Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

I Am Older Than Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Older Than Him (13493 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Why You Look Older Than Your Real Age – A Must Read / Top 8 Nigerian Celebrities Who Look Way Older Than Their Age / Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Older Than Him by bollyfolly: 8:31am On Aug 20, 2010
Hi everyone, Please i need your suggestion and advises,
I am a lady of 38 yrs but single, I once had a relationship but broke up after several years.
Just recently i met a young charming guy that we both attracted to each other, we got along but unfortunately we got to know that i am 5 years older than him.
It has been bothering me because we both love ourselves, but each time we discuss it, he always assure me there is no problem that age is just a number.
Our introduction will be done by December but i am afraid, Should i go ahead with him

Please feel free to advise,
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Tinksh(f): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2010
Your introduction will be done by december?? Age IS just a number as long as you dont have a problem with it. Five years is nothing!
Re: I Am Older Than Him by 1105(f): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2010
bollyfolly:

[size=15pt]I am a lady of 38 yrs but single[/size],  I once had a relationship but broke up after several years.
Just recently i met a young charming guy that we both attracted to each other, we got along but unfortunately we got to know that i am 5 years older than him.
It has been bothering me because we both love ourselves, but each time we discuss it, he always assure me there is no problem that age is just a number.
Our introduction will be done by December but i am afraid, Should i go ahead with him

shocked shocked shocked shocked O-tu-ru-ma-je
Re: I Am Older Than Him by phemmy88(m): 8:39am On Aug 20, 2010
Age is no big deal!
Don't you love him?
@ least he's the one assuring you that you've gat nothing to worry about!
Abeg tie the knut, time is going!
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 20, 2010
If u r comforable around him and you dont see him as 33yrs old, u can go ahead.
Do u see him as a matured guy i mean not having any trait of babyish attitude who will not use this against u later or someone that will tell his friends abt this and do usee urself as a submissive woman who will not challenge him later that u r older than him whenever u have any misunderstanding?
Make sure u weigh these very well.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by philip0906(m): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2010
~When they were young,they were looking 4 men with jeeps and houses in banana island,now they r old,they now want it anyhow~
@op
Nothing bad in dat,just make sure u respect him, dats all
Re: I Am Older Than Him by 1105(f): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2010
phemmy88:

Age is no big deal!
Don't you love him?
@ least he's the one assuring you that you've gat nothing to worry about!
Abeg tie the knut, time is going!

If age is not big deal
then how come u advising her to rush and time is going
Please age is more than a # and very important ,abeg~
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Blueice4re(f): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2010
Well you really have to think about it cos if his family gets to know your age diff, it will not go well. but let him prove that it is'nt a problem, and you also have to prove that you will respect him, best of luck.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by phemmy88(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2010
@19O
Age is no big deal when the age difference is just a digit numbr, but it's a big deal when it's 10 n above!
Re: I Am Older Than Him by VALIDATOR: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2010
bollyfolly:

I am a lady of 38 yrs but single, I once had a relationship but broke up after several years.

@poster,
you are just one insatiable bbitch. No wonder you are 38 and single. Now a dude wants to "pity" your old cobweb infested ppussy and you still come here on NL to say you are considering quitting the relationship?Whether the guy is doing it to just make some bucks from you or any other reason,why not just go ahead or don't you need "it" right now.But as insatiable as you are,you may still throw this opportunity away.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Ofemmanu: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2010
philip0906:

~When they were young,they were looking 4 men with jeeps and houses in banana island,now they r old,they now want it anyhow~
@op
Nothing bad in dat,just make sure u respect him, dats all

VALIDATOR:

@poster,
you are just one insatiable bbitch. No wonder you are 38 and single. Now a dude wants to "pity" your old cobweb infested ppussy and you still come here on NL to say you are considering quitting the relationship?Whether the guy is doing it to just make some bucks from you or any other reason,why not just go ahead or don't you need "it" right now.But as insatiable as you are,you may still throw this opportunity away.

These are pretty caustic replies . . . . . Bros, make una chill!!!
Re: I Am Older Than Him by MOBO444(f): 9:56am On Aug 20, 2010
5 years older, you joke of a lady aftre wasting your life, you now need young blood.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by SAGoddess: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2010
Is there a need for insults?
Re: I Am Older Than Him by MrCork1: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha, MOBO444, MY HERO!!! he speaks the truth once again grin grin grin grin grin grin

But jokes apart, 38yrs is just tooo old, 4real, already clockin pension age (no offence) . Its all about fresh chicks, sweet 16 upwards (truss me)

Most of theise women, they play had to get wheeen they waz pretty and then when they said growin old, they settle for anything (no offence)

Re: I Am Older Than Him by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2010
why are lots of pips on this forum so insultive.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by SAGoddess: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2010
andromida:

why are lots of pips on this forum so insultive.

My guess is they can't reason intelligently so they insult. . . . . .
Re: I Am Older Than Him by MrCork1: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2010
we are not in salting anyone. we just statin the fact: women over 30 are too old (BBC research: 1978)

we wuld nevar insult our black sisters coz we love u. Those over 38yrs, eg, SA Goddess might be offendence but we apologize.

Ladies by the way, I have moiney
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Omolola1(f): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2010
rotflmao
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2010
ladies over 30 are too old for marriage,for love,having kids,looking attractive,being alive or too old for you ?
Re: I Am Older Than Him by SAGoddess: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2010
andromida:

ladies over 30 are too old for marriage,for love,having kids,looking attractive,being alive or too old for you ?

