Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34182 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 2:26am On Jul 30, 2010
@jmaine i seriously think our soldiers to are restless this is a slap on their face the population of the Nigerian army is more than the whole population of the Cameroonians, this is pure shyt. We should have never let them have bakassi in the first place.That's why this one is comin up before you know they will claim Carlabar
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by GAR3TH(m): 4:06am On Jul 30, 2010
@ mike oscar
No, im not the guy in the pic

@ Topic
Read all 13 pages, Kind of suprised by some comments and views.
whats the worst that can happen if Nigeria goes to war with Cameroon? undecided  Nigeria's army is underrated.  smiley
anyway they will most likely take us tom court.

#Side-Note.
looks like the FG has partnered with Cross-River state to construct houses for the fishing communities of the displaced Bakassi returnees

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/8931-fg-partners-criver-to-construct-houses-for-bakassi-
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by palaze: 5:34am On Jul 30, 2010
i just hope this is just a romour cos if it not, our leaders will lose again, what would you expect from leader that cannot even protect their citizen, it's really pitiful common Cameroun
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jimmy4u: 6:12am On Jul 30, 2010
I think cameroun must be going nut for starting to lay claims on Obudu, may be their taken over of Bakassi is giving them this impetus. This grab! grab ! tendencies needs to be cut down immediately before they start laying claims on the whole NIGERIA. Oh! could our leaders really wake up?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by kraftyiyk: 7:12am On Jul 30, 2010
if this information is true,, then cameroon is certainly behaving like the proverbial oliver twist,, driven principally by envy,, grin grin someone should leave them come closer,, then we strike, THIS IS OUR GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO RECLAIM BAKKASSI,, or what do you thinnk?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2010
Nayah where are u?

im enlisting in the Nigerian army cos of cameroon

u wanna fight, give it to me baby

Obudu cattle ranch? hell no
if you want yakubu aiyegbeni to play for u guys, fine
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by igboboy1(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2010
tkb417:

Nayah where are u?

im enlisting in the Nigerian army cos of cameroon

u wanna fight, give it to me baby

Obudu cattle ranch? hell no
if you want yakubu aiyegbeni to play for u guys, fine

Enlisting in the Nigerian Army its not worth it trust me, Better give them your support in other ways other than your physical self
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by fugocisse: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2010
Ezeuche you should come to your senses! we the igbo's fought for biafra then but we lost it due to some circumstances! those are the by gone days! now we believe in one nigeria and in one nigeria we will progress along with other patriotic nigerians from other tribes, ethnics and zones withing nigeria, irrespective of minority or majority. so stop the childish thought of we igbos going to war again because of biafra.

then the issue at hand is the camerounians again trying to give us a dirty slap on the face, ohhhh well this time they should get their arsenal ready because we are not going to fall cheap again for them and their master france.

obasanjo and his ego, in a move to establish his egoism released our land (bakassi) to them, but obudu they will never get. ohhhhh mother nigeria where are thou?? angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by fugocisse: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2010
Ezeuche you should come to your senses! we the igbo's fought for biafra then but we lost it due to some circumstances! those are the by gone days! now we believe in one nigeria and in one nigeria we will progress along with other patriotic nigerians from other tribes, ethnics  and zones withing nigeria, irrespective of minority or majority. so stop the childish thought of we igbos going to war again because of biafra.

then the issue at hand is the camerounians  again trying to give us a dirty slap on the face, ohhhh well this time they should get their arsenal ready because we are not going to fall cheap again for them and their master france.

obasanjo and his ego, in a move to establish his egoism released our land (bakassi) to them, but obudu they will never get. ohhhhh mother nigeria where are thou?? angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by haboosa(m): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2010
This one no be Indomitable lions against the super chickensoooooo, if we deploy our LATHAN soldiers cuolple with the ZURU armies from the north , the ODUA, BAKASSI BOYS, and the AREWA to that point dont you think it will be a no fight for them, please EZE or what is your name go tell your paul biya that this tym it wont be like the past.
After the war we can use cameroun to build the largest see port or airport in the world or what do you guys think , lol
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 9:01am On Jul 30, 2010
fugocisse:

Ezeuche you should come to your senses! we the igbo's fought for biafra then but we lost it due to some circumstances! those are the by gone days! now we believe in one nigeria and in one nigeria we will progress along with other patriotic nigerians from other tribes, ethnics and zones withing nigeria, irrespective of minority or majority. so stop the childish thought of we igbos going to war again because of biafra.

then the issue at hand is the camerounians again trying to give us a dirty slap on the face, ohhhh well this time they should get their arsenal ready because we are not going to fall cheap again for them and their master france.

