Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin (12654 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jiggo(m): 9:06am On Apr 17, 2007
wat have they done to Oluwatelure [Deputy Gov. of Ondo State] who snatched away ballot box, He's on camera, i hope u folks know dat,
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Razorr(f): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2007
This is why I sometimes avoid this politics section.

I love my sanity too much o!

What kind of jungle justice do we perpetrate in Nigeria sef?

I am not sorry to say this - I hate OBJ!  I hate Nigerian Politicians!  I hate Nigerian Politics! I hate PDP! I hate AC!

This country sucks!  angry   angry
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by asoderock(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2007
It is absolute nonesense to say that Oshiomohle incited Violence.
This is a man who was robbed of his victory. He was only addressing his supporters angry at the snatching of their mandate from them.
Though i am not from Edo state, I'm yet to meet anyone in Benin who voted for the PDP fellow that INEC declared winner.
This is a serious injustice to the people.
Oshiomohle should be immidiately released and the election be cancelled and rescheduled.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Tobiegal(f): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2007
jiggo:

what have they done to Oluwatelure [Deputy Gov. of Ondo State] who snatched away ballot box, He's on camera, i hope u folks know that,

At least, dats how dey intend 2 run nation now, shame on pdp

may d pwrs of d earth strike dem!!! angry

as 4 adams, al workers n infact nigerians r behind him, dey dont ave any concete reason 2 hold him 4 long,

shame to PDP
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by wiseguy(m): 9:32am On Apr 17, 2007
I tire for all these people who say Adams and the people should not protest. Oyibo them people. These are the same people that will stay abroad and say that Nigerians are likely to accept anything forced on them and life goes on. Now, nigerians are saying NO they won't accept injustice anymore and the oyibo people have started reminding us of the law courts. Was there no law court in ukraine when the people protested against the Govt or is there no law courts in france, italy and even in US when people protest against unpopular policies of the govt.

People defied early morning rains, queued under the sun, under flying bullets, waited for hours and voted and some highly placed people come out at the end of the day to announce an already prepared result and you say people should not protest. they should wait and go to court.

I was in PH during the elections and despite the violence before the elections started which scared voters from coming out to vote, the election results are telling us that about 99% of registered voters voted in Rivers state. Haba!

The following day i was watching AIT and Philip Umeadi of INEC released the result of Delta governorship election among others and few minutes later, the resident electoral commissioner was on phone saying that they are still awaiting the result of some Local Govt areas in Delta before he could declare any result. So which result did INEC headquarters in Abuja declare for Delta?

And in the face of all these "opendential" robbery, some people and the oyibos abroad are talking about courts.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 9:37am On Apr 17, 2007
asoderock:

It is absolute nonesense to say that Oshiomohle incited Violence.
This is a man who was robbed of his victory. He was only addressing his supporters angry at the snatching of their mandate from them.
Though i am not from Edo state, I'm yet to meet anyone in Benin who voted for the PDP fellow that INEC declared winner.
This is a serious injustice to the people.
Oshiomohle should be immidiately released and the election be cancelled and rescheduled.

OShiomole made a statement which the press is holding down that incited the violence, he asked the citizens of edo state to rise up and say no to the poll results. Instead of asking them to go about thier normal duties so as he would defend it in the court of law.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 9:42am On Apr 17, 2007
You guys are justifying the act of Oshiomole what about those injured and those who died during the protest what will happen to them. All you guys justifying what Oshiomole has done if na PDP do am una for no dey talk like that. Don't be sentimental in your postings here abeg.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by beau1(f): 9:42am On Apr 17, 2007
Mr. Stanech, you talk as if you're not a Nigeria undecided I'm surprised! Perhaps, maybe because you're not a politician.  If you were one, you would have responded more wisely lipsrsealed
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2007
I am not sure what you mean by wisely. Why can't you make a post that is insult-free
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2007
This election was rigged all over the country. So why should Oshiomole's own be different. For God's sake this is not NLC.
If every Politician that assumed he was cheated decided to go on rampage what do you think will happen? I know Oshiomole was cheated and it is not a good thing. what i stand against is his Violent act
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by alanbolo(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2007
stanech:

I am not sure what you mean by wisely. Why can't you make a post that is insult-free
   Exactly my point,  is it possible to have insult-free post?  This is showing how we'll behave when we're at the helm in running Nigerian affairs, it's a pity.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by buluti(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2007
Reading the comments so far its been very clear that our drive to a civil society would take a bit longer. I do support Adams and have spoken to people in benin, akoko-edo and uromi, and this people have confirmed that Adams won the election (their opinions though), they say that the clamour for change across the state is so great that the PDP couldnt have won more than 25% of total votes casted, they claim the past governor in the person of Lucky Igbinedion was a disaster that the guy is the worst governor ever.

