 carve out another way 2 quick success. . .so its just a continuation of what has been. . .
they r not fighting against any politician,rather they r only trying 2 "mimick" what their leaders are doing. . .fast cars,houses,bank accounts,women,booze e.t.c wink
Exactly. Its the same lawlessness that has allowed the politicians to thrive in corruption.

The truth remains that until the rule of law is enforced strictly without bias or favour the utopia of a crime free/near-free society will remain a mirage.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
Frankly speaking, in my present  mood of bottled anger and bitterness against the maladministration of our leaders, I don't know whether to praise or condemn these kidnappers. All I can say is that when leadership fails, the society checks itself by other means, either formally or informally.

Why are you mentioning Abia State only? Are you a stranger in Nigeria?

so its only Abia that is affected?abi r u in exile?

no offense, but today, going by reports in the media, abia has become nigeria's kidnap state - based on the topmost quote, everything going on there is society checking itself

your "logo" says it all, UNTIL BLOOD IS SPILLED IN NIGERIA NOTHING WILL CHANGE" shocked

i guess the blood in jos, the blood in the frequent religion riots up north, the blood from the pogroms etal does not count
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by ChinenyeN(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
I agree. They should be executed, but not by hanging. Instead, it should be public execution. One bullet. Either. .
1. Directly at the face, in between the brow.
OR. . .
2. The back of the neck. At the base of the skull.

I prefer #2 more though.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Dark1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ topic: All crimes proven beyond doubt should be met with capital punishment, starting from our leaders! lipsrsealed
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

Both the kidnappers and the police men that aid and abet them should all be executed by hanging. They should die slowly and painfully by hanging or lethal injection.
Until a zero tolerance approach is used this menace will not stop.

If you guys use corrupt politician as justification for kidnapping then thats the most sad excuse.
supported !!!
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by jamace(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2010

How do you compare what our politicians are doing with your highlighted statement above?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
oyb
i guess the blood in jos, the blood in the frequent religion riots up north, the blood from the pogroms etal does not count

so what happened in d north is equal 2 a revo? undecided When i say "spill blood" I'm not talking of a meaningless and unjustified cause like what happened in d north. . .Revolution means a radical change in a govt(basic definition).what happened in d north is not a revolution,but a crisis. undecided
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2010
philip0906:

so what happened in d north is equal 2 a revo? undecided When i say "spill blood" I'm not talking of a meaningless and unjustified cause like what happened in d north. . .Revolution means a radical change in a govt(basic definition).what happened in d north is not a revolution,but a crisis. undecided

in the final anaylsis that is what most african "revolutions" are - crisies
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Dark1(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
oyb:

in the final anaylsis that is what most african "revolutions" are - crisies

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! U used most not all, good. If Ghana can do it, we can do it better! cheesy
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
^^^^^^

there was a radical change in governement in ghana? did i miss it?

the people rose and toppled the government?

kabila toppled mobutu seseko
taylor toppled samuel doe
the ruf laid waste to sierra leone
we have the lla in congo

those are african revolutionaries - thats what you're campaigning for, if you don't know
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Dark1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2010
oyb:

^^^^^^

we have the lla in congo

those are african revolutionaries - thats what you're campaigning for, if you don't know

I referenced Ghana not that list of countries you've got up there. Pray tell, what would you call what Rawlings did in Ghana?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
^^

you think a sitting head of state rounding up former leaders and executing them is a revolution  cheesy cheesy  you call that people power

actually, its called a purge - stalin did a lot of that in his time, though iit was of his percieved enemies

we had an administration/junta that tried to do just that idiagbon/buhari

and sadly nigerians were very happy to see them go
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

Whether they kill their victim or not, it is a crime that is causing wide spread panic and insecurity in the country. It threatens the existence of Nigeria and this brutality has to be countered with force it deserves.

Death penalty for kidnappers end of.
No!!!! Dealth penalty should be uzsed for a more gruesome crime.

It is not appropriate for kidnapping. Are you assuming that some more grave crimes like looting, murder, and robbery does not spread panic and insecurity in Nigeria? Are those suspects killed?
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by donugapi(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
I think a few should be killed first then the rest would follow suit
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by ChinenyeN(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It is not appropriate for kidnapping. Are you assuming that some more grave crimes like looting, murder, and robbery does not spread panic and insecurity in Nigeria? Are those suspects killed?
I don't understand why you're winding yourself up like this. No one said that capital pusnishment cannot be used for those, but understand that the topic is specifically about kidnapping. Not kidnapping in relation to other crimes. Just kidnapping, and as such, no one is here to talk about those other crimes. We're just here to say yes/no to the execution of kidnappers. Me, I vote a resounding yes, and I've also offered up preferred ways of going about it.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

how on earth would you consider kidnapping as a lesser crime to looting.invariably,it's like looting a live human being if you dont know and in some cases,the victims get killed.abeg,they should be killed to serve as deterent to others.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I don't understand why you're winding yourself up like this. No one said that capital pusnishment cannot be used for those, but understand that the topic is specifically about kidnapping. Not kidnapping in relation to other crimes. Just kidnapping, and as such, no one is here to talk about those other crimes. We're just here to say yes/no to the execution of kidnappers. Me, I vote a resounding yes, and I've also offered up preferred ways of going about it.
Of course I have to to compare.

