Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today (8645 Views)

Lagosians Groan As VIOs Violate Sanwo-Olu's Directives On Morning Operations / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. / Obafemi Hamzat Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:28am On Jan 24, 2019
He says that there is a descrepancy in the cost of the Blue Line.

He said that the former governor gave a value, but the contractor gave a statement to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and provided a completely different value of the project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:30am On Jan 24, 2019
He said that he originally thought that there might be a reason for the discrepancy, but his investigation shows that there's no reason for the discrepancy and he intends to write to the Chinese Government about it.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2019
They are on a break.

This is a good time to say that a recording of the entire show is usually on Jimi Disu's blog a few hours after the show and I will post a link to the recording once it becomes available

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by MuttleyLaff: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2019
naptu2:
Jimi Disu asked him if he is a builder. He said no. Disu then asked him what he studied.

He said that he studied law in Lasu, but he didn't finish. He had a traumatic experience that almost cost him his life.

He said he worked in the real estate sector in the UK and he listed other sectors that he worked in in the UK
You forgot to add that he worked also as a higly qualified IT consultant in the UK
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by Caseless: 9:34am On Jan 24, 2019
obyback:

I actually expected a lot from hamzat, he blew me away with his submissions. Sanwolu is still unknown to me, i haven't heard him speak policy, i hope he is as brilliant as people say.
I remember when Jimi brought ambode to the discourse 4 year ago, i knew the guy was just a hype even Jimi wasn't impressed.
sanwo-olu's calmness before he answers a question is what I like. The man with 'chemist" is out of ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:34am On Jan 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You forgot to add that he worked also as a higly qualified IT consultant in the UK

I didn't forget. They are speaking very fast so I have to summarise to keep up. You can help me by posting what you hear

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2019
Jimi Disu says that he sees Gbadamosi as an activist.

Gbadamosi says that he is not an activist.

Jimi Disu says that he remembers when he used to go to Facebook and Gbadamosi's posts were always being shared.

Gbadamosi says that there are hard truths that must be told.

Disu says that those posts got him into conflict with the security services and he was detained.

He asks how long he was detained and i think Gbadamosi said that it was 9 months

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by delpee(f): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2019
I pray for the safety and wellbeing of this man.

He's good no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2019
A caller says that Ezekwesili has stepped down for a coalition.

He says that Gbadamosi is a son of PDP and he has spoken well.

He said that Buhari didn't succeed until he joined a coalition.

(He is hinting that Gbadamosi should form a coaliton with PDP).

He also asks why Gbadamosi hasn't released the information that he has so that voters can make a choice

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by Uselessman: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2019
naptu2:

Jimi Disu says that he remembers when he used to go to Facebook and Gbadamosi's posts were always being shared.

Disu says that those posts got him into conflict with the security services and he was detained.

He asks how long he was detained and i think Gbadamosi said that it was 9 months
9 days
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by Ajibel(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
No he is just standing and representing transparency and stemming taking short cuts

Well, I sincerely believe it's quite easy for him to say until he gets there. The dreams and big aspirations one has most times will be different from the reality on ground.

But I understand where he is going to. If the Lagos government have been transparent enough with their spending, then we won't be in this situation.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2019
Gbadamosi said that the info is obvious.

He said that the governor appointed a successor (he's referring to Tinubu and Fashola).

He said that Tinubu was on TV and said, "If the doctors don't want to work, Tunde sack them". He said that the man called the governor Tunde.

He said that we can see with the way Ambode was unceremoniously removed that he wasn't in charge.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Gbadamosi says that they are currently in talks about a coalition.

Jimi Disu tries to pin him down on whether Jimi Agbaje is part of the discussion.

Gbadamosi says 65% of the PDP are talking to them.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Uselessman:
9 days

Thank you
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:48am On Jan 24, 2019
Jimi Disu tries to pin him down on whether Agbaje is part of the talks and Gbadamosi said that disgruntled APC members are talking to them.

Disu asks if Fouad Oki is part of the discussions and Gbadamosi refuses to name names

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by damoskiy(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2019
naptu2:

9 days you meant
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by johnchima007(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2019
Jimi Disu is an APC man. Just listening to his interview with Gbadamosi and if I were him, I will just be careful with what I say to him.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by MuttleyLaff: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2019
Disu trying to pin down Gbadamosi about who and who is participating in the colliation discussion, as in, is Agbaje involved too, but Gbadamosi, isnt moving ground and not giving in
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2019
He says that the people's needs are not being met.

People need education for their kids, healthcare, water. This radio station is being run on a generator at the moment

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:50am On Jan 24, 2019
They are talking about traffic
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by damoskiy(m): 9:50am On Jan 24, 2019
Gbadamosi is talking about Tinubu too much. It's not about Tinubu tho... Tell us what you want to do...

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by wellmax(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2019
This guy is over hyped sha
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by MuttleyLaff: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2019
naptu2 , I am late for work already, so leaving now, you'll have to continue updating without me chipping in. I'll catch later on the road or when back in

PS. Now talking of how to ease car or travel congestion using ferries or jetties
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2019
He says that every division of Lagos should have an LSWD yard

LSWD = Lagos State Works Department.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by wellmax(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2019
This constant attack on Tinubu will not win elections.

GEJ did much more than that and what did he get from it

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2019
He says that he will ask the house of assembly for money to buy RORO catamaran ferries.

He is listing places that will have jetties for the ferries

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Including Oko Baba

He says that he will also regenerate the area.

He won't take their sawmills or drive them away, rather he will build whatehouses for them at a cost that they can afford

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Disu asks him about the tankers
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by wellmax(m): 9:55am On Jan 24, 2019
You will do in six months,
Easy to say.

I agree that the current political structure won't last forever, but attacking the current structure and promising heaven and earth is just fairy tale.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by wellmax(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2019
Accusing Tinubu of sabotaging airport and port terminal
without any evidence is mere gibberish
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by okeamuboy: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2019
This guy is saying a lot of things that are not implementable.
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today by naptu2: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2019
He talks about rail lines that he will build from Badagry with exit points at Berger, etc.

Each exit point will have a wharehouse and tank farm.

If you want to pick up your goods, you can pick it up at the exit points (they would have been brought there for you).

You will pay a fine if you insist on driving to the ports.

He will also have liter terminals and goods will be moved by barges.

He said heavy goods will only be moved by road at night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ozekhome Kidnap: Abductors Insist On N100m Ransom / Igbo Presidency After Buhari / Sarki Abba Didn't Test Positive For COVID-19 - Bashir Ahmad Counters Sahara Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.