Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles (10419 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / NFF Gives Oliseh 3 Months Salary In Advance Worth N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Prodigalangel(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2010
marabout:

SIASIA is NOT GREEDY. All those senators that get over 1M dollars yearly, what kind of honours have they ever brought to Nigeria
SIASIA has brought a few medals so far.
All the  £150M jets for the madams of government officials to go on shopping spray in Dubai, what honours will they bring to Nigeria??

If anybody deserves a Gulfstream jet, then it's SIASIA. He should also ask for one afterall his mrs is not banned from shopping in Dubaigrin grin grin grin.
If they cannnot pay him, let them look for another mediocre European coach: he can be called Gulder, Heineken, Becks or any kind of lagerbeer grin grin grin

The only reason NFF officials cannot or don't want to pay up is to have enough to transfer to their own accounts in London, Zurich, Paris, Channel Islands and the Bahamas. Idiots. grin grin grin
Since everybody is out to exploit and despoil the country to death, why should SIASIA just stand akimbo and watch them? Is it not you chop, I chop system? Next topic please.
u ve spoken like a true son of da soil, siasia deserves more than that. 4 those of u who says he s nt coached at da senior level, someone who took a team to da olympics where u hv da likes of lionel messi, mascherano, ronaldihno and came runners up has attained da highest level in da game. SIASIA IS A PROFESSIONAL AT WAT HE DOES AND I THINK WE ALL OWN HIM DAT RESPECT.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by honeric01(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2010
NFF, Siasia open talks

Posted: 2010-08-12 20:56

After weeks of vacillating, the board of the Nigeria Football Federation have opened formal discussions with Samson Siasia with a view to having him take charge of the Super Eagles.

Siasia met with the NFF board on Wednesday night to discuss the terms of his contract, in a meeting that lasted for hours.

"We have begun negotiating with Siasia. We invited him to appear before the board to discuss his contract," NFF vice-president, Obinna Ogba, said.

"As soon as we reach an agreement with him, we will make his appointment public."?

The former international striker, accompanied by his wife Sandra, was locked in talks with the NFF board Wednesday in Abuja between 5.30pm and 11pm.

The new NFF leadership led by acting president Aminu Maigari have previously discussed with Siasia informally.

Siasia, who led Nigeria to the final of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, has been widely reported to succeed former Sweden boss, Lars Lagerback, who has turned down a chance to continue as the Super Eagles supremo after the World Cup in South Africa.

Former Nantes striker Siasia is a popular choice for the top Nigeria coaching post, even though former Eagles handler Shuaibu Amodu has raised issues over not considering other coaches alongside Siasia for the job.

Amodu has argued that other coaches like Stephen Keshi and Austin Eguavoen be given a chance to compete for the post along with Siasia.

Nigeria host Madagascar on September 4 in a 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/17178/nff-samson-siasia-open-talks.php
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by honeric01(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2010
NFF offer Siasia $20 000

Posted: 2010-08-14 10:32

Samson Siasia will earn $20,000 a month if he accepts the Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) offer to handle the Super Eagles for the next four years.

Siasia was reported to have demanded a monthly salary of $100,000 (N15 million) and a sign-on fee of $1 million (about N150 million), which appears now far from what the federation can afford.

The NFF board first proposed to Siasia and his lawyer a monthly salary of N2 million before it reviewed it upwards to N3million with the proviso that he would from the amount pay whoever he picks as his assistants.

“Siasia actually asked for a sign-on fee of $1million, monthly salary of N15 million, a house, a brand new car with a driver and a cook too. He was accompanied by his lawyer in the discussion with the board.

“After much pressure he reduced the amount to N12 million but the board said they can't pay more than N2million but later increased it to N3millon.

“He however said he would come back to meet with us after his CAF Champions League assignment in Egypt with Heartland.

“He cited the contracts of Lars Largerback, the one of Berti Vogts and Shuaibu Amodu too. He said he is coming to handle a national team and he is confident and ready to do a good job so his case should not be different,” a top NFF official said.

Another official said: “Sincerely speaking, I think the N3 million is too small compared with what others before him were paid.

“But there is now a three-man committee set up by the board to discuss with his lawyer on the way forward.”?

