Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,211 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? (6945 Views)

A Preacher Of The Antichrist Gospel Of Grace Says Pre-marital Sex Is Not A Sin / Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? / Which Enslaves Man's Spirit To Mystical Manuplations, Sex Or Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
Emmanystone:

So, the issue is with the Jews, not Jesus who gave the law.

Took you long enough. Also, This makes no sense whatsoever. What's your point?

Emmanystone:

Adultery is a sexual immorality based on lusting or sleeping with another married woman. Now that we have that out of the way,
Or married man. It goes both ways. If a woman is married and sleeps with a man who is not her husband, she has committed adultery and vise versa.

This is true. But the focus was on the man hence my initial definition. The woman is always at fault irrespective.

Emmanystone:

if the man is married, but the woman is not, he is committing adultery while she is committing fornication.

Wrong. He is only taking up a concubine which is allowed. She on the other hand is commiting fornication...Because the laws of Israel were not fair to women and children. they were as low as slaves if not lower. There was only twice that Adultery was mentioned for men. Lusting after a married woman(because she is another's property, how sexist) and DIVORCING your wife when she hasn't commit fornication for another. this time the adultery charge affects the woman and her new man as well because again, she is still another's property. Pls know about the times you speak of...its not today's world, it was a heavily influenced MAN'S WORLD.

Emmanystone:

that's why it says a divorced woman (for no reason) cannot remarry because according to the law she is still married.
Let's state what the Divine Design says.

Both male and females belongs to God equally.

Both souls answers to God individually (Not the man for the woman or the woman for the man)

Everyone receives the same level of Grace and atonement for sins.

Jesus died for both male and female.

His laws are binding on both males and females.

This said. The Lord Jesus says the only reason they must be a divorce, or what can free both parties from the string or bond that ties them, is if one of them commits adultery.

So, if it's the man who commit adultery, the woman is free to divorce him and remarry if she wills. So also the man. The law is not binding only on her.
Where is this in the bible? the bible was clear on this, A MAN is only cleared to divorce his wife if she commits fornication. A woman had no authority to even talk back at her husband let alone to question him on his infidelity, and even if he does, so what? he is allowed to. She had no authority to take Divorce him. No court would allow that. Hell, women were not allowed to testify in court cos they were seen as less intelligent creatures, how was she going to get a court of men to side with her when they didn't respect her? This is Israel...a patriarchal society. Before you think of the spiritual please acknowledge the physical. A woman in those times had no such power. and i heard no rebuttal from Jesus. in the harlot's case he simply implied forgiveness. he didn't condemn the status quo.

Emmanystone:

You seem not have the definitions down how can you argue out your case?

Lol. Pls read the Word of God in between lines.

closing remark: Its amazing how silly christians can be. they find convenient twists to everything which only they can see. they acknowledge the bible yet only pick and choose the new testament when it fits them.They call it the new days or watever. Very confused group of people. Now we should be reading in between the lines. next time we will read on top of it. confused as hell.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
kimco:

Took you long enough. Also, This makes no sense whatsoever. What's your point?
I happen to have a life.
And, go back and read what you responded to. I don't have time for rhetorics.

kimco:

This is true. But the focus was on the man hence my initial definition. The woman is always at fault irrespective.
To men, not to God.

kimco:

Wrong, he is only taking up a concubine which is allowed. She on the other hand is commiting fornication...Because the laws of Israel were not fair to women and children. they were as low as slaves if not lower
This is your postulation or it's according to Scriptures? So Jesus approved concubines for men and that is not a sin? I need a scripture here pls.

kimco:

There was only twice that Adultery was mentioned for men.
It should ve been mentioned how many times before it becomes a sin?
kimco:

Lusting after a married woman(because she is another's property, how sexist) and DIVORCING your wife when she hasn't commit fornication for another.
What the hell are you on abt here? A woman belongs to her husband and a man belongs tto his wife.

