Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

I Live In Lekki - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Live In Lekki (17842 Views)

Policemen, Families Live In Danger Of Barracks’ Collapse (photo) / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? / Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Live In Lekki by spikedcylinder: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
I got this from a forwarded mail.

This is not to say every house in Lekki is like this. Don't be discouraged please,  Just be a little bit more careful in your choice of area.
Please read this reality show
Living in Lekki is not always to be envied
I live in Lekki amongst the "Big boys" and I pay so much. If you hear the amount I pay as rent, you will not believe that ordinary rainfall will cause me this pain even with the money I am paying as rent. Who is to be blamed?

Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
What's it all about, Spike? undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by spikedcylinder: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
Can you see the pictures? I was just notified that the pictures can't be seen. Trynna edit. Sorry.
Re: I Live In Lekki by asha80(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2010
There is a reason for a well articulated master plan for a town or city and 100% adherence to the plan.
Re: I Live In Lekki by kokoye(m): 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2010
Na wah o. I'm thinking people should reinforce the design, build and sale of canoes for the Lagos rich n famous. Job creation of course.

Canoes large enough to transport benz cars.

Realtors should also throw in rubbers boots / sandals along with the sales and leases of lekki 'palaces'
Re: I Live In Lekki by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
Wow that guy must have incurred huge losses.
does naija have renters insurance?
Re: I Live In Lekki by WAVixen: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2010
kai, and Bongo (Nigeria) no be place wey person go claim any insurance, a similar fate befell a pal at Ajah last year. This is pathetic!!!!! Everything will come out of pocket now.  Pictures cant be seen ke? its all over the net!!!!
Re: I Live In Lekki by abhosts(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2010
I live in Lekki and would choose Lekki over anywhere in Nigeria (Probably except Ikoyi) any day, anytime. Those pictures are not new. That house is situated in a poorly developed neighborhood in Ajah.
Re: I Live In Lekki by browncocos(f): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2010
damn!
thats some serious loss right there
pray tell,how many days abi weeks did it rain for to cause this kind of catastrophe?
Re: I Live In Lekki by matiltomd(f): 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
Lekki is off it for me, I'd rather live in Yaba;Sabo (anywhere around Domino Stores) or Tajudeen Olanrewaju Estate. These areas are quite at the central;you can easily get to the Island and Ikeja without swimming, Funny enough,Fashola has transformed that area to 'little London' with the roads,street light and all. I think some people live or are living in Lekki all cause they want to come across as classy or rich (at their discomfort),
Re: I Live In Lekki by Ibomade1: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
Chineke mee !!!. My heart goes out to this fella because insurance people will be dragging their legs as if they guy was behind the whole shibang.  But Yes I still don't mind living in Lekki[b] in a boat house sha[/b]
Re: I Live In Lekki by THEAMAKA(f): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
WOW! looks like Katrina or something.
they say VI, and Lekki are very prone to floods. don't know how true that is though.
Re: I Live In Lekki by okenwa(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2010
oh boy,sorr for d miss-hap
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
@Amaka
O gi no na picture ahu?
Re: I Live In Lekki by browncocos(f): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^ lol @ BOAT HOUSE
in ur dreams right? grin
Re: I Live In Lekki by Confusion: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
Pls dont mind them
it is photoshop.
That is my house and there is nothing like flood in it
PLs  come and live in lekki
im short i wantto move out to a bigger apartment in lekki
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2010
browncocos:

^^^^ lol @ BOAT HOUSE
in your dreams right? grin
My dreams how?
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
Confusion:

Pls dont mind them
it is photoshop.

Those pictures were in a national daily or even Sahara some days ago. It is not photoshop.
Re: I Live In Lekki by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
thank god ma sis and her husband didnt buy a property at lekki, instead they opted for the one in VGC.  i think VGC is the coolest place to live in lagos. the master plan there is superb and the road network is well structured. VGC is da BOMB! wink

1 Like

Re: I Live In Lekki by THEAMAKA(f): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
agabaI23:

@Amaka
O gi no na picture ahu?
I have no idea what you said, but i saw the word "picture" and No, its not my picture.
i said "she" in the caption, not "I" lol

THE AMAKA:

WOW! looks like Katrina or something.
they say VI, and Lekki are very prone to floods. don't know how true that is though.

Re: I Live In Lekki by Agbo2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2010
Sorry for the loss,
I hope your losses are covered?
Re: I Live In Lekki by agabaI23(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I have no idea what you said, but i saw the word "picture" and No, its not my picture.
i said "she" in the caption, not "I" lol

People can still refer to themselves with a second person pronoun at times. Not bad! Who is she BTW?
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hmmn, na wah oh.
The owner would practically be swimming in his own house.
This problem of flooding in Lagos. Hope we get to see an end someday.
Re: I Live In Lekki by mamagee3(f): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2010
agabaI23:

People can still refer to themselves with a second person pronoun at times. Not bad! Who is she BTW?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2010
a lesson i learnt in secondary school

NEVER BUY A PROPERTY IN THE DRY SEASON

it is during the rainy season you will know about all the holes bad drainage etal
Re: I Live In Lekki by THEAMAKA(f): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
agabaI23:

not me, if i were talking about me i would have said so.
she is Susan Peters, a Nollywood actress.

now back to topic.
Re: I Live In Lekki by Igwe9(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
hmm, what an unfortunate incident. The word of God is our strength.
Re: I Live In Lekki by browncocos(f): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
its not photoshopped
look in the water,did they photo shop the shadows too?
Re: I Live In Lekki by browncocos(f): 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
agabaI23:

My dreams how?

hmm never mind!
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
[b]This could happen anywhere close to water with no gutters and poor planning.
When building in a water-lodged area, consideration should be given to the water; and the DPC (Damp Proof Course) should be extended as high as 4 to 5 feet.
The 2nd picture above showed that there was little or no DPC, if this property was lavished with even a poor 2 feet DPC, this would never happen to it, irregardless if theres a drainage system around.
The property is a total waste for now, because the owner either employed those hungry engineers who likes to kiss butt and who doesnt care about anything but getting his pay and building whatever the owner wants.
I am also passing a message out to a fellow nairalander who called me recently and whose site I inspected in Eleko, your so called security guy I met there smartly asked my professional opinion so he could build the place stealing my idea, well I intentionally gave him a very wrong idea and if he builds for you, the house in the picture above would be nice compared with yours. He is not a builder, hes just an omo-onile and the fact he wears a boot and safely cap doesnt mean he knows anything.
We should employ the right people, and stop interfering with professionals and get their candid opinions. Its hard to get money, but somethings cant be economized.
[/b]
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
Confusion:

Pls dont mind them
it is photoshop.

You're totally right. Even Katrina's picture that has been littered all over the forum has been photoshopped.

You're really confused.
Re: I Live In Lekki by snowdrops(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
This sends a stern and clear message to anyone living in or intending to live in the towns and places on and around the coast line of Lagos and other states in Nigeria. It is no longer safe. Nigeria has non-existent flood protection.

You better start selling your properties at least while they are still valuable. Because in 10 to 20 yrs time, you might be under water.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? / Royalty,this Is Royalty Facing The Express Beside Alaro City Epe+2349030188831 / Tips For Living On Your Own For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.