Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles (10420 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / NFF Gives Oliseh 3 Months Salary In Advance Worth N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by doctorbabs(m): 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2010
did i hear anybody says the money siasia is demanding for is too much? is not even enough compare to what was been paid to Largerback. N15m or no deal. it high time we appreciate our indigenous coaches
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
doctorbabs:

did i hear anybody says the money siasia is demanding for is too much? is not even enough compare to what was been paid to Largerback. N15m or no deal. it high time we appreciate our indigenous coaches
True talk bruv.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2010
To me, that was not analysis.

Am glad you said to U!
Same reason ywhy you are not on his team negotiating,
It is a just simple case of VALUATION AND NEGOTIATION!

If it is not Y then admit that the NFF offer to siasia was too small? That is valuation!
Y then suggest a range that Siasia should fall into , y not advise him to make do with the offer and be patrotic? It is still valauation and negotiation .
See the case should be closed and no further debate.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2010
doctorbabs:

did i hear anybody says the money siasia is demanding for is too much? is not even enough compare to what was been paid to  Largerback. N15m or no deal. it high time we appreciate our indigenous coaches

Largerback was a mercernary, the wrong one at that, hence the reason he was paid such amount, you can't use that as a yardstick to what Siasia should be paid because Siasia is a Nigerian and not a mercenary, he's not coming in for a 4 months job, it's for 4 years, you guys should wake up and spot the difference.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2010
What you guys forget is that the players siasia brought to the scene are now big timers. He has proved himself and he can get new players. He knows what kind of player to put in a game, he has a marvelous strategy. Did he lead us to the final at the Olympics in Beijing? This guy is worthy of coaching the super eagles. Or you guys are waiting for Ghana to invite him over then you'll all start spitting on Ghana again?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2010
G.B.T:

Am glad you said to U!
Same reason ywhy you are not on his team negotiating,

Reason?

That is the reason I am not in his negotiating team?

How did you arrive at that genius conclusion/deducement?

G.B.T:

Y then suggest a range that Siasia should fall into , y not advise him to make do with the offer and be patrotic?

Out of everything I have put forth on this thread, please show me where I have based an emphasis on patriotism as a basis for Siasia or anyone to take the Eagles job?

If not able, then explain why you suggested such an approach for me.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by semid4lyfe(m): 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2010
Not really bothered about what Siasia is asking for. I believe they'd arrive at a compromise. . .shebi na negotiation grin

Siasis should have it in iron that if he qualifies Nigeria for the Brazil 2014, he can't be sacked on the account of a bad Nations cup performance.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2010
9jaganja:

What you guys forget is that the players siasia brought to the scene are now big timers. He has proved himself and he can get new players. He knows what kind of player to put in a game, he has a marvelous strategy. Did he lead us to the final at the Olympics in Beijing? This guy is worthy of coaching the super eagles. Or you guys are waiting for Ghana to invite him over then you'll all start spitting on Ghana again?

I don't think the concensus here is that he lacks ability.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by buzugee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2010
you cannot compare largerbeck to siasia. in the occupational world, if you are a contract worker or locum, you get paid wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than if you are a permanent worker. i have seen jobs that pay 3 times more as a contract worker than as a permanent worker. those of you in the IT and MEDICAL world know what i am talking about. largerback was a locum worker. siasia is permanent staff
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by TeeJay6(m): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2010
Nothing wrong in demanding N15m/month; the question is sey NFF believe that he is worth that? HAs he got the pedigree/quality/repertoire to justify that outlay? If yes, then I'd say pay him, if not then call his bluff
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by BabaO2: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2010
I don't think the concensus here is that he lacks ability
of course, he lacks ability. He's an average coach. Is it not this same siasia that doesnt know what to do with German U20 when he had numerical advantage over german?.
Have you forgotten that Nigeria lost that match on technical deficiency of Siasia?. What we need in Nigeria is somebody that can instill discipline into the team, Siasia can do that no doubt, but he's not really a sound coach.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2010
Baba_O:

of course, he lacks ability. He's an average coach. Is it not this same siasia that doesnt know what to do with German U20 when he had numerical advantage over german?.
Have you forgotten that Nigeria lost that match on technical deficiency of Siasia?. What we need in Nigeria is somebody that can instill discipline into the team, Siasia can do that no doubt, but he's not really a sound coach.