Exactly.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2010
I have read so many comments on this forum, but it seems people are looking  too far above (at war), rather than at the dark mountain shrouded in dust and lying at the very bottom. A whole lot of people are just reacting with bogus mouth and little thought.  I know that camouflage with boastful words and hard talking is a culture in parts of Nigeria, but a lot of people especially, foreigners see through that curtain.
Lets critically think of the issues.
1. When a country has an interest any reason is good enough to fight. Cameroon (or rather France) understands that international law is only a figment of the stances of various sovereigns; hence the law is what the powerful wants it to be. Nigeria lacks that basic understanding, that is why we subjected ourselves to a court presided over by a party with interest (France in the case).
In essence a claim on obudu or even abuja is not out of place, the issue is what is the interest behind it.

2. Nigeria has a fundamental flaw within its defense system ever since the civil war and buttressed by the post civil war policies of the Nigerian Federal Government.  In fact, this flaw was confirmed to France and Cameroon by the “Obasanjo Adminstraions” happy-go-lucky hand over of bakassi for his third term attempt. It was further assured as the “Yaradua Administration”  implemented the handover without asking his country’s lawmaking body to ratify the Green-tree agreement. These flaws are
A: That Nigeria is not really a Nation(based on definition).
B: Nigeria has no agenda or interest as a Nations but as ethnicities
C: Nigerian Ethnicities enthrone their ethnic interest “to rule the others” above National interest, have and will readily sell out to outside interest to achieve their power grab. A pace that was initially set by the British monarch and Northern Oligarchy, but now being perfected by the other groups esp.
D: The Northern dominated Nigeria Army cannot readily defend interest in the Eastern South and Niger Delta of the Country due to the strategy defect of having their enemies in front and possible traitors (ethnic Igbos) behind. Getting locked, the basic reason why Nigeria could not really use extensive military force against Niger Delta militants (hence the JTF tryouts).
There is no doubt that France (The only major European country without a substantial claim over the North Sea oil) has interests in the Niger Delta.
If truly Cameroon is laying claims to OBUDU, then someone has seen these flaws. A merely concerned  Cameroon would have closed out all boundary issues the first time at Hague. What we should be worried  about is “what the interest is” and “who is actually interested.” If this is true, am afraid the predictions by US-CIA that Nigeria may not survive 2015 may be taking more flesh.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2010
@KenGali

You raised some points that got me thinking, some of which I've never thought of before. So I decided to do some research. I researched French oil production, consumption, exports, and reserves and came to the conclusion that France is a country with little to none oil considering the size of its economy.

France:
GDP: 2.6 trillion dollars
GDP per capita: $33,700
Oil production: 70,800 bbl/day (compare that to Nigeria's 2.4 million barrels per day)
Oil consumption: 1.986 million bbl/day
Oil reserves: 103.3 million bbl (compare that to Nigeria's 33 billion barrels)
Natural gas reserves: 6.937 billion cu m (compare that to Nigeria's 187 trillion cu m)

When I was done, I became convinced that France is a nation in need of oil, and Nigeria's oil is within scope.
Now, it is all beginning to make more sense. undecided

I would advise these northerners ruling Nigeria like a herd of cattle to call a national conference so that we can found a solid country which can withstand foreign covetous activities. This is not time to shout down people.

I don't want to hear any more rants about Nigerian army this or that. That talk is pure idiocy.

We need real solutions, not empty boasts. angry cool
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by maclatunji: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2010
My fellow Nigerians don't disturb yourselves too much. The same judgement that gave Bakassi to Cameroon, also clearly delineated our boundaries from the atlantic ocean to our joint boundaries with Chad. Definitely, the Cameroonians have no claim to Obudu. We do not even have a manned official border crossing with them (as far as I know) in Obanliku Local Government (What you call Obudu) because it is an extremely mountainous terrain. The official boundary that I know-of is over 200km away at Ikom still in Cross River.

