Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles (10417 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / NFF Gives Oliseh 3 Months Salary In Advance Worth N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by texazzpete(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2010
I'm gonna get flamed for this, but i have to speak the truth.

Siasia is just being greedy if the stories are true. He has achieved NOTHING coaching at the senior level (please correct me if i'm wrong). He has precious little experience coaching at that level. He'd be best served accepting a very good salary (not exorbitant)  for a 2 year contract, and then if he does well, re-negotiate for more for the long term.
Or perhaps start a little more modestly and then ensure performance based increases and bonuses are thrown in.

MOBO444:

Coach Samson Sisia has the record to show for it,age grade or not, he deserve the money after all the NFF had the chance and opportunity to have got him cheap 3 years ago,2 years ago and 1 year ago,they did not and please we are talking of the Coach of the national team of NIGERIA and not Togo, Mali, Benin, Ghana, South Africa or even Tunisia, This is NIGERIA the Super Eagle.
We seek result and should not be looking at the money at this stage, Siasia is worth every penny he is asking for.

Siasia didn't do well at his last stint in charge of our junior team. Plus, he's coaching Heartland FC at the moment. Why can't they get him at a decent cost now? It's not like Heartland is paying him N2m monthly.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2010
honeric01:

Wait until NFF tell him to buzz off that they don't have the money, then he would be the one begging them to take him.

With all these hypes surrounding him, he's setting himself up for a big fall and i pray it doesn't happen.

Egypt 2010 is still fresh in our memories.
SiaSia is the man. I think The negotiation will continue till an agreable cost is reached. If he delivers the next CAN Cup then he has every right to review his price but till then he should not go so high neither so cheap shaa.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by mamagee3(f): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2010
Siasia is a greedy gay but he's a good coach though.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Skyfojydo: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2010
MOBO444:

Ex Dutch international Mar co van basten and Ex German international Jurgen Klinsman both took the national team job with out an previous experience and they were both paid world class salary, Coach Samson Sisia has the record to show for it,age grade or not, he deserve the money after all the NFF had the chance and opportunity to have got him cheap 3 years ago,2 years ago and 1 year ago,they did not and please we are talking of the Coach of the national team of NIGERIA and not Togo, Mali, Benin, Ghana, South Africa or even Tunisia, This is NIGERIA the Super Eagle.
We seek result and should not be looking at the money at this stage, Siasia is worth every penny he is asking for.

Wait nah! u too provoke ehn.
Dis Siasia na thief oh, e wan contest election? what has he achieved to feel he can earn dat much 4rm his country? abeg abeg abeg make him manage  like N7milla.

But wait oh, the PTF and Glo wey write lagerfront contract no go fit write siasia own? abi na for only oyinbo dem 4 dey donate? Dis country sef,
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by member479760: 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2010
We are not going to live on this football, we have something that's needs urgent attention and all resources have to be channel toward it. This is electricity. Coach is not what only determine the success of our football. A team of boys from Ajegunle coached by cheap secondary school physical education master is good enough to have a success.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by marabout(m): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2010
SIASIA is NOT GREEDY. All those senators that get over 1M dollars yearly, what kind of honours have they ever brought to Nigeria
SIASIA has brought a few medals so far.
All the  £150M jets for the madams of government officials to go on shopping spray in Dubai, what honours will they bring to Nigeria??

If anybody deserves a Gulfstream jet, then it's SIASIA. He should also ask for one afterall his mrs is not banned from shopping in Dubaigrin grin grin grin.
If they cannnot pay him, let them look for another mediocre European coach: he can be called Gulder, Heineken, Becks or any kind of lagerbeer grin grin grin

The only reason NFF officials cannot or don't want to pay up is to have enough to transfer to their own accounts in London, Zurich, Paris, Channel Islands and the Bahamas. Idiots. grin grin grin
Since everybody is out to exploit and rape the country to death, why should SIASIA just stand akimbo and watch them? Is it not you chop, I chop system? Next topic please.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by jiggar(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2010
i would sugest he bring down the offer a little bit so that he can establish himself in the senior cadre, and from dia he can start demanding for a higher pay i.e after performing creditably wel durin the 4years of his job.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by tunfeek: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2010
15m per month whao
may be he knowns nff is going to appoint a white man soon or he has include the share of the B O T or cabal of the nff for him to stay long
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2010
I am just watching a BBC documentary on Chechnya.

