Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy (43529 Views)

TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' / Pastor Paul Enenche Responds To Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog And A Bastard / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by TruthHurts100: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2018
Boboye4slim:
I wanna ask a question. My intentions are not to insult you in anyway, just curious.

I’ve learnt first hand that most of these pastors you talk about don't coerce or force the people to pay. They always out of generosity propel themselves to give to these pastors. Now, If you ask the churches or pastors not to receive supports or tithes from the congregation, how do you expect the church to grow and expand the teaching of Gods word?? Or are you saying the churches need not to be run at all?? Even if this big men of God suddenly run down, are the churches going to run down too??

I think what you should be agitating for is that pastors need to be accountable and properly use this money to help the needy. You fighting a full blown war against the church, I said this because of the way you attacked the experience program which isn’t a platform to extort tithe or funds from the people. At this rate, you come against anything that pertains to churches. There are tons of intelligent people in the USA, Canada, China, developed countries like that, still, their churches pay tithes and support the ministry.

The Catholic Church receives tithes and offerings, there’s no church in the world that doesn’t receive tithe and support from her congregation, if they don’t, how else will the gospel progress. If your fight is against the accountability of Nigerian pastors, that’d be so understandable and logical, but this spilled over outbursts against anything church in Nigeria is in my opinion needless.

I have never in my 16 years of existence heard where congregations are coerced to pay tithe or support the church. In winners chapel, there’s even a platform where money are lend to borrowers with no interest, There’s a platform where after every service, food , clothes etc are shared among people that need them. In the cell fellowship centers in Winners Chapel, you can talk to your cell ministers when you are in need and those needs would be met ranging from paying school fees to paying rents and so on, you can’t tell me that’s a lie cuz I am living testimony to that. The buses to and fro Canaanland used to be free until running them became hard, now it’s only free for new converts.

So this things aren’t run on leaves but money. And this congregation are always happy to give to the church. After all when people spend huge amount in clubs on liquor, on gamble, or on the needy, on relatives, for friends, on habits, on hubbies.....when people spend on these factors no one complains. So why is that you see giving to church as a waste?

You blame the church for our country being the world poverty capital of the world. Do you want winners chapel or redeemed or MFM to start running Nigeria with the contributions of its congregations? Contributions that you still bash them about? Imagine what Bishop Oyedepo has done with covenant University of 10 years, now imagine if he has access to a vast national resources that UI or OAU enjoys. Why are you blaming the church for the nations poverty?? Was Jesus in charge of the nation’s economy in his time? Was he in charge of military? In charge of public hospitals? If you want the church to take over the affairs of Nigeria, why don’t you implore the government to handover to the church?? There’s the government and there’s the church. Both have their functions. The church can only voice out and advise the government on what to do, it’s left for the government to do something about it.

I know of course that freeze would spin and spin and grammar everyone against his opinion down but I think at the end of the day he knows the truth.

Lol, anybody who believes a 16year old wrote this must be very stupid. Daddy freeze and all these pastors are all the same. Thieves. All after money. Why tell lies to pass a message across. Now using the innocence of kinds in an evil way. Awon werey gbo gbo
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by LamidicownuBSS: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2018
Dude frez or Wat ever he is called, he can talk from now till he die, nothing will change

he is just wasting his time, church of God has come to stay and it unshakable

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by sarutobi: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2018
I want to beleive the OP has never attended any church in Nigeria.

Most of them FORCE you to part with your money with cheap blackmails or promise of blessing which is usually a mirage.

The church is a game of numbers. A pastor will tell his 5000 members that someone in the church will get a promotion soon. Of course out of 5000 people, someone will definitely get a promotion soon! Then the money rolls in to the church. Rinse and repeat.

A true man of god needs to move around a LOT. healing the sick, Raising the DEAD! Stopping wars and most importantly not fancy worldly stuff like money.

