Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (49490 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Tommiekid

Solution= Taking matters into our hands, and using unconventional methods to affect change.When u see an army man's son in Jand bragging about anything, tell him to shut up and return your money. If the law permits hold him by his trousers and tell him that you want his father to return taxpayer money. Tommiekid if not protest his A** right there and then. And if all fails, call him an MF for me please!!!!!!! I hear there are a lot of them in Jand. Kids with parents that have stolen money from the countries coffers!!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2006
why don't u wann come to da chat room
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by ijebuman(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2006
@@ Kokscity
I respect your views on Nigeria, i may not agree with them but hey free speech and all smiley. It all boils down to our individual experiences. For instance you may have had a traumatic experience while living in Nigeria, as a result you may feel that its the worst country in the world. I don't feel that way and if i don't see things the way you see them then thats my choice.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2006
don't worry,nigeria 's gonna be better
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Ijebuman

U know i respect your opinion,hey it is "UR OPINION". But i have to say that Medube is on ground and as much as we read and know and as many times as we visit. That Nigerian Oyinbo(JK) has his feet on the ground and can see the difference clearer.

Hey by the way good looking out on the other post in chatterbox.

@Omon

I think your issue is too much love for your COUNTRY to a point of arguing blindly sometimes. And you are always the first or second to bring links into an argument. No let me take that back i think Ijebuman and Joftech are first with links and rap songs in Joftech's case. But my point is that Nigeria is a lost cause and i will hope that we can all call it like it is. I was in Nigeria in NOV/DEC and will be back in FEB. I know what my experience was like and i am talking based on my encounters with Police,customs, Road safety, ETC. I tell you it is a sad place to call home.

Kokscity a conscious critic
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by omon(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2006
Hey, OBJ said we should give 100% loyalty..  Jokes apart, there is nothing like too much love for ones country.. The fact that you say that I am blind to what is happenning iin nigeria means that you have not been following my posts.  The point I want to correct is the perception some Nigerians have that it is always better out there.  That, combines with others has led too the collapsse of some of our institutions.  the preference for the exotic and foreign.  Every country has its ills.  Don't say South Africa is dammed because it is rated highly in crime rate, the same way, don't say it is a lost cause in nigeria.  People like me still have hope and I am glad that I am not alone.  I rest my case..
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by ijebuman(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2006
Kokscity:

@Ijebuman

U know i respect your opinion,hey it is "UR OPINION". But i have to say that Medube is on ground and as much as we read and know and as many times as we visit. That Nigerian Oyinbo(JK) has his feet on the ground and can see the difference clearer.
true medube is on the ground and has first hand information about whats going on. But me self know that country like the back of my hand now.
Anyway its all good fun, at the end of the day its all about putting our views across, its not about who is right or who is wrong smiley

Kokscity:

Hey by the way good looking out on the other post in chatterbox.
No worries grin

Kokscity:
No let me take that back i think Ijebuman and Joftech are first with links and rap songs in Joftech's case.
rofl nice one grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Omon and Ijebuman

I was also in Ghana this pass year!!!!!!!! Lovely organized place. I think they should start asking Nigerians for a Visa to go to Ghana. We all know how we can fu*k people's places up with fraud and drugs and robbery ETC.In Johannesburg Nigerians are know for selling Ecstasy, In Milan Nigerian women from Omon's area(Edo/Delta State) known for prostitution. Nigerian male prostitutes from Benin dominate the Italian landscapes. Nigerian Prostitutes hold down black prostitution in Amsterdam(Ijebuman i am sure u are aware of that fact) Nigerian Yoruba and Ibo boys dominate the "Ike fraud scheme" in the UK. And thank God they are catching them here in the US and sending them to Jails.A lot of them are now coming out of Jail Gay, and deported back to that filth. They are punking Naija boys in American Jails and that is one of the reasons why HIV is prevalent in Naija today.Last one in Tx was a Naija Lady that used someone's credit card for Drycleaning amount: $400+.Her ass is in child and i hope freewilly can get her!

Kokscity a Patriot with reservations. cool
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Omon and Ijebuman

Nothing personal from my last post!!!!!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by omon(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2006
@Kokscity, no stress..U think if i see you in the streets of London, I will not give you a hug?..
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2006
me?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2006
lol
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2006
medube in the case of currency:u are wrong,currency is very different. u are saying Ghana's ccurrency is good,man it is very bad in the sense that if u take N27,000 to england,it is just £100.
so think of taking ghana 27,000 ,it might no even worth £30.
which simply means nigeria's currency is better than ghan's currency.
i want u to think of taking N50.000 to ghana,aren't u a richer person?.
which means if a rich man from ghana comes to nigeria,he isn't rich
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Sesan2: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2006
I don't want Nigeria to be like Ghana. I want Nigeria to grow to its ptential and, with our adventurous, never say die, won't take a back seat for nobody mentality it should be one of the most enjoyable places in the world.

There is no doubt Nigeria has a lot of potential, probably better than Ghana. Ghana currently takes a lot of aid money, including some aid from Nigeria - believe it or not.

Mind you, I have also met Ghanaians who prefer Nigeria to Ghana. Also, when a lot of Ghanaians came to Nigeria in the mid 70s and early eighties (Ghana was virtually bankrupt at the time) some of them engaged in armed robbery. In fact they were some of the pioneers of armed robbery in Nigeria.

Medube, I know you talk of Ghanaians being taken back to Ghana from Nigeria but Ghana first did it to Nigerians - in the late sixties. It led to a massive refugee relocation work in Nigeria at the time as most of the Nigerians had lived ther for a long time. Some were born there and regarded Ghana as home. What was worse, the Ghanaian government at the time did not allow the Nigerians to take the proceeds of their business or any of their properties. So, they could not name any luggage after them.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Sesan2: 12:31am On Jan 13, 2006
Kokscity, the fact that a few Nigerians commit criminal activities does not mean all Nigerians are bad. And there is no need to mention ethnic groups - we are all Nigerians.

