Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

: Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? (8833 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 4:23am On Aug 02, 2010
If look like at the money Abia and Imo state have collect from this Oil derivation scam. Which they want it to continue is more than the whole of yorubaland. Even nearly the same with the North.

That why the north have to stand up and raise for thier people and become majority, and remove the edo, delta Yorubas from nigeria. You can have the Igbo people. And it is also good for the igbo people they can easy 419 the north.

Abia N9 billion;
Imo, N6.5 billion

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=158368

The post-amnesty plans of the Federal Government were given more teeth yesterday as the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved about N200 billion for the execution of 44 projects in the nine states that make up the Niger Delta region. The states are Akwa Ibom, Abia, Bayelsa, Cross River, Edo, Delta, Imo, Ondo and Rivers. The projects involve the construction of bridges, roads, hospitals, provision of potable water, environmental impact assessment, among others, as reported exclusively by THISDAY last week. Information and Communi-cation Minister, Professor Dora Akunyili, who disclosed this at the end of the FEC meeting, said the projects would go a long way in opening up the Niger Delta and creating jobs in the region. The minister said the projects would be executed by the Niger Delta Development Commis-sion (NDDC) and the Petro-leum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). Although the minister did not disclose the source of the funding of the projects, THISDAY gathered that they would be funded partly from Federal Government's share of the $2 billion excess crude shared a fortnight ago among the three tiers of government – local, state and Federal. A breakdown of the projects showed that Abia has four projects valued at N9 billion; Akwa Ibom, four projects valued at N10.2 billion; Bayelsa, six projects valued at N29 billion; Cross Rivers, three projects valued at N6.6 billion; and Delta, six projects valued at N50 billion. Others are Edo, three projects valued at N7 billion; Imo, four projects valued at N6.5 billion; Ondo, three projects valued at N22.5 billion; and Rivers, 11 projects valued at 35.6 billion. The projects also include a N14.9 billion contract for the development of the newly established Federal Polytech-nic of Oil and Gas, sited in Bayelsa and another N5.72 billion for the upgrade of the Petroleum Technology Institute (PTI) sited in Effrum, Delta State. Akunyili also said FEC set aside N412.4 million for the construction of six units of two-bedroom duplex for the National College of Petroleum Studies in Kaduna the National College of Petroleum Studies, Kaduna, which trains senior executive level manpower for the oil and gas sector. FEC, the minister said, also awarded contracts in the sum of $785,968.00 for the supply and installation of radiology equipment for hospitals in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Akunyili explained that council approved the contract to enable the FCT administration improve its healthcare delivery system through the provision of adequate modern facilities to the hospitals in the territory. In addition, she said, council considered and approved the memo by the President for the award of contract for the supply of one unit M1-17 Search And Rescue (SAR) helicopter for use by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) at the cost of $14.5 million. This became imperative because of the great expansion in the activities of the agency over the years to enable it enhance its statutory functions.

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Vainglory: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2010
Becomrich. You see the wayo in Nigeria. Ondo is the least oil producer in Nigeria yet it got N22.5b while a big oil producing state like Abia got N9b. But not to worry. By the time Ijaws leave with their oil, its nothing for you. Ejoo.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
[size=18pt]Vainglory , Do you think the OPC needs to make the life of Igbo in Yorubaland unbearable before you listen. Or do they need to burn down Orji Kalu properties before you stop the joke. why do people need to use violent on you before you make change.
You know what OPC can do to the Igbos in Yoruba. I dont have to tell you.
[/size]
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
[size=18pt]What do you see in the hand of OPC members.That is guns. They have more than 200 times members than MEND. It is better to avoid violent. And keep peace. Yes, you have collected money illegally, You can see, I have not used the word stole. I do not want to call you a thief or ole or barawo. I dont believe in using words like that. But we are saying it should stop. period. Do they have to close all your shops for you to start calling Jonathan to make a change. what if OPC take over your shops , and claim it thier own, and never give you back, you would see how it would affect the south east economy. start calling Jonathan to make a change. [/size]
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
Be good to people. If you dont treat people well. OPC also have the right to take  over your shops.business , and claim it thier own, and never give you back, you would see how it would affect the south east economy.

