Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,102 members, 7,957,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (49849 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Cotonou. When Will Nigeria Be Like Cotonou? / M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Mazi(m): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2006
@Panthress,

I am involved in developing Africa. I am implementing a Banking Software in a bank here in Ethiopia, the same thing I have been doing for the past 6 years in Europe and over 15 African countries, including Ghana.

I believe I am in a good position to know the level of development in these countries.

I love Africa, and especially Nigeria. That's why I fly back home to Abuja every 3 weeks.

I am Proudly Nigerian!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by panthress(f): 7:57am On Jan 18, 2006
man i love u lol
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by omon(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2006
God forbid that my country has to work to become like Ghana
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by obong(m): 1:38am On Jan 19, 2006
medube you're nigerian, white or not. congrats on staying with nigeria and loving it through its pain.

But i do uderstand the resistance of having non whites in africa. nevertheless if they have the thinking of mudupe, it hink we're fine. after all its the blacks in liberia that oppressed fellow blacks.

anyway, im sure ghana is more peaceful than nigeria. and perhaps even better organized in its main city. But im sure nigeri can give it a run for its money in many of our major cities as well, outside of lagos.. But in parts of nigeria like calabar i don't get the madness normaly associated with nigeria. I think nigeria offers such a diversity of experinces that few countries can beat it.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by soulsista(f): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2006
CUZ WE AIN'T GHANIAN DUH rolleyes EVEN GHANIANS WISH TO BE LIKE US.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by panthress(f): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2006
soul sista ur sooooooooooo right.
they copy our words
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by medube(m): 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2006
I have stayed away from this topic for sometime now, but at this point I would like to chip in something...

Once fascinatin thing is everyone is getting my whole comparuison wrongly thinking I do not know how to evaluate economical or social developments. Then again if we all sit down and go through what each person has said in the 5 pages of this topic, majority of praises for Naija and how much we love Naija and how truly Nigerian we are and how Nigeria is better than this and better than that have been said by people who are either in the UK, US, Australia and even Ethiopia. If you are truly Nigerian, and happy with the system and happy with our economy and happy with Calabar and Abuja, what are you doing outside, come home to Naija and enjoy/suffer it with us.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2006
@Medube

That coming back is something i thought about, but Naaaaaa. U can have the whole country.

I will visit frequently and head back west. Thanks for the offer. I would love to relocate to Kenya if i had a choice. Nigeria is just too chaotic.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by dblock(m): 5:57am On Jan 20, 2006
Ur all lucky wish i could come back to visit nigeria , my only ticket is if i get in big trouble and i get kicked out of the house
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Scorpio(f): 6:00am On Jan 20, 2006
lmao @dblock...mehn how old r ya that u'll still b gettin that line from your parents? almost every parent sayz that  cheesy
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by dblock(m): 6:04am On Jan 20, 2006
To me Nigeria is a broken down Hummer and Ghana is a well taken care of 505, all we have to do is fix our Hummer and we will be all set and cruising
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by hotangel2(f): 6:07am On Jan 20, 2006
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Scorpio(f): 6:45am On Jan 20, 2006
HA, u just know d correct thread to place it jere..lmao!!!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by saviourN18(m): 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2006
I do agree Ghana is probably much more peaceful than Nigeria. But Personally I think Ghana is very BORING! As human beings we need chaos once in a while and I believe the motivated Nigeria we come from has given the people such outstanding and interesting personalities. I’m not saying Nigeria is better than Ghana but the two countries are just too different to be compared and will never be alike.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Free(f): 1:51am On Jan 31, 2006
Hay GHANA is not Boring, its full of happy people and it very peaceful ova there......
i love ghana yay!!!!! grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:07am On Feb 07, 2006
thanx 4 al da praise 4 ma country
im flattered grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2006
saviourN18:

I do agree Ghana is probably much more peaceful than Nigeria. But Personally I think Ghana is very BORING! As human beings we need chaos once in a while and I believe the motivated Nigeria we come from has given the people such outstanding and interesting personalities. I’m not saying Nigeria is better than Ghana but the two countries are just too different to be compared and will never be alike.
who said dey wld eva be alike anyway?
4 ur info,ma country aint boring!!!!!
n if we wnt chaos we will come n spend some holiday in ur country!!
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Scorpio(f): 1:18am On Feb 08, 2006
How abt u spice up ya country with some of d chaos u bringin to 9ger...especially since we already got too many ppl doin dat there grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Hotstepper(f): 5:53am On Feb 08, 2006
u have to say accra not da whole gahana ooooooooooo...itz more like comparing accra and abuja..eimply.......
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2006
Hotstepper:

u have to say accra not da whole gahana ooooooooooo, itz more like comparing accra and Abuja, eimply,
i agree wit u Hotstepper
u're da right gurl grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by miky(m): 1:13am On Feb 23, 2006
you cant even compare accra to abuja way outta league its more like accra portharcourt quiet good infastructure no much people rich wealthy areas poor areas. and lotta space and clean areas. other areas in ghana i fear.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Kokscity(m): 3:11am On Feb 23, 2006
@Miky

I am not sure you have been to PH lately. Did you say clean areas and good infastructure? You must have meant Calabar not PH.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Badman888(m): 3:09am On Mar 28, 2006
Why should we be like ghana, ghana should be like us
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Drusilla(f): 2:14am On Jun 08, 2006
You could not in America claim to be an African, if you were born and raised in Africa for hundreds of years but you were white/European.

