Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? (6964 Views)

A Preacher Of The Antichrist Gospel Of Grace Says Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin / Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? / Which Enslaves Man's Spirit To Mystical Manuplations, Sex Or Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
somehow:
You are asking for the definitions?
Unmarried people having sex.
Married people having sex with people they're not married to.
absolutely wrong definition!
This is what we were thought in church while we were growing up as christians but we have seen now that it is a wrong definition.

Fornication is the bible means sex with a close relation. That is, father inlaw having sex with a daughter inlaw or woman having sex with her husbands son from another woman. It is worst than adultery.

Adultery is simply cheating on your spouse(wedded or not).

I can show you this in the scripture
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by jcross19: 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
somehow:
There are Christians in Muslim and secular countries. Dwell on that
still they have traditional way of wedding . in a family where they have both Christians and Muslims as a family members one thing will bind them together, their tradition.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by somehow: 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
And your points is?
jcross19:
still they have traditional way of wedding . in a family where they have both Christians and Muslims as a family members one thing will bind them together, their tradition.

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by somehow: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
Now this one make me laugh.

Oya show me where fornication is said to be what you typed.
paxonel:
This is what we were thought in church while we were growing up as christians but we have seen now that it is a wrong definition.

Fornication is the bible means sex with a close relation. That is, father inlaw having sex with a daughter inlaw or woman having sex with her husbands son from another woman. It is worst than adultery.

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by jcross19: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
somehow:
And your points is?
and my point is, some customs don't take pride price what are you going to say about that?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
jesusjnr:
Sex was intended by God the creator of Man to be the exclusive preserve of married couples(husband and wife), hence any sex outside marriage is a sin.

And i'm of the opinion that if two people, man and woman, have truly decided to become joined together as one flesh and married in that respect, that trust themselves enough to be committed to that union till death do them part, then they can begin to have sex, and it would be applicable to the way God made it to be.

However there's the danger of possible abuse arising from commitments as such that are not binding, so when that is factored into the equation, it perhaps makes a strong case for the formal procedure of marriage to be followed first, before the couples can begin to have sex.

So definitely sex outside of marriage is definitely a sin, and can be equated to adultery in the respect that every man or woman that has sex with any member of the opposite sex that they don't marry, is the husband or wife of someone else in advance, so it could be said to be adultery in advance.

But when it comes to masturbation, it is also a sin, but only in the sense of lust, and of the heart. For even though the person concerned may not have physically slept with someone else's marriage partner, present or future, the person has already committed adultery in his/her heart in that respect according to Jesus, and so to that extent has sinned.

So although it may not be a sin at the level of the laws of righteousness, it is a sin at the level of the laws of perfection that applies in the Kingdom of God which Jesus brought to humanity, which are intended to make humans perfect even as God is.

So bottom line both are sins at different levels, so even if one finds him or herself having to decide between the two, hence go for masturbation which is a lesser sin of the two, it's important that one does not settle for such, for it's a sin of the heart, according to Jesus and hence it's not perfect, because it involves lust.

And so such a person should aspire to come to the level of that saying of Jesus where they are obedient to God even at the heart level, for with God who gave that commandment it is possible.

the bolded is very wrong. men had multiple wives and concubines during the biblical days.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
kimco:

the bolded is very wrong. men had multiple wives and concubines during the biblical days.
The bolded is very right if you speak of the way it was made by God in the beginning.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
jesusjnr:
The bolded is very right if you speak of the way it was made by God in the beginning.

it is wrong....bro and if we were to go further u wnt be able to keep up. Example if incest is a sin? who did abel marry? how were men supposed to populate the earth if not with demselves (considering Adam, Eve and their children being the only people on earth at the time)

why was David blessed with wives and concubines, how come not a single prophet spoke against it. Also seeing as the new testament spoke not against it, You cant use the new testament defence as well.

so if man was only supposed to marry one woman? how come Israel practised polygamy then especially rich men? how come no prophet spoke against it and how come the bible ones did not speak against it?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
paxonel:

it actually turns out that adultery can only be commit by the woman. the adulterous woman who was dragged out by the men to stone her, why did dey not attack the man too? he was married therefore could not commit adultery...he was free to marry lots more if he cud afford. he could add to his households concubines if he so wanted. therefore the law didnt include men. we must keep in mind dat Israel regarded women as 3rd class citizens, so such laws are not surprising. today its been twisted to fit the agenda of some others.

