Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34095 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2010
Yeah Nayah i read that,but why don't dont they speak German Isn't that silly Colonized by Germans and your language is French. Didn't know Germans speak French.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

camerounian gerdarmes have been killing nigerians off the boarder of bakassi for long. .

Now I see angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Best to be a joke or rumour!! Does Cameroon really think they can beat Nigeria in court and in war? This will lead to reclamation of Bakassi too and some Cameroonian land.!!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Jokinmary be Rational! Our soldiers are about 25mila the whole of Cameroon is under 25mill what do fink? A country like that will want war with us even if they have allies! You should know Nigeria has one of the highest donation of Soldiers for peace making missions! Have you ever heard any from Cameroon?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
Chongaiman read one more time what I 've read, we cameroonians are not more influence by France as you think it's really english mentality this non offense, I just want to point out Cameroon and France have minimum relation , maybe you guys don't know but Cameroonians and France use to have electric relations and espacially when they keep on denyins genocide in Bassa villages(my tribe) and Bamiléké. French are notreally supported and loved in Cameroon so next time ask for highlights before concluding. And one more time this if you think Nigeria is purely independant then you're still naive. Yes British colonisation was different from French one but it still the same everywhere, and I want to tell you something more Cameroon has more partners than "fathers" China, India, Bresil even Turkey trade with us is that neocolonialism? stop thinking because we partlyspeak french we are neocolonised, it's due it's HISTORY and we are still proud of our 250 languages and cultures.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 10:05pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ruq many towns in Cameroon were build by German and then rebuild by Cameroonians as my own village ESEKA which used to be german capital of KAMERUN written like that, it's just the fact they've lost war that lead to what you think Frenc colonisation what about British? all our constitutions are both in English and French you can not be elected if you are not bilingual and express both in French and english, as I told you before just ask I'll teach you.

As for cameroonian gendarms it's quite funny because in Cameroon it has been told than many Nigerians killed cameroonians too and still attack Bakassi area so don't rely on this comment, it's not relevant
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Litmus: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nayah (f)wrote:

Litmus, Cameroon is not a FRENCH but a GERMAN colony and we still have relations with germans.

Cameroon was colonized in 1884 by the Germans who ruled Cameroon till 1916. When they were defeated during the 1st World war, Cameroon placed as a mandated territory of the League of Nations and given to France and Britain to rule it. They shared Cameroon into two parts with France having 3/4 and Britain 1/4. Theses two colonial masters ruled Cameroon till 1960 when she gained her independence and since then English and French are used as the official languages of Cameroon.

Nayah (f)wrote:

And every single AFRICAN COUNTRY is not INDEPENDANT you think Nigeria is? well youmight be dreaming, it's not because you guys have oil and exploit it that your are in the same equal feet with westerneres thinking this would be a real fantasy. So as you can see Europe still  have a lot of children including Nigeria! And don't forget we have realtion with british as well cause we are a bilingual country, Senegal Gabon or Congo are different from Cameroon

Nigeria is the most independent African country right now bar Zimbabwe. I do not intend to be dragged into any pedantic type arguments informed by economic ties and trade interdependence.  Pakistan is independent and so is India not withstanding the fact that they can bow to American NATO pressure. Even Russia has to consider American and European opinion.   Nigeria is as independent as they come in Africa.  Take it or leave it. Cameroon on the other hand and most French west Africans are controlled by France.

Nigeria’ vulnerability in many ways is derived ffrom the fact it has few international friends.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nayah,

Désolé il m'a pris si longtemps pour répondre. Que m'avez-vous dit ?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2010
jokingmary:

Now I see angry

You should not be worried about this. If you don't support Biafra, at least do not get involved with a Hausa/Yoruba affair. We Igbos have no right to get angry since we are not treated as citizens of this nation.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by asofejo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ezeuchenna, i feel u on the part of losing some of your family during the biafra war,but still u cant turn your back against Nigeria like that, this is the time for us to unite with each other especially when things is going this way, i don't support war though because sometimes it is not really the proper solution, this is a test for the lazy and dumb leaders in the so called "Giant of Africa" to step up, @ezeuchenna what makes u think your fellow igbo/biafra/ijaw/ibibio brothers will support cameroon, smh OYO lo wa, you are on your own, if their is going to be war between nigeria and cameroon which i am against because i have couple of good cameroonian friends here and to top it all they've got some pretty girls too. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2010
Litmus the most independant doesn't mean completely independant, so you join me smiley
Guys it was a pleasure talk with you I don't hate Nigeria on the contrary, otherwise I wouldn't be in this forum, but just try not affirming some statement you don't really know especially about a foreign country, just search or ask. I don't want any war not because I think Cameroon has fear (not at all) but because I think we are neighbours and espcially AFRICANS. So we should act as real African with, love, share and hospitality, many Nigerians used to live in Cameroon, know and love our culture and consider them as brothers more than anybody in Africa, even though central african countries are also close to us.