I am not supporting any pastor, not even Freeze! Only time will tell Freeze's true intentions.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by iavokeo(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2018
7 Reasons Christians Are Not Required to Tithe[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Many think believers in Christ should tithe (defined as giving 10 percent of one’s income), and many use the language of “tithes and offerings” in worship services. Others are equally convinced tithing is not required for believers.

Which view is more faithful to God’s Word?

This certainly isn’t a matter over which believers should break fellowship. Love is far more important than our view on tithing (1 Cor. 13). Still, I would argue tithing isn’t required or even encouraged for believers in Jesus Christ. But such a stance needs to be explained.

Tithing in the Old Testament
What does the Old Testament say about tithing? Abraham gave a tenth of his spoils of war to Melchizedek (Gen. 14:20), and Hebrews appeals to this account to support the superiority of Melchizedek’s priesthood over Levi’s (Heb. 7:4–10). God met Jacob at Bethel and promised him covenant blessings; the patriarch promised God a tenth of everything granted him (Gen. 28:22).

A tenth of Israel’s seed, fruit, and flocks were given to the Lord (Lev. 27:30–32; Deut. 14:22–24; cf. 2 Chron. 31:5–6; Neh. 13:5, 12). The people gave a tenth to the Levites to support them (Num. 18:21–24; cf. Neh. 10:38; 12:44), and the Levites, in turn, were to give a tenth to the chief priest (Num. 18:25–28). Those who didn’t tithe were threatened with a curse, while those who did tithe were promised blessing (Mal. 3:8–10).

Though we might assume Old Testament Israel gave a total of 10 percent, it’s actually difficult to discern how much was given. We can’t linger over details in this short article, but some think the Israelites gave 14 tithes over seven years; others believe they gave 12. Regardless, when we add the required tithes together, the amount certainly exceeded 10 percent. In fact, the number was probably somewhere around 20 percent per year.

Why Tithing Is Not Required Today
There are seven decisive reasons for saying Christians are not required to tithe.

1. Believers are no longer under the Mosaic covenant (Rom. 6:14–15; 7:5–6; Gal. 3:15–4:7; 2 Cor. 3:4–18).

The commands stipulated in the Mosaic covenant are no longer in force for believers. Some appeal to the division between the civil, ceremonial, and moral law to support tithing. Yet these divisions, I would observe, are not the basis Paul uses when addressing how the law applies to us today. And even if we use these distinctions, tithing is clearly not part of the moral law. It’s true the moral norms of the Old Testament are still in force today, and we discern them from the law of Christ in the New Testament, but tithing is not among these commands.

2. The examples of Abraham and Jacob are not normative patterns.

Some think tithing is required because both Abraham and Jacob gave a tenth, and they both lived before the Mosaic covenant was in place. Such examples hardly prove tithing is for all time, however. Abraham’s gift to Melchizedek was a one-time event; there is no evidence he regularly gave God a tenth.

Jacob’s giving of a tenth signified his gratefulness to God for promising to be with him and to protect him. His gratefulness and generosity still speak to us today, but a historical description of what Jacob gave doesn’t support the idea that all believers must give God a tenth of their income.

3. Tithes were given to the Levites and priests, but there are no Levites and priests in the new covenant.

Levites and priests were tied to the sacrificial system of the old covenant. Now all believers are priests (1 Pet. 2:9; Rev. 1:6; 5:10; 20:6), with Jesus as our Melchizedekian high priest (Heb. 7).

4. The tithe is tied to the land Israel received under the old covenant.

Israel was supposed to celebrate a tithe every three years in Jerusalem. But that requirement cannot apply to Christians today. It related to the Jews as a nation—to Jews who lived in the land of promise. With the coming of Christ, the Jewish nation is no longer the locus of God’s people, though individual Jews are part of the church through faith in Jesus.

The earthly Jerusalem is no longer central in God’s purposes (Gal. 4:25). Believers are part of the heavenly Jerusalem (Gal. 4:26) and look forward to the city to come (Heb. 11:10), to the new heavens and new earth (Rev. 21:1–22:5). Abraham isn’t heir of the land of Israel, but of the whole world (Rom. 4:13).