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
paxonel:

it actually turns out that adultery can only be commit by the woman. the adulterous woman who was dragged out by the men to stone her, why did dey not attack the man too? he was married therefore could not commit adultery...he was free to marry lots more if he cud afford. he could add to his households concubines if he so wanted. therefore the law didnt include men. we must keep in mind dat Israel regarded women as 3rd class citizens, so such laws are not surprising. today its been twisted to fit the agenda of some others.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
somehow:
Now this one make me laugh.

Oya show me where fornication is said to be what you typed.
John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

This means, children of several fathers but from one woman(woman who is married to two or more men) were children born of fornication.(children produced from a union called fornication)

Now, how do we know that the several fathers of these children sleeping with this one woman to produce these children are related(that is,they could be brothers or one is father and the other man is his son)?

Read this :

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

So, fornication is a man sleeping with his fathers wife or two brothers having one woman to bear children (In summary, a woman cheating her husband with his close related person to bear children)
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
kimco:

it actually turns out that adultery can only be commit by the woman. the adulterous woman who was dragged out by the men to stone her, why did dey not attack the man too?
discrimination against women was common then, just as it is common in africa today

he was married therefore could not commit adultery...he was free to marry lots more if he cud afford. he could add to his households concubines if he so wanted. therefore the law didnt include men. we must keep in mind dat Israel regarded women as 3rd class citizens, so such laws are not surprising. today its been twisted to fit the agenda of some others.
exactly, very ríght

1 Like

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by somehow: 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
I will make my own findings
paxonel:

John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

This means, children of several fathers but from one woman(woman who is married to two or more men) were children born of fornication.(children produced from a union called fornication)

Now, how do we know that the several fathers of these children sleeping with this one woman to produce these children are related(that is,they could be brothers or one is father and the other man is his son)?

Read this :

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

So, fornication is a man sleeping with his fathers wife or two brothers having one woman to bear children (In summary, a woman cheating her husband with his close related person)
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
somehow:
I will make my own findings
good
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
kimco:

it is wrong....bro and if we were to go further u wnt be able to keep up. Example if incest is a sin? who did abel marry? how were men supposed to populate the earth if not with demselves (considering Adam, Eve and their children being the only people on earth at the time)

why was David blessed with wives and concubines, how come not a single prophet spoke against it. Also seeing as the new testament spoke not against it, You cant use the new testament defence as well.

so if man was only supposed to marry one woman? how come Israel practised polygamy then especially rich men? how come no prophet spoke against it and how come the bible ones did not speak against it?

I don't know which angle you are coming from but I am coming from the angle of Jesus my Master, for after the fall of man in the beginning, a lot of things got spoilt and damaged that the original intentions of God, such as in the instance of marriage were being laid aside because of the hardness of the heart of men to follow the original intentions of God from the beginning when He first made man and woman.

So even though it wasn't God's original Intentions, God had to manage a lot of things and let men get away with a lot of things so as to limit the damage for something was better than nothing.

And that was how things were until God had the opportunity of bringing back the original standard that He intended for man in the beginning via His only begotten Son Jesus, and that was the basis of the instructions that He gave such as that concerning marriage where He said:

...Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Matthew 19:4-6 (KJV)

And said again:

...Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
...Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Matthew 19:8-9(KJV)

So you always hear Him make reference to what God originally intended when He first made man in the beginning, because that was what He came to restore.

So if you like you follow His instructions, if you like you don't, but what I know is that all those people that you want to cite as example to justify your position of marrying many wives and concubines and so on, none of them would be able to give you salvation for your soul but Jesus.

Conclusion: Sex was intended by God for only married couples of husband and wife who have hence become one flesh.

So what God has joined together, let no man abuse or put asunder.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 12:04am On Feb 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
I don't know which angle you are coming from but I am coming from the angle of Jesus my Master, for after the fall of man in the beginning, a lot of things got spoilt and damaged that the original intentions of God, such as in the instance of marriage were being laid aside because of the hardness of the heart of men to follow the original intentions of God from the beginning when He first made man and woman.

So even though it wasn't God's original Intentions, God had to manage a lot of things and let men get away with a lot of things so as to limit the damage for something was better than nothing.

And that was how things were until God had the opportunity of bringing back the original standard that He intended for man in the beginning via His only begotten Son Jesus, and that was the basis of the instructions that He gave such as that concerning marriage where He said:

...Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

And said again:

...Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
...[b]Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Matthew 19:8-9(KJV)[/b]

So you always hear Him make reference to what God originally intended when He first made man in the beginning, because that was what He came to restore.

So if you like you follow His instructions, if you like you don't, but what I know is that all those people that you want to cite as example to justify your position of marrying many wives and concubines and so on, none of them would be able to give you salvation for your soul but Jesus.

