Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles (10418 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / NFF Gives Oliseh 3 Months Salary In Advance Worth N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2010
Sagamite, Honeric01, Buzugee and a number of others have explained why the 15milla request of Sia1 is a tad outrageous. I tend to agree with them. I think the NFF would actually prefer not to hire Siasia, but the spectre of JONATHAN (Siasia is from BAYELSA) and some supporters' demands for his services is what recommends Siasia. I think that's what Siasia's banking on.

Might not be far from the truth but can't be until proven so?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2010
Those guys should allow the sleeping dog lie and pay Siasia his dues,

Berti Vogts was paid N15 million a month grin

Lars Lagerback went home with N45 million monthly shocked

I see no reason why brother Siasia can't take 15mil home undecided

, or are the crooks @ the glass house jealous he's about to earn more than any one in the country's football biz? sad
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by occam(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2010
Why is Siaisia making dumb statements? Now I know he’s not smart enough to manage/coach a national team.  According to NEXT News he said: 

“Of course I am not saying they must pay the 12 million naira; we can negotiate and come to an agreement but I won’t take peanuts,” So N2 million per month plus benefits is peanuts in a country like Nigeria?

And he goes further with this embarrassing statement “When the players know I am well paid they won’t be coming with five thousand dollars or whatever to come and bribe me,”   
So you won’t be offered (& possibly accept) bribe from players if the NFF pays you more than N2 million?

Coaching a national team is more about leadership, inspirational and communication skills, and less of technical expertise.  As a coach you can bring in attack, defensive and scouting experts. 

Even if he gets the job, this guy won’t last 3 yrs
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Okijajuju1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2010
Everyone is here shouting give Siasia 15million, afterall Vogts and Lars took more than that. Well!! Have y'all forgotten that the salaries of those white boys werent being paid for by the NFF but rather GLOBALCOM & PTF's combined effort?!

IMO, I still say Siasia is not matured enough to handle the senior team. Someone said he would'nt last 3 years, I say he wouldnt even see the Nations cup (cos I doubt he would be able to qualify us sef!). If Siasia were as good as we think he is, we wouldnt be the only ones bidding for his services. With all the hype on him, the best he could do was take an Owerri side to the CAF league that he didnt even qualify them for.

If he wouldnt accept the 2million then he should rest, afterall, how much is the Owerri side he is handling paying him?! undecided
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Ejiafam: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2010
Siasia dont have to be a white man to earn that much. Perharps the asking price includes his assistant's. We should value our own, what the foreign coaches do is just branding.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2010
G.B.T:

Yes Sagamite,

As i said before it is all about valuation and Negotiating!
You and i are outsided same with most members in here,safe for if such individual are NFF staff.
Now i dont know the worth of NFF or the income, simply because they have refused to be sincere with the accounts from the word go!
Also, you can or others can come up with revenue stats of other federation as a result of  fact that there system work as well as the processes.

Whatever the case, info available or not, you can be GUARANTEED Nigeria's football income is not up to a 100th of £2bn.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Ibime(m): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
He has to pay his assistants out of the same N15million. . . abi dat no be fair price?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by shollypapa: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2010
what is he going to do with dat huge amount of money? afterall, they'll end us up dissapointed. thats fucking too much [/img][/img]
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by hbfresher: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
no big deal. u deserve it like any other nigerian coach
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ibime:

He has to pay his assistants out of the same N15million. . . abi dat no be fair price?

How many assistants?

Maximum 2.

That is still way too high. Assistants should be paid between $30K to $80K per year.

Pata pata all should not cost Nigeria more that $600K a year. Not $1.5m a year.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by omooghene1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2010
shadrach77

how can he demand such an amount when he is not a white man?
guy u non be like person when go try out all, just read wetin u send > how can he demand such an amount when he is not a white man?, so na white skin person na need better thing. ppe like u non need to they public office out all,
BAD NIGERIA LIKE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU, angry shocked
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
omo oghene:

shadrach77

how can he demand such an amount when he is not a white man?
guy u non be like person when go try out all, just read wetin u send > how can he demand such an amount when he is not a white man?, so na white skin person na need better thing. ppe like u non need to they public office out all,
BAD NIGERIA LIKE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU, angry shocked

I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by chemtop: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2010
i think nigeria have to do this for this man cos for them to be given just ordinary foreing coach a sum over 40 million naira so i dont think they should refuse to give him is demanded salary
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by soloqy: 1:43am On Aug 19, 2010
At the last time of negotiations, Siasia was out of the country but he said his lawyers were handling it and that he was prepared to take a pay cut. He also said the salary he is asking for , will also cover the salaries for the assistants he would hire. So instead of NFF paying him and probably two other assistants(maybe amo/egu etc), they can just pay him and let him sort out his own assistants issues. But I believe he is reasonable and will come to a feasible amount. He just put his negotiating foot out first.