Dont assume they would shut down your business for 1 month OPC dont do that any more. THEY TAKE OVER AND NEVER GIVE BACK., they would claim it and never return it back to you and give it to OPC members as thier own share of the national cake. So call Jonathan now to make the change.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2010
becomrich3:

Be good to people. If you dont treat people well. OPC also have the right to take  over your shops.business , and claim it thier own, and never give you back, you would see how it would affect the south east economy.

Dont assume they would shut down your business for 1 month OPC dont do that any more. THEY TAKE OVER AND NEVER GIVE BACK., they would claim it and never return it back to you and give it to OPC members as thier own share of the national cake. So call Jonathan now to make the change.

BECOMERICH, OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS FOR YOU;
1. YOU CLAIM THERE IS NO OIL IN ABIA AND IMO STATES, DID YOU PARENTS EVER MENTIONED TO YOU ABOUT ANY PLACE CALLED "OWAZA" OR "OHAJI EGBEMA" IN ABIA AND IMO STATES RESPECTIVELY?
2. WHERE WERE THE OPC DURING THE BIAFRAN/NIGERIAN WAR?

WHEN YOU ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY, I WILL THEN REVEAL MY IDENTITY AND ASK FOR OUR MEETING IN ANY PLACE OF YOUR CHOICE,
BUT FOR NOW, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO REFRAIN FROM MAKING CLAIMS YOU CAN'T DEFEND,

NOTE: NDIGBO ARE NOT KNOWN AS COWARDS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, AND FOR THE RECORDS "OPC" ARE NOT WELL FEED YET, TO FACE NDIGBO!
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
EVEN THE BAKASSI BOYS HAS BETTER GUNS, AND MUSCLES, smiley smiley
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
what local govt is OWAZA, But you can OHAJI EGBEMA local govt yourself. Look for it.

Satellite picture of OHAJI EGBEMA

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
becomrich3:

what local govt is OWAZA, But you can OHAJI EGBEMA local govt yourself. Look for it.

Satellite picture of OHAJI EGBEMA

KID, AM SO SORRY FOR YOU!
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2010
This is how civil war started in other africa countries and see thier picture. Some people believe they only believe in cheating.
And they want to continue the cheating. I am just saying we can be smarted than this africa countries.
Look it involve droping pride. Gowon and Ojukwu did not drop thier pride. We end up in a civil war, that killed millions of life.
In nigeria 15 million people wuld die.

[img]http://www.usm.maine.edu/~kuzma/security/projects/2002/carnes/skulls.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img186.imageshack.us/i/rwandagenocidekillings3vh2.jpg/[/img]

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by seanet02: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2010
Becomerich i stand by you.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Abagworo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2010
haha.becomerich is poorly informed.imo state has oil wells at izombe,awo omamma,oguta,orsu obodo,ohaji,egbema,njaba,owerri.nigerias first oil was discovered in owerri but was said not to be of commercial quantity.the first shell camp is still there at orlu road,owerri.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
If you mean this one. It is at the border of rivers state and Imo state.   But Imo state get 2.5% of the derivation revenue. That does not make sense and rivers state has dispute over this things. and you can see river state town very close.

If something is not of commercial quantity , why should you get paid for it.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2010
Abagworo:

haha.becomerich is poorly informed.imo state has oil wells at izombe,awo omamma,oguta,orsu obodo,ohaji,egbema,njaba,owerri.nigerias first oil was discovered in owerri but was said not to be of commercial quantity.the first shell camp is still there at orlu road,owerri.

@BECOMERICH; SO ALL THESE COMMUNITIES MENTIONED HERE ARE ALL AT THE BORDER BETWEEN IMO AND RIVERS STATE?   EVEN MY WIFE'S COMMUNITY (AWO).
MEANWHILE, AM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR MAP REGARDING "owaza" IN ABIA STATE,  OR DON'T YOU HAVE THAT NAME IN YOUR MAP?