This is a region that had a 2 year destructive war with Russia that ended 10 years ago. Where every structure looked like the beginning scenes of a Terminator movie where they are showing the future destruction of warfare before they send a cyborg to the past.

If you see the place and streets now. ABSOLUTELY nothing different from most European countries. You can't compare Nigeria to that country.

Yet some people would be coming here beating their chest about "We are Nigeria". What typical useless display of gasconade.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by supereagle(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2010
he is bargaining for his Dutch assistant as well. He can not do the job alone with the Dutch.
That is the beginning of not getting the job. 15m is too much.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2010
Una naija people dey very funny. White man go come carry ALL the money go he no go perform yet una go still dey hail am

Now naija come he wan collect half of wetin white man dey collect una dey complain.

Why una no dey like see una own person succeed?

Well fela talk am. "slavery mentality"

SIA1 abeg collect am oh! no not na steal dem go steal the dough share am amongst themselves.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2010
Sagamite focus on reality and keep jose out of the picture because he is not going to coach nigeria. Our fa in recent times has set a trend of doleing out dollars for/on foreign coaches. And none of these coaches have been spectacular. . berti and largerback for instance. Now a nigerian and a good talent 4 that matter wants the job and you are saying 400000 dollars max a year?! Thats pathetic considering that in one of your threads you said you were all for the promotion of our own. . Your employers wealth determines how much you ask 4. Don't 4get that we are from a country that can afford to pay worthless senators well over 100000 dollars a month. How much is too much 4 a man who has the potential to bring honor and positive recognition to the country?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by MRMoneyE(m): 12:04am On Aug 14, 2010
Reading all the comments here, one can clearly see how divided and confused a country Nigeria is. We are NEVER satisfied with anything. Always have a reason to complain, in all areas. Even if we win the world cup, some people will still have something negative to say. I have known that through nairaland long long time ago.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by supereagle(m): 12:25am On Aug 14, 2010
yomola:

Sagamite focus on reality and keep jose out of the picture because he is not going to coach nigeria. Our fa in recent times has set a trend of doleing out dollars for/on foreign coaches. And none of these coaches have been spectacular. . berti and largerback for instance. Now a nigerian and a good talent 4 that matter wants the job and you are saying 400000 dollars max a year?! Thats pathetic considering that in one of your threads you said you were all for the promotion of our own. . Your employers wealth determines how much you ask 4. Don't 4get that we are from a country that can afford to pay worthless senators well over 100000 dollars a month. How much is too much 4 a man who has the potential to bring honor and positive recognition to the country?
They pay oyinbo coaches big money because some corrupt nff official will take their own part. Were you not alive when Glen Hoddle said that they demanded 100m bribe from him. Largerpay played along and got the job.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 14, 2010
Supereagle. . True.  But still largerpay still collected well over what siasia wants to collect. . correct?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by ikeyman00(m): 1:15am On Aug 14, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

i hope someone out there is seeing what im seeing
[size=23pt]
some blacks just cant stand the fact that some brothers are living well[/size]

bloody b astard in disperse; everywhere

wetin be 15 million compare to what some inadequate white coach get

no wonder people like large12 was so damn abrogating to siasia whenever the issue came up

menhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people need to easeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee out

but wait ooooo

has anybody ponder on the reason these monkey are so bent on foreign coaches

well  if have to speak then it would say it Only to maximaize their loot
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Guylan(m): 4:24am On Aug 14, 2010
Sia Sia should choose between serving his fatherland (giving his best to his nation) and planning to have his own share of the national cake. Nigeria will not progress if everything is just about what Nigeria can do for us. It's time Nigerians start thinking of what we can do for our nation not how much we will be paid to give our best to our great country.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by marcus1234: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2010
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2010

SHOUT IT BRUV CAUSE YOU ARE SPOT ON!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 7:57am On Aug 14, 2010
yomola:

Sagamite focus on reality and keep jose out of the picture because he is not going to coach nigeria. Our fa in recent times has set a trend of doleing out dollars for/on foreign coaches. And none of these coaches have been spectacular. . berti and largerback for instance. Now a nigerian and a good talent 4 that matter wants the job and you are saying 400000 dollars max a year?! Thats pathetic considering that in one of your threads you said you were all for the promotion of our own. .