Divorce and fornication in one sentence? She can't be divorce except she marries first. And it's fornication if she's single. Get your mind here.
kimco:

this time the adultery charge affects the woman and her new man as well because again, she is still another's property. Pls know about the times you speak of...its not today's world, it was a heavily influenced MAN'S WORLD.
No, it wasn't, by God's standpoint which never changes. That humans decided to falsify Gods ideals didn't mean the Divine Design was altered.

No human was created to rule or subjugate another. If you understand LOVE, you'd understand it. The reason the Master came is to correct all that, and it began with the Stoning of the Adulterous woman.
Man being the Head of the woman is not for subjugation, but for hyrachy's sake.

If you argue, then you'd have to explain why the subjugation is only between a man and his wife, but not Christ to the man.

Christ is the head of the man, yet He does not control and subjugate the man, why then does the man subjugate the one put under him?

See a pattern? The devil in the details.

kimco:

Where is this in the bible? the bible was clear on this, A MAN is only cleared to divorce his wife if she commits fornication
Marriage can only be terminated on the condition that there was proven adultry by one partner.

What i say to One, I say to all Says Jesus. No exception.

quote author=kimco post=75790452]
A woman had no authority to even talk back at her husband let alone to question him on his infidelity, and even if he does, so what? he is allowed to. She had no authority to take Divorce him. No court would allow that. Hell, women were not allowed to testify in court cos they were seen as less intelligent creatures, how was she going to get a court of men to side with her when they didn't respect her? This is Israel[/quote]
According to man or God? Going through the Bible, i never read or perceive women considered less. Pls direct me there.

Maybe the Bible which Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, Esther, Bathsheba, Ruth, Deborah, and Mary Magdalene are in is a different one from yours.

All the great men of old were ruled a d influenced by women, yet women were inferior and considered less than human. By you i guess.

Do you know that women claim their Father's properties in Isreal?

kimco:

a patriarchal society. Before you think of the spiritual please acknowledge the physical. A woman in those times had no such power. and i heard no rebuttal from Jesus. in the harlot's case he simply implied forgiveness. he didn't condemn the status quo.
Who made the society patriarchal? God or Man? And, shouldn't it be 'Before you think of the physical, think of the spiritual? Which came first? Or, which emanated from which? You belong to this kworld, so will look only on the physical, i am spiritual, i look at the spiritual to understand the physical. (I didn't even go into what Adultery and fornication means spiritually).

The Last i checked, He created them male and female and said TO 'THEM', NOT TO HIM, 'Dominate and subdue the earth.

The Fall put the man over the woman but that was handled and restored by Jesus. He gave his life both for males and females. He gave His Holy Spirit, both to males and females and said to all of them, 'Go into the world and make dsiciples of men'.
'Occupy till i come'. When He will sit to judge us, He will nor demand the sins of women from men. Stupid.

Only Men out of their selfishness remain unrepentant to what Christ has restructured.

kimco:

closing remark: Its amazing how silly christians can be. they find convenient twists to everything which only they can see. they acknowledge the bible yet only pick and choose the new testament when it fits them.They call it the new days or watever.
Thanks for your kind words. But, you are an unbeliever, yet believe you can tell us how to live our lives. Who is more silly here? You have tried to twist the Word to make you feel justified in your sexual proclivity. It won't change the Word in the least.

And, if you are sincere with yourself, this your remark (which i find very laughable), does not include me. Becos, i didn't take sides with a particular section of the Word. I embrace all of it, because my Lord says i shd. So, you may want to redirect yojr remark to someone else.

I do not pick and choose, if i did, point me out and stop trying to muffle your voice at me.

kimco:

Very confused group of people
You really wish you have made sense here right? You can't even tell the difference between adultery and fornication, yet we are the confused ones? Hahahahahahaha.
For ya mind.
kimco:

Now we should be reading in between the lines. next time we will read on top of it. confused as hell.
Try to read first, before you can understand whar is 'inbetween the lines'.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
paxonel:
ok,
Read what Jesus christ himself says

Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication (except it be for her sleeping with her husbands son as described in 1cor5:1), and shall marry another, committeth adultery:

Now, take note of the embolded.
A married woman commit fornication.

