Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy (43530 Views)

TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' / Pastor Paul Enenche Responds To Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog And A Bastard / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Firebomber: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2018
notoriousbabe:
I'm sure his pastor father helped him to wroted this letter, a small boy of his age cannot wroted this kind of letter, someone wroted it for him

did you think every one is raise to be as useless as someone that spend most of his time in sexuality section and find it difficult to spell 'wrote'. I'm still looking for the word 'wroted' in my dictionary. braindead
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by akeensbussy(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2018
Religion is indeed a scam.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by babyfaceafrica: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2018
bedspread:
There is no Wealthy person that is not involved in Givings and Sacrifices! It's not possible
proof,statistics, research to back up this claim?
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Repentoday: 9:46am On Dec 09, 2018
Thanks for this write up, may God increase your knowledge and understanding to know Him the more.
I think Freeze needs the touch of God in his life, he is yielding himself to Satan to use him as an instrument of destruction to the
body of Christ . He should be careful for his SOUL. Judas yielded to Satan and he lost his soul. Freeze still have apple opportunity
to say NO to Satan so that what happened to Judas will not happen to him. God loves him and would not want him to go the way
he is yielding himself as instrument of destruction to the body of Pastors and Ministers of God. I pray that his eyes of understanding
will be opened and that he, FREEZE will become instrument of God in this generation and that himself and family will be saved.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2018
sean079:
Religion is a control mechanism to raise army of foot soldiers to Fight common or personal cause. Any member of all these mega churches is indirectly building an empire for the owner of the church. The day i realise dis fact dat day i stop going to church. We are just building powerful overlords reason u see everyone striving to be a pastor. This foot soldiers are also ignorant meaning u can’t think for yourself. All important decision about your life has to be inline with ur pastor teaching. Well European method is still the best where the state regulate the activities of all churches. State collect all dis tith directly from member salary and in turn provide the basic needs of the church like building and maintainance. Hardly, before seeing famous man of God from europe. China is destroying religious body today because they realise that citizen loyalty should be towards chinese state not any religion.
If Nigeria want to be great today then same must be practice where our religion has to be Nigeria itself not to Rome, Mecca , Jerusalem , india NOR other any foreign religion.

I keep telling people dat religious matter have eaten deep inside our brain

Dats y we are so timid wen it comes to d growth of the state or country
With d metality of if I suffer for earth I go enjoy for heaven -fella
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Firebomber: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Is this boy saying he has never seen pastors threaten tithe holders?
A prominent pastor called tithe holders robbers recently

Adeboye argued that non paying member will not see heaven

lol..

I still don't know the reason why the word 'tithe' is given both Muslim and atheist sleepless night like this....

lol.. well I hope you won't commit suicide sha because we will never stop paying tithe.. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Repentoday: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2018
Boboye4slim:
I wanna ask a question. My intentions are not to insult you in anyway, just curious.

I’ve learnt first hand that most of these pastors you talk about don't coerce or force the people to pay. They always out of generosity propel themselves to give to these pastors. Now, If you ask the churches or pastors not to receive supports or tithes from the congregation, how do you expect the church to grow and expand the teaching of Gods word?? Or are you saying the churches need not to be run at all?? Even if this big men of God suddenly run down, are the churches going to run down too??

I think what you should be agitating for is that pastors need to be accountable and properly use this money to help the needy. You fighting a full blown war against the church, I said this because of the way you attacked the experience program which isn’t a platform to extort tithe or funds from the people. At this rate, you come against anything that pertains to churches. There are tons of intelligent people in the USA, Canada, China, developed countries like that, still, their churches pay tithes and support the ministry.

The Catholic Church receives tithes and offerings, there’s no church in the world that doesn’t receive tithe and support from her congregation, if they don’t, how else will the gospel progress. If your fight is against the accountability of Nigerian pastors, that’d be so understandable and logical, but this spilled over outbursts against anything church in Nigeria is in my opinion needless.

