Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34197 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Smi1(m): 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
@leahdee, franchement tu na rien a dir , il ya koii dans jalouxi mm??

back to the topic - Nigerians shouldn't fold hands and watch the Cameroonians walk over us . We don't need war to settle issues but I'm sure the Cameroonians are aware of our strength
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 11:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf,

So I am traitor for not supporting military action against Cameroon? 

But you support self-determination? Make up your mind. You rather this colonial made country wage war against our cousins to the East?

That is like saying a Hausa from Nigeria going to war with a Hausa from Niger. They would never do that.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUchenna:

Seems like he ran away. Let there be peace.  grin

Ran away or banned again?  grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
jokingmary:

Ran away or banned again?  grin

Or he could be tired. He has been on a rampage for a while. The poor boy probably tired himself out.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe99: 11:41pm On Jul 29, 2010
chiogo:

And sarcasm flies all over your head. It's great how you just admitted you're all noise.  cool

Internet gangstas - gotta love 'em.

Dumb biyytch clearly u aint understand wut I said on there! Wont even waste time breaking it down for u tho! But if he does honor the invite, which I know he wont, he better make sure he come deep!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe99: 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUchenna:

Or he could be tired. He has been on a rampage for a while. The poor boy probably tired himself out.

Nah, nigga. some of us got a business to run, u heard?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Beaf: 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUchenna:

Beaf,

So I am traitor for not supporting military action against Cameroon?  

But you support self-determination? Make up your mind. You rather this colonial made country wage war against our cousins to the East?

That is like saying a Hausa from Nigeria going to war with a Hausa from Niger. They would never do that.

If we want to fight each other in Nigeria, thats fine. But why would foreigners first annexe Bakassi, then try their hands on Obudu ranch and you think it is somehow in your favour? If genuinely you do, then it becomes a wholly different ball game.

Will giving Obudu to Cameroon solve any marginalisation problem? We have to be mindful of crossing the line.
How would Cameroons annexing Bakassi and Obudu forward a Biafran or Niger Delta cause? Charlie, screw your head on! I can bet you, if you call out MEND today and ask what side they'll fight on in a fight to rescue Obudu from Cameroon, it would be on the Nigerian side.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2010
bk/babe99:

Nah, nigga. some of us got a business to run, u heard?

What kind of night business undecided
Or do you mean scamming tongue
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2010
I've taken time to read through the whole 11 pages of this thread. The comments have been quite interesting, and while I was going through them I came to a sudden realization: We need to sit down as a nation to re-found Nigeria from scratch. I don't want to say much but it seems like the Cameroonians are watching Nigeria, casing, scoping, and staking us out, and nibbling at Nigerian territory one bit at a time.
Naturally, I had a momentary surge of patriotic anger at Cameroon, but it was quickly doused by realism, one of which is that I come from a country where a section of the country "cannot be trusted with the presidency". Even my cousin -the current Nigerian president- is being told in subtle ways that he is a usurper by the "owners of Nigeria". On coming to that realization, I recoiled again.

I would say this, for Nigeria to effectively defend her territorial integrity, all forms of marginalization and injustice MUST STOP, today. Not tomorrow. The interesting thing is that we live in a new world now where no nation really has secrets.
It is no secret that Nigeria is a country at war with itself, and that is the only reason Cameroun was able to steal Bakassi from right under Nigeria, and Nigeria could not do anything. I still feel the pains of those Bakassi returnees as Cross rivers state struggles to resettle them, with federal government carrying on as if nothing happened. I am not from Bakassi, but I am an easterner and can share in their pains. I won't say more than that.

Nigeria must sit down and re-found a nation if at all possible. For instance, there are things I and my people would NEVER accept in Nigeria. We can pretend all we want, but if those things remain unaddressed, Cameroun would keep poking a finger into Nigeria's eyes because they know that strategically we are a weak nation.

Anger is not enough here. I saw a lot of folks fuming and threatening war. Well, y'all should know more than that. The only Nigerian president that ever defied Cameroun and her allies is dead.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by chiogo(f): 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
bk/babe99:

Dumb biyytch clearly u aint understand wut I said on there! Wont even waste time breaking it down for u tho! But if he does honor the invite, which I know he wont, he better make sure he come deep!
Ok, b!!tch. I hear you.

[size=3pt]Who cares?[/size] grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
I've taken time to read through the whole 11 pages of this thread. The comments have been quite interesting, and while I was going through them I came to a sudden realization: We need to sit down as a nation to re-found Nigeria from scratch. I don't want to say much but it seems like the Cameroonians are watching Nigeria, casing, scoping, and staking us out, and nibbling at Nigerian territory one bit at a time.
Naturally, I had a momentary surge of patriotic anger at Cameroon, but it was quickly doused by realism, one of which is that I come from a country where a section of the country "cannot be trusted with the presidency". Even my cousin -the current Nigerian president- is being told in subtle ways that he is a usurper by the "owners of Nigeria". On coming to that realization, I recoiled again.

I would say this, for Nigeria to effectively defend her territorial integrity, all forms of marginalization and injustice MUST STOP, today. Not tomorrow. The interesting thing is that we live in a new world now where no nation really has secrets.
It is no secret that Nigeria is a country at war with itself, and that is the only reason Cameroun was able to steal Bakassi from right under Nigeria, and Nigeria could not do anything. I still feel the pains of those Bakassi returnees as Cross rivers state struggles to resettle them, with federal government carrying on as if nothing happened. I am not from Bakassi, but I am an easterner and can share in their pains. I won't say more than that.