Explain that grin
You well?

So if she sleep with another man who is not related to her or her husband she hasn't committed adultery?

What is this?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2019
Emmanystone:

You well?
my friend stop commiting fallacies here, focus on the issue first

So if she sleep with another man who is not related to her or her husband she hasn't committed adultery?
is this how to explain a simple scripture? What is fornication(not adultery) doing in that scripture involving married people, Explain ?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
paxonel:
my friend stop commiting fallacies here, focus on the issue first
is this how to explain a simple scripture? What is fornication(not adultery) doing in that scripture involving married people, Explain ?
You know what? Let's do this, lets see what other translation says about that verse maybe you'll be cleared.

New International Version
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Berean Study Bible
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, brings adultery upon her. And he who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Berean Literal Bible
But I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery. And whoever shall marry her who has been divorced commits adultery.

New American Standard Bible
but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Contemporary English Version
But I tell you not to divorce your wife unless she has committed some terrible sexual sin. If you divorce her, you will cause her to be unfaithful, just as any man who marries her is guilty of taking another man's wife.

Good News Translation
But now I tell you: if a man divorces his wife for any cause other than her unfaithfulness, then he is guilty of making her commit adultery if she marries again; and the man who marries her commits adultery also.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But I tell you, everyone who divorces his wife, except in a case of sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery. And whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

International Standard Version
But I say to you, any man who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Oga, a married woman does not commit fornication, she commits adultery.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Emmanystone:

You know what? Let's do this, lets see what other translation says about that verse maybe you'll be cleared.

New International Version
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
so what is the difference between sexual immorality used in this version with fornication used in king james?

But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.
unfaithful?
Contemporary English grin

Ok, check 1 corithnians 5:1,is the word unfaithful used in place of fornication in this version?

Contemporary English Version
But I tell you not to divorce your wife unless she has committed some terrible sexual sin. If you divorce her, you will cause her to be unfaithful, just as any man who marries her is guilty of taking another man's wife.
this version is saying terrible sexual sin.

What is the terrible sexual sin?
The translator didnt know.

Yet when you quote 1 corithians 5:1 of that CEV, terrible sexual sin was not used in place of fornication seen in king james version

1corithian 5:1(CEV)have heard terrible things about some of you. In fact, you are behaving worse than the Gentiles. A man is even sleeping with his own stepmother.

I think some of these translators are confused grin.

They have done good job by translating the old english order of king james to what modern day people can understand, at the same time they have uttered the intended picture and understanding of original writters such as king james.

Dont depend on their translations totally, that is all i will say grin
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 12:06am On Feb 17, 2019
Emmanystone:

I happen to have a life.
And, go back and read what you responded to. I don't have time for rhetorics.

you said you were busy for over a week. Dont pull de i have a life crap, you chose to debate.
And again your response to the initial post still doesnt make any sense. Jesus gave no law regarding whatever happened at the time. the men only followed the law of the land that had ruled them for ages. the same law he Jesus siad he had come to fufil not to change.

Emmanystone:

To men, not to God.

Emmanystone:

This is your postulation or it's according to Scriptures? So Jesus approved concubines for men and that is not a sin? I need a scripture here pls.

When one does not speak openly against a subject he is said to have no qualms with said subject. if he had any problem with it he would be vocal about it. that is common sense.. i do not require the holy spirit for this to make sense. And if you do, then you need the holy spirit for more than that.

Emmanystone:

It should ve been mentioned how many times before it becomes a sin?

Take your time and read. By that comment i meant the only time the sin was outlined was twice. when a man divorces and takes another without meeting the requirement and lusting after another's woman. that was all i was saying...simply stating the only tyms the sin of adultery could be commit.

Emmanystone:

What the hell are you on abt here? A woman belongs to her husband and a man belongs to his wife.

You must be on fantasy land sir, A woman belongs to a man, no man belongs to any woman. This is in the Jewish state. Usually found in patriarchial societies.

