Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,119 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Live In Lekki - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Live In Lekki (17866 Views)

Policemen, Families Live In Danger Of Barracks’ Collapse (photo) / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? / Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Live In Lekki by Ranoscky(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2010
@Oluagness

shey u dey mind dat baked a$$ nigro?
Re: I Live In Lekki by madamL(f): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2010
I hope all of us that are rushing land around Lekki, Ajah and such areas are seeing this
Re: I Live In Lekki by lawuyi(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2010
Daaaaaamn, no b small thing o! To be honest i dunno why everyone's rushing to Lekki and the Ajah area, water issues plus road and traffic issues are waaay too major for me to take lightly, and i don;t see it improving short term
like someone said before i'd do the decent parts of yaba, sabo or even ebute metta first, undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by lagoshost(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2010
This is bad, hope people are seeing this!
Re: I Live In Lekki by tpiah: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

BTW, are any of these homes getting recognized by their insurance companies? Or are you trying to imply that none of those homes have insurance? And did any of those furnitures [such as couch, fridge, TV] come with insurance?

Its easy to say that there are insurance companies in Nigeria. But are they stable in their function?

can you reread your questions, then try to imagine someone asking you the same about florida?

Ileke-IdI:

I'm DEAD serious.

Anywaz, nevermind before some of the weakminded dolts on here start accusing me of being snobby undecided

you call it snobby, they or we call it . . . . . . .

you have a lot to learn about yoruba mindset sha . . . . . . . . .    luckily you're not in nigeria   . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: I Live In Lekki by agbobuchi: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
Now the futur FTZ area will be the futur APAPA with the new rafinery.
Heavy truck will pass daily ELEKO toll gate
more 5000 workers only for the raffinery.
Odor Gaz flare will rejected everyday.
His also very good idea but the futur resident
must be aware of futur desagrement
Just my opinion and take note.
Re: I Live In Lekki by zaliya(f): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
EEyah!!!  sad  sad
MARINE TRANSGRESSION AND REGRESSION

Geologically speaking, Lekki is below Sea Level, soon it would become fully submerged and probably be a reference for geologists.

You cannot stop nature from playing its role. The sea-level is beginning to rise relative to the land.

All those living in Lekki, pls be warned and those planning to buy lands there, pls think twice. Imagine how Lekki would be in the next 5-10 years,
Re: I Live In Lekki by MrC0rk: 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
Dyammmm, thats my freaking house, wha the hell??
Re: I Live In Lekki by shawdon(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2010
I witness similiar situation once in Ajah,

I no really pity the people there cause they were aware that the place is prone to flood
Re: I Live In Lekki by sjeezy8: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2010
zaliya:

EEyah!!! sad sad
MARINE TRANSGRESSION AND REGRESSION

Geologically speaking, Lekki is below Sea Level, soon it would become fully submerged and probably be a reference for geologists.

You cannot stop nature from playing its role. The sea-level is beginning to rise relative to the land.

All those living in Lekki, pls be warned and those planning to buy lands there, pls think twice. Imagine how Lekki would be in the next 5-10 years,

If lekki is below sea level what you think the whole ND is?
Re: I Live In Lekki by THEAMAKA(f): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

irrelevant.
doesn't matter, she was specifically talking about Lekki.
people are moving there in droves. . . so.
Re: I Live In Lekki by chuqudy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2010
Re: I Live In Lekki by reindeer: 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2010
It is true!
Visited a family friend at Augustine Alozie street in lekki phase one last month and it was a terrible swim to get to the house, so bad i wondered why people pay so much to buy lands and houses there.
I mean many houses there are more expensive than those in london and yet you negotiate through terrible traffic and endure sub-par amenities it baffles me about Nigeria. undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by efoshizzle: 1:10am On Jul 21, 2010
That's lagos, not just Lekki. I live waaaaaaay on the otherside of the world, from lekki-in Lagos though-and i've experienced worse, heck, i'm still experiencing! So, it's not really perculiar to Lekki; just do the right thing with the planning et al, and you'll be good.

Over here, plan all u want, your house is still going to get flooded, and your roads turned into mini oceans.

'nuff said.
Re: I Live In Lekki by MORANOCEE(m): 1:17am On Jul 21, 2010
Lekki is a mess! my office is in phase one and i know how i swim almost everyday to the office due to flood and it irritates.The HITECH construction company guys also adds pepper to their injury by demolishing culverts without erecting new ones till date.Lekki stinks,but people still ride on with the name.For me,Ikeja would always remain my best abode anyday!
Re: I Live In Lekki by whiteroses(f): 2:42am On Jul 21, 2010
lawuyi:

Daaaaaamn, no b small thing o! To be honest i dunno why everyone's rushing to Lekki and the Ajah area, water issues plus road and traffic issues are waaay too major for me to take lightly, and i don;t see it improving short term
like someone said before i'd do the decent parts of yaba, sabo or even ebute metta first,  undecided
ilu awon maami, no oh ebutte metta is not an option truss me lol i'd rather move to ibadan
Re: I Live In Lekki by stormm: 11:45am On Jul 21, 2010
@ chuqudy

Your fingers don freeze? answer the man now. Is flooding not even better than the earthquake in the east?
chuqudy:

my brother, Nigeria jagarajagara
Re: I Live In Lekki by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2010
stormm:

@ chuqudy

Your fingers don freeze? answer the man now. Is flooding not even better than the earthquake in the east?
My thought exactly grin cheesy

tpiah:

can you reread your questions, then try to imagine someone asking you the same about florida?

you call it snobby, they or we call it . . . . . . .

you have a lot to learn about yoruba mindset sha . . . . . . . . .    luckily you're not in nigeria   . . . . . . . . . . . .