Amsorry?

You judged his ability based solely on that match?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by lowlah: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2010
The more i follow this thread the more I realise that nairalanders are stupid and retarded. WTF!!!!! why would some goats call Siasia a thief kia o ga o. Plus what makes other white coaches better off than our local coaches. Even at the just concluded Worldcup it was talked about. The fact that a lot of African countries spend a lot resources getting white coaches and what always happens WE COME BACK HOME COS THEY WHOOP OUR BUTTS.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by buzugee(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2010
lowlah:

The more i follow this thread the more I realise that nairalanders are silly and retarded. WTF!!!!! why would some goats call Siasia a thief kia o ga o. Plus what makes other white coaches better off than our local coaches. Even at the just concluded Worldcup it was talked about. The fact that a lot of African countries spend a lot resources getting white coaches and what always happens WE COME BACK HOME COS THEY WHOOP OUR BUTTS.
Getting white coaches is equally as silly as paying siasia 150,000 dollars a month. whats even more silly is paying white coaches 450,000 dollars a month. so my friend ? you are not saying much.
Coaching is overrated. at the end of the day it is the players who still have to execute on the field. a soccer coach is nothing but a glorified strength trainer. the basic semantics in football can be taught in a day. the rest is basically conditioning and strength training. even a monkey can coach a football team. no coach deserves more than $200,000 a year.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by bowei(m): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2010
i wont waste such on Siasia, the Super Eagles is not overaged under 23 boys he present!! its high time we stop using sentiments in naija
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Jencejyde(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
Siasia should not demand 15mil, yet nff and govt officials are pocketing huge amounts of money everyday, both qualified and unqualified,

Please it's not by force, if you know your worth, then demand your worth. If you can't be paid such then move on,

Again, it may look arrogant, but that's a man who certainly knows his worth as well as his terrain(Naija).

Its like having microsoft certifications and peeps want to pay you as a typist, C'mon!!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Jencejyde(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2010
buzugee:

you cannot compare largerbeck to siasia. in the occupational world, if you are a contract worker or locum, you get paid wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than if you are a permanent worker. i have seen jobs that pay 3 times more as a contract worker than as a permanent worker. those of you in the IT and MEDICAL world know what i am talking about. largerback was a locum worker. siasia is permanent staff
Well said! i am in the it world and i understand what you are saying, But then this is about getting paid as the coach of the national team especially when you know what goes on in this part of the world.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by okgerald(m): 5:16am On Aug 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wow!!! ticket to financial freedom for life. whether he performs or not at the end of the day, he'd have made it big.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by ralphorb(m): 7:42am On Aug 16, 2010
Do you think Siasia would only have the money? He has people working under him to coach the Super Eagles. So coaching job is also an office that has people working there. Like Technical Advisers, Reporters and others.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by solo1ng1: 7:56am On Aug 16, 2010
I realise that most of the posters here are hungry pple, if you know your worth, you ask for it, forget about coaching at senior or professional level, dat one na english,

if they believe he has no senior experience, why are they trying hard to hire him? they should go back and meet hungry Amodu and pay him N1.5m for the job.
Siasia knows what he want, and he will get it at the end
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by TexMex: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2010
Sagamite, Honeric01, Buzugee and a number of others have explained why the 15milla request of Sia1 is a tad outrageous. I tend to agree with them. I think the NFF would actually prefer not to hire Siasia, but the spectre of JONATHAN (Siasia is from BAYELSA) and some supporters' demands for his services is what recommends Siasia. I think that's what Siasia's banking on.

A number of commenters have mentioned LAGERBACK's pay as justification for SIASIA's wage demands. I believe that's not a fair comparison.

