Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? (19333 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues / "Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Chenzee(m): 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
I can vividly recollect, during my university days how beans(cowpea) and garri were so popular in the male hostel. Meanwhile, provision shops prefer to stock more than half of their shops with indomie (noodles) without any sceptism. These shop owners know very well that these noodles will be devoured completely by none other than those in the female hostels.
A friend of mine visited his girlfriend come fiancee several times in her house, and was always welcomed with garnished noodles and chilled soft drinks. It continued for their two years of courtship. Anytime he asks why she isn't cooking any other food, she says it's because she has been busy all through the day.
If he tells her to cook a special delicacy, she spends the whole day cooking and then serves him with a delicious and palatable rubbish (tasteless meal).
I told him that I can only marry a woman who can cook exceptionally well, and can also cook meals I can't cook (especially my traditional meals). I told him that I will be so proud to invite anyone to my house.
They ( My friend and his fiancee) are preparing to get married soon, though they haven't fixed a date yet.
I need your candid and unbiased advice. Thanks.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by tripplephi: 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
My dear true LOVE teaches o. so is it love that you can not help someone become better? Don't come here thinking you have a point when you may not know what LOVE IS.

If you love someone and you know their flaws, your duty in love is to teach them.... All of you seeking READY-MADE spouses are the problem of our society because NONE of you are ever MADE READY in the long run.

Pls redefine your love psychology.

Chenzee:
I can vividly recollect, during my university days how beans(cowpea) and garri were so popular in the male hostel. Meanwhile, provision shops prefer to stock more than half of their shops with indomie (noodles) without any sceptism. These shop owners know very well that these noodles will be devoured completely by none other than those in the female hostels.
A friend of mine visited his girlfriend come fiancee several times in her house, and was always welcomed with garnished noodles and chilled soft drinks. It continued for their two years of courtship. Anytime he asks why she isn't cooking any other food, she says it's because she has been busy all through the day.
If he tells her to cook a special delicacy, she spends the whole day cooking and then serves him with a delicious and palatable rubbish (tasteless meal).
I told him that I can only marry a woman who can cook exceptionally well, and can also cook meals I can't cook (especially my traditional meals). I told him that I will be so proud to invite anyone to my house.
They ( My friend and his fiancee) are preparing to get married soon, though they haven't fixed a date yet.
I need your candid and unbiased advice. Thanks.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by oluwatosink: 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
No big deal.
I will teach her..

16 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
This issue of marrying a woman who doesn't know how to cook, I use to think it was a big deal till I met someone who told me her dad cooks their meals cause their mum doesn't know how to. Plus her dad enjoyed cooking.

Her parents are grandparents now and still together.

If you know you can't deal with it as a man, let her know. If she's willing to learn, teach her or enroll her in catering school.

Or be the chef in the marriage. different strokes, different folks.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DWJOBScom(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
No naa
Every lady was trained to be a good chef and taught how to care for the home.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by okwabayi(m): 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
No. It will force me to learn cooking on my own.
If I can cook then of what use are you?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by akinreals: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
What's big deal in cooking sef? In my house, anybody that get home first will cook, I love cooking and most time I intentionally get home before my wife just to cook and yes, I have been married for 6 years now and cooking has never been an issue in my house

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by marylandcakes: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
Yes, you can teach her how to cook, order your stew and pot of soup and you will have peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Chenzee(m): 7:43am On Dec 19, 2018
Coming back from an energy sapping job and dashing into the kitchen is seriously out of place and unfair from that wife.. shocked
I think it's better she enrolls in a catering school and beg the instructors to treat her as a special student with intense training and lots of homework and spanking ASAP...Coz I love food, not just food but specially prepared delicacies.. tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Mariangeles(f): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2018
Chenzee:
Coming back from an energy sapping job and dashing into the kitchen is seriously out of place and unfair from that wife.. shocked
I think it's better she enrolls in a catering school and beg the instructors to treat her as a special student with intense training and lots of homework and spanking ASAP...Coz I love food, not just food but specially prepared delicacies.. tongue
But it's normal if she gets back from an energy sapping job and dashes straight into the kitchen abi ??
angry
Like that STUPID AD from Maggi ... angry
I get stressed for that woman just by watching that STUPID AD angry

53 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Chenzee(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2018
Oboooooooooiiiii....I've not seen any lady post against ladies who don't know how to cook ooo....Or better still challenge them to learn ...Lai Lai...It's only preaching luv luv luv abi....Izoryt....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by dominique(f): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
But it's normal if she gets back from an energy sapping job and dashes straight into the kitchen abi ??
angry

I thought I was the only one irritated by that advert. I always flip channels whenever it comes on or go do other stuff. How can you pile that much stress on yourself and expect to live long?