A few years ago, many whites from South Africa, arrived in America and attempted to say that they were African Americans. Of course African Americans raised such a stink about it, that charade ended quickly.

I think it is not just skin color but also history. How can one come into  your Nigerian house, rape your wife, steal your money, slaughter and enslave your children?

Then a few years later, they will be rewarded with the status of being a REAL NIGERIAN, meanwhile the children they sold to people in a far away place, are told they got nothing to do with Nigeria or Africa?

History matters.

In Brazil, Cuba, and some small parts of America, there are still native Yoruba speakers. Are they not Nigerians because they were sent out of Nigeria by Medube or someone like his parents?

Meanwhile those who did the damage and are responsible for there being Yoruba speakers in the America's and sent those 'Nigerians' to America, can have their children be called African and Nigerian?

The idea that the people who came in and raped Africa, could now claim to be Africans is generally considered an abomination to African Americans and the 400 million Diasporans.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Saiesta(f): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2006
Why are so many people hating. sad
I am  Ghanaian and I think Ghana and Nigeria are both beautiful. smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by genelle(f): 12:14am On Jul 10, 2006
keep on hating but that ain't gonna stop them from doing what they are good at. go Ghana. make mother Ghana proud
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 4:42am On Jul 10, 2006
for where! yes we all know that accra got 24 7 electricity and stuff but now there is a question apart from accra which other city can Ghana boost of? go jugde! do your thang. well if this is something to go under my ghanaian friend said to me the bribe nigerian police take ghana police does the same, at the airport anyway hah.

yes ghanaian might be more peaceful country yes agree and stable but as a nigerian and a human being i put it down to their nature! they not sharp like the nigerian! their iq is no where closer to the way nigerians think. so as a nigerians i dnt think its doesnt even  worth arguin with them. of cause u never gona convience them for real! their hatery is so embeled in their blood.

and on top the are very wicked speacial towards nigerian! god no disrespect bail me out!
jealous tryin to ban nollywood novies comin into ghana because they got wacky version that can't sell in accra!

so Ghana keep hatin na una sabi! soldier in the house!

Where Banned members reside!
as long as human being can breath there emm who cares
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by DaHitler(m): 4:48am On Jul 10, 2006
superman, you are a slowpoke. You are the embodiment of all that is wrong with Nigeria. The sooner you die, the sooner Nigeria can begin rebuilding the damage that you have inflicted on her image.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 5:14am On Jul 10, 2006
hahhhhhhhaahh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa watch him oh i met some sexy ghana but i dnt know if i shuld call her foolish afenioh well guess i have be waitin for this $hit from u but then once again my distinct never let me down ! but hey why does it have to take u so long ! hahaaaaaaa well i knew it from day one u are fellin the ball all along from me i knew! again people in here never underestimate the power of this soldier! like i said be4 and i will say it again i go better sha sure there are alot of young soldiers out there like me! yall watch that space mark my word for! god have all said so no shakin! not suprise that u see some people in de house that hate themselves and their own kind like that lady emm what her name again oh well find comfort on u! but then that is boils down to fake a$$$ i have been talkin about all the while. can u picture my skills!

now foolish man like afeni can hate nigeria so much as we already know come in here preachin about nigeria na wahoo for this fools !i have already put u on coma be4 its look like u recovered!! hey u dnt wana get blow away for good hahha very careful my friend

no time for ghana must go

god bless nigeria hahhhh oh hahhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2006
Saiesta:

Why are so many people hating. sad
I am Ghanaian and I think Ghana and Nigeria are both beautiful. smiley
thats a pretty Statement smiley
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by Mariory(m): 12:34am On Jul 17, 2006
superman:

hahhhhhhhaahh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa watch him oh i met some sexy ghana but i dnt know if i shuld call her foolish afenioh well guess i have be waitin for this $hit from u but then once again my distinct never let me down ! but hey why does it have to take u so long ! hahaaaaaaa well i knew it from day one u are fellin the ball all along from me i knew! again people in here never underestimate the power of this soldier! like i said be4 and i will say it again i go better sha sure there are alot of young soldiers out there like me! yall watch that space mark my word for! god have all said so no shakin! not suprise that u see some people in de house that hate themselves and their own kind like that lady emm what her name again oh well find comfort on u! but then that is boils down to fake a$$$ i have been talkin about all the while. can u picture my skills!

now foolish man like afeni can hate nigeria so much as we already know come in here preachin about nigeria na wahoo for this fools !i have already put u on coma be4 its look like u recovered!! hey u dnt wana get blow away for good hahha very careful my friend

no time for ghana must go

god bless nigeria hahhhh oh hahhhhhhhhhhh

For the love of God. Can anyone translate?
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? by superman(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2006
2 post sori

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Russians Eating Nigerian Jollof Rice For The First Time / Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations / #EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.