5. If tithing is required today, how much should we give?

As noted above, the number was certainly more than 10 percent and closer to 20 percent. Those who advocate tithing should probably settle on 20 percent.

6. When Jesus affirmed the tithe, it was before the dawn of the new covenant.

Some defend tithing by saying Jesus praised tithing, even if he said it was less important than other things (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42). This argument appears strong, but it’s not persuasive. Jesus also mentioned offering sacrifices in the temple (Matt. 5:23–24), but Christians don’t think—even if the temple were rebuilt—that we should do that. Our Lord’s words are understandable when we think about his location in redemptive history.

U.S. EDITION
SEARCH
Help TGC continue supplying free resources to strengthen the global church. Make a year-end gift today

DONATE

7 Reasons Christians Are Not Required to Tithe
TGC Asks
MARCH 28, 2017 | Thomas Schreiner
BIBLE & THEOLOGY
Editors’ note: This is a two-part TGC Asks series weighing the question, “Are Christians today required to tithe?”

The Bible Commands Christians to Tithe (William Barcley)
Many think believers in Christ should tithe (defined as giving 10 percent of one’s income), and many use the language of “tithes and offerings” in worship services. Others are equally convinced tithing is not required for believers.

Which view is more faithful to God’s Word?

This certainly isn’t a matter over which believers should break fellowship. Love is far more important than our view on tithing (1 Cor. 13). Still, I would argue tithing isn’t required or even encouraged for believers in Jesus Christ. But such a stance needs to be explained.

Tithing in the Old Testament
What does the Old Testament say about tithing? Abraham gave a tenth of his spoils of war to Melchizedek (Gen. 14:20), and Hebrews appeals to this account to support the superiority of Melchizedek’s priesthood over Levi’s (Heb. 7:4–10). God met Jacob at Bethel and promised him covenant blessings; the patriarch promised God a tenth of everything granted him (Gen. 28:22).

A tenth of Israel’s seed, fruit, and flocks were given to the Lord (Lev. 27:30–32; Deut. 14:22–24; cf. 2 Chron. 31:5–6; Neh. 13:5, 12). The people gave a tenth to the Levites to support them (Num. 18:21–24; cf. Neh. 10:38; 12:44), and the Levites, in turn, were to give a tenth to the chief priest (Num. 18:25–28). Those who didn’t tithe were threatened with a curse, while those who did tithe were promised blessing (Mal. 3:8–10).

Though we might assume Old Testament Israel gave a total of 10 percent, it’s actually difficult to discern how much was given. We can’t linger over details in this short article, but some think the Israelites gave 14 tithes over seven years; others believe they gave 12. Regardless, when we add the required tithes together, the amount certainly exceeded 10 percent. In fact, the number was probably somewhere around 20 percent per year.

Why Tithing Is Not Required Today
There are seven decisive reasons for saying Christians are not required to tithe.

1. Believers are no longer under the Mosaic covenant (Rom. 6:14–15; 7:5–6; Gal. 3:15–4:7; 2 Cor. 3:4–18).

The commands stipulated in the Mosaic covenant are no longer in force for believers. Some appeal to the division between the civil, ceremonial, and moral law to support tithing. Yet these divisions, I would observe, are not the basis Paul uses when addressing how the law applies to us today. And even if we use these distinctions, tithing is clearly not part of the moral law. It’s true the moral norms of the Old Testament are still in force today, and we discern them from the law of Christ in the New Testament, but tithing is not among these commands.

2. The examples of Abraham and Jacob are not normative patterns.

Some think tithing is required because both Abraham and Jacob gave a tenth, and they both lived before the Mosaic covenant was in place. Such examples hardly prove tithing is for all time, however. Abraham’s gift to Melchizedek was a one-time event; there is no evidence he regularly gave God a tenth.