Emmanystone:

Divorce and fornication in one sentence? She can't be divorce except she marries first. And it's fornication if she's single. Get your mind here.

Good! this one shows the level of your thinking. I'm going to use your explanation of fornication once more for your sake. If a man marries his wife and realises that his wife is not a virgin then surely he must think, my wife has surely had sex before she married me. if that's the case he can divorce her. That's the requirement. Can you wrap her head around that? Now you get your mind here.

Emmanystone:

No, it wasn't, by God's standpoint which never changes. That humans decided to falsify Gods ideals didn't mean the Divine Design was altered.

And who are you to prophess for God? how is your point of view or those who share your ideals that which carries more weight? you can't even understand simply explanation snd you want me to listen to you? well.

Emmanystone:

No human was created to rule or subjugate another. If you understand LOVE, you'd understand it. The reason the Master came is to correct all that, and it began with the Stoning of the Adulterous woman.
Man being the Head of the woman is not for subjugation, but for hyrachy's sake.

No human was created to subjugate another? surely you have not read the bible. i think you are reading another bible. You call it stewardship, but the bible supports slavery, by not condemning it. God tells his people to conquer and take other people's lands. a woman is a support not an equal...A support is an assistant, they are not on the same level. Don't paint a diff picture. Hierarchy is another name for class, caste etc...this mean that on the pyramid the man is on top and the woman is beneath him. You are saying the same thing just using a different word.

Emmanystone:

If you argue, then you'd have to explain why the subjugation is only between a man and his wife, but not Christ to the man.

I don't need to because that's not the title of the thread. please read again the thread title and come back to argue.

Emmanystone:

Christ is the head of the man, yet He does not control and subjugate the man, why then does the man subjugate the one put under him?

See a pattern? The devil in the details.

Im not going to go through this with you cause it a difference of belief system. But i will put in this word

*You best believe me and accept me as your lord and saviour lest you burn in molten hot lava for eternity*

sure, no subjugation.

Emmanystone:

Marriage can only be terminated on the condition that there was proven adultry by one partner.
Wrong, it's fornication. There is a difference.

Emmanystone:

what i say to One, I say to all Says Jesus. No exception.

Again, out of context. Also what did he say pertaining the issue at hand?

Emmanystone:

Maybe the Bible which Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, Esther, Bathsheba, Ruth, Deborah, and Mary Magdalene are in is a different one from yours.

What did these women do? Besides out of all the great men mentioned you mention 8 or so? this is your case lol dont make me laugh. What exactly did these women do? abegiii find something else to say. These women do not negate the point that Israel was a man's world. probably still is.

Emmanystone:

All the great men of old were ruled a d influenced by women, yet women were inferior and considered less than human. By you i guess.
Ruled by women? maybe, in their chambers not in public. Hell will freeze over before a woman talks back at a man in public. Again women were 3rd class citizens in Israel. They were not considered as witnesses in a court because they were thought to be less intelligent. any influence any woman had on her husband was behind public eyes. simple as that.

Emmanystone:

Do you know that women claim their Father's properties in Isreal?

Yeah. If their father had no sons. (Number 27: cool again, beneath the man. 3rd class citizens..Man you seem to share a lot of misinformation. All these lies.

Emmanystone:

Who made the society patriarchal? God or Man? And, shouldn't it be 'Before you think of the physical, think of the spiritual? Which came first? Or, which emanated from which? You belong to this kworld, so will look only on the physical, i am spiritual, i look at the spiritual to understand the physical. (I didn't even go into what Adultery and fornication means spiritually).
God did when he created man and realised he was lonely before creating woman. with that in mind you know a man is in the image of God. No woman was allowed to hold the terbenacle, no woman was allowed to take up any leadership role in the house of God. so Yeah.
Emmanystone:

The Last i checked, He created them male and female and said TO 'THEM', NOT TO HIM, 'Dominate and subdue the earth.