Those of you in business know these things. You bid for a job and quote an amount knowing that they will definitely beat it down or ask for a discount.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by blacksta(m): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2010
Pay me my money  and let me get on with the job at hand.  As a self employed person myself i have come to love the act of negotiations.  In life people have costs and  it cant not be same  across the board so forget whatever other coaches are earning and Just because another developing nation's coach is earning pitance does not merit that you earn similar, some could do the job cheap and make profit dependent on operating costs . So if Siasia believes he needs  15 Million per month or year to the do the job and make profit - so be it. It is then down to the NFF to negotiate and a common ground is reached or simply find somebody else to do the job.

Simple as ABC

To all those who says he doesn't deserve it - I can simply say to you lot is that you dont deserve whatever your are earning, why not ask for the reduction in earnings to help maximise your employers profits or balance the books.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by yesboss20(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2010
Can't blame the man. The funds have never been a problem in this country of ours so why should he hold back anything?
In addition, he's been at the fore-front of this coaching palava for too long now!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by chrisatro: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2010
Samson Siasia deserves every penny he's asking for my people! It's high time we start respecting our professionals, be it in sports, medicine, law, sciences etc
Foreign coaches come here and collected double or thrice what Siasia was asking, and we gave them!! Please, give him all what he wants for him to produce. Give him a free hand to do his job well and of course, with a contract inserted with benchmarks to achieve and the necessary checks and balances.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
Sagamite:

How many assistants?

Maximum 2.

That is still way too high. Assistants should be paid between $30K to $80K per year.

Pata pata all should not cost Nigeria more that $600K a year. Not $1.5m a year.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by obojo(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2010
make ona calm down, the 15m is "asking" price, and 15m is not 15m again when the whole world knows you make that and lets face it, the countries that pay huge amounts to coaches can afford it, We cant, Clubs make money back from football. Nigeria doesn't,
Im a football fan but i dont see why so much money should be wasted on it when we have so much more pressing matters at hand, look at our health care, radiotherapy,mri machines are limited to like 2 or 3 in a state, Go to our general hospitals and see how weak cancer patients queue to use the 1 or 2 radiotherapy machines in lagos as ill as they are. we have no emergency response whatsoever, if you are faced with a situation where emergency medical attention or surgery is needed, you are as good as DEAD!! look at our power, even ghana has celebrated years of constant power, we can barely boast of a week, even if Nigeria reaches final sef, phcn will hold the light for the final match, Winning the world cup tommorow will not automatically change the image of Nigeria either, Whether Siasia deserves the money or not isn't the issue, The issue is we simply cannot afford it,

angry
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
MR Money £:

Opinion?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by harakiri(m): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
In between, negotiations are on-going and he might come down to either 8,10 or 12 million a month. Even if he insists on 15m, he is worth. Perhaps you will all appreciate him when an english or spanish club hire his services. The NFF aren't crazy for going after him. They know his worth.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by honeric01(m): 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
Guys guys guys, please behave!!! angry
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
honeric01:

Guys guys guys, please behave!!! angry

why now!!! 
harakiri:

harakiri link=topic=496295.msg6625583#msg6625583 date=1282580750:

Perhaps you will all appreciate him when an english or spanish club hire his services. The NFF aren't crazy for going after him. They know his worth.

English or Spanish club hire his services, hhhhmmm If wishes are horses beggers would ride grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
I think he is getting what he deserved now that the negotiation is over, but still the amount to be paid Siasia is not made public,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa (3 - 1): AYC 2013 Qualifier On Sunday October—7—2012 / How To Connect Keyboard To Ps3 So I Can Play Fifa08 / Nigerian Globacom Premier League Table.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.