Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,550 members, 7,770,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:31 AM

Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK (56606 Views)

Woman Ran Away From Bed During A Marathon Sex With Husband - Video / My Boyfriend Does This Shocking Thing During Lovemaking – Girl Reveals / Taiwan Wife Accidentally Bites Off Husband's Testicle During Lovemaking(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by ijustdey: 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2018
'I FELT MY BODY SNAP' Mum, 46, left paralysed after being ‘catapulted’ from super-king bed during sex with partner sues for £1m

The mum-of-four is suing the bed suppliers after claiming the bed was in a 'defective state'

A WOMAN who was left paralysed after being “catapulted” from her super-king bed during sex is suing the bed suppliers for £1m compensation.
Claire Busby suffered a serious spinal injury after she fell from the super king-size double divan whilst changing positions.

The 46-year-old was kneeling in the middle of the bed performing a sex act on her partner when she decided to change positions.

Claire told the High Court this is when the bed gave way and she fell off and landed on her head.

She said: “I spun around, I put my hand down and then I felt like I was catapulted off the back of the bed.

“My head hit the floor, I fell to the side and then I heard like a spring in my body snap, it felt like.”

The mum-of-four claims the bed was in a “defective state” and has taken legal action against the Berkshire Bed Company, trading as Beds Are Uzzz, which supplied it.

The supplier denies any liability for Claire’s injuries and is arguing the bed was properly assembled.

The bed was one of five that were delivered to Claire’s home in Maidenhead, Berks when she was renovating the property in August 2013, the court heard.

Claire told the court she was injured a week after the bed was delivered.

Her sister, Natalie, told the court that she went to the visit her sister after the accident and saw “two feet” were missing from the bed.

However, they pair did not discuss the matter right away because Claire was in such poor health.

She said: “Claire wasn’t in any fit state to be having a conversation, at one point she had two heart attacks in 24 hours.

“It was touch and go whether she was going to make it.”

Claire claims the divans that make up the base of the bed were never properly fastened together and the two “gliders”, or feet, were missing from the end of the bed.

She said this created a height difference between one end of the bed and another.

Her barrister Winston Hunter QC said Claire expected the mattress to support her weight, but it failed to and she continued moving “backwards and downwards”.

He told the court: “It is the claimant’s case that the point at which she left the bed is precisely the location where the different height of the two divans was at its maximum.

“It represented the area where the mattress was most likely to ‘fall away’ due to the fact that it was partially unsupported.”

Lawyers for the bed company argue the bed was properly assembled when it was delivered and even if the two feet had gone missing it still would not have caused Claire to fall off the way she said she did.

Neil Block QC, for the firm, said: “It is overwhelmingly likely that, whatever her actions, they were too close to the edge of the bed and she simply lost balance and toppled backwards.”

The hearing continues.

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/7501270/mum-gofundme-paralysed-sex-session-thrown-from-bed/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by iListen(f): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Na wa o... things dey happen.

35 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Daywalker1: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
I no fit shout

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by boy16(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
undecided

Too much of everything is not good!

see what "snake in the monkey shadow style" has caused.

88 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Daywalker1: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
iListen:
Babe, you be ghost grin grin grin?
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Olowo fowo ra ariwo.

If you know, you know grin

3 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by ExAngel007(f): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2018

She told the court she was kneeling in the middle of the bed performing a sex act when she decided to move position and “swung her legs ” from
underneath her , before laying back on the bed.

At that point , she claims , the bed gave way and she toppled off the end , landing on her head. She said :

“ I spun around, I put my hand down and then I felt like I was catapulted off the back of the bed.

My head hit the floor , I fell to the side and then I heard like a spring in my body snap, it felt like.

hahaha

lawd i can't take this....

9 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by IamD18: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
Sue mattress company?
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hehehe.
The mattress company will surely pay, that's one of the merits or should I say demerits of civilised societies. Lawsuit is just like saying hello. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Harodebby(f): 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
Lol.
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by divinehand2003(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2018
Chai, so the mattress pushed you down and broke your spinal cord abi?

1 Like

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by chisani(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
This one weak me ooo. Anyway minded my business is my hobby.

1 Like

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
grin

Ikwokrikwo

19 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
I trust the company to employ the best lawyers for this case. What kind of stupendous law suit is this?

I'm sure some hardcore hogtied BDSM was at play here.

11 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by berrystunn(m): 12:20am On Oct 17, 2018
Oui
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by ngwababe(f): 12:22am On Oct 17, 2018
Chai
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 17, 2018
lol
iListen:
Abnormal things per se

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Tapout(m): 12:29am On Oct 17, 2018
lol.. which kind position wey she been dey kwanu grin grin grin even people wey dey fall from top of iron bunk that year for sch dey survive the fall.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by adaksbullet: 12:32am On Oct 17, 2018
Weyre cheesy cheesy

O ti shi oko do cheesy cheesy cheesy

U her stilled haved sex In ur age? Shame shame shame undecided

3 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:36am On Oct 17, 2018
Eku dido

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by naijjaman(m): 12:40am On Oct 17, 2018
grin
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Lhimeet(m): 12:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Idokudo.. cheesy

I blame the man that do* her anyhow.
grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by ssikiru: 12:58am On Oct 17, 2018
This type of shii can only happen over there, not here in my country.

I'm already imaging how Nigerians will make her life miserable with their comments lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Hotfreezer: 12:58am On Oct 17, 2018
She was performing monkey style and didn't know what happened.

Help me tell her that the deak hammering her had spring.

1 Like

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by zicoraads: 1:05am On Oct 17, 2018
This are actually places where institutions work. That being said, the case is dead on arrival. grin
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Kaymaxi2222(m): 1:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Lol
Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 17, 2018
White people can sue for anything!!!

It actually shows that their law system are functioning efficiently. Not in Nigeria where you can't sue for murder if you don't have the dough

8 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 17, 2018
Maybe the gorilla handing her got carried away and snapped her chords. You never can tell, you know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 1:21am On Oct 17, 2018
era45522:
USA you welcome
You must really be so dumb for not hooking up with all the sugar mummies and having all the sugar to yourself.

Olodo. You seem too brain-dead to be real.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 17, 2018
She had reached the point of no return before she realised that she was at the edge of the bed..
Such an exercise should be performed with uncommon sense!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Flaunts His Beautiful "Oyinbo" White Girlfriend (pics/video) / Guy Dumps Girlfriend After Taking Her For Shopping.... / Ladies, Can You Date & Go Out With This Kind Of Guy In The Public? (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.