Lagerback took home $300,000 (about N45 million) for each of the five months he was in charge of the Eagles, while Shuaibu Amodu was on N2million a month . Amodu was also entitled to double the players' win bonuses.

Siasia is in Egypt with Heartland who are under pressure to win away at Ismaily tomorrow if they are to stay alive in the CAF Champions League.
The Nigerian club was forced to a 1-1 draw at home by Al Ahly in their opening Group B match before they lost by the odd goal to hosts JS Kabylie in their second match.

Tomorrow's showdown against Ismaily will therefore be a battle between the group's bottom teams, while leaders, JSK and second-placed Ahly slug it out in the other match.

Heartland, also known as the ‘Naze Millionaires’ are missing attacking midfielder, Uche Agba, who netted six goals in last year's campaign. Agba has since transferred to Tunisian side, CS Sfax.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/17202/nff-offer-samson-siasia-20-000.php
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Okijajuju1(m): 10:54am On Aug 14, 2010
If a bloody silver medal winning, over-aged player feilding coach like him wants 15milla per month, then I say he should be kicked out. God punish am!! I think he is badly over hyped abeg. Tomorrow now John Obuh would ask for 15million too. Na ehn be say Late Yemi Tella would have been paid 30million.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2010
If you have Nigerian football, then visit this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497009.0.html#msg6571694
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by FACE(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2010
Good for the goose, good for the gander also.

The job itself is worth some amount and experience is also worth some amount. Siasia performed very well on his previous assignments for the country, therefore he has proved his capability in that regard.

Of course they are still negotiating but I want to see Siasia walk away with nothing less than N12M/month. If we were able to pay foreign coaches a lot more, why not Siasia ?

In football, no coach's initial contract should be set in stone and skewed permanently towards the demands of that coach. Permanent/Long term contracts should be based on the performance of the coach for that team and not past records, unless you were a dondada coach like Ferguson or Wenger.

NFA should agree to a progressive contract based on performance, and if Siasia delivers (discovers and nurtures local talents and wins games to the "sweetness of the eyes"wink, his pay should approach or surpass Lagerback's pay. Yes $200k/month.

Football pay is not dependent on national income scale unfortunately, if not, there is no way Capelo would earn more than Cameron.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2010
jupita:

how much is 15m naira in dollar? the naira has no value. . .
what does laggerback have in his cv?wot has he won? he was paid $2m for 4months. . .
siasia on the other hand has done so much in a few years, he has more medals than the losers you've had in the past . . .
poverty mentality dey worry nigerians. . .

Lagerback was paid $2m for 4 months?

Reeeally?

So what mentality is worrying you?

Dim Sum mentality not to check your facts before you open your gob?

Shocking you have a right to vote.

|  |  |
  \/ \/ \/
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2010
honeric01:

NFF offer Siasia $20 000

He should tell them to eat his poo.

They also expect him to pay his assistants out of this?

They are retarded!!! Too much retards in Nigeria, and they are in power.

I hate morons succeeding. I have a deep hate inside of me for morons. I look at morons and I see nothing more to like. I see the worst in morons.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by boban007: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2010
wot most nigerians dont know is dat siasia is a world class coach.he almost got a coaching job at chelsea 2yrs ago.wot he is demanding for is just too small for a super eagles coach.the job is a high risk,cos once he fails nigerians will neva forgive him.just like amodu and keshi.again if his salary is not on the high side the super eagles players will never respect him cos they earn hundreds of thousand dollars weekly.thats why there is mafia in the eagles and they determine who plays or not.osaze said it all after the world cup.the enland coach lost his respect after the world cup Bleep up to his players,if not for the fa that saved him even with all the million dollars paid to him.samething the french coach and the big players deliberately sabotaged the efforts of thier coach and eventualy disgrace thier country.now all the players are not allowed to play for france again.siasia is firm,assertive and vocal,u cant push him around thats why nff ve been reluctant at giving him the job.they know he is the best man for the job.if he goes to another country,he definitely be signed as an expertrait and will even earn more.i have a friend dat was earning 150k in mtn,he left for south africa after a yr.there was an opening for expertriate staffs he applied and now recieves 3mill a month.nothing changed in his cv just that he applied from sa.our stupid boxers and wrestlers called legislators recieves thousands of dollars monthly doing nothing.the job of the super eagles coach is enormous and tasking,cos dats wot will bring joy or sadness to the faces of nigerians.hence,siasia should ask for more or equate his salary to that of a senator atleast with all the benefits or leave the job let them go and get another foriegn coach that will take triple and fail.NFF always prefer foriegners that will charge millions of dollars so that they can take 40%.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by texazzpete(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2010
And why exactly does SiaSia's demands include a brand new house and car?