Again that only proves that woman is above the animals but not equal to man .

Emmanystone:

The Fall put the man over the woman but that was handled and restored by Jesus. He gave his life both for males and females. He gave His Holy Spirit, both to males and females and said to all of them, 'Go into the world and make dsiciples of men'.
'Occupy till i come'. When He will sit to judge us, He will nor demand the sins of women from men. Stupid.
Why am i not surprise...sad state of event when you call me stupid to hide your stupidity. The woman was created as a support not an equal. hence the later creation. whatever gibberish u spewed up here is not worth talking about so i wont address it.

Emmanystone:
Only Men out of their selfishness remain unrepentant to what Christ has restructured.

Wow look at you...even in the new testament there were rules that still relagated women to 3rd class citizens eg, no woman taking leadership in a gathering.
You seem real confused.

Emmanystone:

Thanks for your kind words. But, you are an unbeliever, yet believe you can tell us how to live our lives. Who is more silly here? You have tried to twist the Word to make you feel justified in your sexual proclivity. It won't change the Word in the least.

No you tell me how to live my life and im only sharing my perception. that's all. believe what you would but if you attempt to wrongly educate i will put you right.
Emmanystone:

And, if you are sincere with yourself, this your remark (which i find very laughable), does not include me. Becos, i didn't take sides with a particular section of the Word. I embrace all of it, because my Lord says i shd. So, you may want to redirect yojr remark to someone else.

I do not pick and choose, if i did, point me out and stop trying to muffle your voice at me.

Is that why in one thread you have quoted out of context, exhibited your ignorance, ironically shown your stupidity, and picked and choose between your testaments calling the ones you dont agree with as the old ways? funny...you are a prime example.

Emmanystone:

Very confused group of people
You really wish you have made sense here right? You can't even tell the difference between adultery and fornication, yet we are the confused ones? Hahahahahahaha.
For ya mind.[/quoted]

Oh lord this is ironic, i see a pster trying to educate you but you have been acting like a redneck...you wouldnt listen. i understand, cognitive dissonance and sll.
[quote author=Emmanystone post=75794080]

Try to read first, before you can understand whar is 'inbetween the lines'.
I think you quoted the wrong person, you meant to quote Emmanystone. lol funny guy.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by JChnsc19: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Express your sexuality however you want. It’s no one’s business. 3.1 billion children die each year yet your god cares about masturbation? This is the height of absurdity. Religions are so destructive- go free yourself
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 9:41am On Feb 18, 2019
kimco:

you said you were busy for over a week. Dont pull de i have a life crap, you chose to debate.
And again your response to the initial post still doesnt make any sense. Jesus gave no law regarding whatever happened at the time. the men only followed the law of the land that had ruled them for ages. the same law he Jesus siad he had come to fufil not to change.
I choose to debate? Well, this makes sense. You want to win so you refuse to see sense in anything i say. Sorry, i don't do that. If that's why you are doing this, then i give up, you win.

When you stand before the Lord at death, arm your with enough points to win Him.

I'm ourahia.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2019
paxonel:

so what is the difference between sexual immorality used in this version with fornication used in king james?
unfaithful?
This will be the last i will respond to this, so whatever you believe is right, do. When you stand before your God this scripture shall come alive.
1 Corinthians 3:13-15
And the quality of each person's work will be seen when the Day of Christ exposes it.

For on that Day fire will reveal everyone's work; the fire will test it and show its real quality. If what was built on the foundation survives the fire, the builder will receive a reward.

But if your work is burnt up, then you will lose it; but you yourself will be saved, as if you had escaped through the fire.

That said. Fornication and adultery are sexual immortalities committed by different categories of people. One inside marriage, one outside. But since you believe you can have sex with a woman you are not married to and it's not fornication, then, by all means enjoy.

paxonel:

Ok, check 1 corithnians 5:1,is the word unfaithful used in place of fornication in this version?
this version is saying terrible sexual sin.
Believe it or not. If you are not married and you have sex, you have committed fornication. If you are married and have sex with someone outside of your marriage, you've committed adultery, no more, no less.
paxonel:

What is the terrible sexual sin?
The translator didnt know. Yet when you quote 1 corithians 5:1 of that CEV, terrible sexual sin was not used in place of fornication seen in king james version
No, you are the one who doesn't know, because you don't even accept the sin of fornication as sin.