Having said this, i think i share the sentiments of the election being rigged, but the question is what is the constitutional due process to follow when you have a grievance with rigging. Everyone expected the PDP to rig, Anenih doesnt want to loose that state so AC should have been prepared to gather hard evidence, mobile phones are so reliable these days that 2-3 hours of recording can take place, in addition statements of people can be collected am not a lawyer to determine what can be evidence but that should be what Adams and his supporters should be collecting.

We talk of peaceful demonstration is that what the constitution states, AC is a political party not a pressure group or human rights organisation, leave them to do that because within the confines of laws they are allowed to express grievance via demonstrations. Oshimole should take his case to the election tribunal, if he is not satisfied then he can take his case as far as he wants up to the supreme court. We can't continue to "riot peacefully" if we don't accept results, which is why it is important that our institutions are strong and independent, at least the courts are starting to show that.

Please lets stop this mentalilty we are civil people, the answer to what should he do, he should go to the election tribunals, make press statements, gather evidence, get the papers talking gather momentum etc. If we are not okay with the system then we should get the national assembly to change the process. We must obey the law even if we don't like it.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Seun(m): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2007
If you find a post offensive, click on the report to moderator link. Thank you.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2007
You guys keep talking as if you dont know how the court of law works in Nigeria.

Sincerelly speaking, we Nigerians will never see that desired change we are all expecting untill there is a revolution( not a course, but reality). Check out countries like US, france,china, ukraine etc. they all went through revolution at one point in time or the other.
Now some of you guys talking trash here wants Nigerians to sit in their sitting room and expect changes from OBJ'S law court.
As regards to loosing lives during the course of protest; we all know that b4 we see changes, alot must be sacrificed sometimes human lives.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by buluti(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2007
@ nuzo Oga what you call OBJ's courts just decided Atiku can contest elections, which i know is clearly against what he wants.

Pls start the revolution and take to the streets, i agree that that extreme measures are required so pls start it, in the alternative before we get to that organised protest stage please (and not revolution as you wish) where millions can match to Abuja or any state capital and force the president or governor to resign, pls lets be civil and live within the confines of the law.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by nossycheek(f): 11:04am On Apr 17, 2007
in as much as Oshimole should not "sidon look", he should have exhibited some level of maturity and not behaving like a street boy or NLC president which he was. Anyway, the Nigerian cell is not new to him.

Now that he has been released, he should know how to comport himself better and take the right course to address the anomaly if he has the facts. Afterall Peter Obi won the case against Ngige.

nuzo:

You guys keep talking as if you don't know how the court of law works in Nigeria.

Sincerelly speaking, we Nigerians will never see that desired change we are all expecting untill there is a revolution( not a course, but reality). Check out countries like US, france,china, ukraine etc. they all went through revolution at one point in time or the other.
Now some of you guys talking trash here wants Nigerians to sit in their sitting room and expect changes from OBJ'S law court.

And you are there in China, wanting Nigerians to be killed for one man's selfish end. Afterall, they are all looters and that is their ambition. My friend, patience and civilisation is required in live for one to succeed
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2007
Arrested? well, nobody should be suprised about that. It is normal in "democratised" countries like Iran, China, Egypt, North Korea, etc.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by elampiro(m): 11:39am On Apr 17, 2007
What happened in Edo state is a shame to Nigerian politics. I think Nigeria is operating a one party system. Apart from the likes of Tinubu and Kalu that have been able to wrestle with PDP, the whole country is heading towards one party state. This will kill the economy because there will be no opposition and there won't be transparency.

I am an Edo Guy and I reside in Benin City, so I witnessed every thing. When Adams announced last year that he was going to contest the election, he brought back hope to the people of Edo state. Many people who never registered or voted since Abiola (SDP) era, including myself went and registed. Last Saturday even very elderly people went to vote just to ensure the much needed change materialised. In the centre where I voted, after voting, many people waited to witnessed the counting. Adams (AC) scored 357 while Osunbor (PDP), scored 79. As we left the arena, we saw so many youths jubilating while returning from their various voting centres. From discussion, we knew that Adams won Benin by a very wide margin. Even in Ishan land the home town of PDP chieftain Tony Aneni and Adams rival in the election, Osunbor, AC was said to have won . Not to talk of Etsako where Adams came from. Your guess is as good as mine.