Siasia failed at his last Nigerian job, he's on he verge of failing with Heartland FC and yet you say we should give him an arm and a leg?

This is taxpayers' money, it should be spent wisely. If Glo or other private firms decide to give him the millions he wants, that's fine. but i see no reason why a full blooded Nigerian with no experience at senior level coaching should demand for that sum. where's the patriotism?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by honeric01(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2010
Sagamite:

I hate morons succeeding. I have a deep hate inside of me for morons. I look at morons and I see nothing more to like. I see the worst in morons.

To me, that's still not too small as long as they are going to pay his assistants differently and also provide him with the house and car he asked for.

But if he's to pay his assistant from that, then they stake should be moved up to $30,000-$50,000
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2010
Sagamite:

let him hav the money abeg , we all knw the amt Lagerbear or whatever his name was collected from us and yet we couldnt leave beyond the group stages of the worldcup , i actually like siasia's ego and charisma he doesnt look like anyhow coach wey be say small money like this thm go they promise heaven and earth , since 80 percent of Nigerians are requesting for the services of sia 1 NFF must give us what we want , and i want to say what is making them to be reluctant in the decision to take sia 1 is that they know he is a Nigerian and whatever the kind of dubious deal they want to strike with him wil be reveal b4 tym so they are trying to frustrate him out God wont make that happen . Nigerians want sia1 and NFF must give us weather they will call on Glo or Mtn this tym i dont wanna know.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ole ole ole ole grin grin grin grin
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2010
MR Money £:

let him hav the money abeg , we all knw the amt Lagerbear or whatever his name was collected from us and yet we couldnt leave beyond the group stages of the worldcup , i actually like siasia's ego and charisma he doesnt look like anyhow coach wey be say small money like this thm go they promise heaven and earth , since 80 percent of Nigerians are requesting for the services of sia 1 NFF must give us what we want , and i want to say what is making them to be reluctant in the decision to take sia 1 is that they know he is a Nigerian and whatever the kind of dubious deal they want to strike with him wil be reveal b4 tym so they are trying to frustrate him out God wont make that happen . Nigerians want sia1 and NFF must give us weather they will call on Glo or Mtn this tym i dont wanna know.

So because Lagerback was paid like a slowpoke, we should continue paying moronically? undecided
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by buzugee(m): 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2010
Sagamite:

if you hate morons then i take it you have a strong dislike for siasia grin grin
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by buzugee(m): 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2010
seriously though, coaching job should command an annual salary of $200,000 per annum. no more no less. just because some 'money miss road' rich countries like britain pay coaches millions of dollars does not mean  this is the level of coaching pay. those countries have their priorities screwed up. in the same britain alot of people are paid 6 pounds an hour for work. this is capitalism gone wrong. this is abhorrent. this is crazy. out of that 6 pounds an hour they are expected to pay council tax ,income tax , national insurance, tv license, bus pass, light, gas, food, water, rent, phone bill, internet bill, does this sound like the kind of country we should be following ? this is why a lot of britons are running out of the country to places like australia and new zealand and south africa. siasia should be flogged publicly for his demands. i shall personally volunteer to deliver the first 12 lashes of koboko
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2010
buzugee:

if you hate morons then i take it you have a strong dislike for siasia  grin grin

Wetin do Siasia? Why is he a slowpoke?

