Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,588 members, 7,850,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:49 AM

9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents (29667 Views)

What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? / How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online / What To Do When Your Partner’s Parents Don’t Like You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by princfred(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
otomori:
embarassed

Chai chisos, chisos. Which kind life be this? the first time I am Coasting someone on nairaland. What's the best way to Commit suicide please

Lol. Sorry na. You try shah just play to another. #e-patsontheback
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by princfred(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oga just say you wan fvck and stop doing Shakespeare here abeg grin
Chai .... grin cheesy
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by princfred(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
cronsberg:
There is only one thing that comes to mind and the thing is, only ten rules to make almighty God happy, only 9 rules to make your partner's parents happy, only 3 rules to make a man happy. But to make a woman happy or fall in love or to woo her, you will start seeing 20 things to do to make your babe happy, 30 steps involved in wooing a woman, 50 steps to follow to make a girl fall in love with u etc what da hellll sef, why is it that its a woman more than anything else that is more likely to make a man suffer, more likely to kill a man through high bp and frustration and food poisoning, women are more likely to make a man poor than anything else. All because she has a veginer between her legs? I refuse jor. Brothels dey, mastubatioon dey, even sexx doll dey, nija ladies, go and find someone else to kill or frustrate, not me
Heehee Father!
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
princfred:
Chai .... grin cheesy
no mind am
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
234GT:

No matter how rich I become, I will never have housemaids.
There is a level a mother-in-law would be that you wont even be able to imagine buying her a car.
Na because u nv get d money ...We shall see. lol
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by WizJesus007(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
#2 and #7 funny die...wic kind aquatic animal go visit his anticipatin inlawa drunk..!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by wealthtrak: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
24hoursreporter:
Meeting your partner’s parents is a major step in your relationship, thus creating a good first impression is something you must do. As intimidating as meeting your partner’s parents can be, you still need to comport yourself.

The first impression you create when dealing with your potential in-laws can be a lasting impression. So, as you are meeting your soulmate’s parents, below are some of the things you should know.

9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents

#1. Reduce Public Display Of Affection

When you are visiting your partner’s parents for the first time, you need to reduce the public display of affection. You don’t need to kiss her in the presence of her parents to show that you love her.

Trust African parents, the way they will look at you will definitely send a message. So, be moderate in displaying your affection for your partner, when you are with his/her parents.

#2. Try Not To Be Drunk When You Are Meeting Them

No matter how addicted you are to alcohol, try to be clean when you are meeting your soulmate’s parents. Try to be in your right senses and stay away from anything that will intoxicate you including alcohol.

#3. Don’t Discuss Controversial Topics Like Sex, Politics or Religion

Discussing topics like sex, religion or politics can ruin everything in your Partner’s parents home. It is always better to stay off controversial topics to be on the safer side.

For instance, your Partner’s dad may be an ardent supporter of Buhari and the atmosphere will be tense if you pledge your support for Atiku in his house. You see why it is not advisable to discuss politics.

#4. Don’t Lie Or Exaggerate To Impress Them

One of the things to know when meeting your partners’ parents is not to lie or exaggerate to impress them. Be real and don’t be fake as the truth will always be exposed.

After all, when the wind blows, the anus of the hen will be open. So, be plain and allow them to accept you the way you are.

#5. Don’t Press Your Phone When You Are With Them

It is a sign of disrespect to be pressing your phones and chatting while meeting your partner’s parents for the first time. You can always press the pone later, but when you are with them, comport yourself.

#6. Don’t Tell Inappropriate, Sexually Or Religious Insensitive Jokes

You may want to sound funny and jovial but tell rational jokes. As a matter of fact, try to refrain from inappropriate, sexually or religious insensitive jokes. This may create a very wrong impression about you.

#7. Offer To Help Them With House Chores

Ladies, you really need to drop your slay queen behavior when you are with your man’s parents. In fact, you have to behave like a wife material and prove to them that you are the right person for their son.

Offer to assist with the cooking or help wash the dishes in the kitchen. Little gesture like this can create a lasting impression.

#8. Dress Smart

You need to look good and smart when you are meeting your partner’s parents for the first time. It goes a long way to say a lot about you. So, dress smartly as you will definitely be addressed the way you dressed.

#9. Don’t Be Completely Quiet

Try not to be bored; you can bring up an interesting conversation provided the topic is not controversial.

Souce: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/11/21/9-things-to-know-when-meeting-your-partners-parents/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified / Help.. My Ex Never Stops Calling Me / Couple Who Met In Primary School Set To Wed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.