Cameroon will only lay claim to Obudu if they want our Army to use them for target practice. I mean the President has his mountain retreat there so the location is not negotiable.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by seedord247(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2010
How i wish is the time of General Sanni Abacha the Terminator, By now cameroon population  would have been reduced to 4 million.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by saviola77(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2010
fugocisse:

Ezeuche you should come to your senses! we the igbo's fought for biafra then but we lost it due to some circumstances! those are the by gone days! now we believe in one nigeria and in one nigeria we will progress along with other patriotic nigerians from other tribes, ethnics  and zones withing nigeria, irrespective of minority or majority. so stop the childish thought of we igbos going to war again because of biafra.

then the issue at hand is the camerounians  again trying to give us a dirty slap on the face, ohhhh well this time they should get their arsenal ready because we are not going to fall cheap again for them and their master france.

educate him please

@onlytruth, kengali
you guys are making a lot of sense.
if this is indeed true then something sinister is happening behind the scene
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by hectorswag(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2010
seedord247:

How i wish is the time of General Sanni Abacha the Terminator, By now cameroon population would have been reduced to 4 million.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ikechukwu09(m): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2010
all these talk about opting out for war won't help matters 'cos this is a very sensitive matter we shud better buckle up and put on our thinking caps becos this is an indirect war against one of the world powers we shud better result to tactful diplomacy with other world powers and drop the issue of war. even if we shud declare war most of u here will go into hiding after all the boasting.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tyson55(m): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2010
We need to go to war with this cameroonians to teach them lesson, it is because Nigeria gave them Bakassi on a platter, that's why they have mouth to even dare talk of Obudu. BTW nigeria military has been dormant for sometime now, bcause since the end of the liberian and sierria leone conflict, our military have not seen any action. I suggest they should be deployed first in Somalia to fight the Al shabab terrorist group and test action there, after then they can now face this land grabbers cameroonians. angry angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2010
tyson55:

We need to go to war with this cameroonians to teach them lesson, it is because Nigeria gave them Bakassi on a platter, that's why they have mouth to even dare talk of Obudu. BTW nigeria military has been dormant for sometime now, bcause since the end of the liberian and sierria leone conflict, our military have not seen any action. I suggest they should be deployed first in Somalia to fight the Al shabab terrorist group and test action there, after then they can now face this land grabbers cameroonians. angry angry

You sure would be the 1st to hide. wink
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by hectorswag(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2010
grin lol @ comments, we sure need to teach these camerounians a serious lesson, but not neccessarily in warring wiv them.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ltrust(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2010
Cameroon is going too far. Do they own it? Nigeria government should wake up.

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by huxley(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2010
The majority of the comments on this subject reveal just how stupid and thick most Nigerians are.  Instead of stepping back and asking for grounds for a claim against this territory, most of you are characteristically thinking with your arses and have started rattling your sabres.  Where have your brains gone?  What a shame and disgrace to humanity.  Did any of you ask whether it was conceivable that such a claim could be justifiable and non-frivolous?

After all, where were the countries of Nigeria and Cameroon 150 years ago?  Of course, there were no modern day official state boundaries then as we have today.  The present day boundaries were primarily the result of the colonisation of Africa by European countries who came over to Africa and drew and parcelled up land for their own benefit.  Some of these boundaries were draws across lands such that whole tribes and kingdoms were divided up and have ended up in different countries today.  Such is the case with most of the tribes along the Nigeria-Cameroon borders.

Post-colonisation nationalistic fervour has now been instilled into the minds of these peoples who belong to the same tribes, such that they now see themselves as "enemies".  Is this how we Africans are so stupid and weakminded?

I do not know whether Obudu rightfully belongs to Nigeria or Cameroon - for me right now, that is not the big question.  The big questions are:

1 - How do we go about thinking about the issues?

2 - What do the historical records say about any borders around this areas?

3 - What do the ethno-linguistic records are?

4 - What did the people decide in the plebiscite of 1960/61.?

It is worth remembering that these areas were plebiscited in the 60s prior to independence of both countries.  Many territories which were then under Cameroonian rule decided to join Nigeria, while some decided to join Cameroon.  In Bakassi, for example, the people voted with a majority of 62% to join Cameroon.

In any of you were wise and clever, you would check the UN records and refer to any history books of the areas and period,  but  being Nigerians, MOST of you are VERY DUMB and STUPID and could not even think in this scholarly fashion.