By Sunday morning when people left churches and discussed the election, it was clear that the electorate in Edo state had given perhaps 70% of the votes to Adams. But by evening time the PDP chieftains started boasting that their Oga (name withheld) has assured them that there is no way AC can be delared winner. Then panic consumed the land.

Then protest started early Monday morning even before results were released. Because Mr fix it of Nigerian politics had vowed that over his dead body would AC win his state.

The results wre announced yesterday at about 11.00 am. It is no longer news that Adams lost. The Edo youths took to the street. Women and girls too follwed. Those who could not follow were in a mournfull mood. The elderly people, youths, women, profs, etc who lined up under the heavy sun to vote had been fooled.

Now Edo people have realised that there is no opposition to PDP and has therefore decided to shun the presidential elections and others as well. Can Nigeria be great like this?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mystique(f): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2007
Oshiomole has been released oooo
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jeshua(m): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2007
elampiro:

What happened in Edo state is a shame to Nigerian politics. I think Nigeria is operating a one party system. Apart from the likes of Tinubu and Kalu that have been able to wrestle with PDP, the whole country is heading towards one party state. This will kill the economy because there will be no opposition and there won't be transparency.

I am an Edo Guy and I reside in Benin City, so I witnessed every thing. When Adams announced last year that he was going to contest the election, he brought back hope to the people of Edo state. Many people who never registered or voted since Abiola (SDP) era, including myself went and registed. Last Saturday even very elderly people went to vote just to ensure the much needed change materialised. In the centre where I voted, after voting, many people waited to witnessed the counting. Adams (AC) scored 357 while Osunbor (PDP), scored 79. As we left the arena, we saw so many youths jubilating while returning from their various voting centres. From discussion, we knew that Adams won Benin by a very wide margin. Even in Ishan land the home town of PDP chieftain Tony Aneni and Adams rival in the election, Osunbor, AC was said to have won . Not to talk of Etsako where Adams came from. Your guess is as good as mine.

By Sunday morning when people left churches and discussed the election, it was clear that the electorate in Edo state had given perhaps 70% of the votes to Adams. But by evening time the PDP chieftains started boasting that their Oga (name withheld) has assured them that there is no way AC can be delared winner. Then panic consumed the land.

Then protest started early Monday morning even before results were released. Because Mr fix it of Nigerian politics had vowed that over his dead body would AC win his state.

The results wre announced yesterday at about 11.00 am. It is no longer news that Adams lost. The Edo youths took to the street. Women and girls too follwed. Those who could not follow were in a mournfull mood. The elderly people, youths, women, profs, etc who lined up under the heavy sun to vote had been fooled.

Now Edo people have realised that there is no opposition to PDP and has therefore decided to shun the presidential elections and others as well. Can Nigeria be great like this?

I dont pity Adams at all. He knows who these people are and how they work yet he chose to join them, well, he should be prepared to face their kind of music. Everybody knows that the league of Politicians in Nigeria are ex-solidiers, legalized robbers and just name it. 9ja4eva mentioned that the likes of akala, etc are criminals, Yes we all know, but what what can we do? Cant you all see that the reason people flood the churches and the crusades is to escape from the truth of the our corrupt and doom proned society. None of them has a clean hand and they know it. You can just imagine people like Tinubu backing Atiku for Presidency, after all that we have read he did with public funds! None of them has clean hands, i wish we can just round them up and treat them like Lawrence Anini, but it seems even Lawrence is more righteous than all of them. Maybe we actually killed righteous people who were bold to say they are armed robbers, instead of these people who have betrayed this nation with "kisses". May our fore fathers never allow them live a good life, and may their hell start from earth. Sorry, i dont want to curse, just proving a point.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Razorr(f): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2007
jeshua:

May our fore fathers never allow them live a good life, and may their hell start from earth. Sorry, i don't want to curse, just proving a point.

Sweetheart, please go ahead and curse them. Should I help you with curse words? wink

Their children and children's children would live a life of reproach! They would never know peace! The ghost of our forefathers would haunt them!
They would not be able to sleep for fear of the terrible nightmares they would have every night!
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by megapro(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
We are celebrating but there is carnage going on.
The Voting in Edo state was free and fair but INEC was unwilling to announce PDP lost.

Thank God they could not mess around with my elder brother from the states who contested for the house of assembly slot for the capital Benin city.