Jacob’s giving of a tenth signified his gratefulness to God for promising to be with him and to protect him. His gratefulness and generosity still speak to us today, but a historical description of what Jacob gave doesn’t support the idea that all believers must give God a tenth of their income.

3. Tithes were given to the Levites and priests, but there are no Levites and priests in the new covenant.

Levites and priests were tied to the sacrificial system of the old covenant. Now all believers are priests (1 Pet. 2:9; Rev. 1:6; 5:10; 20:6), with Jesus as our Melchizedekian high priest (Heb. 7).

4. The tithe is tied to the land Israel received under the old covenant.

Israel was supposed to celebrate a tithe every three years in Jerusalem. But that requirement cannot apply to Christians today. It related to the Jews as a nation—to Jews who lived in the land of promise. With the coming of Christ, the Jewish nation is no longer the locus of God’s people, though individual Jews are part of the church through faith in Jesus.

The earthly Jerusalem is no longer central in God’s purposes (Gal. 4:25). Believers are part of the heavenly Jerusalem (Gal. 4:26) and look forward to the city to come (Heb. 11:10), to the new heavens and new earth (Rev. 21:1–22:5). Abraham isn’t heir of the land of Israel, but of the whole world (Rom. 4:13).

5. If tithing is required today, how much should we give?

As noted above, the number was certainly more than 10 percent and closer to 20 percent. Those who advocate tithing should probably settle on 20 percent.

6. When Jesus affirmed the tithe, it was before the dawn of the new covenant.

Some defend tithing by saying Jesus praised tithing, even if he said it was less important than other things (Matt. 23:23; Luke 11:42). This argument appears strong, but it’s not persuasive. Jesus also mentioned offering sacrifices in the temple (Matt. 5:23–24), but Christians don’t think—even if the temple were rebuilt—that we should do that. Our Lord’s words are understandable when we think about his location in redemptive history.

Lightstock

Jesus spoke about sacrifices and tithing before the cross and resurrection, before the dawn of the new covenant. He used tithing and sacrifices as illustrations when addressing his contemporaries. He kept the law since he was “born under the law” (Gal. 4:4). But we can no more take his words as a commendation for tithing today than we can his words about offering sacrifices.

7. Nowhere is tithing mentioned when commands to give generously are found in the New Testament.

When Christians are instructed to give to the poor, they aren’t commanded to give “the poor tithe.” Instead, they are instructed to be generous in helping those in need (Acts 2:43–47; 4:32–37; 11:27–30; Gal. 2:10; 1 Cor. 16:1–4; 2 Cor. 8:1–9:15). For example, 1 Corinthians 16:1–4—a passage often cited in popular circles in support—doesn’t mention tithing; it relates to a one-time gift for poor saints in Jerusalem.

Give Generously
Even though tithing isn’t required today, it does not follow that believers should hoard their possessions.

We are commanded to support those who preach the gospel (Matt. 10:10; Luke 10:7; 1 Cor. 9:6–14; 1 Tim. 5:17–18). And while we should enjoy the good things God gives us, we are also called to be generous to those in need (1 Tim. 6:17–19; 2 Cor. 8–9). Wealth can so easily become an idol, leading us to abandon the Lord.

Since God is to be our treasure, believers are to give generously and freely. For many in the West, this will mean giving more than 10 percent.

Still, Scripture doesn’t command Christians to give a tenth—and Scripture, not tradition, is our rule and authority.
To me I think some Nigerian are just dull,we all just went Thur one Ponzi scheme MMM,we insult the owner and even curse where as you are already partaking in the biggest Ponzi scheme.......[color=#770077][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2018
tobillionaire:
here comes the beginning of the end of freeze. he's attacking people who are respected by many great men. he'd better remain silent and not try to play any smartness or intelligence fr now

Here comes the beginning of Freeze...

The fastest way to gain prominence is to find the shiniest marks and punch them in the mouth.

“Even when I am railed at, I get my quota of renown” ——— Pietro Aretino

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by jaxxy(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2018
Otunski:
I just hope Daddy Freeze would be intelligent enough to answer this boy without insulting his parents.

