Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (60077 Views)

Isaac Fayose: Atiku Plans To Install Emirs In Southern Nigeria / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by rexwalters: 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
degamemaster:

God punish lugard and shore. God punish northern crooks and dullard Buhari. Finally God punish you for praising lugard whose action have caused countless deaths and limited the potentials of great women and men of that geographical entity called Nigeria but rather promoted ethnic and religious divisions, nepotism, incompetence over competence, terrorism and militancy, quest for power and bloodshed. Finally, his action brought about the importation of a criminal and impostor called jubril instead of letting osinbajo take over power after the death of Buhari.

His soul and that all the evil supporters of one Nigeria will never find peace, Amen.
God Punish,God Punish is that how your parents raised you?God should punish another person for you been a Failure,don't your parents deserve some blame,maybe your grandparents also?or Jehovah should only punish Lord Lugard and spare your wicked ancestors?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Galaxyowerri(m): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
These re.tar.ded abo.kis spewing nonsense here are so ridiculous. These bingos think that 1930's was during the dark ages, lol. By the 1930's the South already has many of its people in schools within and outside Nigeria. When did Nnamdi Azikiwe travel to the United States for his university education??
These illiterates that have succeeded in destroying Nigeria did not know that the reason why Lugard (may he rot in the hottest part of hell) chose to work with the North rather than the South was because they discovered that the South were intelligent and would never worship them unlike the North who were ready to do all their bidding.

Lol, north was advanced in the 19th century only to become a worthless place in the 21st century, Imao.

The South would have been a middle income nation today and probably better than South Africa if not for the barbarian and savage north that has refused to evolve.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by timkay: 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
Gid can never be happy with lord lugard even in his Grave,selfish man

2 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by timkay: 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
God can never be happy with lord lugard even in his Grave,selfish man

3 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by DemonInSiege: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
abduljabbar4:

Okay, DEMON In SIEGE.

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by juniior(m): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:
Lord Frederick Lugard with Northern Nigeria Emirs at London 1934, waiting to be presented to King George V of England.

God bless Lugard you will always be remembered for your goodwill.

God bless Nigeria

God bless him U must be ignorant. His and all of British interference in Nigeria is d root cause of all our problems in this country till date. All they did was for their own personal interest (getting oil / labour)and not a work of charity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by FriendNG: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

In every gathering there are positive and negative influence, just that the western illiteracy level is so obvious in the northern part of the country that doesn't mean that there are no illiterates in the south.

BTW what do you mean by illiterate?

Illiteracy is not all about how to speak or write in English, as far as you can read and write whether in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or French you are not an illiterate.

I guess it is still a mystery to you on how the British back then prefer to relate with northerners than Easterners.

When the British came to Nigeria, the North already knew how to read and write in Arabic while their Eastern counterpart were working naked.

Yes most of them are living unclad in the bush. But this table you are shaking eh grin grin grin grin cc: Abduljabbar4
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by SirChime(m): 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
I guess it is still a mystery to you on how the British back then prefer to relate with northerners than Easterners.

The truth is that they came to the weak link ( mentally weak, morally weak and intellectually weak ) and people that can be easily controlled unlike the strong Eastern part and empowered them. And their good observation worked for them knowing that under this people leadership there will be zero achievement and progress which will in turn help (britain ) them remain in control.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
FriendNG:

Yes most of them are living unclad in the bush. But this table you are shaking eh grin grin grin grin cc: Abduljabbar4

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I read that part before you aigrin
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
FriendNG:

Lol that's the bitter truth that they can't shy away from it.

Northerners have been civilized Centuries ago before the British came to Nigeria, where were the southerners as of then? I guess they must have been jumping from one tree to another cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by FriendNG: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
abduljabbar4:

You are nothing but liar. A ina ka zauna a kaf arewa? This is what your bigoted eastern brothers who have never left the eroded region always say about the north.

Firstly, violence is never restricted to the north. Just a few weeks ago we saw how the supposedly "civilized" easterners were beheading themselves in the name if cult wars.

Secondly, most of the maisuyas that you see as illiterates actually know how to read and write in arabic. Only a few of my Islamic teachers know how to read or write in English but it is a completely different case in Arabic so stop lying.

Thirdly, no one discriminates against Yoruba Muslims. We have a popular imam already who leads Friday prayers. He is entirely Yoruba. At least you should have waited for them to complain about the discrimination first. Why cry more than the bereaved? Why do Hausa musicians and Imams pray for Abiola?

Isnt it surprising that you could remember the blunder of zamfara state's governor but cant remember when your stupid brothers were waiting for Israel and trump to nuke Nigeria? or when your people were very foolishly being decieved by a Turkish nobody? or when your people were bathing with salt water to cure ebola? or when your people were eating grass because jesus asked them to?

Illiteracy, violence or whatever is universal. Even if you go China you will still find it their. Stop being a bigot and a liar

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by rexwalters: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
IMAliyu:

True because without exploiting Africa after WW2 Europe would have never recovered.
The African and middle eastern nation's borders ignore ethnic, linguistic and religious borders. Resulting in unstable countries we have today.
You got it wrong,Africa was exploited before the 2nd world war,actually after the end of the 2nd world war the myth of the British and French were demystified in Africa thanks to the Germans and African Nations started demanding independence.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by FriendNG: 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

Lol that's the bitter truth that they can't shy away from it.