We both took forms last year; himself for AC (house of assembly) and myself for fresh party (Senate).
I dropped the joke after the convention in december while he persevered and won the AC primaries.
On saturday he beat PDP and was rightly delared winner.

Hard times for Adams Oshiomole the AC governorship candidate.
Obasanjo is standing truly behind his 3rd term Apostle: Osunbor.
furthermore no one in Africa fixes better than Anenih.
They did it the first time in december when they hijacked the primaries process from Odion Ugbesia and they did it again sunday.

Igbinedion has imposed curfew. The violence should stop, Adams should go to court and hopefully justice would be served.

I thank all of you that instructed your relatives at home to vote for Hon. Patrick and AC.
together we will transform that getto.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by buluti(m): 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ elempiro i totally agree with u, i have friends in the areas i mentioned and they state that Adams won the election clearly same figure u stated about 70% of votes castes, some of them even have figures as they moved from centre to centre collating the results. I agree that there might be a fixing going on, am not saying leave it am saying fight it as the constitution says, this might well be the opportunity to wrestle PDP out of benin as Tinubu has successfully done in Lagos. There seems to be enough evidence they should use it. I know its difficult but we have to build a society that respects and obeys laws.

@ jeshua i share your frustration. You have given a good summary of the current political class, criminals, ex-soilders and all, but why is it so?? This change has to be gradual not (revolution) as political science students would hope, i really am interested in how protest against this election results would be conducted, the point is that we must live within the confines of the law. Even in Ameria its happened with Bush & Gore but Gore obeyed the courts ruling even if he was against it.

megapro wats the results like in the house of assembly. If the majority is not PDP from day one they can make life unbearable for the governor, if the claims that Adams won is true the house results should show this.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by topten: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2007
Pat and Adams cannot make it in Nigerian politics. They should just go to other things: Adams a unionist and Pat a businessman. Read Pat news:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=75727
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jeshua(m): 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2007
Obasanjo will end up in prison one day or even shot by some of his friends because he has simply initiated a chain or reaction here. He has created a far more lethal weapon against the peace of our nation-he has simply turned this nation into a place where corruption and fraud lie side by side with the rule of law. IT IS DECEPTION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. see what is happening, people who ought to stand up and fight for the downtrodden are now fighting for theirfinancial upgrading. Oshiomole can't do anything even if he gets there, he just wants to use edo state as a stepping stone to becoming the President of Nigeria.
My cousin was involved in the "Babangida must go" rallies organized by Students and human right activist in the late 80's, he confessed that every rally yielded money into their accounts. They were paid to do it, you can just imagine, who can you really trust?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by buluti(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2007
What has Obasanjo got to do with this issue? and whats your point exactly?

You say everyone is corrupt including oshimole? so what should we do
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by trendy(f): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2007
Injustice of the highest order angry
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by omon(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2007
So you all want to tell me that AC or ANPP did not rig the election? What about Bauchi that thjey won? I think the opposition sponsored some of these thugs to creat the cobfusion we are in now.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jeshua(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
buluti:

What has Obasanjo got to do with this issue? and whats your point exactly?

You say everyone is corrupt including oshimole? so what should we do
My friend I wont lie, I dont know what we can do that will be 100% work proof. If we the younger generation dont begin to condemn and take our activism to the streets and force them out of Aso Rock, the y wont know that we dont want them. I am simply saying Obasanjo was hyppocritical and a pseudo corruption fighter.
Things arent better, it is worse. Cant we just use Nairaland to raise aand start a revolution against them all. But our problem, i mean this generation is our tribalistic views of each other. the older generation have infected us with one their diseases. I dont know what we can do, I am really in dilema as to what and where our nation will end up. We need a MIRACLE
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2007
@Buluti and Nosseychick
Lets watch and see what the election tribunals will come up with in the next few weeks, 3 years like Obi or nothing at all.

But if truth must be told; we need a revolution. Cos these people dont give a damn about you and i.
Only time will prove me right.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by azorjiu(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2007
nuzo:

But if truth must be told; we need a revolution. Cos these people don't give a damn about you and i.
Only time will prove me right.

why not start the revolution. everybody is here saying we we we and we. the wee mentality. start it and see if others won't follow you.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Afam(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2007
funny enough majority of those talking about revolution are in foreign lands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Sign 2017 Budget By 3PM / Edo 2024: PDP Praises Shaibu For Withdrawing Lawsuit Against Obaseki / Andre Scam.check Britian,dein Of Agbor Is Keagborekuzi,History of Agbor,owa,uku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.