Fornication or adultery is seen by the Lord as a terrible sin becos you sin double sins when you commit them. You sin against yourself and against God. Do you even understand what that means? Do you know what the DIVINE DESIGN is? And do you know how you violate it?

paxonel:

1corithian 5:1(CEV)have heard terrible things about some of you. In fact, you are behaving worse than the Gentiles. A man is even sleeping with his own stepmother.

I think some of these translators are confused grin.
Yes, some of the translations are confused becos you are right. Hahahahahahahaha. LWkm.

paxonel:

1hey have done good job by translating the old english order of king james to what modern day people can understand, at the same time they have uttered the intended picture and understanding of original writters such as king james.

Dont depend on their translations totally, that is all i will say grin
My dear, i am an evangelical, that means, i read KJV almost only. But recently, i discovered that if i read King James alone, i will not get a deeper understand of what the Holy Spirit is saying to me, so began checking other translations to see how the interprete a verse, and i saw that i misunderstood certain verses in King James. It was there all along, but, i saw it differently.

Let's take this commonly quoted verse for example.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew:11:12

What does this verse seems to be saying? Who are the violent meant here?

Can Jesus teach us to turn the other cheek, yet tell us to take things violently by force?

Are we misunderstanding that scripture?

Now, lets look at other translations maybe we can see.

Good News Translation Matthew 11:12 From the time John preached his message until this very day the Kingdom of heaven has suffered violent attacks, and violent men try to seize it.

Matthew 11:12 Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize

The readeres of King Janes alone have totally misunderstood this scripture and has taught error. Christians have believed that they are the violent in that scripture and instead of leaving vengeance to the Lord as He said, has taken to fight one anothere instead of loving each other.

Bros, until i read another version, i prayed violent prayers, i believed i was right because the Bible said so, but, the violent in that scripture refers to those who want to take down the pillars of the Church. They are the ones Jesus said, will not prevail against the Church.

The uninformed so-called deliverance ministers have used this scripture wrongly and turned peaceful Christians to hateful, bitter vengeful murderers in their intentions, as opposed to what Jesus taught, all becos a scripture was misunderstood.

READ OTHER TRANSLATIONS TOO.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
Emmanystone:

This will be the last i will respond to this, so whatever you believe is right, do. When you stand before your God this scripture shall come alive.
1 Corinthians 3:13-15
And the quality of each person's work will be seen when the Day of Christ exposes it.

For on that Day fire will reveal everyone's work; the fire will test it and show its real quality. If what was built on the foundation survives the fire, the builder will receive a reward.

But if your work is burnt up, then you will lose it; but you yourself will be saved, as if you had escaped through the fire.

That said. Fornication and adultery are sexual immortalities committed by different categories of people. One inside marriage, one outside. But since you believe you can have sex with a woman you are not married to and it's not fornication, then, by all means enjoy.

Believe it or not. If you are not married and you have sex, you have committed fornication. If you are married and have sex with someone outside of your marriage, you've committed adultery, no more, no less.

No, you are the one who doesn't know, because you don't even accept the sin of fornication as sin.

Fornication or adultery is seen by the Lord as a terrible sin becos you sin double sins when you commit them. You sin against yourself and against God. Do you even understand what that means? Do you know what the DIVINE DESIGN is? And do you know how you violate it?

Yes, some of the translations are confused becos you are right. Hahahahahahahaha. LWkm.

My dear, i am an evangelical, that means, i read KJV almost only. But recently, i discovered that if i read King James alone, i will not get a deeper understand of what the Holy Spirit is saying to me, so began checking other translations to see how the interprete a verse, and i saw that i misunderstood certain verses in King James. It was there all along, but, i saw it differently.

