Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (49489 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2006
na wahoooooooooo!! how long will they mourn mo! 2pac rest in heaven amen! heaven await soldiers! i go better sha

emm oh yea i think bad quality sense of humour could be a problem sometime! US marine take note Bin laden is still out there!! wat am i talkin about ! $$$$hit im goin mad ! oh haaaaaaaa
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by YinkaGal(f): 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2006
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2006
YinkaGal ! na wahooooooo
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by elmero: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
hi medube

I'm glad to hear a white man say is a nigerian and proud of it.
don't give a Bleep about those fools douting your citizenship
keep your head up.
me my self was born nigerian but today I'm a german and I'm cool whit that
i even speak better german than english
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by saydoor(m): 1:51am On Aug 19, 2006
i am a nigerian my name is saheed yes you are right i love my country i am still there but holping to leave there one day to see how things are outside
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by omonozozo(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2006
smiley

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2006
well im nigerian and proud! dnt think nigeria will like to be like ghana !
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by lauryn(f): 2:19am On Aug 21, 2006
why would nigeria wanna be like ghana?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 6:32am On Aug 21, 2006
you tell me! etu se ha
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by felixG(m): 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2008

Ghana is not what you think it is, though Nigeria has got a lot of improvements to make but would Ghana have been able to manage 140 million people (plus)?with ease?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by plappville(f): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2008
You just want to provoke nigerians with this topic lolllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssss
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by femigirl(f): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2008
let address some points about this topic, I love nigeria,i love ghana too.That are both home to me.

If you are comparing Lagos to Accra then yes Accra wins every time,why you ask because of basics Accra there always light,if they are going to take light they give you advance notice, as a female you can walk the street at anytime, get a cab at anytime. No one is going to tell you can't go to this area after 9pm and all that nonsense. Tourism is great in Accra,so much to see and do. The Ghana people can see how much money tourism brings to it country and happy to invite other nations to their country.

Now comparing Abuja to Accra, Abuja wins, this is a Fab city, clean and new and is more welcoming to tourism that Lagos. it demonstrate all the best Nigeria as to offer,i suppose that why it the capital city. Abuja rocks, so much space and air.

The government need to do something with Lagos especially as alot of people still see it has the capital city.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by shapey(f): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2008
femigirl:

let address some points about this topic, I love nigeria,i love ghana too.That are both home to me.

If you are comparing Lagos to Accra then yes Accra wins every time,why you ask because of basics Accra there always light,if they are going to take light they give you advance notice, as a female you can walk the street at anytime, get a cab at anytime. No one is going to tell you can't go to this area after 9pm and all that nonsense. Tourism is great in Accra,so much to see and do. The Ghana people can see how much money tourism brings to it country and happy to invite other nations to their country.

Now comparing Abuja to Accra, Abuja wins, this is a Fab city, clean and new and is more welcoming to tourism that Lagos. it demonstrate all the best Nigeria as to offer,i suppose that why it the capital city. Abuja rocks, so much space and air.

The government need to do something with Lagos especially as alot of people still see it has the capital city.

Please when was the last time you were in Ghana What are you really talking about. I am in Ghana now for 2 weeks for a friends wedding. On my second day here, My bag was stolen at gun point in the afternoon. At 3.20pm. shocked I said at gun point. I lost my contract handset, £500,and other stuff with my ID on them, my international driver,s license etc. I am noly hoping that identity theft does not happen here like it does in the UK. The other woman with me was robbed of har phone and other valuables. i heard of a car theft at 7pm 2 days ago. So your point of walking to anywhere at anytime does not come through for me.

There is a big big big water problem in Accra-are you aware It has gone on for like ages i hear. I can go on. My two weeks will expire on tuesday next week and off to canada i go via lagos.
As for your point on tourism, i dont know about that. My cousin lives here and complains about how prices of stuff jump every 2 weeks. Lagos is actually cheaper if you ask me. Even if the tourism industry booms here, the people do not see the benefits. It is the simple truth. I would only like to live here in Accra cos of the light electricity issue.The traffic congestion is not like that of Lagos, but it's getting there.

My two cents.

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by femigirl(f): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2008
shapey ,I am so sorry to hear about your misfortune hope you are ok.

To answer your question, I come to Ghana twice a year every year for years. you entitle to your opinion but you only been to Ghana once?? You been unlucky in your experience, crime happens in all countries. People say crime in Lagos is high but I have never experience it, but that does that mean there no crime??

Ghana has alot of good points and bad points. I still stand that Accra good points outweighs it bad points compare to Lagos.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Ifygurl: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2008
I've went to Accra in 2007

If you compare it to Lagos then yeah Accra wins big time (No lie). If you compare it to Victoria Island; i think they are in the same level but when you compare it to Abuja, Abuja Wins.
Accra is the main city in Ghana and Abuja is the main city in Nigeria. People always tend to ignore Abuja and focus on Lagos (Yes, Lagos is one of THE WORST CITY in the freaking world) but it's getting better.
They have light none-stop. Something Nepa needs to do for Nigerians but for Criminals; i wouldn't say Ghana is a safe country; maybe the area i stayed in was not Safe. I still had to follow the same procedure i did in Naija when i was in Ghana.
I'll say Accra is a great city but not all Ghana is like Accra. Just like how Abuja is a great city esepcially now that they fixed it up but when you compare Abuja to any other city in Nigeria, you wouldn't believe how better Abuja is. I guess it depends. The part i stayed in wasn't as great as what the poster described but it was still GREAT.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Thadude(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2008
This is d most olodo question i have seen on nairaland.