NOTE; OWAZA IS NOT AN L.G.A, IT'S A COMMUNITY JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER OIL COMMUNITY MENTIONED HERE, , SO I GUESS YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER,

AND REMEMBER, NDIGBO ARE NOT COWARDS.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
I cant find anything in abia state. Sorry.

Let me be honest with you, the nigeria govt is telling a lie about oil because they want to keep nigeria one by force.

You see the newspaper are telling lies too because they want to keep the north and been able to circulate their newspapers in the north.

Businessmen are doing the same to keep the north to been able to take thier money. same thing with the banks, but sanusi knows that. too many lies about oil. How can you drill for 40 years and it would be the same. It is just to decieve the north. there is oil but not what they claim.

Most of the story of new oil discovery are lies to deceive the north to remain in nigeria so that newspaper , banks and business can continue milking them.

Why the north think there is oil. so they think they should remain, the southern businessmen decieve to be able to continue to milk them. Even church are into this thing to get tithe and offering.  By the time the north wakes up to discover the truth, they would be paying taxes to take care of people in bayelsa state. Mugu catch mugu. North be mugu.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Vainglory: 2:26am On Aug 03, 2010
Becomrich. Why you dey threaten me with OPC because I told you the truth. Ondo has the least oil in Nigeria yet they collected all that money. Wiy are you supporting fraud, Becomrich? Though Ondo will lose all the oil wells soon.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Ikengawo: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2010
they just found oil on my fathers land in Imo state you dumb ass.
lol
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
Vainglory did I threaten you. You need a doctor. I am telling you where your nation is heading to. Trouble.
Go to congo and see the capital of congo. How do you think Abuja would look like in a civil war. You know that is where most of the battle during Nigeria second civil war would be.

The battle of Nigeria second civil war would be to take over abuja, by all rebel group. God know how many rebel group would be there. Even now, there is MEND, MOSSOB, OPC, BOKO HArma, Arewa liberation group,Middle belt front etc. Already. You know they all need to take over the capital Abuja. So they have to destroy all the building in abuja to take over control.

Imagine that this is only this six group . If One group takes over today another takes over tomorrow etc. This is how it happens in africa countries. And they need to destroy all the building in Abuja. On do you think they would be trying to capture Yola or osogbo, NO. There would be only one prize. ABUJA. And with rocket fire, airplane bomb and all that. What would remain in building . Nothing. We have to ve smart as a nation and not end up and been stupid like most africa countries. It is better to keep what you have during breakup than loss everything in a civil. Look at some of the building they are going to bomb and ask if nigeria should not break now so that they do not destroy this building.

Ask yourself this question, if it is nor worth saving the city of Abuja. Look at Abuja the city that would be bomb and destroyed.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/145693_2581265772_457444c023_b_jpgf2b5b1a76d0e422f0549a22003aa867d
www.nairaland.com/attachments/145784_Abuja_at_Night_jpg43c1ea82e1ea4745de1d9494b643dacd
www.nairaland.com/attachments/146025_Scene_jpgd436d9b19a3878451ed15deb28b22090

www.nairaland.com/attachments/146339_P1000937_JPG392cb475967df06839f59c9c95ac71ca
www.nairaland.com/attachments/146343_more_jpg8d16ca0ff73f2976af82a64830f2c51b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/146406_abuja_jpg65a8d7bfcb4bd33444d889ba3bfef9ae

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2010
Becomrich. Why you dey threaten me with OPC because I told you the truth. Ondo has the least oil in Nigeria yet they collected all that money. Wiy are you supporting fraud, Becomrich? Though Ondo will lose all the oil wells soon.

You if you say delta state own that creek, which is a lie. The reason why it is a lie. Is if you look at the blue line that area is Ikale area. Are you people saying that there is no Ilaje people in Ondo state. that they are all in delta state. The answer is that can not be true. Every nigerian knows that.

So that creek separate ondo and delta state. Like you see, the so call "delta oil" really belong to ondo state.