Let's take this commonly quoted verse for example.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew:11:12

What does this verse seems to be saying? Who are the violent meant here?

Can Jesus teach us to turn the other cheek, yet tell us to take things violently by force?

Are we misunderstanding that scripture?

Now, lets look at other translations maybe we can see.

Good News Translation Matthew 11:12 From the time John preached his message until this very day the Kingdom of heaven has suffered violent attacks, and violent men try to seize it.

Matthew 11:12 Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize

The readeres of King Janes alone have totally misunderstood this scripture and has taught error. Christians have believed that they are the violent in that scripture and instead of leaving vengeance to the Lord as He said, has taken to fight one anothere instead of loving each other.

Bros, until i read another version, i prayed violent prayers, i believed i was right because the Bible said so, but, the violent in that scripture refers to those who want to take down the pillars of the Church. They are the ones Jesus said, will not prevail against the Church.

The uninformed so-called deliverance ministers have used this scripture wrongly and turned peaceful Christians to hateful, bitter vengeful murderers in their intentions, as opposed to what Jesus taught, all becos a scripture was misunderstood.

READ OTHER TRANSLATIONS TOO.

inspite your various translations, you still do not understand who Jesus meant by the violent in his statement the violent taketh it by force, you are far away and totally lost.
But me that studied the king james properly, i have a clear understanding of what that thing is.

You will agree with me that English changes with time.
The English that was used in the time of king james are not the same english we use today.

King james translated scriptures to the english of his time directly from the hebrew scripts, you cant compare that to what comtemporary english translators did, infact some of them did their translations directly from king james, but they uttered a lot of things because they could not understand the old english usage.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
paxonel:
inspite your various translations, you still do not understand who Jesus meant by the violent in his statement the violent taketh it by force, you are far away and totally lost.
But me that studied the king james properly, i have a clear understanding of what that thing is.

You will agree with me that English changes with time.
The English that was used in the time of king james are not the same english we use today.

King james translated scriptures to the english of his time directly from the hebrew scripts, you cant compare that to what comtemporary english translators did, infact some of them did their translations directly from king james, but they uttered a lot of things because they could not understand the old english usage.

I was hoping you'd say who The Lord meant by 'The Violent' in that verse.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
Emmanystone:

I was hoping you'd say who The Lord meant by 'The Violent' in that verse.
the violent he was referring to, were his followers at that time before he was crucified(his disciples). Not those who want to take down the pillars of the church as you presumed.

Whoever want to take down the pillars of the church is not fit for the kingdom of God, talkess of taking the kingdom of God by force.

To take the kingdom by force implies to enter the kingdom of God by all means .

And those who think the scripture refers to christians praying fire prayer to fight and kill their enemies they are all confused as you rightly noticed, please dont follow them

For you to understand that scripture, before Jesus was crucified he had even more than 5000 disciples or followers who violently followed him and ate five loaves of bread and two fishes at a time in the wilderness, these disciples or followers of christ did this in a bid to enter the kingdom of God at jerusalem.(they thought that the kingdom of God will come down physically at jerusalem were jesus was to be crucified. Luke19-11)

This happened in the days of John the baptist before and after john the baptist was killed(before christ was crucified) according to that matthew 11:12 you quoted.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 12:49am On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
the violent he was referring to, were his followers at that time before he was crucified(his disciples). Not those who want to take down the pillars of the church as you presumed.

Whoever want to take down the pillars of the church is not fit for the kingdom of God, talkess of taking the kingdom of God by force.

To take the kingdom by force implies to enter the kingdom of God by all means .