Nigeria must sit down and re-found a nation if at all possible. For instance, there are things I and my people would NEVER accept in Nigeria. We can pretend all we want, but if those things remain unaddressed, Cameroun would keep poking a finger into Nigeria's eyes because they know that strategically we are a weak nation.

Anger is not enough here. I saw a lot of folks fuming and threatening war. Well, y'all should know more than that. The only Nigerian president that ever defied Cameroun and her allies is dead.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe99: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
jokingmary:

What kind of night business undecided
Or do you mean scamming tongue

For real can u please go kill urself. Thanx in advance!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf,

I understand what you are saying. undecided
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^^
again? shocked
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
bk/babe99:

For real can u please go kill urself. Thanx in advance!

Can you please teach me how to do it (practical)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Beaf: 12:01am On Jul 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

I 100% agree with the above.
You might have noticed that I have once again started calling for true federalism. It is because, for once, I am seeing the possibility of achieving it peacefully. Here's how;

[list]
[li]We channel every iota of our energy into attaining credible elections and make sure Jonathan delivers that as his bottomline[/li]
[li]With credible elections in place, we elect credible leaders[/li]
[li]Our credible leaders would have one paramount mandate, the delivery of true federalism[/li]
[/list]

If we follow the above script strictly, we will get everything we want easily; the SE, SS and SW all want true federalism, I am of the belief that partial autonomy is easily sellable to the Middle Belt minorities. So it should be easy to peacefully restructure the nation once we have credible elections.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On Jul 30, 2010
Beaf:

I 100% agree with the above.
You might have noticed that I have once again started calling for true federalism. It is because, for once, I am seeing the possibility of achieving it peacefully. Here's how;

[list]
[li]We channel every iota of our energy into attaining credible elections and make sure Jonathan delivers that as his bottomline[/li]
[li]With credible elections in place, we elect credible leaders[/li]
[li]Our credible leaders would have one paramount mandate, the delivery of true federalism[/li]
[/list]

If we follow the above script strictly, we will get everything we want easily; the SE, SS and SW all want true federalism, I am of the belief that partial autonomy is easily sellable to the Middle Belt minorities. So it should be easy to peacefully restructure the nation once we have credible elections.

I'm in total agreement with all the key points bolded. We can really only begin a new nation after we have elected credible leaders. All the other issues would die a natural death. For instance no credible leader would cede an inch of Nigerian territory.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by seedord247(m): 12:26am On Jul 30, 2010
Don't mind those two Ingbati wey dey insult each-other for here, and if you check their qualifications, they are just ordinary jambite
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2010
seedord247:

jambite
I've heard that before, what does it mean?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by seedord247(m): 12:40am On Jul 30, 2010
THE AMAKA:

I've heard that before, what does it mean?

It means you pass the Jamb exam and you eventually get admission into university.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2010
seedord247:

It means you pass the Jamb exam and you eventually get admission into university.
OHHH, thanks.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 12:53am On Jul 30, 2010
seedord247:

@THE AMAKA
Actually it means a freshman in college. 1st year student at university.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:53am On Jul 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually it means a freshman in college. 1st year student at university.
okay, thanks. embarassed
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by sjeezy8: 1:06am On Jul 30, 2010
Nigerias problems arent difficult to solve- Its just that people in the government dont want to address them because they are to busy with thier own person agendas be it warring with other reps or sentaors.

I dont know anyone who doesnt want free and fair elections- thats everyone
Federalism- all across the south and middle belt and north like Kaduna, Kano, katsina want it. The problem is that political parties arent made in nigeria based on economic or political ideologies. Most states are in PDP either because of Zoning or because they dont want to be the "odd ball out".

But to me Nigerias problem can be solved - I mean without federalism states receiving federal allocation are STILL receiving less money than they would with federalism( their own revenue).
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by shotster50(m): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2010
These paper tigers need to take chill pill. This has not even been confirmed but some peeps here are already frothing in the mouth.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Adonike(m): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2010
Nigerians,
Nothing dey happen!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by CGKing(m): 1:15am On Jul 30, 2010
War ke? our guys up there have passion for nothing else but their personal benefits. They cant declare any war. Even if cameround just demo declare war on us, them fit go aplogise come even appease them with a gift of PH.

Let God help us make it never happen. Bakassi was painful enough.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by manny4life(m): 1:54am On Jul 30, 2010
If WAR would resolve the dispute, I support it.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jmaine: 1:56am On Jul 30, 2010
Seen enough madness on the forum already and to kick start my comment, i will add more madness, Personally am on a mission to kill any Cameroonian at sight, starting by castrating what ever balls is giving them the temerity to encroach on our territory, it's time to give them the Sani Abacha sonic boom dossier at least to serve as reminder that we can really cause some very good harm if called up to duty, The Naija Delta militants attack on their Gendarmes last year is a testament to what damage we are capable of, Make them try am na, angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 2:01am On Jul 30, 2010
How i wish we were still in the military regime.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jmaine: 2:04am On Jul 30, 2010
Onlytruth:

undecided, Wondering what the last statement is implying, some bad omen or what, Those Gendarmes need some action and i think such action should be obliged with full blown consequences in their face, Shuu !! who send them,
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jmaine: 2:13am On Jul 30, 2010
Ruq:

How i wish we were still in the military regime.

All these incessant bickering from the Cameroonians will have being past tense, Abacha showed those guyz some steel and they maintained a low profile only to surface in the Demo-crazy,

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Photo Of Boko Haram Member Arrested By Task Force In Sambisa Forest / Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.