What trash do you keep on chatting?

So your reason to over-pay Siasia is because we daftly over-pay FCs?

Can you even compare Siasia's achievement to that of Vogts?

According to your so-called logic, why not pay SiaSia $3m? Is that not what we would pay Hiddink if he took over for Nigeria?

And your logic is that "well, if we would pay Oyinbo that, then we should pay Siasia that too".

yomola:

Your employers wealth determines how much you ask 4. Don't 4get that we are from a country that can afford to pay worthless senators well over 100000 dollars a month. How much is too much 4 a man who has the potential to bring honor and positive recognition to the country?

Why not pay him £2bn for his "potential"?
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2010
Why not pay him £2bn for his "potential"?

If he can successfully negotiate that then it is luck/good for him!
Dont 4get that the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR HERE IS HIS POWER OF NEGOTIATION,
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 8:11am On Aug 14, 2010
G.B.T:

If he can successfully negotiate that then it is luck/good for him!
Dont 4get that the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR HERE IS HIS POWER OF NEGOTIATION,

You keep on trying to maintain that power of dillusion is a power of negotiation.

I can as well go to work that unless they give me a salary that is 100 times of what I get I will quit.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2010
You keep on trying to maintain that power of dillusion is a power of negotiation.

I can as well go to work that unless they give me a salary that is 100 times of what I get I will quit.

IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE WORTH THAT Y NOT AND LEAVE IT TO YOUR EMPLOYER TO DECIDE TO KEEP OR SHIP OUT SIMPLE!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2010
G.B.T:

IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE WORTH THAT Y NOT AND LEAVE IT TO YOUR EMPLOYER TO DECIDE TO KEEP OR SHIP OUT SIMPLE!

Your thinking you are worth it does not stop it being a DILLUSION!
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by GBT(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2010
[td]Your thinking you are worth it does not stop it being a DILLUSION [/td]

Really am not sure am interested in continuing with this, but the fact still remains that whatever Siasia and his legal team think they are worth is strictly their prerogative and no one else?

I was listening to BRILLA and I heard the part SIASIA, saying that he has made his demands( whatever that his I don’t think he said what it was or maybe I had not tuned in then) and that this Lawyers are with the NFF discussing the contractual term and also that they have his number in case they need to speak with him directly.

This is plain simple if u or any other person thinks he does not deserve whatever is been alleged then it is your cup of tea as this dude has been found good enough and was contacted so it is for him to state his demand whether it is exorbitant or not is not your beat or issue of DILLUSION,DUDE.

As I had said earlier there will b implications which will be
- That the NFF can accept the terms.
- That the NFF send the term out thru the window
- Or that they request his team to review with them on a round table now if that fails then the relationships effectively ends simple
Y is this so hard for folks to understand and yank off sentiments and refrain from name calling!

Now if the NFF so accept to his term, without cutting back on his demand then this will be the implication
He will be expected to play with small boys and go ahead and defeat brazil and Spain even without training invariably impling that expectation will be crazy
Any single defeat will send tongues wagging whether he lost honorably on not
This might cause him his job except there are clauses in the contractual agreement to cover this.

So please name lets argue,discuss contrcutively without name calling except for just for the fun of it,
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2010
G.B.T:

Really am not sure am interested in continuing with this, but the fact still remains that whatever Siasia and his legal team think they are worth is strictly their prerogative and no one else?