And those who think the scripture refers to christians praying fire prayer to fight and kill their enemies they are all confused as you rightly noticed, please dont follow them

For you to understand that scripture, before Jesus was crucified he had even more than 5000 disciples or followers who violently followed him and ate five loaves of bread and two fishes at a time in the wilderness, these disciples or followers of christ did this in a bid to enter the kingdom of God at jerusalem.(they thought that the kingdom of God will come down physically at jerusalem were jesus was to be crucified. Luke19-11)

This happened in the days of John the baptist before and after john the baptist was killed(before christ was crucified) according to that matthew 11:12 you quoted.
You care to tell me why there are gates in Heaven? Or you haven't heard that there are huge and tall gates in Heaven?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
Emmanystone:

You care to tell me why there are gates in Heaven? Or you haven't heard that there are huge and tall gates in Heaven?
ofcourse yes, there are gates in heaven. Gates were meant to restrict intruders access to heaven

1 Like

Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
ofcourse yes, there are gates in heaven. Gates were meant to restrict intruders access to heaven
Who are the intruders?
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2019
Emmanystone:

Who are the intruders?
unbelievers, like pharisees of those days which were elders in judaism.
Also muslims, hinduists, atheists etc
In general, everyone practicing religions other than christianity.

Jesus says i am the way, that means abraham is not the way,
Muhammed is not the way.
Abraham founded judaism, muhammed founded islam. They are all intruders

Jesus described abraham as thief.
Thieves are truly intruders
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
[url][/url]
paxonel:
unbelievers, like pharisees of those days which were elders in judaism.
Also muslims, hinduists, atheists etc
In general, everyone practicing religions other than christianity.

Jesus says i am the way, that means abraham is not the way,
Muhammed is not the way.
Abraham founded judaism, muhammed founded islam. They are all intruders

Jesus described abraham as thief.
Thieves are truly intruders
Oh my God this guy. Do you need take some meds? Why do you sound like this?

I give up.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2019
Emmanystone:
[url][/url]
Oh my God this guy. Do you need take some meds? Why do you sound like this?

I give up.
truth is bitter abi? grin

Go and read this scripture again

John 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them
10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robberssadall the prophets including abraham, elijah, isaiah, jonah, etc) but the sheep did not hear them.

So abraham is a thief, even with that the jews did not obey abraham.

When jesus was saying abraham is a thief, it does not mean abraham stole or abraham was bad. He meant, abraham is not the owner of this world. That he owns this world. John 1:1
(You might be thinking, what does this world has to do with Gods kingdom?)

Infact, there was a statement he says before abraham, he(christ) existed .

So, understand what i am driving at.

But we dont get salvation through abraham, we got it through christ. So anyone going to God through abraham(people practicing judaism) are intruders
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by Emmanystone: 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
paxonel:
truth is bitter abi? grin

Go and read this scripture again

John 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them
10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robberssadall the prophets including abraham, elijah, isaiah, jonah, etc) but the sheep did not hear them.

So abraham is a thief, even with that the jews did not obey abraham.

When jesus was saying abraham is a thief, it does not mean abraham stole or abraham was bad. He meant, abraham is not the owner of this world. That he owns this world. John 1:1
(You might be thinking, what does this world has to do with Gods kingdom?)

Infact, there was a statement he says before abraham, he(christ) existed .

So, understand what i am driving at.

But we dont get salvation through abraham, we got it through christ. So anyone going to God through abraham(people practicing judaism) are intruders
Evaluate your state of mind.

Ignored henceforth.
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by paxonel(m): 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Emmanystone:

Evaluate your state of mind.

Ignored henceforth.
evalute your state of mind.
I am very good at noting monikers, dont quote me again , i will simply ignore you
Re: Pre Marital Sex Or Masturbation? by kimco(m): 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
Emmanystone:

I choose to debate? Well, this makes sense. You want to win so you refuse to see sense in anything i say. Sorry, i don't do that. If that's why you are doing this, then i give up, you win.

When you stand before the Lord at death, arm your with enough points to win Him.

I'm ourahia.

What the hell,what did you think you were doing? preaching? Get serious deflector. u obviously are out of your depth. I will continue to put guys like you right anywhere i see the lot of you. later deflector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Never Trust Yourself. Trust In Christ - Olamide Obire / Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? / Scam Ministers And Fake Tv Preachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.