So have a nice evening and God bless Cameroon and Nigerian
One love
Eze je vous aime tous parce que vous etes africains
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2010
asofejo,

Just know we Igbos wont be getting involved in this issue Why concern ourselves with such a matter? Some will be actually supporting Cameroon quietly or overtly if war was to happen, but you wont see any "patriotism" coming from the East.

We lost our patriotism when the pogroms targeted our populations. The two Igbos on this thread who been going against are akatas. They weren't even raised in the East, so I can't blame them for they know not what they do.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by huxley(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hello,

If the foregoing comments represent a cross-section of Nigerian intellectual analysis, then maybe the entire Nigeria needs to be taken over to teach the Nigerians how to THINK.

You people are a disgrace to humanity, by your very belligerent comments.  What a shame.  Have you got anything in your skulls?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
Asofejo sure we got beautiful laides!!! good night bro!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by huxley(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nayah:

Litmus the most independant doesn't mean completely independant, so you join me smiley
Guys it was a pleasure talk with you I don't hate Nigeria on the contrary, otherwise I wouldn't be in this forum, but just try not affirming some statement you don't really know especially about a foreign country, just search or ask. I don't want any war not because I think Cameroon has fear (not at all) but because I think we are neighbours and espcially AFRICANS. So we should act as real African with, love, share and hospitality, many Nigerians used to live in Cameroon, know and love our culture and consider them as brothers more than anybody in Africa, even though central african countries are also close to us.

So have a nice evening and God bless Cameroon and Nigerian
One love
Eze je vous aime tous parce que vous etes africains

Salut, soeur
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
huxley:

Hello,

If the foregoing comments represent a cross-section of Nigerian intellectual analysis, then maybe the entire Nigeria needs to be taken over to teach the Nigerians how to THINK.

You people are a disgrace to humanity, by your very belligerent comments.  What a shame.  Have you got anything in your skulls?

Gerrout angry

EzeUchenna:

You should not be worried about this. If you don't support Biafra, at least do not get involved with a Hausa/Yoruba affair. We Igbos have no right to get angry since we are not treated as citizens of this nation.

Thats true but we are still Nigerians
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nayah,

Merci beaucoup. Désolé si mon français n'est pas bon. Je vous aime aussi. Je peux vous assurer que le Nigeria de L'est n'aime pas vraiment le Nigeria puisque nous sommes exploités. . .  undecided
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ezeuche you must be depressed about that,you talk like you witnessed what happened then you met history so stop sayin shit here because you are feeling inferior! All you ever do is blame your misfortunes on "Biafra" such a crybaby,and i thought you were diff.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
Yup Nigeria is almost completely independent. But we are not taking advantage of that instead we are rebuking it with our actions. On the other hand Nayah, is it true what the article said? If true I hate Cameroon if not then we good!!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by mikeoscar: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
the only reason they want obudu is because the cross-rivers state gov had developed the area into a modern state.

Click for Pictures of obudu

Cameroon wont even dare touch this one. . .unless they want war   do they even have a decent military?

So you still don't get it my friend? They will go to ICJ ahead of Naija then when we get our legal team together, they will not have proper brief and will be clamouring for estacode(is that what they call it) until the case is decided in favor of cameroun. no long thing!

During Buhari/Idiagbon regime, Nigeria had an "OPERATION SEA DOG"(we flew fighters into cameroun and moved thousands of soldiers steathily into camerounian borders----they fled!)and moved out flag about 4km deep into Cameroun beyond  the Ranch area. They 're probably now asking for that strip proximal to the ranch and with Cameroun and their familiarity with the ICJ anything can happen.