The highest level of punishment for kidnapping should lengthy prison term. If harsher crimes out there DONT warrant prison term, why should capital punishment justify kidnapping.

~Bluetooth:

how on earth would you consider kidnapping as a lesser crime to looting.invariably,it's like looting a live human being if you dont know and in some cases,the victims get killed.abeg,they should be killed to serve as deterrent to others.
Many things are directly and indirectly connected to looting. All those money could have helped hungry society, suffering society, education system, economy etc. The #9b that was looted a few weeks ago by a politician could have been used to fix the roads, would have prevented motorcycle accident lol.  Most of these kidnappers are from Aba, heard that one of the kidnapping cases was about a politician being kidnapped and forced to "right" the nation. I dont think that kidnapper deserves a capital sent.

"A witch cries today, a baby dies tomorrow".
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by ChinenyeN(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Of course I have to to compare.

The highest level of punishment for kidnapping should lengthy prison term. If harsher crimes out there DONT warrant prison term, why should capital punishment justify kidnapping.
Okay, then I guess.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I am completely speechless. Do you know that a 6 month old baby had been kidnapped in Nigeria. How more gruesome do you expect a crime to be? Some of the victims have also been murdered. The very first high profile person kidnapped in Benin was killed by his abductors.

Stop being ridiculous and get you facts right, please. Being kidnapped is a really horrible experience not only for the victim but also the family.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by philip0906(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
oyb
^^^^^^

we have the lla in congo

mind u,a revo does not have 2 be a crowd. . .like dat of china,it could be a single person
leading but with support from others
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
snowdrops:

I am completely speechless. Do you know that a 6 month old baby had been kidnapped in Nigeria. How more gruesome do you expect a crime to be? Some of the victims have also been murdered. The very first high profile person kidnapped in Benin was killed by his abductors.

Stop being ridiculous and get you facts right, please. Being kidnapped is a really horrible experience not only for the victim but also the family.
Like I said on my first post, the sentencing should justify the crime. if any victim is killed, then the kidnapper should be given a sentence that levels with his crime. Not all victims are killed. Nigerians are always looking for any reason to take someones life. Capital punishment ko national punishment ni.

My facts are str8. You're acting like I'm asking for the crime to go unpunished.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Like I said on my first post, the sentencing should justify the crime. if any victim is killed, then the kidnapper should be given a sentence that levels with his crime. Not all victims are killed. Nigerians are always looking for any reason to take someones life. Capital punishment ko national punishment ni.

My facts are str8. You're acting like I'm asking for the crime to go unpunished.

i can infer you have got a soft spot for kidnappers hence why are you defending their rights to stay alive?

People are scared for their lives especially in the south south and east. You live your house in the morning and don't know if you would return. What kind of existence is that? Do you reside in the east?

Anybody in the current Nigeria as we know it that forcefully takes an innocent person and demands for a ransom in return as far as i am concerned has forfeited his/her rights to life.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

not all victims are killed abi ? Do you think an arrested kidnapper would tell the presiding judge that he has once committed ? Your arguements are shaky.the fact remains that kidnapping falls under capital offence where murder and armed robbery are categorized,so isolating kidnapping from the list is not a better option.A kidnapper could have kidnapped to kill,so you can say what the motive of such person could be.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

not all victims are killed abi ? Do you think an arrested kidnapper would tell the presiding judge that he has once committed ? Your arguements are shaky.the fact remains that kidnapping falls under capital offence where murder and armed robbery are categorized,so isolating kidnapping from the list is not a better option.A kidnapper could have kidnapped to kill,so you can say what the motive of such person could be.
snowdrops:

i can infer you have got a soft spot for kidnappers hence why are you defending their rights to stay alive?

People are scared for their lives especially in the south south and east. You live your house in the morning and don't know if you would return. What kind of existence is that? Do you reside in the east?

Anybody in the current Nigeria as we know it that forcefully takes an innocent person and demands for a ransom in return as far as i am concerned has forfeited his/her rights to life.

We all have our opinions. I've justified mines and I'm not stepping aside.

Kidnappers should not be killed. Period .
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by AndreUweh(m): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2010
Goverments of Rivers, Abia and Imo states have made kiddnapping offence punitiable by death . Supported.
Already, some kidnappers in Imo and Abia states have been shot dead. More waiting execution.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Goverments of Rivers, Abia and Imo states have made kiddnapping offence punitiable by death . Supported.
Already, some kidnappers in Imo and Abia states have been shot dead. More waiting execution.
Shameful. A woman has lost her child.

For those that did not harm to their victims, I feel that this is unfair.
Re: Should Kidnappers Be Killed by snowdrops(m): 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2010
Andre Uweh:

That is fantastic news. Hopefully more states will follow suit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ’s Facebook Page Attacked For Unfulfilled Promise To Clean-up Zamfara / Just Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Imo Indigene Wannabe / What Is Nigeria Doing About The Tse-tse Flies Called Fulani Herdsmen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.