Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army (50251 Views)

IPOB: Emergency Lockdown Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu Appearance In Court Tomorrow / Femi Fani Kayode Did Not React To Nnamdi Kanu's Appearance...pics / Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by bettercreature(m): 6:31am On Oct 21, 2018
Wonders, as they say, shall never end in Nigeria. I am so ashamed of myself. So much so that I feel like disappearing from the surface of the earth upon watching the video of the “almighty Nnamdi Kanu” of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) praying in Jerusalem for misleading our people and absconding with his ill-gotten wealth. These are indeed lessons to be learned when we wipe up unnecessary sentiments in the polity. And also a reminder to us as a people that we should take our time to study the motives and actions of individuals masquerading themselves as religious and ethnic champions.

The Nnamdi Kanu’s case was quite an unfortunate episode when one realized how he deceived many people into believing he is the messiah they have been waiting for. He became a nuisance, and he is still one, and he gave out himself, not only as an ethnic champion, but he also arrogated himself a spiritual role in the lives of some members of the unsuspecting public.

In truth, I was one of those that fell for his gimmick. I recall that I rose stoutly in his defense when it was speculated that he had either been killed or whisked away by the Nigeria Army when it launched Operation Python Dance to curtail the excesses of armed groups and other vices in South East Nigeria. But little did I know that the so-called progenitor of the now proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) had perfected plans and indeed fled the country. So many questions are begging for answers in my head. And one of them is why he choose the dishonorable path of running away and leaving the people he was leading to their fate?

I am also hurt that his cowardly act left our people in sorrow and pains. He used them to enrich himself and family, and when the time came for him to stand for his people, he fled. What a shame. At this point, it would suffice to state that I indeed owe the Chief of Army Staff, and by extension the Nigeria Army an unreserved apology for my unwarranted and unverified vent of ignorance when it was speculated that Nnamdi Kanu had been whisked away. I also believe that other social commentators that also fell victim of Nnamdi Kanu gimmick and labeled the Nigeria Army in derogatory terms should also tender their unreserved apologies. Why this is necessary, you might want to ask.

It is essential because once upon a time, a certain man named Nnamdi Kanu instigated a national crisis that threatened the continued existence of Nigeria. He allegedly sought and received financial gratification from individuals, groups, and even countries that were against the progress of Nigeria. And only for him to flee. And that in itself caused a national crisis when various groups started a campaign of defamation against the Nigerian Army.I recall that the President General of Afaraukwu, his autonomous community, Chief Ikechukwu Nwabueze, revealed the community’s resolve to sue the Federal Government if they fail to produce their son, Nnamdi Kanu. If this is not the height of deceit and mischief, I do not know what to call it. I do hope he is ready to pay any sum that will be required by the Federal Government as compensation for blackmail.
It didn’t end there, a team of IPOB lawyers, led by Mr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor, filed a suit before the Federal High Court in Abuja praying for an order directing the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, to produce Kanu in court. Because, Kanu was last seen after soldiers invaded the IPOB leaders house in Afara-ukwu Ibeku, Umuahia Abia State, “on a murderous raid, where life and mortar bullets were fired on an unarmed and defenseless populace, leaving 28 persons dead and abducting many”. If this is not the height of deceit, then what else is it?

Also worrisome was the fact that the hypocrisy of IPOB was taken too far and it came with consequences, such that would affect the sincerity of purpose on the people of the South East in the marginalization debate in the future.I say this because even with the knowledge of the promoters of IPOB that their leader had fled, they still went ahead to issue a statement indicating that the federal government may have killed Nnamdi Kanu. The statement at the time read that “IPOB and its leadership worldwide under the command and leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu wish to bring to the notice of the whole world that the whereabouts of our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and parents are still unknown to humanity since the attack in his compound last week. IPOB have been searching for our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and parents nowhere to be found since last week; we are challenging the Nigerian army and police to produce our leader Mazi Nnamdi since it is a prerogative right for him to make statement inform his confidants and teeming members all over the world about his condition.” This was the height of hypocrisy

I now wonder what the next line of action would be for IPOB and its promoters since their leader had resurfaced in Jerusalem instead of one of the detention camps of the Nigeria Army. Would they bury their heads in shame? Would they issue an unreserved apology to their unsuspecting followers whom they had deceived into believing in a cause that had turned out to be a scam? All of these are questions that must be answered if we are sincere with our selves.