15 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Mariangeles(f): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
dominique:

I thought I was the only one irritated by that advert. I always flip channels whenever it comes on or go do other stuff. How can you pile that much stress on yourself and expect to live long?
As in ehn...

What were they thinking ??

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by PrettySleek(f): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Ok. Most men will say they can't marry a woman that can't cook, which is fine. I have no problem with it at all! Everybody has what they can and can't do without so who am I to say otherwise? Dfferent strokes for different folks,but as for me, I can't marry a man that cannot cook or do some house chores, I feel it's a sign of laziness. If we are dating and I discover it, he will learn how to do them, not just for me but for the entire family. What if I travel and I leave him with the children, what if I am sick? What if I am on duty? Does it mean he would starve? That's bad. All parents should teach their children how to do these things to avoid stories that touch. No woman would use food to punish my brother or my son. Marriage na partnership o! Help your spouse in their responsibilities, it would improve your marriage, I can't allow my husband to provide for the family alone it might be overwhelming sometimes, no be slavery! He should also do the same for me. That's love.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by SweetBuns(f): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
What the hell happened to brushing her up and teaching her?
Nigerian men and their unrealistic expectations form us.
Tell me if you don't have any shortcomings yourself. Love is not all about food. Its way more than that.
You need to change the way you see and think about love and marriage. It goes beyond a delicious meal

9 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by emmyw(m): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Story. Nigerians And Marriage
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MiningNG: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
Provided she's good at other housechores. We all have our deficiencies

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Riversides2003(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes you can if you truly loves the person. If she is not good in cooking she will be good in doing other things. Cooking is not the only thing that sustains a life long marriage. But then,you can encourage her and even pay for her to go to a catering school if you so much desire her to cook for you. But seriously there are so many factors that determines a long lasting marriage, cooking somewhat inconsequential.

8 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by naijaboiy: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2018
How will I fall in love with a lady that cannot cook in the first place?

Some of you are here saying as long as she is good in other things it doesn't matter. Let me tell you, cooking shouldn't even be counted as what a woman should know how to do. It is expected that she should have learnt it on her own, not because of marriage but as a necessity in taking care of her home in future.

Is it me that will join the women in the kitchen when I take her home to see my parents and we are having a dinner or an occasion? Is it the man that will still cook whenever there are visitors coming to his house? Probably colleagues from work or church members?

Oh! She will have to rush to a restaurant to buy fried rice and chicken when the extended family comes to visit or I should always be cooking and leave my job since I know how to cook. A woman that doesn't know how to cook is not fit to start a family with any man, and I stand on that.

I don't know how we'll allow values to erode us simply because we want to copy something that we can't even practice correctly. Nobody is saying a man shouldn't support, but dammit if you cannot do simple house chores as cooking for the family why am I marrying you? Nobody is asking you to be a chef, just learn how to prepare simple delicacies. Why is that difficult?

Will a lady Fall in love and get married to a jobless man? Abeg stop with senseless questions this sunny afternoon. angry

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by femi4: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
If she is teachable.....nobody carry cooking skills come from heaven

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Sultty(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
D choice is for your friend to decide. So far that there is Love who cares about food, if they are rich they can even hire a stay-in cook and on the other hand she can be thought how to cook

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Ogaga87(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
Never
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
kennygee:
This issue of marrying a woman who doesn't know how to cook, I use to think it was a big deal till I met someone who told me her dad cooks their meals cause their mum doesn't know how to. Plus her dad enjoyed cooking.

Her parents are grandparents now and still together.

If you know you can't deal with it as a man, let her know. If she's willing to learn, teach her or enroll her in catering school.

Or be the chef in the marriage. different strokes, different folks.
awesome

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
angry
The expect us to be superwoman, we will leave work, go to pick the kids, bath them, dash into the kitchen and cook for oga.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by maxiuc(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
cheesy

I know how to Cook so I can teach her
But she should make sure that she is an expert in za oda room I can't be teaching you how to Cook and also be teaching you how devour me in za oda room ,she should either be expert in Cooking or expert in za oda room two options let her choose from it

But seriously I can't marry because of love only who love help

I Love many girls but I trust none is all about marrying who you trust

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Ianmaduka(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
What if she didn't want to learn even??
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Inyanga(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
What then is LOVE?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Yamahbash(m): 2:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
Never, unless she's passionately willing to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Grupo(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2018
Except she agrees that two of us are going to pull resources together and hire a cook. Otherwise, she should know how to cook.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by allanphash7(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2018
Why would i do such a stupid thing

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DEMONIC: Airforce1 Vs Explorers — This Is What I Found [PICTURE] / I Just caught House Boy Forcing Himself On my Kid Sister / The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.