Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin (12658 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jeshua(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2007
Forget about us being outside the country, everyday I think of nigeria, my friend Ugo (an igbo) who said he is not coming back into the country was the one telling me the latest about nigerian politics, wht does this mean, even if we try to deny nigeria, even if we are not there, we know our roots is in Nigeria and the river that forgets its source will dry out. I love nigeria, I will always say it, I love nigeria more than any place in the world.
The peace and state of my mind in Nigeria is different to what i experience here, maybe becos i was not born here in Europe but I thank God, Nigeria is my first love.
I dont know if you believe me but I think and still think that by the time we go by the way of MArtin Luther, we will march and protest until the wicked flee in fear, they can kill us but they cant kill the seed of our desires to make Nigeria a great nation.
I love Nigeria and if the revolution begins, i am ready. You come to europe with a visa giving you permission to stay and the way people look at you makes you feel maybe you are less than a human being. I am resolved, tell Adams Oshiomole that the problem is not just Edo state, but Nigeria.
ONLY STRONG WILL CAN WEAKEN THE POWER OF THE BULLETS. the nuclear bomb in hiroshima didnt destroy the future of Japan. We will rise again and I pray it is in my time so I can tell posterity that I have fought the good fight.
Oshiomole wanted the crown before the battle is won, well, that is what is happening.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Seun(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2007
If you live abroad, then your suggestions might benefit Nigerians abroad at the expense of those at home.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by honeric01(m): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2007
it is true, they said he who wears the shoe, feels the pain, you can never know how or what people feel until you experience it, i went to my home in Edo state and i regretted ever seeing Igbinedion as the governor for 8 years
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
beambally:

oshiomole should take the result in good faith,you win some and loss some,and who told him he won the election INEC OR IS PARTY AGENT,he made the mistake of joining the wrong party,the only genuine thing they achieved was making the broom businee lucrative,and if is calling 4 me people to rise against the injustice let him and is family lead the protest,then we can follow him.

GBAM !!!

BECAUSE OUR MUMU DON DO

No be we go dey fight for them everytime and them go come dey chop money

My brothers Oshiomole is corrupt. Osunbor is corrupt, Lucky is Corrupt, All the politicians in nigeria are corrupt.
Then why must we have to uninstall a corrupt politician to install another corrupt politician.
Abeg make we relax Osunbor might surprise everyone and turn the state arround.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by nawao(m): 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2007
It pains me,my heart bled for Edo state considering what the power that be has turn the state into .i was privilege to grow up in this state being an edo born i have been in benin for better part of my 26 years on earth,i was already conscious of political issues and happening throughout d 8 years the cancaworm  has eaten in the state,
Gentlemen and ladies please open ur mind remove perochial thinking,exclude sentiments,forget party affiliations.
Lets discuss roads,
if you travel the length and breath of this country by road,when you get to Edo state you only require those pot holes in every major roads and minor streets to know you are in edo state.if you try the state road during the raining season,there is no need discribing the experience because for those that are not in d state you will feel i am exaggarating.no vehicle can use the streets,
Industry,
edo state has the best industrial setup in the country u need to visit the great,highly publicised, commissioned fruit juice industry at Ehor.funny enough i hail from this part of the state.i ve been there personally.HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING THE PRODUCTS IN THE MARKET, what of the fertilizer factory at IKPESHI  nawaooooooooo, but it on record as an achievement of d admistration.
In short if we carry out a credible ratings of state governors perfomance Lucky must come last.
pls it okay for now, the only way you can justify pdp continious rule in the state, is if and only if you are privilege to belong to the lucky few that holds political position curtesy of pdp.it means you are selfish,
Ordinarily if the election was free and fair pdp could have come last in that election.after AC ,ANPP and other little parties alike.
To put records straight if you actually voted pdp in edo state during d april 14th poll, just singnify by making a post on this forum.it will definitely b difficult to see any body tha voted pdp, pls inec do justice in edo state.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by dayokanu(m): 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2007
[b]I personally don't see anything wrong in that statement remember the orange revolution of Ukraine, The protest against govt and govt policies in Lebanon, Thailand(violent), France(violent) and even US so Oshiomole is in order How can you rob people of their votes just like that?

You can't keep quiet in the face of injustice. When the American ppl did not like George Bush policy on Iraq did they go to court or through the Senate? They took to the street in protest. When the Labour law was enacted in France last year, did the populace go to court? No they took to the street and became violent that prompted the government to reverse the decision. When election result was rigged in 2005 in Ukraine by Yanakovich the populace forgot about the court and went out in protest for days this made the president to decide to rerun the election and the president lost grandly that is now known as the orange revolution. Prime Minister Takshin Shinawatra of Thailand was ousted by the protest of the people after a rigged election in Thailand last year. In Lebanon last year Hezbollah led the people in protest to ask the Prime minister to resign why didnt they go through the normal process of impeachment?
Anyone who keep quiet in the face of injustice is either a coward or a traitor. Election result was rigged in Edo as well as in many parts of the country INEc is a failure OBJ is a failure How can Anambra, Benue, Delta, Akwa-ibom have 1 million voters for one candidate even Lagos did not have that How many people registered in those small states THis is rigging at its peak
OBJ is a failure!![/b]
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by osegwu(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2007
unlucky Igbinedion is a failure and PDP

Poeple Demonized Poeple is the worst

Political Party so far.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by megapro(m): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2007
megapro what's the results like in the house of assembly. If the majority is not PDP from day one they can make life unbearable for the governor, if the claims that Adams won is true the house results should show this.