Has nothing to do with anything. I do liver amongst Yorubas, you know undecided
Re: I Live In Lekki by chuqudy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2010
stormm:

@ chuqudy

Who is sure that the place is Aba. It might be somewhere around that Lagos Benin road.
Re: I Live In Lekki by liftedone(f): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
The house in question is located behind Femi Okunnu Estate at the Jakande Roundabout. It's not in Lekki Phase 1. There are clear guidelines for building houses in this axis but in an attempt to cut corners many landlords ignore these guidelines. The house is not the only house in that location that has this problem. The road is way higher than many of the houses and in particular this house. One of the other houses I saw there has the ground floor almost completely submerged by water and the owner still wants to rent out the other two floors, it's pathetic. Without mincing words, I and my colleagues that went to inspect the property told him that the whole house has to be brought down and a new house built. I cannot even imagine my enemy living in that place. The whole thing can just crumble one day having been weakened by water.

Having said that, there seems to be an attempt to discredit everything Lekki in this thread. I remember when it rained sometime in July of 2008 and there was flash flooding in Yaba. Most people living there were taken unawares and had to contend with the fallout of the rain of that particular day which flooded many houses.

What we see in Lekki in terms of bad roads is symptomatic of what obtains in most parts of Lagos.
Re: I Live In Lekki by chuqudy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ranoscky:

@Oluagness

shey u dey mind dat baked a$$ nigro?

Ibu ewu.
Re: I Live In Lekki by kenuoyibo(m): 3:13am On Jul 22, 2010
very pathetic. what do expect when u live on a low altitude?
Re: I Live In Lekki by zaliya(f): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2010

@sjeezy8

NigerDelta is a Delta formed when rivers flow into a body of water. The beach we see in Lagos today is as result of Niger Delta

Lekki is not a Delta yet its flooded.

If u live in Lekki, run for your dear life and move into the mainland. The only thing connecting Lekki to the Mainland is the 3rd Mainland bridge, and other bridges ooooo. what if,
Re: I Live In Lekki by debosky(m): 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
zaliya:

NigerDelta is a Delta formed when rivers flow into a body of water. The beach we see in Lagos today is as result of Niger Delta

Can you stop making baseless claims? Lagos beaches are not related to the Delta in any way - they are formed as a result of weathering processes by the Atlantic Ocean and the rivers - Ogun, Osun and the likes that discharge into the Atlantic through Lagos.
Re: I Live In Lekki by tpiah: 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
liftedone:

The house in question is located behind Femi Okunnu Estate at the Jakande Roundabout. It's not in Lekki Phase 1. There are clear guidelines for building houses in this axis but in an attempt to cut corners many landlords ignore these guidelines. The house is not the only house in that location that has this problem. The road is way higher than many of the houses and in particular this house. One of the other houses I saw there has the ground floor almost completely submerged by water and the owner still wants to rent out the other two floors, it's pathetic. Without mincing words, I and my colleagues that went to inspect the property told him that the whole house has to be brought down and a new house built. I cannot even imagine my enemy living in that place. The whole thing can just crumble one day having been weakened by water.

Having said that, there seems to be an attempt to discredit everything Lekki in this thread. I remember when it rained sometime in July of 2008 and there was flash flooding in Yaba. Most people living there were taken unawares and had to contend with the fallout of the rain of that particular day which flooded many houses.

What we see in Lekki in terms of bad roads is symptomatic of what obtains in most parts of Lagos.

it's ignorance that makes people utter ignorant statements.

the entire ground floor isnt supposed to be occupied at all, ideally. and since its in a flood zone.

but being nigeria. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: I Live In Lekki by tpiah: 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
zaliya:

are you dreaming?
Re: I Live In Lekki by sley4life(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2010
Y not. even if u live in a desert u can still xperience such
Re: I Live In Lekki by Habitat: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2011
Wdat do you guys think of Beechwood Estate Lekki with regards to flooding ?
Re: I Live In Lekki by Chekitaut: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
serious matter here ooo
Re: I Live In Lekki by segcymoor(m): 10:30am On Sep 14, 2014
Habitat: Wdat do you guys think of Beechwood Estate Lekki with regards to flooding ?
Absolutely safe from flood. The major problem about this particular building is that it is not rightly done.
- it's either foundation badly done or the building is going through serious settlement.
Another issues in lekki ajah axis is lack of drainage in many places.
Beechwood Estate is not really in lekki but rather in ibeju lekki. Virtually all that end is dry land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Sacrifices Are You Taking Or Took To Build Your Own House? / Tips For Living On Your Own For The First Time / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kaduna, over 50 trapped.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.