I have never in my 16 years of existence heard where congregations are coerced to pay tithe or support the church. In winners chapel, there’s even a platform where money are lend to borrowers with no interest, There’s a platform where after every service, food , clothes etc are shared among people that need them. In the cell fellowship centers in Winners Chapel, you can talk to your cell ministers when you are in need and those needs would be met ranging from paying school fees to paying rents and so on, you can’t tell me that’s a lie cuz I am living testimony to that. The buses to and fro Canaanland used to be free until running them became hard, now it’s only free for new converts.

So this things aren’t run on leaves but money. And this congregation are always happy to give to the church. After all when people spend huge amount in clubs on liquor, on gamble, or on the needy, on relatives, for friends, on habits, on hubbies.....when people spend on these factors no one complains. So why is that you see giving to church as a waste?

You blame the church for our country being the world poverty capital of the world. Do you want winners chapel or redeemed or MFM to start running Nigeria with the contributions of its congregations? Contributions that you still bash them about? Imagine what Bishop Oyedepo has done with covenant University of 10 years, now imagine if he has access to a vast national resources that UI or OAU enjoys. Why are you blaming the church for the nations poverty?? Was Jesus in charge of the nation’s economy in his time? Was he in charge of military? In charge of public hospitals? If you want the church to take over the affairs of Nigeria, why don’t you implore the government to handover to the church?? There’s the government and there’s the church. Both have their functions. The church can only voice out and advise the government on what to do, it’s left for the government to do something about it.

I know of course that freeze would spin and spin and grammar everyone against his opinion down but I think at the end of the day he knows the truth.
Thanks for this write up, may God increase your knowledge and understanding to know Him the more.
I think Freeze needs the touch of God in his life, he is yielding himself to Satan to use him as an instrument of destruction to the
body of Christ . He should be careful for his SOUL. Judas yielded to Satan and he lost his soul. Freeze still have apple opportunity
to say NO to Satan so that what happened to Judas will not happen to him. God loves him and would not want him to go the way
he is yielding himself as instrument of destruction to the body of Pastors and Ministers of God. I pray that his eyes of understanding
will be opened and that he, FREEZE will become instrument of God in this generation and that himself and family will be saved.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by mrvitalis(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2018
tobillionaire:
see, I be ijebu boy. hope you know what I mean I'm so frugal.
See this one... For your mind juju is real
Lool let them keep scamming u
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by IkpuMmadu: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2018
Catholics don't receive tithes and their don't make it must to place tithing as a must they only receive offerings
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by GRACEGLORY: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Boboye4slim:
I wanna ask a question. My intentions are not to insult you in anyway, just curious.

I’ve learnt first hand that most of these pastors you talk about don't coerce or force the people to pay. They always out of generosity propel themselves to give to these pastors. Now, If you ask the churches or pastors not to receive supports or tithes from the congregation, how do you expect the church to grow and expand the teaching of Gods word?? Or are you saying the churches need not to be run at all?? Even if this big men of God suddenly run down, are the churches going to run down too??

I think what you should be agitating for is that pastors need to be accountable and properly use this money to help the needy. You fighting a full blown war against the church, I said this because of the way you attacked the experience program which isn’t a platform to extort tithe or funds from the people. At this rate, you come against anything that pertains to churches. There are tons of intelligent people in the USA, Canada, China, developed countries like that, still, their churches pay tithes and support the ministry.

The Catholic Church receives tithes and offerings, there’s no church in the world that doesn’t receive tithe and support from her congregation, if they don’t, how else will the gospel progress. If your fight is against the accountability of Nigerian pastors, that’d be so understandable and logical, but this spilled over outbursts against anything church in Nigeria is in my opinion needless.

I have never in my 16 years of existence heard where congregations are coerced to pay tithe or support the church. In winners chapel, there’s even a platform where money are lend to borrowers with no interest, There’s a platform where after every service, food , clothes etc are shared among people that need them. In the cell fellowship centers in Winners Chapel, you can talk to your cell ministers when you are in need and those needs would be met ranging from paying school fees to paying rents and so on, you can’t tell me that’s a lie cuz I am living testimony to that. The buses to and fro Canaanland used to be free until running them became hard, now it’s only free for new converts.