@ Buluti

If there was rigging, then it was systematic and widespread.

from 24 total seats:

PDP 13
AC 7

4 yet to be declared because a few wards will have runoff eletions next week.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by pucho(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2007
Point of correction Lucky is an Atiku boy and an enemy of PDP. PDP has dissociated them selves from him for a long time even at the rally he was the only one that did not wear the PDP attire, and he has openly come out to endorse Oshiomole.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by osegwu(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
But he is carryng PDP membership card
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Angybabe(f): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2007
Who is Adams Oshiomole himself?
Is he NOT the one that uses 6 Brand new Jeeps while performing as Labour Leader?
Is he not the one that ADOPT confrontational ATTITUDE to EVERYTHING?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Alikibu: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
[color=#770077][/color] lipsrsealed stanech that is how i want ur lips to be.sorry to say u are a loser to the highest peak.I wonder how ingrates like u were able to be part of this lovely and suceesful forum.U have eyes and u cant see with them,mouth u can not speak out words of the brave which shows u are a coward,
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mamajama(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2007
forget about this guy ohinoone lol he should get a life and stop promoting violence
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by beau1(f): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2007
@ Stanech you still surprise me till now
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 5:42am On Apr 20, 2007
Alikibu:

[color=#770077][/color] lipsrsealed stanech that is how i want your lips to be.sorry to say u are a loser to the highest peak.I wonder how ingrates like u were able to be part of this lovely and suceesful forum.U have eyes and u can't see with them,mouth u can not speak out words of the brave which shows u are a coward,

Now another example of a loser who cannot make a post without insulting someone. I do not blame you it is your level of understanding and association. you IQ is very low. A forum is where people discuss issues. I have made my point on this issue very clear and I am still standing by it VIOLENCE will lead us nowhere. If you don't like it you can hit your head on the wall you tramp
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by stanech: 5:55am On Apr 20, 2007
beau1:

@ Stanech you still surprise me till now

How do you mean?

Come to think of it in Lagos AC won it was free and fair
In Abia PPA won and it was free and fair
In Bornu ANPP won and it was free and fair.
How come the rigging only took place in the states won by the PDP. It is good will view sensitive issues from different angles. Are you saying it is only the PDP that rigged the election last saturday? No.
In this our nacent democracy it is too early to start thinking of having a free and fair election. And taking violence as an option will land us in another millitary rule.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 6:06am On Apr 20, 2007
Any latest on him?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Yusufadeto(m): 3:16am On Apr 21, 2007
I heard that Edo election has been rescheduled is it true?
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 5:15am On Apr 22, 2007
Heard the same thing too.Hope its true.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by Mazeepac(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2007
Adams was not only arrested,The PDP national charman came to Benin to 2am to influence the result of the election .
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by agnesoseka: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2007
na wa oh.nig d only place where tins like that happen.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by tarfaadam(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2007
So nigerians are stil recomence the same atitude
our leaders are all the members of this family
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 3:20am On Apr 27, 2007
Is he still in custody
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by dazangel11(f): 5:53pm On May 29, 2007
Osunbor is now the Governor. Thank God at last.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by panalyst(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2007
Lets see for how long. Watch this space,
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by dazangel11(f): 8:56pm On May 30, 2007
[size=15pt]Edo governor freezes account, sacks appointees[/size]
The Governor of Edo State, Professor Osarhiemen Osunbor, has on his first day at work frozen all state accounts and sacked all political appointees left behind by his predecessor, Chief Lucky Igbinedion. Those sacked include special advisers, special assistants, personal assistants, chairmen and members of boards of parastatals and committees. He also announced the sack of tax consultants in the state, task forces on Internal Revenue, as well as other revenue collecting units in ministries and extra-ministerial departments. A statement signed by the Head of Service, Dr. Simon Imuekemhe, said the governor advised all former commissioners to hand over to their permanent secretaries while board chairmen should do same to their respective chief executives.

A step toward the right direction

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/breaking_news/article01
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by 9ja4eva: 4:03am On Jun 04, 2007
Hmm

Lets see how well he will sustain it
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by maras(m): 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2007
haba my people! do you forget so easily? it was this same Oshiomole that advised Buhari in 2003 not to address any rally since his case was at the tribunal as he said it amounts to prejudice.What goes around definately comes around.Any how sha I hope he will not be maltreated, been an advocate of the masses.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by snowdrops(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
What difference time makes in politics,
Oshiomoloe, from hero to villian
hero to zero.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by jamace(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2009
^^^ Why did you resusitate this old thread. Haba. This thread should go into the archives please.
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by kosovo(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2009
@snowdrops
What difference time makes in politics,
Oshiomoloe, from hero to villian
hero to zero.
s@it,
you are just a complete waste of time.
what a dumb ass we got here!
Re: Adams Oshiomole Arrested In Benin by snowdrops(m): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ Kosovo

You are a congenital slowpoke, and you bed in psychiatric hospital is lying empty.
Crackpot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu's Phone Number / "Nigeria's Journey Under Me Very Turbulent" - President Buhari Says / Intrigues, Tension As Gbaja, 16 Others Jostle For Reps Speakership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.