Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee (33129 Views)

Reasons Women Get Attached To A Man After Sex / Help: I Am Getting Emotionally Attached To A Married Woman. / I Like Her So Much But She Is Not Emotionally Ready. Help Me Out Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Codyt(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2019
ariketalks:
1 Why did you ask her out when you knew you felt no love for her?
2. Why did you go as far as proposing to her when you knew there was no love?
$10 million questions for the Op
I'm gobsmacked! angry

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Poanan: 12:24am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Nairalanders please help a brother to avoid future regret..

I met my current girlfriend in one of the states in the western part of Nigeria during NYSC and we were very close though we had nothing intimate between us.
After youth service we kept in touch and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, after I discovered that she was a rare breed.

She is every man's dream woman as she is supportive, understanding, loving, has foresight and very industrous and investment crazy.

The problem is that I am not emotionally attached to her. I don't want to marry her out of pity and have reasons to still being running after ladies outside,an act which will definitely bring regret and maybe shatter my dream of a blissful home.

I was thinking maybe, just maybe if we tie the knot I may come to love and b emotionally attached to her.

Please friends in the house I am in a dilemma...

Don't not listen to bad pieces of advice. I was told that whenever a man wants to marry, confusion sets in.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by ss1930(m): 12:26am On Feb 14, 2019
Bro you are selfish. Face reality and let her go. The truth remains that you are likely to cheat after marriage or live in pretense althrough your life.

Don't make her suffer what she has no clue of.

XaintJoel20:

I would have done that long before now, but I still think she is too good to let go just like that.

I think I should tell you some few things you should know about her:
After our service year I was struggling to get a job and she advice I set up a business and helped with about 50% of the capital with which I started my current business.

When we started, she bought a large plot of land in my state and just recently developing the plot for agricultural use.

On all the occasion she has visited me in my state, she has done so with her money and also getting plenty of goodies for me and my family.

Just recently, she bought into my lifelong plan of travelling out of the country. She has put visible plan on ground for us to leave the country soon after our wedding.

The truth, is that when I think of her inbuilt qualities, I am force to believe I will be on the losing side if she fails into the hands of someone else.
That's why I said I am in a dilemma.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by enemachris(m): 12:36am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I would have done that long before now, but I still think she is too good to let go just like that.

After our service year I was struggling to get a job and she advice I set up a business and helped with about 50% of the capital with which I started my current business.

When we started, she bought a large plot of land in my state and just recently developing the plot for agricultural use.

On all the occasion she has visited me in my state, she has done so with her money and also getting plenty of goodies for me and my family.

Just recently, she bought into my lifelong plan of travelling out of the country. She has put visible plan on ground for us to leave the country soon after our wedding.

The truth, is that when I think of her inbuilt qualities, I am force to believe I will be on the losing side if she fails into the hands of someone else.
You are a confused person my guy. Free her, u a here saying another thing. What do u want us to tell u now? i pity those wasting their precious tim to advise u. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by obinoral1179(m): 12:36am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

one girl somewhere is giving you steady sex and you are carried away by that..... You see free. Assets you dey find face me I slap you.... Go on

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by uuzba(m): 12:38am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

She doesn't have any of those "deformities" you listed up there.
She is better educated than myself as she has done her Msc while I am yet to further after by Bsc program.

I think it's a thing of the heart. Even when I try to fake it to make her happy, I know deep down that it's not real...
This girl is sounding more prepared and focused than you. I think that is your problem. She's a nice girl, but she's more prepared and advanced than you.
Better leave her and find the person that you are ahead of. Somebody that can learn from you, that sees you as their goal, dream leader etc.
You and this girl will oneday be fighting to wear the same trouser.
Waka comot now.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by The18th: 12:38am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Just tell your self the truth. The lady in question is not fine and she's not your type of class.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by uuzba(m): 12:41am On Feb 14, 2019
enemachris:
You are a confused person my guy. Free her, u a here saying another thing. What do u want us to tell u now? i pity those wasting their precious tim to advise u. undecided
The guy sef dey vex me. And that's how his mind will be left and right without focus until the girl will notice it and vex for him.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by babeosisi: 12:41am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I met my current girlfriend in one of the states in the western part of Nigeria during NYSC and we were very close though we had nothing intimate between us.
After youth service we kept in touch and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, after I discovered that she was a rare breed.

She is every man's dream woman as she is supportive, understanding, loving, has foresight and very industrous and investment crazy.

The problem is that I am not emotionally attached to her. I don't want to marry her out of pity and have reasons to still being running after ladies outside,an act which will definitely bring regret and maybe shatter my dream of a blissful home.

I was thinking maybe, just maybe if we tie the knot I may come to love and b emotionally attached to her.