So this things aren’t run on leaves but money. And this congregation are always happy to give to the church. After all when people spend huge amount in clubs on liquor, on gamble, or on the needy, on relatives, for friends, on habits, on hubbies.....when people spend on these factors no one complains. So why is that you see giving to church as a waste?

You blame the church for our country being the world poverty capital of the world. Do you want winners chapel or redeemed or MFM to start running Nigeria with the contributions of its congregations? Contributions that you still bash them about? Imagine what Bishop Oyedepo has done with covenant University of 10 years, now imagine if he has access to a vast national resources that UI or OAU enjoys. Why are you blaming the church for the nations poverty?? Was Jesus in charge of the nation’s economy in his time? Was he in charge of military? In charge of public hospitals? If you want the church to take over the affairs of Nigeria, why don’t you implore the government to handover to the church?? There’s the government and there’s the church. Both have their functions. The church can only voice out and advise the government on what to do, it’s left for the government to do something about it.

I know of course that freeze would spin and spin and grammar everyone against his opinion down but I think at the end of the day he knows the truth.

He's not to be asked these questions, if he had answers to these questions, his quest won't be to criticise them.
The scriptures answers the questions.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by jamace(m): 9:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Little one, pls don't add the Catholic Church to the whims and caprices o this new generational churches.

In the Catholic church all monies received is owned by the church while in these new generation churches the pastors/GO owns everything and only reserve a small portion for the church.

Note that the Catholic Church is owned by all members while these other churches are private enterprises.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Reference(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2018
obailala:

A lot of people are ignorant of the meaning of the word 'force'.

Tell a person who reveres your words that if he doesnt give you a certain amount of your money, he would suffer misfortunes, die and be condemned to hell. When you're charged to court in a civilized society for psychological blackmail, go ahead and tell the judge you didnt force the person. I would love to see how that case turns out.

Meanwhile I wonder why 419 or Yahoo Yahoo is still regarded as a crime in Nigeria. After all, according to Nigeria's understanding of law, the victims weren't forced.

I think you have hit the very bottom in trying to insinuate that the collection of church offerings amounts to fraud simply because fraud is an act of subtelty and the manipulation of the mind for gain.

For your information tithes and offerings are statutory in the kingdom of God. They are not spiritually optional. They are the taxes and levies of the kingdom of God similar to the taxes and levies of the kingdom of man. Fraud on the other hand is not statutory but arbitrary. It cannot be published, it cannot be presented as true or legit. It is opportunistic.

And I think this is where Christians miss it completely in explaining what goes on in the kingdom of God to those who are without. You donot have an option in taxation. You cannot and should not evade it even if the governmemt has no power to withdraw it forcibly from your account. And just like earthly taxes and levies there are benefits in paying them to you as an individual and there are penalties to pay for evading them.

In the old testament these penalties were physical but to the gentiles and the new testament church these penalties are purely spiritual and since the interaction of God with man is based solely on the grace of Jesus Christ both blessings and punishments are simply the application and withdrawal of grace which means a serious difference between the welfare or battles a typical Christian faces.

No one physically forces anyone because it is expected that the understanding of these things should prompt a positive response. So you cannot say because the message and practice of tithing and offerings is one of mental persuation so it amounts to fraud by deception. No. It is rather the teaching of the ways of the kingdom similar to the teachings you will receive if you pass through the immigration system of a foreign country in the process of getting a new citizenship.

If you accuse the church of using subtely then you may as well accuse the government of using fraudulent means to collect taxes and levies from its citizens when it advertises for people to pay up. What we should do on both sides of the kingdom is to be more open, accountable and respectful of the sacrifices the citizens of these two distinct kingdoms make in paying.... speaking to leaders of the country and leaders of the church.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Be sure of what you type ; The Catholic Church receives tithes and offerings, there’s no church in the world that doesn’t receive tithe and support from her congregation

I have attended catholic masses in US, Canada and UK and not once have I heard the mention of tithes.

Yes offering collected (in most cases oyibo put coins self. They little left over changes ) but tithes or even a mandatory one . Never heard that

Just a little history bro...

In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church used to sell “Indulgences” for the forgiveness of sins.