BTW I come from that area. Ogoja to be precise and have been to the ranch a couple of times. It is not on it's own as somebody claims. The folks at Okworuobudu(translated obudu mountains i think) live at the foot of the ranch and they are largely farmers and hunters. The last time I was there, I noticed they understand the terrain like the palm of their hands.

I plan to be home this winter and will definitely be following this one angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by hilli666(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
huxley:

Hello,

And you are so smart arnt you? Matter of fact you are smater than everone in Nigeria. In short I can only revel in your divine prudence, every morning when I wake up I thank God that I am previleged to live in a time when Huxley existed. We all pay obeisance to Huxley the great intellectual, who has taken time out of his busy schedule to admonish us weak and narrow minded Nigerians.

Bloddy Twatt!!!  angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ Ezeuche

You should have used your ban as an opportunity to take time out of Nigerian politics and your pathological obsession with the Nigerian civil war. What is it with all the extreme right-wing reactionary views? undecided undecided
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ruq:

Ezeuche you must be depressed about that,you talk like you witnessed what happened then you met history so stop sayin poo here because you are feeling inferior! All you ever do is blame your misfortunes on "Biafra" such a crybaby,and i thought you were diff.

I will always support Biafra. If you have a problem with that, then you can go kick rocks. I am not looking to the past, I am looking to an independent Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
tensor777:

@ Ezeuche

You should have used your ban as an opportunity to take time out of Nigerian politics and your pathological obsession with the Nigerian civil war.

Why be obsessed with the civil war, when my true objective is to have independence. The war happened in the past, I am looking for Biafra to rise from the ashes.

As much as you people want us Igbos to forget Biafra, we will NEVER! We tasted FREEDOM and it taste very good.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hey Mr EzeUchenna why don't you forget Biafra

Many lifes were lost because of it. sad

Besides I have many friends who are Northerners cheesy
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
tensor777:

@ Ezeuche

You should have used your ban as an opportunity to take time out of Nigerian politics and your pathological obsession with the Nigerian civil war.
ignorance mixed with frustration are responsible for his stubbornness.wont blame him cuz his threats do not go beyond nairaland sad sad
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe99: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2010
asofejo:

@[b]ezeuchenna, i feel u on the part of losing some of your family during the biafra war,[/b]but still u cant turn your back against Nigeria like that, this is the time for us to unite with each other especially when things is going this way,

For Christ's sakes the kid is like wut, 23yrs old? Wut family could have been killed 17yrs b4 his birth that could still be hurting him? lol. Dude is just a psycho! A typical Ibo; they love destruction dont u see? Crabs in a bucket. . . . always trying to pull everyone down with them!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2010
jokingmary:

Hey Mr EzeUchenna why don't you forget Biafra

Many lifes were lost because of it. sad

Besides I have many friends who are Northerners cheesy

So because you have northern friends, we should not have a Biafra?  

That is very selfish of you.

Lets see if your friends would be there for you if you are in the north and a riot starts. Lets see how fast Farouk or Ishmael be singing Allaha Akbar while they run after you.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by EzeUchenna: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
bk/babe99:

For Christ's sakes the kid is like wut, 23yrs old? Wut family could have been killed 17yrs b4 his birth that could still be hurting him? lol. Dude is just a psycho! A typical Ibo; they love destruction dont u see? Crabs in a bucket. . . . always trying to pull everyone down with them!

It is "crabs in a barrel" mentality. If you going to use an akata phrase, use it right. tongue
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by huxley(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
hilli666:

And you are so smart arnt you? Matter of fact you are smater than everone in Nigeria. In short I can only revel in your divine prudence, every morning when I wake up I thank God that I am previleged to live in a time when Huxley existed. We all pay obeisance to Huxley the great intellectual, who has taken time out of his busy schedule to admonish us weak and narrow minded Nigerians.

Bloddy Twatt!!!  angry

Exactly my point!  Thankx
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe99: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUchenna:

We lost our patriotism when the pogroms targeted our populations.

You insane brainwashed monkey: TELL ME ONE EXPERIENCE OF YOURS DURING THE CIVIL WAR!!!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
bk/babe99:

Are you nuts?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Picks His Nomination Form For Kogi Governorship (Photos) / Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive / Fact-checking Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s Claims During #debate2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.