You want to coach SE and the salary is not SE fans prerogative?  undecided
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by oluwabamis(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2010
siasiaa is a bloody thief, he is not worth 15m. he is capitalising on GEJ to get his own share of the national meat-pie or is it cake. Ole sia!!!. He need to prove himself b4 asking for that kind of money. This is just to tell you that almost every naija fellow is selfish and unpatriotic
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by Sagamite(m): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2010
oluwabamis:

siasiaa is a bloody thief, he is not worth 15m. he is capitalising on GEJ to get his own share of the national meat-pie or is it cake. Ole sia!!!. He need to prove himself b4 asking for that kind of money. This is just to tell you that almost every naija fellow is selfish and unpatriotic

So much moronic conjecture over an apocryphal news. And he has a right to vote!!! undecided
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by uneeking(m): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2010
cool
Oga NFF,

I wish to tell you the minds of most Nigerians to whom I have spoken to on the issue of our football generally and Super Eagles specifically.
1. Most Nigerians believe in SiaSia's ability to deliver. I am not his friend, relation or anything close but I can tell you I know SiaSia from his secondary school days in Lagos but he does not know me since he was in a different school and we only meet during the Principal's Cup matches in those days in Lagos. What he has done in Nigerian football both as a player and coach has not been rivaled by any Nigerian dead or alive. I repeat as A PLAYER and COACH together.
It is only in this part of the world that we do not respect that fact.
If the NFF is serious about moving Nigeria's football forward, it will use the same means that were used to get Globacom and others to provide exactly the same income for Lars Larger Beer (SORRY LAGER BACH) for our own SiaSia unless we have joined those those colonial short-sighted folks who think Africans are sub-humans to other races. Luckily enough for us, SiaSia, and to some extent, Stephen Keshi and  Jay-Jay Okocha to mention only a few, have already proved them wrong beyond reasonable doubt. And whether you like it or not, SiaSia will not only be performing for the money but also national pride, patriotism and a better C.V.! He has shown that in the past both as a player and a coach.
The NFF has everything to gain here because unlike in the past when you go jamboreeing to every part of the world in the name of looking for a good coach and subsequently for world cup or nations cup matches only to come back home without results and receive curses from not less than 80 million Nigerians (yes, you guessed right, the youths mostly), you will go and come with blessings instead and the little you get out of that will actually work for you and not bring sorrows of different dimensions into your families.
A word we say, is enough for the wise as long as they act on it!
grin

Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by hEvyAlien(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2010
its rather unfortunate but we Nigerians are the reasons why white people look down on us black people. So because Siasia is black he doesnt deserve to get the money he is asking for, ?What makes it right for a white coach to get paid huge sums of money

I have realised that the reasons why we are often discriminated against is cos we allow it, we have been raised or brought up to think been white gives you an edge and thats an absolute LIE.
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by jupita: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2010
how much is 15m naira in dollar? the naira has no value. . .
what does laggerback have in his cv?wot has he won? he was paid $2m for 4months. . .
siasia on the other hand has done so much in a few years, he has more medals than the losers you've had in the past . . .
poverty mentality dey worry nigerians. . .
Re: Siasia Wants N15m Per Month To Coach Eagles by BabaO2: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2010
how much is 15m naira in dollar? the naira has no value. . .
what does laggerback have in his cv?wot has he won? he was paid $2m for 4months. . .
siasia on the other hand has done so much in a few years, he has more medals than the losers you've had in the past . . .
poverty mentality dey worry nigerians. . .
conservatively it is $100000, that is too high for an individual to collect as a salary, not to even talk as an expatriate salary which could be included with inconveniences for leaving ur country to work somewhere else.
Lagerback +2 backroom staff were collecting about $200000. This is why it will always be business as usual at glass house, if siasia is demanding 15m ($100000). There should be standard in this country. Siasia should be thrown out, i was craving for him before now, never knew he's only fighting for his personal interest, not a patriotism interest. Afterall, he has failed when matters most which clearly showed that he lacked capacity to win technical matches. German were reduced to 10 men at U20 for over 50 mins, he doesnt know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa (3 - 1): AYC 2013 Qualifier On Sunday October—7—2012 / How To Connect Keyboard To Ps3 So I Can Play Fifa08 / Nigerian Globacom Premier League Table.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.