People do not understand that Jesus fought the church or do u think the Pharisees and sadducees where pagans

They where the church establishment that where teaching men doctrines as the doctrines of God for their selfish ends.

Jesus also scattered the temple when people tried to turn it into a house of merchandise. Freeze is only attacking a type of false teaching that may have been accepted as the truth using same scriptures.

Christians should learn to ask questions and seek knowledge not just following blindingly everytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by tonyimadu: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2018
IF THIS ISN'T ABNORMAL, I WONDER WHAT IS.

Richest Churches in the world.

1- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- $40 Billion +

2- Catholic Church - $30 billion +

3- church of England - $7.8 Billion +

4- Opus Dei - $ 2.8 Billion +

Now observe that there is no;

RCCG
Winners
Christ Embassy
Synagogue
No Pentecostal church at all

RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD

1 Bishop OYEDEPO - $150 Million
2 Bishop TD Jakes - $147 Million
3 Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - $50 Million
4 Pastor Benny Hinn - $42 Million
5 Pastor Adeboye - $39
6 Pastor Creflo Dollar - $27 (He used to be #1)
7 Pastor Kenneth Copeland - $25
8 Evangelist Billy Graham - $25
9 Prophet TB Joshua $10
10 Pastor Joseph Prince $5

Observe again that none of the 4 richest churches mentioned have their leaders on this list of the Richest Pastors .

The Pope is not there
The Arch Bishop of Cantabury is not there
The Bishop of Opus Dei is not there
The Director of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint is not there.

Now observe again.

6 out of the 10 Richest Pastors are blacks, with their congregation being predominantly black.

4 out of the 10 richest Pastors have their churches in Nigeria, the poverty capital of the world, the 147the most corrupt nation of the world, the home to the second deadliest terrorist group, the most unsafe place to give birth to in the world.

Observe as well that the Richest Churches are situated in

1- USA
2- Vatican city
3- England

These are amongst the safest , less corrupt and most prosperous Nations.

Like I said, if this isn't abnormal then nothing is abnormal.

Source of Data used: Wikipedia

Copied

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by bluefilm: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2018
Kid abeg go and sleep.

You are not yet matured enough to understand what is known as subtle coercion.

Come back in maybe, ten years time and read what you wrote.

Hopefully, you will understand clearly by then.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by LamidicownuBSS: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2018
2019elections:
Let's assume a 16 year old wrote that without external or internal interference. Isn't this worrisome? A young man at this age channelling his energy on religious activities rather than planning on how to make innovations.
I know some will say "what are my innovations?" I need not start trying to defend my personality. Let's take it from this angle, Americans, Asians and the Europeans are tagged less religious by the religious Africans (especially Nigerians), yet we always run to dem for pasture new rather than run to God or god ( depending on what u serve). Isn't that hypocrisy?
We are here celebrating largest church in d world with no significance to an average Nigerian while countries celebrate scientific innovations. Pastors or Imams go to d hospital when they are sick, some even travel to the so called unreligious countries for treatment. Why can't they just 100% rely on what they believe in?

In my street only we have 12 churches with no industry , only those selling provisions. In fact bin a religionists is so bad that a redeem church member won't go to a nearby redeem church rather he will go to the one in town cos of d sos cial benefits. No b same redeem? Abeg make una just de try use sense. Nigeria no fit progress like this.
This is d exact reason we always believe any sickness is a spiritual attack in Nigeria.

What is this one saying, providing job for it people are Government responsibility, read this boy article again and again

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by kalmebad(f): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2018
Ehiscotch:
While I may not agree mostly with Freeze, but certain pastors use psychological coercion: they preach about hell fire and judgement day and the terrible things that would make one fear the outcome of not giving his life to Christ, and the human mind is already wary of death - scared of his own in-existence, how much more an eternity of terrible pain after death. While they are in their rights to preach this, they very well amplify and resonate this message other than preaching love, peace, salvation, hope and even when they do, they tie it to paying of tithes and offerings rather than love for their neighbours.