buzugee:

seriously though, coaching job should command an annual salary of $200,000 per annum. no more no less. just because some 'money miss road' rich countries like britain pay coaches millions of dollars does not mean  this is the level of coaching pay. those countries have their priorities screwed up. in the same britain alot of people are paid 6 pounds an hour for work. this is capitalism gone wrong. this is abhorrent. this is crazy. out of that 6 pounds an hour they are expected to pay council tax ,income tax , national insurance,  tv license, bus pass, light, gas, food, water, rent, phone bill, internet bill, does this sound like the kind of country we should be following ? this is why a lot of britons are running out of the country to places like australia and new zealand and south africa. siasia should be flogged publicly for his demands. i shall personally volunteer to deliver the first 12 lashes of koboko

I think with:

1) Nigeria's historic financial capability.
2) The level and importance of the SE coach role in world football.
3) Going rate for reasonable countries on par with Nigeria.
4) Comparison to leading football and/or wealthy nation's coach salary.
5) The likely calibre of an SE coach.
6) Local purchasing power of the paid salary considering free accommodation and transportation.
7) Nigeria's footballing success aspirations.
8 ) Difficult status of the job at present, no upside for any coach to not delivering as we are at the bottom.

A salary within $300K and $600K per year should be apt and will attract the "right" talent. Reality check: We are unlikely to attract the Hiddinks, Mourinhos, SAF and Van Gaals in their prime, irrespective of our usual senseless braggadocio of "Giant of Africa", "We are Nigeria" bullocks.

Coaches should be paid according to their quality, local or foreign. And I think Siasia, Keshi, Amodu and Kadiri are worth this range and no more.

Any other local coach should be paid less than that.

If we can get Shehata, please give him $600K on the dot. If we can get a truely world class coach, obviously we can break the bank a bit at the expense of a private company.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by occam(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2010
The $1 million sign on fee is a non starter; rather they should agree on a contract based on performance only. And why is he asking for a new car and house. Strike that off.

They can start him with $30,000 – $50,000 per month with yearly increase and bonus based on actual performance. This salary will put him in the top 5% of earners in Nigeria. The performance index can be determined by a combination of number of wins, new player development, Nigeria’s FIFA ranking and so on. Both parties should agree on the percentage increase.

The last year of the contract can then include a $500,000 bonus if we reach the quarter final of the 2014 world cup.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by chuqudy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2010
Why don't he demand for the head of Goodluck Jonathan. 15 million for a coach in a month. How much do Professors, lectures, teachers receive monthly in this country? That is why I don't watch football. What is even the role of football in nation building? Nigeria should forget football and think of technological advancement.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by yagbaboy1(m): 12:08am On Aug 15, 2010
d problem is that siasia has come again. he is giving examples of berti vogts and largerback but he is failing to see that these men are not using naira in their country but converting that twenty million naira there are being giving to anoda currency .e.g dollar to 150 naira so how can he ask for that much.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by dinggle: 12:25am On Aug 15, 2010
Sia1 ain't greedy the money might be much, but it still saves the NFA alot considering what they would otherwise pay a foreign coach, plus where will he spend the money??, Nigeria abi? his money will circulate more than the greedy old fools in the senate who steal to stuck our money in foreign accounts. Sia1 if dem no pay you 15mil make you no take the job. And if they refuse you the offer and call for u 4yrs from now when their eyes are clear increase it to 25mil.
In a country like Nigeria where there isn't any good road, electricity, water and security that money is rubbish.
Check out, Nepa will not give electricity and demand bill payment, generator importer will import painted scraps from china and demand millions, police will rob you at gun point and say the are doing stop and search if u re not lucky accidental discharge for your head. Your neighbor will set u up with kidnappers and take their share later. Yes that baba iyabo wen dey greet you every morning is only waiting for the opportunity to kidnap your grandmother, check his phone and you will see I.K's number his kidnap contact. Sia1 should have enough money to buy a good SUV to navigate naija roads, to buy a good working silent generator and pay kidnappers and for his family members when they come knocking. On the other hand if the country was set and correct, N500,000/month would have been too much for Sia1.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 12:29am On Aug 15, 2010
yagbaboy1:

d problem is that siasia has come again. he is giving examples of berti vogts and largerback but he is failing to see that these men are not using naira in their country but converting that twenty million naira there are being giving to anoda currency .e.g dollar to 150 naira so how can he ask for that much.

And so?

Why don't they stay in their country and get a job then if they need to convert?