In the UK, some East European countries commit far worse crime than Nigerians do. Yet I have not seen any of them vilify the whole of their people. The Chinese triad and other criminal gangs commit crime all over the world but I have not read about the Chinese rubbishing all their people. We seem to be our own worst enemies. We want to change the world's perception of us yet we draw the world's attention to a few of our people who do the bad things. I do not tolerate bad behaviour, but I think it is best for us to talk more about our positive aspects. It is only us who can sell ourselves.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 12:50am On Jan 13, 2006
tommiekidd:

medube in the case of currency:u are wrong,currency is very different. u are saying Ghana's ccurrency is good,man it is very bad in the sense that if u take N27,000 to england,it is just £100.
so think of taking ghana 27,000 ,it might no even worth £30.
which simply means nigeria's currency is better than ghan's currency.
i want u to think of taking N50.000 to ghana,aren't u a richer person?.
which means if a rich man from ghana comes to nigeria,he isn't rich

tommiekidd I never said the Ghana's currency was better than ours, kindly point out where that was said. SOmeone said I saw things cheaper there because when I convert the currency, I said not that rather I was working on converison of both currencies to the USD. Please do not make any false accusations.

Nevetheless, I didnt mean to start any quarrel or fight I was only making a conversation based on my opinion, which I believe I have a right to. God bless Nigeria, God bless Ghana and God bless the whole world, AMEN smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by debanjee(m): 1:03am On Jan 13, 2006
j
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 1:18am On Jan 13, 2006
No sweat debanjee. Thanks for your concern anyways smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2006
@Medube

Please do not apologize for anything on this thread, you point is well taken. Bottom line is that as much as we want to sensationalize Naija, and some of us a making a biased argument, the truth is that Ghana is better than Nigeria today. It was not like that 10-15yrs ago, but now they have been able to engineer change in their political and economical situation and have given their people hope for the future.

Kokscity appealing to NL member, home and abroad to stop giving nor receiving bribe!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2006
u very wrong
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2006
Wrong how my Guy?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by tommiekidd(m): 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2006
no matter what may come ma way,i still love african, most particularly,nigeria.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by dejiolowe: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2006
i dont want nigeria to be like ghana. i love our mad politics and the area boys... and ghanians are so black if u touched them the blackness comes of their skin and dirties your white shirt grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by queen2(f): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2006
ha ha, mad politics indeed grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by dejiolowe: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2006
yeah. i love nigerian politics. the godfatherism especially the amala flavor. you cant get such real life comedy (awada keri keri) anywhere else...
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by dblock(m): 8:46am On Jan 16, 2006
If Ghana is better or wans to be better its there cup of tea. saying that ghana is better is not my problem. I'm currently in Australia which is a billion times better than Nigeria but it ain't my country wether I get citenzenship or not i don't care. To me there is no place like home which is nigeria to me, if you are not convinced linsten to felas song Black Mans Cry. Peace
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2006
Dblock

A Song and reality are apples and Oranges.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by yummy(m): 10:49pm On Jan 16, 2006
It's amazing how people are comparing the currency and the black people in Ghana to this topic. Ghana is better than Nigeria because there's always power, they do things like international countries. Make anouncements when there's going to be a little problem with their power/road. a lot of things that can't be be mentioned.

As for the currency, it might not be as good as Nigerian currency but we get paid at the same rate and we buy things that are equivalent to the same price. E.g. you got a phone for £50 in UK that doesn't mean you'll get it for 50 naira in nigeria, its gonna be 12500 or a bit higher/lower. so it's still the same just that we have bigger figures.

Ghana has more tourist simply because it's one of the most convenient place to reside in africa.

This is not to conedemn our country, it's just the truth about the topic. Tho, there's this news that Nigeria has a better future only if the leaders don't spoil it again. but for now, Ghana is better in terms of security, light and road + other reasons while Nigeria has power over most African countries as it is much respected for good and crime!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by miky(m): 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2006
accra yeah is more organised than lagos and most nigerian cities. saying ghana is better than nigeria is so wrong. check our economy vs theirs its almost peanuts. bear in mind abuja is the only planned place in nigeria. their currency is lower, economy lower labour and services as well could be lower thus this could result in low price of goods. but talk of building things like sattelite for communication. or other things on gross proportion it would be hard. accra is nice but next time compare abuja to accra.its a neat place though.
http://www.indmix.com/pictures/05/trip/03.html
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by DoubleRevv(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2006
Mr.Deeds: "I love New York".
Voice In bg:"nobody cares".

from the movie Mr Deed(s) Adam Sandler.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Mazi(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2006
embarassed
Can we please stop these ridiculous exchange

So Medube,

because Accra is safer and more developed than the ghettos of Harlem in the US, or better than Hilbrow in Johannesburg, South Africa or as your comparism should be, has more working street and traffic lights than Lagos Nigeria, Ghana is better than US, South Africa and Nigeria?

<snip>

No country is better than the other.

If for instance, you have overseas syndrome, Europe or America will always be better than home. But on the other hand,
if you live in your own house, in some serene suburb of Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Calabar or PH,
life cannot be better than living your dreams in Nigeria.

For your information, Nigeria is the second largest economy to date in Sub Saharan Africa after South Africa, so please move to Ghana or specifically Accra, so that we'll have more African Intergration, but don't come to places like this to show your ignorance!

Cheers.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by panthress(f): 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2006
word mazi boi what u doin in ethiopia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Private Jet Breaks Into 2 In South Carolina, Two Pilots Dead! (Photos) / Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix) / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.