LAGERBACK's pay was based on several factors:
1. He is an expatriate. Expatriate staff earn higher than their local counterparts. Even NIGERIANS working with multi-nationals as expats earn higher than NIGERIANS working with same multi-nationals as local staff.
2. The length of his contract. LAGERBACK's contract was for a short period of time. We should be comparing his pay to Sven Goran Eriksson who took over at Cote D'Ivore on a short-term contract too. He too was quite expensive. If LAGERBACK's contract had been for 2 years, then his pay would be much lower than what he was paid.

Now, on Siasia. I agree he should be well paid, and the $25,000 - $50,000 mark isn't bad. He should take it, and work hard to justify people's confidence in him. This is the stepping stone he needs to market himself, and he should grab it with both hands. I 'm a Siasia fan, but I 'm beginning to feel he's over-hyped. Yeah, there's a groundswell of emotions for his appointment as SE Coach but we need not stand facts on its head. We have long overlooked EGYPT '09 record on Siasia's CV on the grounds that he he had a short time to work with the players. Yet, we are unwilling to extend the same courtesy to LAGERBACK. We conveniently forget that  Siasia spent a longer time with the players he took to EGYPT '09 (I remember he even took them on several weeks training camp in EUROPE) than LAGERBACK was opportuned to spend before naming his squad to the World Cup. I have also noticed that Siasia likes blaming his players for any defeat. That is wrong. Teams succeed together. He should be reminded that he can't buy new players for national teams. He just has to discover and/nurture talents. Talents take awhile to mature to SE standards.

All in all, Siasia can be given a two years contract on a salary within the band stated above.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by martinosi: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2010
Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles ,

15 million naira a Month ($100,000 per month)

$1.2 million Dollars per year

£750,000 pounds Sterling per Year

He wants to earn the Average English Premiership Mangers Wage, to coach the Super-Eagles

O.K LETS COMPARE:

England Manager :Fabio Cappello Salary £6 million Pounds Per Year:

The Revenue of the English Premier League in the season of 2007-08 was £1.93 billion ($3.15bn)

MY QUESTION BEFORE I GIVE MY OPINION IS:

HOW MUCH IS THE NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FEDERATION GENERATING IN REVENUE FOR THEM TO PAY HIM THIS WAGE
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by martinosi: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2010
AND CAN SOMEONE CONCRETELY TELL ME HOW MUCH LAGERBACK WAS PAID, AS
I THINK THIS MAY BE A FACTOR WHY SIASIA WAS ASKING FOR THE 15 MILLION NAIRA A MONTH,
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2010
martinosi:

He wants to earn the Average English Premiership Mangers Wage, to coach the Super-Eagles

O.K LETS COMPARE:

The Revenue of the English Premier League in the season of 2007-08 was £1.93 billion ($3.15bn)

HOW MUCH IS THE NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FEDERATION GENERATING IN REVENUE FOR THEM TO PAY HIM THIS WAGE

G.B.T can you see someone making analysis that makes sense now?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by fashooo: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2010
15m isnt too much.any nigerian coach who wants to coach these boys and instill discipline must be well fed and must have enof money to discourage tips from the super rich players. i think he deserves it'
if NGO sponsored the foreign coach, why cant they sponsor siasia too?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by fashooo: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
martinosi:

O.K LETS COMPARE:

did nff put ur points into consideration before signing lars lagerback??
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by martinosi: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
In the English Premiership Season of 2004-05
this was how much the Mangers were paid

The Revenue of the English Premier League in the season of 2004-05 was £900 milliom pound Sterling