A more outrageous con, if I were asked.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by ekestic1976(f): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2018
iamswizz:
Did Jesus pay tithe? To be a Christian, you have to be Christ like, that means following all the doings of Jesus..

Well in my church, I am always reminded how I am robbing God if I don’t pay tithe and we even have a title card for recording every Sunday tithe

Now, if blessings come from paying tithe, how come there are very successful Muslims? Jehova witness don’t pay tithe, God blesses anybody he so desires and nobody should be bothered if I am robbing my father by not paying tithe, he is my father and he will understand
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by DrGabbi(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2018
tstx:
We were sitting ducks, waiting for someone, anyone to come and impose their will on us..

Na me colonize you so you must worship my God <--- This Here Was The Mentality of Colonizers.

If the Arabs had occupied Nigeria first before The Brits... I'm 200000% sure 98% of Nigerians would be muslims. And would believe in Mohammed.

Don't get caught in all this which Religion is supreme nonsense arguments.
None is Supreme.
God is for all
Religion is a tool in the arsenal of cultural superiority

Even the bible we dey talk about was influence by other religions

Five Ways The Bible Was Influenced By Other Religions

Love is the one true Religion..

Why are you thinking like me and other sane people. You must be one of the few ones around hers. We should talk.
Respect for this post!!!! �

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by djon78(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2018
jamace:
Little one, pls don't add the Catholic Church to the whims and caprices o this new generational churches.

In the Catholic church all monies received is owned by the church while in these new generation churches the pastors/GO owns everything and only reserve a small portion for the church.

Note that the Catholic Church is owned by all members while these other churches are private enterprises.

Is Redeemed Christian Church of God owned by anyone
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2018
It is comfortable for us to give our 10% to church rather helping that homeless woman opposite the church. Some of these poor guys need only N50,000 to start a livelihood. I have done it before, and I will do it again this month.
And yes , they are coerced by reading Mal 3:8 to them. They make them believe if you don't give to church , you can't be blessed. My dear, there are natural laws that enhance blessing, one of them is giving. It has nothing to do with your religion or belief. Give to your parent, widows, orphans, the poor, to the society, these are more important than tithe because when you do, you are helping humanity and God will be pleased with you. That boy on your street that's not going to school, get him back to school. Some stopped going to school because of ordinary N1000 levy or PTA levy. There are poor people bro!!! We should preach love in our churches and mosques. There's no love here!!!

Those countries you mentioned, check their poverty level. Have you ever attended a church service in the west? Not any African church o, I mean oyinbo church. You will understand what we are doing here in Nigeria is different.

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Fazemood(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2018
notoriousbabe:
I'm sure his pastor father helped him to wroted this letter, a small boy of his age cannot wroted this kind of letter, someone wroted it for him
grin Exactly what I am about to wroted, that you have wroted... Pls let's keep wroting the truth grin
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 09, 2018
No b who get work day pay tithe?

How many Nigerians get work?
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by jamace(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2018
My dear young man read below and learn:

IF THIS ISNT ABNORMAL, I WONDER WHAT IS.

Richest Churches in the world.

1- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- $40 Billion +

2- Catholic Church - $30 billion +

3- church of England - $7.8 Billion +

4- Opus Dei - $ 2.8 Billion +

Now observe that there is no;

RCCG
Winners
Christ Embassy
Synagogue
No Pentecostal church at all

RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD

1 Bishop Oyedepo- $150 Million
2 Bishop TD Jakes - $147 Million
3 Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - $50 Million
4 Pastor Benny Hinn - $42 Million
5 Pastor Adeboye - $39m
6 Pastor Creflo Dollar - $27m (He used to be #1)
7 Pastor Kenneth Copeland - $25m
8 Evangelist Billy Graham - $25m
9 Prophet TB Joshua $10m
10 Pastor Joseph Prince $5m

Observe again that none of the 4 richest churches mentioned have their leaders on this list of Richest Pastor.

The Pope is not here
The Arch Bishop of Canterbury is not here
The Bishop of Opus Dei is not here
The Director of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint is not here.

Now observe again.