Those that also stood as surety for him also lied under oath that the Nigerian Army had Nnamdi Kanu in its custody. They have committed perjury, and the law must take its cause in my opinion. There is also a new dimension to the whole saga with the fact that he was sighted in Israel after committing crimes against the state in Nigeria. What does that tell us? Does it explain the claims by regional neighbors that Israel trains, arms, and backs terrorists? This is a topic for another day.

With the unfolding drama, it is now evident that the agitation by IPOB was just a smokescreen to exploit his people. There was no iota of truth in all of his public posturing other than the fact that he saw an avenue to enrich himself and he took advantage of it. I am sure those South East leaders and elders under the umbrella of Ohaneze Ndigbo, that fell victim for his gimmick would be hiding their faces as it stands. But even as they do that, I think they should apologize to the Nigerian government, the Chief of Army Staff, and the Nigeria Army for the ignorant campaign of calumny it launched.

Mbani is a public affairs commentator and President of the South East Renewal Group [SERG]
https://leadership.ng/2018/10/20/nnamdi-kanus-appearance-and-my-apology-to-the-nigerian-army/

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Jonadull: 6:42am On Oct 21, 2018
Ojukwu led 3 million igbos to their death.
Kanu is trying so hard to beat Ojukwu’s record by leading not less that 3 million igbos to their death again...
cheesy

352 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 21, 2018
Apologies for the number of people they killed during the attack on his father's compound or what??

Tell us who you are joor

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Iruobean(m): 6:59am On Oct 21, 2018
You story is too long. Pls summarize it.

Remember, he who fight and run away no be fear make am run. He will come back and fight again.

God bless Nigeria.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by ictjobber: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2018
Cownu the coward

All these while he has bin free and he didn't even bother to contact his people..

Cownu the Betrayal

I wonder how he is going to justify his actions

See my signature for the shock of your life

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by akeentech(m): 6:59am On Oct 21, 2018
ictjobber:
Cownu the coward

And you call yourself a blogger, bad of you

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by magoo10(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2018
Rubbish write up coming from those who wished ohammadike dead.

If this writer was sensible enough he ought to have used this time to condemn the Nigeria soldiers who shot at unharmed freedom fighters.

Long live nnamdi kanu as we await his word press statement.

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Pekele007: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2018
This one should spare us this bullshits. What will his apology fetch? Can this efulefu even think How did NK escape? Who is even the faceless writer?

Nnamdi Kanu and his parent were at home the morning the Nigerian Army surrounded his father's palace so there was no way he could have escaped.

Buhari and the Nigeria Army decided to keep him and his father somewhere till election time so as to cause voters apathy in South East.

It's obvious Iberibe Mbani is myopic and the same time daft for him not to see through this. Let's all wait for NK broadcast this evening to know the whole truth.

More of this trash is expected to cause confusion in South East and Nigeria as a whole......I stand with Atiku/Obi 2019

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by LordGuru: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by YoungLionken(m): 7:01am On Oct 21, 2018
Another APCheat detected, alot of people live a life of hypocrisy in Nigeria, either to gain favour, wealth, appointment/employment, cheap fame, to mention a few... Lemme tell you something Mr icannotbedeceived, if you think you would gain something from PMB, my brother you had better think twice. Atimes I just laff when people think say PMB na better person. They don't knowundecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2018
How can one man take a whole tribe for a ride like this?

Kanu left Nigeria with the help of the Federal Govt.

Thats why he was able to escape from his father's compound that was under siege by the army with his family members.

That's why he could leave Nigerian borders without custom or immigration flagging him down

That's why the FG has until today never put him or family members on Interpol watchlist.