PLEASE NOTE - ALL FIGURES ARE IN POUND STERLING,

THE NUMBERS AT THE END OF THE WAGE REFLECT THE POSITION THE RESPECTIVE MAGERS CLUB
ACHIEVED THAT SEASON,

Manager Club Salary League Position

1 Alex Ferguson Man Utd pounds 3.1m 4

2 Arsene Wenger Arsenal pounds 2.3m 1

3 Jose Mourinho Chelsea pounds 2m 2

4 Rafael Benitez Liverpool pounds 1.6m 11

5 Graeme Souness Newcastle pounds 1.5m 6

6 Kevin Keegan Man City pounds 1.4m 12

7 Jacques Santini Tottenham pounds 1.2m 5

8 David O'Leary Aston Villa pounds 1.2m 8

9 Mark Hughes Blackburn pounds 1.2m 17

10 Steve Bruce Birmingham pounds 1.1m 15

11 Harry Redknapp Portsmouth pounds 1.1m 13

12 Sam Allardyce Bolton pounds 950,000 7

13 Alan Curbishley Charlton pounds 900,000 10

14 Steve McClaren Boro pounds 800,000 9

15 Iain Dowie Crystal Palace pounds 700,000 19

16 Chris Coleman Fulham pounds 600,000 14

17 Steve Wigley Southampton pounds 400,000 18

18 Gary Megson West Brom pounds 550,000 16

19 Nigel Worthington Norwich pounds 480,000 20

20 David Moyes Everton pounds 400,000 3
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by mediators: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2010
@Shadrach77

". . . as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." - "Your heart is black!(don't be offended)" , otherwise, what has Siasia NOT BEING a WHITE MAN GOT TO DO with the job? If he is competent enof, he surely deserves what he is demanding.

Always remember, " . . .No one can make you INFERIOR unless you permit" - ELEANOR ROOSEVELT

I REFUSE TO BE INFERIOR TO A WHITE MAN.

Thanks
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by martinosi: 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2010
fashooo:

did nff put your points into consideration before signing lars lagerback??

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH THEY PAID LAGERBACK,  WHY ARE THEY NOT DISCLOSING THIS FACT?

ALL NATIONAL MANAGERS SALARIES ARE OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC TO VIEW IN EUROPE, WHY IS NFF
NOT DISCLOSING THE LAGERBACK FEE ?

I AM OF THE OPINION THAT SIASIA 15 MILLION NAIRA A MONTH IS CHICKEN FEED IN COMPARISON
TO WHAT LAGERBACK GOT!!!

BUT STILL WE HAVE TO PUT ALL THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE.

LAGERBACK RIDICULOUS SALARY WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN OVER $3 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR CAME WITH
CONDITIONS OF TRANSFERS RUNNING INTO THE TENS OF MILLIONS DOLLARS FOR UNDISCLOSED PLAYERS  AND SOME OTHER
UNDER THE TABLE DEALINGS BY NFF.

JUST MY INITIAL THOUGHTS!!!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2010
fashooo:

did nff put your points into consideration before signing lars lagerback??

And your point is?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by martinosi: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2010
I am not mad at Siasia!!!

When a Nigerian starts to publically demand what is his right
you know that serious "kata-kata" (Whahala/Trouble) is about to blow!!!

The 3 million Naira ($20,000 Dollars) a month  they are now offeringn Siasia is now an appeasement technique!!!

All the money that goes into the Coffers of the NFF both Public & Private
is very substantial,

I believe now that the NFF are trying to hush people like Siasia up with
the funds that should have been allocated to them in order that the
corruption not be exposed at the NFF
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Yes Sagamite,

As i said before it is all about valuation and Negotiating!
You and i are outsided same with most members in here,safe for if such individual are NFF staff.
Now i dont know the worth of NFF or the income, simply because they have refused to be sincere with the accounts from the word go!
Also, you can or others can come up with revenue stats of other federation as a result of fact that there system work as well as the processes.

For instance you want to pick up an appointment and you have stats of what the previous guy/s were earning are you telling me that you will cheapen yourself and ask for less of what the other guy earned? Dont forget you have not gone cap in hand begging?

Especially when you know that you are going to be working with people of no MORAL STANDING, fraudsters and incompentent hands?

Dont also forget that he will be coming in with is backroom staff/s and the welfare will be is sole concern ?

His legal team will be payed?

Dont forget he is seeing himself as a consultant and must make his demand, now that does not mean that the request/demand is final!

If the NFF have capable hands then they will be able to acces his technical worth and take into consideration other factor in determining what they think will be the best they can offer him.

So it is really not about you coming up with figure of other F.A's or stats of other countries as we dont have the facts and figures to work with but guess figures and he is only using what is obtainable in his enviroment to base his demand on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Globacom Premier League Table. / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player / England, Wales Football Teams Will Not Play Against Russia At Any Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.