Don't mind him/them, most people here seem to be programmed to think in a certain way and they "refuse" to think for themselves because someone else has already decided for them, buffling indeed!
Re: I Am Older Than Him by philip0906(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2010
Mr Cork:

ha ha ha ha ha, MOBO444, MY HERO!!! he speaks the truth once again grin grin grin grin grin grin

But jokes apart, 38yrs is just tooo old, 4real, already clockin pension age (no offence) . Its all about fresh chicks, sweet 16 upwards (truss me)

Most of theise women, they play had to get wheeen they waz pretty and then when they said growin old, they settle for anything (no offence)

classic grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Older Than Him by CrazyMan(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
This is a very serious case.

You have to be sure that the guy in question really loves you and isn’t just interested in your forbidden fruit. Come to think of it; you’re 38 and he’s 33; even if he truly loves you as he claims, are you willing to make that sacrifice considering the age gap?

I can’t decide for you, but I pray that whatever decision you make won’t end up in a tragedy. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Am Older Than Him by afrobaby(f): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
I wonder why some idiots can't read a post and ignore it when they do not have any meaningful comment to make, is it compulsory u write, if u are annoyed because a 33year old guy still finds her attractive at 38, then , u can go and jump into the ocean, and let's see the remaining sensible people on nairaland. Many of the guys that come here to make useless and meaningless comments on nairaland, many of them, I repeat , many of them, are either jobless, involved in yahoo yahoo, or even have their sisters who are 42 and yet not married, yet, stupidly they come to nairaland, and write as if they have the best life,
My advise to the stupid ones is to get a real life , and know it is better to keep quite than to say meaningless things.

@bollyfolly, my candid advice is this, search deep inside yourself, do u really love this man, and can you love him and respect him, despite the age difference, many ladies that are married to older men find it a little difficult to respect their husbands because they believe they are already one, so ask urself and be sincere, are u sure it wont affect some decisions,  and be sure the maan in question can actually live with that, make sure you have a solid discussion on that.

To add to this, Mariah Carey says that the 11-year age gap between herself and new husband Nick Cannon isnt a big deal.
I also know of a close aunty who is older than her husband and you can never know, so what's the problem, its a personal thing, nobody can make that single decision for you, the decision is SOLELY YOURS, PRAY AND ASK FOR GOD'S GUIDANCE

Wish you luck
Re: I Am Older Than Him by JesusloveU: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2010
Poster,i will ask you a question.Would you be submissive to the guy being that you are older than him?.I wonder what you were doing untill you get to 38 years old.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by agitator: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
JesusloveU:

I wonder what you were doing untill you get to 38 years old.

building her career, traveling, discovering herself and the world.  grin grin grin
Re: I Am Older Than Him by Nayah(f): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2010
hi sister, age is a number but love is a feeling if this is the man you've always dream of, and if he feels the same then no problem, I don't really understand why some people are shocked when it comes to age of women single. Times have changed, and honestly my dear when you'll be 90 and him 85 do you think people will make a difference? take it easy, if it's the right one go for it!
Re: I Am Older Than Him by agitator: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ Mr Cork

SA Goddess is the perfect women's for you. Goddess don't old cool
Re: I Am Older Than Him by bollyfolly: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
Whole House, Thanks so much,

I so much appreciate all your candid advises, suggestion and insults,
@Afrobaby & Others: thanks so much for the advises.

@ Phillip0906 & Validator: Thanks also for all the insults, I think this forum is for well behaved matured people and not for unreasonable pple like you.

Its so sad that pple like you are in this forum, I think you should keep mute when you have nothing reasonable to contribute, You need to wise up and learn how to relate with people in a decent manner, I dont blame you guys, you such an unserious element.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by VALIDATOR: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
Believe me.I meet people like this once in a while and they all have the same characteristic.
1 A strong competitive nature.This chases men away.They like you as a professional but NEVER as a wife
2 Religion.Yeah, your sweet talking pastor keeps telling you to wait for God's time yet he marries a young,sweet babe.use ur brain sister.Ever wonder why the brothers in ur church are not looking ur way?

Not knowing the value what you have (age and beauty) until you loose it is characteristic of people who are 38 and still single. Now she has a rare opportunity once more and she wants to yakubu it.

All those of you offering your pity are not helping her at all.Be hard on her and let her know how stupid it is to still imagine that yakubuing is an option.
Re: I Am Older Than Him by philip0906(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
bollyfolly:

@ Phillip0906 & Validator: Thanks also for all the insults, I think this forum is for well behaved matured people and not for unreasonable pple like you.

Its so sad that pple like you are in this forum, I think you should keep mute when you have nothing reasonable to contribute, You need to wise up and learn how to relate with people in a decent manner, I dont blame you guys, you such an unserious element.
where did I insult u?abi ur eyes r now dim? undecided
Re: I Am Older Than Him by SAGoddess: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks agitator but I am too old for Cork I am afraid. . . . . . .I am not 16 so I am disqualified by default grin
Re: I Am Older Than Him by VALIDATOR: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
bollyfolly:

You have just confirmed why you are  38 and still single.Escaping from reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Sexy Marstubated Mum Forced Her Self On Me An Lick My Dick Again (+18) / After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality / Mixed Messages In Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.