So basically you are saying any whiteman with equal abilities as a Nigerian coming to Nigeria should be paid more?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 5:39am On Aug 15, 2010
Ex Dutch international Mar co van basten and Ex German international Jurgen Klinsman both took the national team job with out an previous experience and they were both paid world class salary, Coach Samson Sisia has the record to show for it,age grade or not, he deserve the money after all the NFF had the chance and opportunity to have got him cheap 3 years ago,2 years ago and 1 year ago,they did not and please we are talking of the Coach of the national team of NIGERIA and not Togo, Mali, Benin, Ghana, South Africa or even Tunisia, This is NIGERIA the Super Eagle.
We seek result and should not be looking at the money at this stage, Siasia is worth every penny he is asking for.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by rasputinn(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2010
Much as I'm all for paying our local coaches well,I think Sia1 should've considered how much Amodu was paid monthly(what job is he evn coming to do?),beween 3 and 4 million monthly and a good sign on fee(lfar less than 150 million) is okay for him please.Where did we get this culture of waste from.If it'ss not the politicians,it's the bankers or sports administrators or religious officials,Jeez meeen

Sia1 has pushed the goodwill he enjoys amongst Nigerian soccer fans too far,I hope this doesn't cost him the job eventually as I dreamt a new eagles coach was hired;and it wasn't Sia1
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by marcus1234: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2010
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by OPEYEMIAD(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2010
NOT ONLY #15m.he also ask for a private jet,$1.5m for agreement,a new big accommodation,a driver,and a fool house help.BUT NFF is now concluded to pay #3m permonth and in addition he has to pay his assistance by him self.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by surugede(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2010
OPEYEMI AD:

NOT ONLY #15m.he also ask for a private jet,$1.5m for agreement,a new big accommodation,a driver,and a fool house help.BUT NFF is now concluded to pay #3m permonth and in addition he has to pay his assistance by him self.

the 15M is still open for negotiation, lagabak earned 45m and it was not debated, y should siasias own be debated, besides how do u expect him to earn 3m and still pay his assistance from it, c'mon hw many assistance do u think he will have, what of his goal keeper trainer, c'mon if NFF do not want to give him the job they should just say so, 3m is not acceptable AT ALL
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by ow11(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2010
Pay the man what he asks for OR get another coach simple!

Kadiri Ikhana and Stephen Keshi are reliable alternatives. Although I think $100k is madness on Siasia's part just like Lagerback's $300k, somewhere between $15k and $30k should suffice. Performance based bonuses should be included in the contract as well.

In a related thought, If a national team's performance is dependent on the quality of the coach, why does FIFA allow foreigners coach a national team? If foreigners can't play, they shouldn't coach either!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2010
ow11:

Pay the man what he asks for OR get another coach simple!

Kadiri Ikhana and Stephen Keshi are reliable alternatives. Although I think $100k is madness on Siasia's part just like Lagerback's $300k, somewhere between $15k and $30k should suffice. Performance based bonuses should be included in the contract as well.

We would never pay a foreign coach of his calibre and record $15K per month. He should never accept anything less than $25K per month. And that is for himself only, they should pay his assistants.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2010
ow11:

In a related thought, If a national team's performance is dependent on the quality of the coach, why does FIFA allow foreigners coach a national team? If foreigners can't play, they shouldn't coach either!

Huh? shocked
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2010
the 15M is still open for negotiation, lagabak earned 45m and it was not debated, y should siasias own be debated, besides how do u expect him to earn 3m and still pay his assistance from it, c'mon hw many assistance do u think he will have, what of his goal keeper trainer, c'mon if NFF do not want to give him the job they should just say so, 3m is not acceptable AT ALL

Surugede,I think I will kiss u,this is simply stated but factual analysis on the matter.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2010
G.B.T:

the 15M is still open for negotiation, lagabak earned 45m and it was not debated, y should siasias own be debated,

And in what world was it not debated or condemned? Please inform.

Secondly, did you take into context the urgency and length of time of Lagerback's appointment that does not exist now?

Thirdly, we should use the fraudulence of Lagerback's pay as benchmark?

To me, that was not analysis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Connect Keyboard To Ps3 So I Can Play Fifa08 / Nigerian Globacom Premier League Table. / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.