What I am saying is the negative things of these world is what attract people to religion rather than the positives and certain pastors are cashing out on this by making people feel the only way to do away with their problems is by tithes and offerings.

Why do you think prayer houses and miracle and crusade venues get more population than the average denomination that is more scripture oriented?

As much as I hate to comments on issues rather than read, it all depends on d church one attends. Regardless what is preached or said...its an individual race, take it ,run with it or leave it. My church doesn't coerced anyone into giving. What u believe in works for u.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by LamidicownuBSS: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2018
Is it ur money?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by hinograce: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2018
iamswizz:
Did Jesus pay tithe? To be a Christian, you have to be Christ like, that means following all the doings of Jesus..

Well in my church, I am always reminded how I am robbing God if I don’t pay tithe and we even have a title card for recording every Sunday tithe

Now, if blessings come from paying tithe, how come there are very successful Muslims? Jehova witness don’t pay tithe, God blesses anybody he so desires and nobody should be bothered if I am robbing my father by not paying tithe, he is my father and he will understand
Jesus didn't have income, his work was to do his father work and not to make money. So that analogy isn't totally correct bruv
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Moukandjo: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2018
notoriousbabe:
I'm sure his pastor father helped him to wroted this letter, a small boy of his age cannot wroted this kind of letter, someone wroted it for him
We know it's deliberate, but it's not funny!
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2018
Juliusmalema:
A juvenile mind.
I will reply him when he is upto 18 years.
For now he is a minor.

Onye ego bu. eze. No age in wealth, be it intellectual or monetary.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2018
Little brat! How many churches have you worship and how long? In what capacity have you served?
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by OkunrinOloro: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2018
At least he is not a follower of a pedophile fake prophet Sex Award Winner (S.A.W) rapist, liar and garbage illiterate "prophet

NOETHNICITY:
He should let us hear world

His father is a pastor, we know that
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Onye ego bu. eze. No age in wealth, be it intellectual or monetary.

What's the correlation....coz I don't get it.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Mizwisdom(f): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2018
The Kingdom of God is under attack from a middle aged drunkard called Freeze. A baby daddy, fornicator whose grievance is that the Church is restricting him from mass production of future loafers like himself through evil partnership called live in lover relationship. Ignore Freeze, today is Sunday not Freeze day, let us quit making this guy relevant. A 16 year old has taught his daddy some sense, happy Sunday yall
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Handsomecole(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2018
I agree with Daddy freeze to some extent. I am not against paying tithe but the mode of payment. Maybe as blacks or Africans that we are that's why we are easily gullible.
They say we should pay tithe to God. The question is who is God and where is God.
As a Christian and what I understand in the Bible God is not that man called General overseer.
God is that poor boy who can't afford jamb form, God is those kids roaming the streets without education food or water, God is that couple who cant afford house rent cos the man just lost his job, these and many more are the people that deserve our tithe .

But giving your money to an already made pastor who owns OT fly's a private jet who's kids are schooling aboard and atend schools you or your children will never attend.

I'm a catholic and I can attest that not all parishes pay thite I know some rev fathers that don't even support tithe. Even those that pay will never talk or emphasise on it.
Even at that unlike most of the Pentecostal pastors Rev fathers are not allowed to marry or father kids. They are not allowed to run bussiness like most pastors that alone is enough sacrifice .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 09, 2018
Juliusmalema:

What's the correlation....coz I don't get it.

You said you will reply him when he is of age (18yrs). Does age matter? Why can't you address him, right or wrong? Or is it the pride thing that come with some ndi baayi? Omanbala
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Pholachemy: 10:29am On Dec 09, 2018
hmm
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by fowlyansh181(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2018
I can see here that most people from this part of the world think force is the only mode of getting one to do things against their natural will .. psychological blackmail is real .. I am against any church that uses that mode of extortion and sadly that’s all religion seem to do now .. freeze is right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Adakintroy: 10:31am On Dec 09, 2018
This is not a problem of the church in Nigeria alone. It's a global epidemic. I don't like when we make it particular to only nigeria. The church is revealing it's true face. It's a demon and will lead many of you to hell itself.