Following the plebiscite, state boundaries were to be draw according to the existing colonial boundaries, taking into account the results of the plebiscite. So from the 60s, it was very clear that Bakassi would fall inside Cameroon and that was not in dispute at the time.  Over the years, many people from the west of Bakassi (ie Nigerians) started settling in Bakassi to take advantage of the good fishing opportunities, etc. Eventually the population came to be dominated by people who would describe themselves as Nigerian.

When Cameroon pressed for the recognition of the borders set at the plebiscite, Nigeria contested, claiming that she owned the territory.  In fact, most Nigerian politicians and military are so DUMP and STUPID they never bothered to consult their own academics lawyers, cartographers, historians, etc. They were trying to defend an empty case for which they had no evidence.

Nigerians - Please, Please, Please - Wise up people.  You all look like clowns the way you are acting.

I, personally, I couldn't care less whether Obudu is Nigerian or Cameroonian.  What matters for me and for most right-thinking people, is the manner of thinking and dealing with such issues.

Thus far, most Nigerians have proved themselves incapable of rational and logical thinking.  What a SHAME.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by skyndyp(f): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2010
My Obudu shocked shocked I'll fight them single handedly
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Akosbaba(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2010
Na wa oh,this thing don dey sweet these camerounians,soon dem go wan claim all the niger delta states
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 11:27am On Jul 30, 2010
, personally, I couldn't care less whether Obudu is Nigerian or Cameroonian. What matters for me and for most right-thinking people, is the manner of thinking and dealing with such issues.

Thus far, most Nigerians have proved themselves incapable of rational and logical thinking. What a SHAME.
what a consummate retard u are

u probably take what most people post on online forums as the barometer to measure intelligence?

and since u have joined NL, how many sensible post can be ascribed to your moniker?

throwing wild assumptions on a faceless forum makes you look like a nincompoop ; the thread in question has veered off its main message and is more of a comical mudslingings amongst the proponents.

If you cannot join the fun, scram and lets hear others talk.

mind you, where intelligent convos are discussed on thsi forum, where do u hide?

fck off douchebag
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by huxley(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2010
tkb417:

what a consummate retard u are

u probably take what most people post on online forums as the barometer to measure intelligence?

and since u have joined NL, how many sensible post can be ascribed to your moniker?

throwing wild assumptions on a faceless forum makes you look like a nincompoop ; the thread in question has veered off its main message and is more of a comical mudslingings amongst the proponents.

If you cannot join the fun, scram and lets hear others talk.

mind you, where intelligent convos are discussed on thsi forum, where do u hide?

fck off douchebag

Is this the best contribution you can make on this subject? If it is, then I think I am justified in saying that most of your guys are stupid, ignorant, gullible and totally benighted.

Your heads need to be cracked with a thinking hammer.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2010
^^^ in the posse of 'arindins'

u must be a heavyweight champion

how my contribution on this thing affects your livelihood beats me

u must be born with your senses diluted with metholated spirit

fck off i said or are you blind?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by huxley(m): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2010
tkb417:

^^^ in the posse of 'arindins'

u must be a heavyweight champion

how my contribution on this thing affects your livelihood beats me

u must be born with your senses diluted with metholated spirit

fck off i said or are you blind?

Exactly my point - you have not got brain cells in your skull to engage in such discussions. If you have prove it now.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2010
^^ Mr sule
i have not seen what u have contributed

why not go wan.k to death or STFU

if u wanna contribute, do or STFU
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by dozai: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2010
The truth may be bitter, but if truly that part of Nigeria was also ceded to them just like bakassi, then they have every right to claim it. Nigeria achieved their aim by ceding the land to them why not be a gentleman and let them have what is theirs.

I will never be in the group that will advocate for war. I hate wars, but an agreement has to be an agreement. Cameroun should just get their documents together and forward it to Hague.

I guess after that we will all know that its high time we stop having imbeciles and maniacs as our head of governments.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tpiah: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
let the nigerian govt or private investors build more ranches in other parts of nigeria.

lagos would have been ideal but this type of project requires too much land, so let them use other states like ondo, maybe nassarawa, kaduna, kebbi and/or a middle belt state like benue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Buhari To Reduce His 10 Presidential Jets – Presidency / Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal / Governor Dikko And Ibrahim Masari Visit President Tinubu At His Abuja Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.