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 12:22am On Aug 04, 2010
see bakassi

Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 12:30am On Aug 04, 2010
The implication is that this would reduce delta state derivation by nearly 60% and give it to ondo state.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Vainglory: 12:50am On Aug 04, 2010
Becomrich. I can see that you dont want to face the reality. Ondo is about to be removed from the oil producing states and you are here dreaming of taking over more oil from delta. Wake up.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Abagworo(m): 1:00am On Aug 04, 2010
but why is this oil so important to becomerich?
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Vainglory: 5:35am On Aug 04, 2010
why worry? Just have fun.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Vainglory: 5:50am On Aug 04, 2010
@ Becomrich. What has Ilaje got to do with the fact that Ondo should not collect derivation for the little oil they produce yet they collect billions. By the time Delta state claims back the few wells in Ondo, its nothing for you. I know you are planning to move to Benin Republic with our oil but it no go work.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2010
What I am telling you, is that the place delta state is claiming to be its own is in Ondo state. It is Ilaje land. And not delta state. the only way delta state can make claim to that money is if Ilaje land are not in Ondo state. But everybody in Nigeria knows where Ilaje people live. Ondo state.

What Ngozi Iweala did was wrong and she should offer an apology to the people of Ondo state. You dont pay peter to rob paul. And delta too has to agree that it was a mistake by Ngozi iweala ministry. or she claim delta state.  what it means is that ondo state produce more than 20% of nigeria oil and not delta state as claim. Flow stations that delta has, produce less .
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
Akingbola is from Ondo too. they can ask any ondo person, if my statement are true, even agagu. everyone in ondo state , even nigeria knows this. But Ngozi iweala should offer apology to Ondo state from many years they have been denied our oil revenue have gone to delta state.

Ondo state needs an Official Apology from Ngozi Iweala.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by becomrich3: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2010
Abagworo, who claim that is the way aba and onitsha looks like. Are you ok. the 2 street are the heart of aba and onitsha. Other places in city do not look like that. Go to youtube. Azikiwe street is the largest commerce area in aba. It is like the broad street of aba.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Abagworo(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2010
becomrich3:

Abagworo, who claim that is the way aba and onitsha looks like. Are you ok. the 2 street are the heart of aba and onitsha. Other places in city do not look like that. Go to youtube. Azikiwe street is the largest commerce area in aba. It is like the broad street of aba.

becomerich please pay a visit to those towns and see for yourself.the owerri pix was more detailed.it is not only the bigger towns but even smaller ones like orlu,nnewi,umuahia,abakaliki and awka.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by Dede1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2010
@OP

You need to junk the useless and idiotic efforts you expand on the inconsequential and moronic satellite photographs. Ondo has never had crude oil and will never have any crude oil.

Please educate yourself on the history of crude oil in the protectorates that formed Nigeria. It is very shameful Shell D’arcy labored so hard in 1948 to locate crude oil in Ondo but found nothing. Yet the greedy sons of bitch in Nigeria had the audacity to include the same Ondo as the crude oil producing state. What a fallacy.
Re: : Why Is Nigeria govt Given Imo And Abia Oil Derivation ? by odumdesmond: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2012
becomrich3: Here is my point Imo and abia are collecting oil derivation, but do you see any oil on the satellite picture no. Also check the date on the satellite picture. They are just tricking you. The national assembly can send people to those two state and ask Orji the governor to show them the 1000 oil well he claim he has.

The sad thing about it, what was Ngozi Iweala role in this scam. And the national assembly need to bring her to Abuja , and explain. Should Abia and Imo state revenue should be deducted for all the 9 years that up to the national assembly. Should delta state pay back ondo state too?

You would also notice that bayelsa state is owning delta state money. Ngozi Iweala need to come put clear what happened. If she claim she is a christain?
most of u like the author of this post speak out of sheer ignorance and short memory. Is that map the mineral deposit map of Nigeria? Surely am from Delta state and shud ve no interest in protecting Abia, Imo and even Anambra(that geological evidence shows has large deposit of fossil fuel in it). The truth is that these states ve variuos commercial quantity of oil and gas deposits and some oil majors are exploring them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway: FG Kicks Out Bi-courtney, Award Contracts To Berger, RC / Police & MASSOB Clash In Anambra, 11 Injured, 5 Arrested / Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.