Conclusion: Sex was intended by God for only married couples of husband and wife who have hence become one flesh.

Jesus your master? your master did not once condemn polygamy.

the Matthew 19:8-9 bit amazes me how u can misunderstand dat point. If you leave your wife when she hasn't fornicated and marry anoda means u have commit adultery. she too wudve commit adultery with her new husby. that is the condition given...but so far as that man is still married to the wife he is free to go for anoda. There will be no adultery charge there.

I have heard this noise being made alot with this verse thrown about regarding A man and A woman. What did u expect....even if a man marries 10 wives...the marriage is always between the man and the one wife he is marrying at that particular tym. He doesnt marry all 10 at once or even 2 at once. hence that phrasing. You are only misinterpreting the verses you are quoting.

Wat is this original plan you speak of? nowhere in the bible was polygamy frowned up in the bible even by your master Jesus, just like he said nothing regarding slavery. i guess he really did not come to change the law but to fufill it.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:12am On Feb 07, 2019
jcross19:
that only work here in Nigeria I don't know other places but in general parents consent is needed if not you are committing stealing as well but some places like UK and us such thing like pride price is not existing there so are we going to say that they are committing fornication?
I thought this was a Religious discussion? Is jt abt what optains in the world or what YHWH who instituted marriage says?

Pls answer me, how shd Christians do marriage?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:15am On Feb 07, 2019
jcross19:
Americans are they not Christians too?
What does the Bible say shd be done?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:20am On Feb 07, 2019
jcross19:
devil have been existing over billions of years still they could not do anything to him but continue sending people to hell. according to UN over 100billions souls have died since the creation of this earth where would their soul be.
What? Who could not do anything to the Devil?

You mean God is powerless to punish satan? Well, bros, saran has already been sentenced. He was judged and cast out of heaven, and he is counting down time when he will be cast into hellfire.

Except you don't believe in the Bible, but if you do, you know that Jesus says there's a world of the departed spirits who await resurrection.

I'm shocked that a Christian will rather quote the UN than the Bible.

Are you a Christian?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:24am On Feb 07, 2019
paxonel:
ok,

What is fornication?

How is fornication different from adultery?
This doesn't sound like a question a Christian shd ask.
Fornication is having sexual intercourse with a partner you are not married to. Adultery is having sexual intercourse with another married person's partner.

Fornication = unmarried Singles having sex.

Adultery = Married people having sex outside their marriage.

Spin it anyhow you want, the truth remains valid.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2019
paxonel:
you are truthful,

The part of the world that is making bride price compulsary for marriage to commence are the ones complicating issues especially when the lady is marrying a poor man who cannot afford the bride price.

I have a friend who is pregnant now, the guy who impregnated her is so poor, his income is nothing to go. But he has taken this girl to the apartment he inherited from his late daddy and they have started life a long time ago.
Assuming the girls parents were insisting that this poor guy must pay bride price that means the girls life would have been more miserable with her pregnancy?

Religion and the society and their laws can be very wrong sometimes
And this came from a Christian.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:27am On Feb 07, 2019
Elthugnificent:
It is not pre-marital sex if you don't intend to get married in the first place.
Even if you intend to get married, it is premarital sex if you do it before a formal exchange is done by the families.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2019
jcross19:
Christians can't just exists without being part of a certain tribe,race or nation and this have an impact in their moral standard even Israel have their own tradition. you are the stale bro. fanaticism can't help you.
Do you realize that Christianity is a Kingdom which has it's rules and ethics? That you a Christian living in Afghanistan, doesn't mean you shd do what the Afghans do. You look into your ethical manual (The Bible), and do as it says.

If the Bible says you do not marry a non-Christian, you do not marry a non-Christian.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:34am On Feb 07, 2019
jcross19:
and my point is, some customs don't take pride price what are you going to say about that?
And those customs are Bible based?

Are you talking as a Christian or as a secular person?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:39am On Feb 07, 2019
kimco:

Have you come by 'From the beginning it was not so?'. Do you know when man began disobeying God's laws?

For this reason 'a' man (singular), leave 'his' (singular) family and be joined to 'his' (singular) 'wife' (singular), and they both shall become One Flesh (singular).

They'll become Distinguishably One. Meaning you can distinguish them but cannot divide them.
This arrangement cannot fit more than two people.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:43am On Feb 07, 2019
kimco:

Why then did the men who brought her out not stone her?

And, when the Lord said 'If you look at a woman to lust after her in your mind, you have committed adultery', was He refering to women or men? Lol.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 8:59am On Feb 07, 2019
paxonel:

This is quite laughable. So a child can be impregnated by more than one man?