Northerners have been civilized Centuries ago before the British came to Nigeria, where were the southerners as of then? I guess they must have been jumping from one tree to another cheesy

I am only angry that i was late in this thread. Page 5 fa haba. I will have teach them a lesson

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by degamemaster(m): 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
God Punish,God Punish is that how your parents raised you?God should punish another person for you been a Failure,don't your parents deserve some blame,maybe your grandparents also?or Jehovah should only punish Lord Lugard and spare your wicked ancestors?

I know that you're enjoying your lugard's chains but you must not expose your stupidity and your failed parents inability to teach you to not involve other people's parents in your display of lack home training.

Now keep to your lane and don't mention me again spits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by rexwalters: 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2018
sapoyoro:

and is southwest not a slave to the north?
apooda
Atiku and obi?
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by FriendNG: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
abduljabbar4:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I read that part before you aigrin

Nagani later ai. I thought you are not in the thread at first. QuotaSystem

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by johnnyandy7(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
ednut1:

My fav lugard quote. 2018 black man still never change

Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"

This single paragraph has summed us up from our great grand fathers down to you and me. In it lies the beginning of our doom.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by IMAliyu(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
rexwalters:
You got it wrong,Africa was exploited before the 2nd world war,actually after the end of the 2nd world war the myth of the British and French were demystified in Africa thanks to the Germans and African Nations started demanding independence.
Sorry I meant WW1 1918 not WW2 1945.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
SirChime:

The truth is that they came to the weak link ( mentally weak, morally weak and intellectually weak ) and people that can be easily controlled unlike the strong Eastern part and empowered them. And their good observation worked for them knowing that under this people leadership there will be zero achievement and progress which will in turn help (britain ) them remain in control.

The North were never weak as of then, they were the only region that have their armies in an organized way.

Followed by the SW

The SE were decentralized fighting themselves, as we have read in chinua Achebe's books.

Do you know that there was little or no slave trade in Northern Nigeria when compared to the massive slave trade that was undergoing across the river Niger?

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
sapoyoro:
am Yoruba and I hate you passionately.
Of course there will always be bad eggs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by fk001(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
FriendNG:

I am only angry that i was late in this thread. Page 5 fa haba. I will have teach them a lesson

Bar su kawai Alhaji cheesy ba yanda suka iya damu.

They should keep wailing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Just2endowed2(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

In every gathering there are positive and negative influence, just that the western illiteracy level is so obvious in the northern part of the country that doesn't mean that there are no illiterates in the south.

BTW what do you mean by illiterate?

Illiteracy is not all about how to speak or write in English, as far as you can read and write whether in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or French you are not an illiterate.

When the British came to Nigeria, the North already knew how to read and write in Arabic while their Eastern counterpart were working naked.

Cc friendNg
Alhassanyusuf

And with all the Arabic reading and sophisticated writing in your region, why did you guys bring quota system to everything to favour the North. A boy scored 70/100 In common entrance examination here in South, he was denied admission but a fulani boy or girl somewhere in the north score 10/100 and was admitted to government college.

If you think you guys are educated enough, let all positions not be base on quota systems but on merit.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by abduljabbar4(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
FriendNG:

Nagani later ai. I thought you are not in the thread at first.
Nah i have been hooked sincecheesy. We have to keep these people in their place

1 Like

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by TruthHurts100: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:
Lord Frederick Lugard with Northern Nigeria Emirs at London 1934, waiting to be presented to King George V of England.

God bless Nigeria

So, they left power in the hands of our brothers from the north.
Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by joe120120(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2018
fk001:

God bless Nigeria

Holy ghost fire pls burn the skeleton of Lord Lugard any where it is, for creating one Nigeria.

fire burn, fire burn until it turn aches

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by Titogbanski: 11:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
Shows the alliance between the north and the british haa been for long

2 Likes

Re: Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic by musicwriter(m): 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Judybash93:

I've lived in Europe and I've seen why Africa turned out to be what it is today! I'm back in my country and I'm trying the best to make a living out of what i have.. Europe actually milked Africa out of everything we had. You could read stuffs about Leopold II and you'll see the crimes that he alone perpetrated against the people of central Africa, the French against most part of West Africa, the Germans against those in West, central and southern Africa.. Have you realized that the current map of most countries that we have today was actually drawn by Europeans to fulfill their dreams.. So, yes, they bleeped us up and people will still move there because there ain't nothing here to look up to.... The leaders here today are more like the old slave traders who captured their own people so as to sell them to the European slave traders...

We lost our history to them.... They got us bleeped up...

@quote in bold.

The language, education, and religion they gave us is the the reason for what you just mentioned. Britain is still in charge but we're trained to perpetually continue enslaving ourselves on their behalf. We are still in slavery and we will never be free until we bring an end to the cause of what you observed.

Should you want to pursue it further, two books have explained how we're trained to continue our enslavement by ourselves.

(1). Intellectual slavery, the worst legacy of colonialism: https://www.nairaland.com/4595660/intellectual-slavery-worst-legacy-colonialism

(2). Yurugu: https://www.nairaland.com/4871133/every-african-should-please-read

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Working In The Rain (Photos) / Governor Emmanuel Udom’s Father’s Burial: Mysterious Rain Pulls Down Structure / Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019 Results From Polling Units By Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.