41 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by BruncleZuma: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by chillychill(f): 7:01am On Oct 21, 2018
Majority of igbo youths especially IPOB remnants said they don't want one Nigeria, but stylishly preferred fayose n want Adeleke to win in ekiti and Osun respectively . They said they are tired of Fulani Muslim ruling in Nigeria but they want Atiku to win 2019 presidential election.

Nnamdi Kanu said if a Yoruba man and snake enter your house,first kill the Yoruba man before killing the snake. After he (Nnamdi Kanu) was granted bail from prison, he first visited Fani Kayode and had dinner with him "a Yoruba man" he advised us to hate with passion.

Peter Obi said APGA was the last hope of an Igbo man,in 2015 he left APGA(nkea bu nkeanyi) "our last hope" and jumped into PDP. I would have love to go on and on.
But ndigbo who did this to u pple?

Why have u chosen to swim in confusion, religion and ethnic bigotry?

May God open your eyes to see that the real enemy of ndigbo are not in North, South West or the south south.

The real enemy of ndigbo is your political leaders that are from the south east.
Yorubas would say "kokoro ti n je fo ndi efo lo wa"

183 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by hucienda: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2018
One thing is certain:

It is either Nnamdi Kanu escaped or he was caught and 'settled' by the FG.

The unfortunate thing are those his followers who were needlessly and brutally killed by the Nigerian Army during the invasion of his residence while their leader who egged them on is alive.

The lesson in all this is people should search for wisdom in all their dealings for she is indeed profitable to direct.

17 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by onlineguruland: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
what I know is that Kanu is better than buhari

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by kaen1317: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
Like Ojukwu like Nnamdi. When the chips are down they take off and leave their to die

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
Kanu is a bastard, a fool.

His love for money will kill him.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by MRAKBEE(m): 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
Who is gonna apologize for those killings during the raid?
do u know how many innocent men and women lost their lives?
Go and sit down Oga.
U don't know whatsup.
Who hired you to write this tale?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by mynaijadj(m): 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
KAN U believe it?

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by ictjobber: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
akeentech:

And you call yourself a blogger, bad of you

..What has "calling a spade a spade' got to do with been a blogger? Oga i put it to you that you have no sense whatsoever.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by stinechykee: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
See them they have started rearing their ugly head looking for shallow brain like Yoruba's they will deceive with their tales by noon light write up but definitely not Igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 21, 2018
If buhari was a better leader devoid of nepotism, kanu would not have gotten the attention he did.

Although this article is just trash and lack empathy on the dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by buhariguy(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2018
OK
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Sirmuel1(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2018
Its such a painful thing. I feel for the ignorant ones that were killed in the process. Nnamdi Kanu is a crook!

17 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2018
sad
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by BabyApple(m): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2018
Kanu to sharp n tie. Omo mi ja pa.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:05am On Oct 21, 2018
That Kanu guy is something else.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by vedaxcool(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2018
cheesy Cownu apperance is a great blessing, Fagni Kayode says they are Gaytikulating together, Atiku and his gang of criminals would simplybe shown to as parties supportng the destruction of Nigeria, Atiku will be exposed as an Israeli agent, and then his standing in the North will further diminish, this fools don't know what they hav gotten themselves into, remeber a mosque was burnt by goons of Cownu in Aba. He slandered Northerners and Fulanis, now the elections has cast the traitors of Nigeria and haters of Nigeria. grin grin grin grin

It is a lose lose proposition for ipob goons and their hateful form of politics

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by oglalasioux(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu; the greatest fraud ever liveth. Igbos will see how this guy will be paid to start his useless 'no referendum no election' that will make the south east people not to vote thereby giving Buhari a smooth sail into second tenure.

19 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Appearance And My Apology To The Nigerian Army by NobleAjare(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2018
So he should stay and get killed by the blood thirsty Buhari boys abii?
Una try well well

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Biden Takes Selfie With Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At G20 Summit (Photos) / FG To Matawalle: We Own The Gold Deposits In Zamfara- PICTURES & VIDEO / Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.