6 out of the 10 Richest Pastors are blacks, with their congregation being predominantly blacks

4 out of the 10 richest Pastors have their churches in Nigeria the poverty capital of the world, the 147the most corrupt nation of the world, the home to the second deadliest terrorist group, the most unsafe place to give birth to in the world.

Observe as well the the Richest Churches are situated in

1- America
2- Vatican city
3- England

These are amongst the most safe, less corrupt and most prosperous Nations.

Like I said, if this isn't abnormal then nothing is abnormal.

Source of Date used: Wikipedia

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by demovertion: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2018
Nonsense!!! really
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by BruncleZuma: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2018
SUCKABLE88:
Sense no be by age. Nice one
He's not gotten to the age of sufferage...

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Olibboy: 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
martowskin1:
What is the benefits of religion to Nigeria..... Am still yet to see any benefit
correct...
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Chukwudi4naija(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Otunski:
I just hope Daddy Freeze would be intelligent enough to answer this boy without insulting his parents.
What is intelligent about what the boy said. He only relayed the rubbish he is been brainwashed to believe. He is been probably attending church where they sing 'if you pay your tithe, windows of heaven will open for you' kind of song. You would have had a different belief if your significant others were in different religion other than the one you hold now so tightly. When it comes to religion, Africans jettison critical reasoning capable of producing a valid and sound judgement.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by BruncleZuma: 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
Evangelicals and their proclivity for criminal tendencies...

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Rhozabeth(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2018
The only sensible defense I have seen for the church! Not even the pastors was able to defend the church this sensibly!
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by paulpery: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2018
The fact that everyone is doing something that is wrong, doesn't make it right. They extorting the congregation. Period

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2018
But truth b told sha
Church don give some pastor work sha o

Every Sunday salary at least for winners like 50k must follow d pastor go hux, ,,,,d rest na d GO get am

Church na business o

I wan learn pastorial work o abeg
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by dancewith: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2018
obailala:

A lot of people are ignorant of the meaning of the word 'force'.

Tell a person who reveres your words that if he doesnt give you a certain amount of your money, he would suffer misfortunes, die and be condemned to hell. When you're charged to court in a civilized society for psychological blackmail, go ahead and tell the judge you didnt force the person. I would love to see how that case turns out.

Meanwhile I wonder why 419 or Yahoo Yahoo is still regarded as a crime in Nigeria. After all, according to Nigeria's understanding of law, the victims weren't forced.

This is a wrong analogy. The fraudsters decieve their victims often the victims assume they are sending money to someone they aren't. In some cases they're fooled into paying for non existent goods. That a fraud

What the boy is saying is the tithers pay out of their faith, beliefs and generosity. Many supported a cause they believed in just like many supports their candidates in an election because they believe in them. They pay cos they are toeing a biblical path. Their faith. It's like asking a Moslem why he must pray 5 times a day or spend huge resources to go to Mecca where he might die

Let he or she practise in peace what they believed in. There is no emotional blackmail here. This is biblical and if they believe it to be so, it is entirely their act.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by ollah2: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2018
clemzo101:
I have a feeling Freeze will be disgraced soon

Technically, Jesus was also disgraced and killed like a roach alongside two thieves
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by jamace(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2018
djon78:

Is Redeemed Christian Church of God owned by anyone
You can feign ignorance, na you sabi.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by ollah2: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2018
dancewith:

This is a wrong analogy. The fraudsters decieve their victims often the victims assume they are sending money to someone they aren't. In some cases they're fooled into paying for non existent goods. That a fraud

What the boy is saying is the tithers pay out of their faith, beliefs and generosity. Many supported a cause they believed in just like many supports their candidates in an election because they believe in them. They pay cos they are toeing a biblical path. Their faith. It's like asking a Moslem why he must pray 5 times a day or spend huge resources to go to Mecca where he might die

Let he or she practise in peace what they believed in. There is no emotional blackmail here. This is biblical and if they believe it to be so, it is entirely their act.

Pls explain the screenshots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Animals Supposedly Praying / (testimony) I Struggled With Homosexuality For More Than 9years / Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.