1. Naija can not be like Ghana cos' Naija isnt Ghana.
2. Naija can not be like Ghana cos Ghana isnt the yardstick meant for measuring success in Africa.

This didnt require deep thoughts or scientific wisdom, basic common sense can tell u why in 2mins.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by MrCrackles(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2008
Tha_dude:

This is d most olodo question i have seen on nairaland.

1. Naija can not be like Ghana because' Naija isnt Ghana.
2. Naija can not be like Ghana because Ghana isnt the yardstick meant for measuring success in Africa.

This didnt require deep thoughts or scientific wisdom, basic common sense can tell u why in 2mins.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by MixedChic1: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2009
I wont argue
Jus Leave S few Points

- Nigeria doesnt want to be Ghana
- Abuja beats all !
- We supply your electricity
- Ghana try to compete with Nigeria 2 Much
- The Currency is by far betta
- It seems you are trying to put Nigeria Down
bcoz of sum illetrate ppl

grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by chyk91(m): 2:02am On Jan 09, 2009
cos of bad leaders.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by cvibe: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2009
@ poster

You don't need to travel far to Ghana to realize that everything is organized. Simply cross the Nigerian border by foot into the Republic of Benin and It's a whole new world entirely.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Ifygurl: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2009
cvibe:

@ poster

You don't need to travel far to Ghana to realize that everything is organized. Simply cross the Nigerian border by foot into the Republic of Benin and It's a whole new world entirely.

Have you been to ghana?

I guess i would agree that Ghanaian election is  way more organized than Nigeria.  everyother thing isn't.
I had to go to Kumasi during fall break with a friend.  Hell i was surprised how different Kumasi is to Accra.  I still like the country but people really need to travel to those countries before talking.
When i went to Accra in 2007, i loved Accra, beautiful but 
Kumasi, God i hated that place.  Kumasi sucks, i urge everyone to visit Accra if your ever planning to visit Ghana.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by multebrain(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2009
Abidjan is another place to be too but ivorians are devil they treat naijalike say then be animal but the city is beautifull no power falure there is good water good road security there money too are fucking rubish.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by akutam: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2009
k
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by cvibe: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2009
@post

Nigeria can't be like Ghana because they are two different countries!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by origina9ja(f): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2009

because we simple cant be like them

what a question shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by UNLEASHED(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
cvibe:

@post

Nigeria can't be like Ghana because they are two different countries!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Lami05(m): 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
Why should Ghana and Nigeria be compared. I have been to Ghana and I cant just live in the country. No matter how dull our economy could be, Nigeria trains you to be rugged is some positive things. Ghana could be okay but not financially for someone seeking greener pasture.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by kabna(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
simple ghana is not better than nigeria

accra may be better than lagos but lagos is changing u know

abuja fab better than most african cities.

lets hope its stays so or even improved.

kumasi is not fab.

in ghana the only city i will perharps be proud ofis Accra.

it can do better.

but hey accra is a modest city of 5million people .

lagos about 20 mil.

but i love accra more than lagos .

is ghana better than nigeria?

i dont fink so

is nigeria beter than ghana?

ehh no'
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by ikeyman00(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2009
no comment till i see the so called accra!

the only problem nigeria got is they never appreciate what they hhave, hence maintaince culture na zeroooooooooooooo ooh
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by origina9ja(f): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2009
kabna:

simple ghana is not better than nigeria

accra may be better than lagos but lagos is changing u know

abuja fab better than most african cities.

lets hope its stays so or even improved.

kumasi is not fab.

in ghana the only city i will perharps be proud ofis Accra.

it can do better.

but hey accra is a modest city of 5million people .

lagos about 20 mil.

but i love accra more than lagos .

is ghana better than nigeria?

i dont fink so

is nigeria beter than ghana?

ehh no'

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by OneNaija(m): 12:22am On Apr 18, 2009
@medube You are a fucking asshole for saying why cant Nigerian be like Ghana. Fool. You just travel to Ghana here. Backyard. You are saying they are nice and Honest person. come and stay or build your home here in Ghana and Witness everything. In Kumasi they ride Okada and mostly other region in Ghana slum everywhere and even 60% in Accra the capital. Wait can you use Abuja to compare Accra the capital of Ghana with crazy peoples living inside. Wide Animal. get some sense. You and your wife are stupid. We don't want you in Nigeria. go and be a citizen of Ghana Hater. because of you I join this forum. stupid. Next time don't waste peoples time reading rubbish.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by blackspade(m): 2:00am On Apr 18, 2009
Some pictures of Ghana:

[quote][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications / Private Jet Breaks Into 2 In South Carolina, Two Pilots Dead! (Photos) / Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.