Christ himself realised this early enough so brought down the temple. It's a riddle and erect a new one in our heart..but man's nature will not relent somehow it has manage to erect a new one with all the former.nature that Christ itself condemed.

Any one who wants to serve Christ this season must understand you are in perilous times already. The church cannot see this they are blind.
Raise your head and see for yourself. You see one Facebook humans being killed for rituals. Iniquities abound, the love of men simply put has wax cold.

They been caught up in the world themselves. They want exactly what the world wants. They think exactly. Glory exactly. While Paul glories in his trails and infrimities. This once glory in wealth. They reveal their hearts without shame.

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by xpool(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2018
tstx:
We were sitting ducks, waiting for someone, anyone to come and impose their will on us..

Na me colonize you so you must worship my God <--- This Here Was The Mentality of Colonizers.

If the Arabs had occupied Nigeria first before The Brits... I'm 200000% sure 98% of Nigerians would be muslims. And would believe in Mohammed.

Don't get caught in all this which Religion is supreme nonsense arguments.
None is Supreme.
God is for all
Religion is a tool in the arsenal of cultural superiority

Even the bible we dey talk about was influence by other religions

Five Ways The Bible Was Influenced By Other Religions

Love is the one true Religion..
How did Christianity get into Europe?
Was it also introduced to them by colonial masters or their slaves? (Roman empire and the Jews -AD CHRIST)
CHRISTIANITY is a different life, the more you think you know it, the less you know it.
Freeze is just seeking attention, but using the weakness of modern Nigerian clergies
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

You said you will reply him when he is of age (18yrs). Does age matter? Why can't you address him, right or wrong? Or is it the pride thing that come with some ndi baayi? Omanbala

First of all.....Omanbala has come to stay, no pride but each state should mind their business most especially ebonyi state.....

Secondly.......he needs more 2 years to subject himself to critical thinking and analysis coz his submission does not reflect in its entirety a detailed answer to Daddy freeze......more like surface submission.

Thirdly....whether he is right or wrong lies with him......in the near foreseeable future.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by ozoono(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2018
notoriousbabe:
I'm sure his pastor father helped him to wroted this letter, a small boy of his age cannot wroted this kind of letter, someone wroted it for him
RIP English
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2018
Stop giving him attention.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2018
2019elections:
Let's assume a 16 year old wrote that without external or internal interference. Isn't this worrisome? A young man at this age channelling his energy on religious activities rather than planning on how to make innovations.
I know some will say "what are my innovations?" I need not start trying to defend my personality. Let's take it from this angle, Americans, Asians and the Europeans are tagged less religious by the religious Africans (especially Nigerians), yet we always run to dem for pasture new rather than run to God or god ( depending on what u serve). Isn't that hypocrisy?
We are here celebrating largest church in d world with no significance to an average Nigerian while countries celebrate scientific innovations. Pastors or Imams go to d hospital when they are sick, some even travel to the so called unreligious countries for treatment. Why can't they just 100% rely on what they believe in?

In my street only we have 12 churches with no industry , only those selling provisions. In fact bin a religionists is so bad that a redeem church member won't go to a nearby redeem church rather he will go to the one in town cos of d social benefits. No b same redeem? Abeg make una just de try use sense. Nigeria no fit progress like this.
This is d exact reason we always believe any sickness is a spiritual attack in Nigeria.

A presumably unemployed 16year old joining a conversation of income earners in a country where adults are unemployed in large numbers.

Africa is cursed.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Rebuke: 10:45am On Dec 09, 2018
obailala:

A lot of people are ignorant of the meaning of the word 'force'.