Pls stop misinterpreting scriptures. That is not what Jn 8 : 41 says. God never had sex with any woman to produce the Pharisees. What it says is Spiritual parentage. Na wa for you.

quote author=paxonel post=75479438]
Now, how do we know that the several fathers of these children sleeping with this one woman to produce these children are related(that is,they could be brothers or one is father and the other man is his son)?[/quote]
What nonsense is this?

quote author=paxonel post=75479438]
Read this :

So, fornication is a man sleeping with his fathers wife or two brothers having one woman to bear children (In summary, a woman cheating her husband with his close related person to bear children) [/quote]
Hahahahahahahaha. You have a problem giving a defination of fornication.
First, it was a woman with many men, now is a man sleeping with his father's wife.

Boy, stop missquoting scriptures. It is a grave sin to falsify Scriptures; this is a sin against the Holy Spirit.

Fornication is Singles having sex.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 9:03am On Feb 07, 2019
jesusjnr:

And said again:

...Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Matthew 19:8-9(KJV)

The TRUTH has been spoken here. Let him who have an ear hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2019
kimco:

Jesus your master? your master did not once condemn polygamy.

the Matthew 19:8-9 bit amazes me how u can misunderstand dat point. If you leave your wife when she hasn't fornicated and marry anoda means u have commit adultery. she too wudve commit adultery with her new husby. that is the condition given...but so far as that man is still married to the wife he is free to go for anoda. There will be no adultery charge there.
Sir, be careful how you falsify scriptures. What you say here is not what the Lord says there.

Now, lets address the issues in Matt 19 : 8
1. A man shd remain with his wife. (Nothing indicates that they are wives)

2. The only condition which gives a man the right to put off his wife is if she goes outside her marriage.

3. Execpt it's that case, if he marries (note, marries) another woman, he commits adultery. This case is even marrying o.

4. If she who is put out without her breaking the covenant of marriage, marries another man, commits adultery.

Can you see that adultery is both ways? If you like go and be commiting sin but justifying your acts.
quote author=kimco post=75488401]
I have heard this noise being made alot with this verse thrown about regarding A man and A woman. What did u expect....even if a man marries 10 wives...the marriage is always between the man and the one wife he is marrying at that particular tym. He doesnt marry all 10 at once or even 2 at once. hence that phrasing. You are only misinterpreting the verses you are quoting.
THIS IS ACCORDING TO YOU, NOT HIM WHO instituted MARRIAGE.

It was Adam and Eve. Not Adam and many wives.

kimco:

Wat is this original plan you speak of? nowhere in the bible was polygamy frowned up in the bible even by your master Jesus, just like he said nothing regarding slavery. i guess he really did not come to change the law but to fufill it.
It's obvious you are an outsider. Pls mind where you are and leave us to mind ours.

The original plan was Adam and Eve. Two becoming one flesh.

And, Jesus didn't talk about Slavery because he never instituted it. He is totally against Man controlling other men. Freedom is His Creed.

And, Stewardship is not slavery. The Bible teaches stewardship, but if you choose to call it slavery, good for you.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by jcross19: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2019
Emmanystone:

What? Who could not do anything to the Devil?

You mean God is powerless to punish satan? Well, bros, saran has already been sentenced. He was judged and cast out of heaven, and he is counting down time when he will be cast into hellfire.

Except you don't believe in the Bible, but if you do, you know that Jesus says there's a world of the departed spirits who await resurrection.

I'm shocked that a Christian will rather quote the UN than the Bible.

Are you a Christian?

God knows how to judge His people so stop talking for Him. yes I am Christian and I read my bible with all my heart and by the help of holy spirit .
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by jcross19: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2019
Emmanystone:

And those customs are Bible based?

Are you talking as a Christian or as a secular person?
what are you talking even Jesus respect the custom of the Israelite .no race without a certain way of life which transfer as a custom. where I live witnessed a traditional wedding where the father of the bride rejected the bride price here south west what will you say about that.?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by jcross19: 10:22am On Feb 07, 2019
Emmanystone:

Do you realize that Christianity is a Kingdom which has it's rules and ethics? That you a Christian living in Afghanistan, doesn't mean you shd do what the Afghans do. You look into your ethical manual (The Bible), and do as it says.

If the Bible says you do not marry a non-Christian, you do not marry a non-Christian.
so because you are Christian now you will not follow the process of your customary way of traditional wedding? I teach love and fear of God in my church. I follow what Jesus says not what the bible says not everything in the bible make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. / Goliath’s Skull Found In Holy Land! / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.