Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea (26308 Views)

I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. / Why Should Obasanjo Be Envious Of Tinubu? (picture) / Buhari Jos Diehard Fan: 'I Will Vote For You With My Blood, Die For You' (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by GistMore: 5:57am On Nov 30, 2018
The national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, on Monday revealed his knowledge of football when Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi paid him a visit at his Bourdillon, Ikoyi home in Lagos.

Mikel, who plays in the Chinese Super League, had visited Tinubu to seek his support for Africa’s Next Football Superstar, a talent hunt programme initiated by the Mikel Obi Foundation.

But the ex-Chelsea midfielder, who won two EPL titles, three FA Cups, one Football League Cup as well as the UEFA Champions League and Europa League in 11 years at Stamford Bridge, was perhaps astonished when Tinubu displayed his huge knowledge of the game.

“I’m very proud and honoured to receive you (Mikel). I’m a great fan of football even though not much of a fan of your former club (Chelsea). I sincerely tried to watch Chelsea all the time you were there because you are a great talent,” Tinubu stated while receiving Mikel.

Tinubu in a chat with The PUNCH, revealed that he is a staunch follower of English Premier League giants Manchester United.

“Chelsea is not my club but he (Mikel) is my club and we will support his project. I’m a Man United fan to the core,” the former Governor of Lagos State said.

“Last weekend, I watched the Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea game with one eye because I’m always envious of Chelsea. I always wish we (Manchester United) beat them. I sympathise with him (Mikel), his former club had to take a hit from Tottenham.

“When Mikel was there however, I watched Chelsea each time he was on the pitch with both eyes because he’s a great talent. It’s been a wonderful homecoming for him and we will do everything to support him.”

Though he may not support Chelsea, Tinubu admitted his love for Mikel has seen him visit Stamford Bridge to watch the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner in action for the Blues.

“I’ve been to Chelsea to watch their games because of him (Mikel). I always want him to win, he’s a great midfielder. He’s helped the club a lot, he’s brought the name of the club up, he has the team spirit and camaradene, which made Chelsea proud.”

However, when Tinubu was asked about the dwindling fortunes of Manchester United, he replied, “Are we discussing only football today (Monday)? Right now I’m going to play my own game, politics. Whatever is happening to Man United, no one club can stay up forever. They’ve set a great record already and we would be back on top. I think we are around number seven in the English Premier League table now. It’s too early in the season to write us off, we will never say die.”

Thereafter, the respected politician walked briskly towards his Range Rover Sport, as his retinue of aides tried to outshine each other in opening the door for him.

News from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/as-a-man-united-fan-im-envious-of-chelsea-tinubu

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by GistMore: 5:57am On Nov 30, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by newbornmacho(m): 6:07am On Nov 30, 2018
Nonsense. Buhari is still going back to daura. grin grin

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:08am On Nov 30, 2018
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Nogodye(m): 6:12am On Nov 30, 2018
Haha APC fan but envious of PDP...

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by NaijaRoyelty: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2018
Jagaban of corruption

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2018
Come ontop to where?
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by yerokunphilips: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2018
wizzakosh:
Come ontop to where?
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by PointZerom: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2018
Tinubu the criminal, hope your mouth odour is not affecting MAN U performance?

cc Lzza Immhotep velocity25

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Flexherbal(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2018
A man's gift makes way for him!

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Chazzyboy: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2018
You mean as APC member you envy PDP?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by sunnymix: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2018
Apc:man u pdp:chelsea if you know you know... tinubu will soon atikulate..lol

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by adadike(f): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2018
agadi nwoke ihere adighi eme. Tata! Tinubu , God will not forgive you for plunging us into this quagmire. Because of your evil greed , you allowed the cabals to replace the dead Buhari with another wicked entity instead of a more qualified Osibande. The cabals have played on your intelligence and dribbled you like C Ronaldo, that you are now a Man U fan but jealous of Chelsea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Stalwert: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2018
grin grin no joy for ipob oh, my oga don't kill these cownurdices with envy

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by oluwasegun007(m): 11:36am On Nov 30, 2018
H
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Justseyii: 11:36am On Nov 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by BruncleZuma: 11:37am On Nov 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin

If Atiku had said this he'd been vilified by the online brown-noser battalion.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Kenekingisback: 11:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by ceejayMAX(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2018
MANU FOR LIFE

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by myettiallah: 11:37am On Nov 30, 2018
angry
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Mufasa27(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Question of the day grin

Which of the clubs is buhari supporting grin

Get it right and you stand a chance to win 10k Cefa wink

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Lordofthewest(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Watch how dumb Igbos will rush in here now to call mikel a traitor for meeting jagaban.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2018
sad
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Denikayan: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2018
newbornmacho:
Nonsense. Buhari is still going back to daura. grin grin

You have malaria

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Stalwert: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

If Atiku had said this he'd been vilified by the online brown-noser battalion.

e pain am support gaytiku anyone stop you

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by maklelemakukula(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2018
Explains Apc's consistent disappointments...Amaka United

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by abc115: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2018
It is a blessed thing that in every age someone has had the individuality enough and courage enough to stand by his own convictions.
- Robert G. Ingersoll
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Jothamthompson: 11:44am On Nov 30, 2018
BUHARI must Go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Promismike(m): 11:45am On Nov 30, 2018
Their is this simplicity some persons imbibe when they hav stayed in the developed countries for long.

Look how simple Mikel look.

But the funny thing is when they are back home. That simplicity vanishes. The inherent greed and show off appears.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by nairaman66(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2018
This guy sending a message he wants to jump ship back to the PDP!! Hehehe
Re: Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 30, 2018
You must learn the art of lying to people to be a politician. grin We all know this statement is a lie:

'When Mikel was there however, I watched Chelsea each time he was on the pitch with both eyes because he’s a great talent. It’s been a wonderful homecoming for him and we will do everything to support him.”

No be only both eyes. Even nose join. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Officially Hands Over 35 New BRT Buses To Civil Servants / Army Arrests Producers Of Fake National ID Cards For Boko Haram Terrorists / PDP Announces N3m For Chairmanship Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.