Tell a person who reveres your words that if he doesnt give you a certain amount of your money, he would suffer misfortunes, die and be condemned to hell. When you're charged to court in a civilized society for psychological blackmail, go ahead and tell the judge you didnt force the person. I would love to see how that case turns out.

Meanwhile I wonder why 419 or Yahoo Yahoo is still regarded as a crime in Nigeria. After all, according to Nigeria's understanding of law, the victims weren't forced.

The sixteen year old boy Op is far more intelligent than you. Sorry, but that's the truth.
Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2018
Boboye4slim:
I wanna ask a question. My intentions are not to insult you in anyway, just curious.

I’ve learnt first hand that most of these pastors you talk about don't coerce or force the people to pay. They always out of generosity propel themselves to give to these pastors. Now, If you ask the churches or pastors not to receive supports or tithes from the congregation, how do you expect the church to grow and expand the teaching of Gods word?? Or are you saying the churches need not to be run at all?? Even if this big men of God suddenly run down, are the churches going to run down too??

I think what you should be agitating for is that pastors need to be accountable and properly use this money to help the needy. You fighting a full blown war against the church, I said this because of the way you attacked the experience program which isn’t a platform to extort tithe or funds from the people. At this rate, you come against anything that pertains to churches. There are tons of intelligent people in the USA, Canada, China, developed countries like that, still, their churches pay tithes and support the ministry.

The Catholic Church receives tithes and offerings, there’s no church in the world that doesn’t receive tithe and support from her congregation, if they don’t, how else will the gospel progress. If your fight is against the accountability of Nigerian pastors, that’d be so understandable and logical, but this spilled over outbursts against anything church in Nigeria is in my opinion needless.

I have never in my 16 years of existence heard where congregations are coerced to pay tithe or support the church. In winners chapel, there’s even a platform where money are lend to borrowers with no interest, There’s a platform where after every service, food , clothes etc are shared among people that need them. In the cell fellowship centers in Winners Chapel, you can talk to your cell ministers when you are in need and those needs would be met ranging from paying school fees to paying rents and so on, you can’t tell me that’s a lie cuz I am living testimony to that. The buses to and fro Canaanland used to be free until running them became hard, now it’s only free for new converts.

So this things aren’t run on leaves but money. And this congregation are always happy to give to the church. After all when people spend huge amount in clubs on liquor, on gamble, or on the needy, on relatives, for friends, on habits, on hubbies.....when people spend on these factors no one complains. So why is that you see giving to church as a waste?

You blame the church for our country being the world poverty capital of the world. Do you want winners chapel or redeemed or MFM to start running Nigeria with the contributions of its congregations? Contributions that you still bash them about? Imagine what Bishop Oyedepo has done with covenant University of 10 years, now imagine if he has access to a vast national resources that UI or OAU enjoys. Why are you blaming the church for the nations poverty?? Was Jesus in charge of the nation’s economy in his time? Was he in charge of military? In charge of public hospitals? If you want the church to take over the affairs of Nigeria, why don’t you implore the government to handover to the church?? There’s the government and there’s the church. Both have their functions. The church can only voice out and advise the government on what to do, it’s left for the government to do something about it.

I know of course that freeze would spin and spin and grammar everyone against his opinion down but I think at the end of the day he knows the truth.

Young man stop fronting for ur pastor father, tell him to come out and face us not hide behind his teenage kid, besides who give you pocket money sef, you dey work ? even part time?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Hoodbilonia: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2018
God wont throw money down to bless u
look see.
money is everywhere

heaven on earth

hahahahahaaha
really

Re: Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Boboye4slim:

I have never in my 16 years of existence heard where congregations are coerced to pay tithe or support the church.
People aren't force to pay tithes but they are threatened, ur pastor will tell u that u are robbing from God and u will go to hell fire and burn forever or they will tell u that if u pay god will bless u more. People don't just wake up n start paying tithes when there's no repercussion, so boy u are wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Animals Supposedly Praying / (testimony) I Struggled With Homosexuality For More Than 9years / Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.