Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,788 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio (45479 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo: I Did Not Defect From APC, I resigned / I Did Not Defect To PDP – Adamu / 2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Racoon(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
Former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has clarified that he did not defect to the All Progressives Congress, APC, but only moved to the party.Akpabio said he was surprised that the same people who founded the ruling party were the ones pulling it down.

The former Governor, who represents Akwa Ibom North-West at the National Assembly, told Vanguard that the same people were determined to ruin the party to bring down the government of President Muhammadu Buhari just because of their selfish interests.

Asked why he defected to the APC, Akpabio sais, “I did not defect, I moved to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the national interest especially if you look at what is happening at the national level.

“I was surprised that people who founded the APC were the same people determined to ruin that party, to bring down the government of President Buhari just because election is approaching, so that they could go and contest under another platform.

“I felt there is need for us to have a country before we talk about elections. People say statesmen think about the next generation while politicians think of the next election.

“I saw a trend where a lot of us are now becoming politicians thinking only of the next election without thinking of the next generation.“I moved in the national interest, to stabilize the polity and in order to support the current administration.

“And I thin that, to a large extent, my intention was achieved and so it was referred to as ‘uncommon defection’ because it was one defection that stopped a lot of defections.

“I was not thinking whether I will win election in 2019 when I was moving because, at that time, my state was totally PDP; when I moved, people were shocked but today, less than two months after, the entire state, 98%, has turned APC.”

Speaking further on the forthcoming general election, the former governor said there will be no war in the country and added that only people who want war will see war.

He said, “There will be no war in Nigeria in 2019, people should not think of election as war. Election should not be war
“I appreciate that question because recently I made a statement which I love to make.“I said, ‘Warsaw saw war’ because the political leadership in PDP in Akwa Ibom had said that the current administration should recruit people and prepare for war, that 2019 will be war and that only the fittest would survive.

“So, the youths and some elders of the APC met me to say that people are calling for war.“And I told them that people calling for war have never seen war and that, in those days, even when the worst enemies of mankind, Hitler, went to Poland which capital is Warsaw to wage war, he thought it was going to be a cheap thing but it wasn’t.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/11/25/2019-not-defect-apc-senator-akpabio/amp/

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Racoon(m): 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
Asked why he defected to the APC, Akpabio sais, “I did not defect, I moved to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the national interest especially if you look at what is happening at the national level.

"National interest"? Guess it's not to help a corrupt government including your corrupt self to fight corruption as you earlier alleged? angry angry

So Abeg what is the difference between "defection" and "move"? And why didn't you correct it when Oshiomole called you the "uncommon defector" This fool thinks everyone is a zombie.

171 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by izzou(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
angry

Just look at the people we are killing and insulting ourselves for

Tomorrow, if he defects moves to PDP, the same eediots insulting him, will hail him

Who did this to us sef? angry

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by gaby(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
APC obviously defected to him.

What a colossal political entity.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Masama: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Joker

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Firgemachar: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Confusion... grin

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by sunnymix: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2018
izzou:
angry

Just look at the people we are killing and insulting ourselves for

Tomorrow, if he defects moves to PDP, the same eediots insulting him, will hail him

Who did this to us sef? angry
abi o.
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by tempest01(m): 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2018
So Akpabios Senate president interest is now national interest?

13 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Ketaokeipheoma: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2018
Racoon:
[/b]

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/11/25/2019-not-defect-apc-senator-akpabio/amp/
that is to say he decamp not defect or he port meaning he went their for reason not that he is totally out from pdp,bt we all why his like moves their camp to apc jst to come saint like obanikoro,amaechi,t.sylva,orji kalu them

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Blackfire(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
Aaaaaaah .

*Opens my mouth*

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by jayson87: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Akpabio is a clown. National Interest

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
A nigga once said:don't blame the politician,i blame the supporters..."Akpabio defect to apc"

supporters:PDP IS A USELESS PARTY..

same akpabio defect to pdp...

same supporters:AKPABIO HAS THE INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE THAT IS WHY HE WENT BACK TO PDP

*i spit on the head of the supporters*

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by tachacute(f): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2018
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by nnachukz(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2018
He is as confused as Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by tegafej(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2018
H
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by easynetsms(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
Na wa for these politicians . using us to play ping pong

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Kwamecron(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
English

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by dynicks(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Decryptor(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
This double-tongued Akwa Ibom agama lizard has started ranting again undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
Na who post fake news say Abba Kyari don die?

Na wa o
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2018
Ashewo politicians
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Magalan: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2018
What!!
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by deboysben(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2018
Wetin concern me these mean are the problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by nnachukz(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2018
Lucid1:

Mumu people

Read before posting commenting
He is just blabbing.
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by BubuZombi: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2018
D
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2018
Mtcheeeeeew
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by Talknochip(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2018
Smh... He obviously sounds like someone under duress-like someone afraid of something bad happening to him if he did not do the bidding of an 'oppressor'... Nigerian politicians are like NEPA; u will never know on whose side they are.. Darkness or light?!
Re: 2019: I Did Not Defect To APC – Senator Akpabio by aolawale025: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2018
Seriously?? Politicians and double speak

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) / Sunday Igboho: 'I Am Not Afraid Of Police Arrest' (Video) / Soldiers Shoot Man In Ihiala, Remove His Body - FIJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.