Poor girl
I pray she feels the same about u

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by uuzba(m): 12:43am On Feb 14, 2019
Poanan:

Don't not listen to bad pieces of advice. I was told that whenever a man wants to marry, confusion sets in.
You was told?
I wasn?t cinfused before marrying. I knew exactly every damn thing I wanted.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by paddyofboss(m): 12:43am On Feb 14, 2019
OP let's play a game. Introduce her to me,.. I will make her fall in love with me so that she comes back and tell u that she ain't feeling u anymore. That way the burden would be off ur shoulders and u can now go and fuc* your dream gal..
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Sectis(m): 12:46am On Feb 14, 2019
Op, I plead with you, give her to me, she will get the full love she deserves. I can love so well that she'll think she is another planet. If there are girls reading this and you possess what the Op discribe pls DM me. Thanks.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by nonix22(m): 12:47am On Feb 14, 2019
Guy, u never ready to marry at all. When you ready eh, even the one you ain't emotionally attached to- you go force ur emotions to her. Stay there and be talking trash, leaving room for your village people to be playing suwe with your destiny. And tell that ashawo that is deceiving you with different styles that you no do again. NA me talk talk am

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by uuzba(m): 12:48am On Feb 14, 2019
EmekaBlue:
shocked heaven is by force,even if its through back gate/fence
Better go prepared. Not like the man who refused to put on the wedding garment and entered heaven. The King came, saw him, asked him how he entered without the garment... Man couldn't answer. King told the guards to throw the man outside for weeping and gnashing of his teeth.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Seunannointing: 12:52am On Feb 14, 2019
I think I understand you. But I want to call your attention to the difference between marriage and friendship. True friendship is based on 100% love which could involve emotional attachment to either gender and that's why you may see people with one disability or the other with friends they move about but when it comes to marriage, love or feelings or emotional attachment is not the only thing to consider. You need to consider your compatibility, you need to consider if you two complements each other, you need to consider maturity, you need to consider your partner's background or family, you need to even consider her past life, you need to consider if you could trust your life with her, a whole lot of things to consider when it comes to marriage. Base on the considerations, then you make your decision if its worth going into the marriage. Marriage must be considered or viewed from various angles and then prayed upon successfully. You don't need to consider all these when it comes to friendship because it is driven by feelings or emotion but in marriage, feelings and emotion do not take the major role to sustain it. I can assure you out of understanding that even to whoever you may be attracted to emotionally, if in marriage, your emotional attachment will cease or end, and some thing else will be what will keep the marriage running based on the advantages or disadvantages involved. I think you should be able to make your decision with this

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by SmartMindsFx: 12:54am On Feb 14, 2019
Bros the simple truth is that you are very selfish

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by stanliwise(m): 12:55am On Feb 14, 2019
ariketalks:
1 Why did you ask her out when you knew you felt no love for her?
2. Why did you go as far as proposing to her when you knew there was no love?
What will he do now is the problem.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by oliidell(m): 1:00am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

So you are not into her but you want to stick around long enough to benefit from her industry. That's very selfish. I so wish she is reading this.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by stanliwise(m): 1:01am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

She doesn't have any of those "deformities" you listed up there.
She is better educated than myself as she has done her Msc while I am yet to further after by Bsc program.

I think it's a thing of the heart. Even when I try to fake it to make her happy, I know deep down that it's not real...
you're selfish, simple. Ask me why?
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by chinchum(m): 1:04am On Feb 14, 2019
I suspect there are some underlying factors as to you not emotionally attached. You have to be sincere with yourself and dig the true reason out

1. Is she not physically beautiful as you will want your wife to appear.... physical beauty includes attributes like facial appearance, height, weight, e.t.c?
2. Is she domineering in a way, and it bruises your male ego? she sounds like a bold and daring woman from your narration.

3. All human beings tend to have a complex if they don't try to isolate and kill it. Do you think you feel inferiority complex to her?

4. Do you have concerns with her family upbringing or nature of her family members?

5. Do you think you are not compatible religious wise?

Answer those questions in your closet sincerely.......

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by stanliwise(m): 1:04am On Feb 14, 2019
nonix22:
Guy, u never ready to marry at all. When you ready eh, even the one you ain't emotionally attached to- you go force ur emotions to her. Stay there and be talking trash, leaving room for your village people to be playing suwe with your destiny. And tell that ashawo that is deceiving you with different styles that you no do again. NA me talk talk am
ole, na free girlfriend you dey find. No go woo ur own.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:05am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Where is she getting the money from ? You sound like a Yoruba boy ? Are you ?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Checked86: 1:07am On Feb 14, 2019
Things that take love away
1) Discussing your relationship with your friends.

2) comparing your girl with others.

3) When you and your girl hardly have time for naughty talks and childish moments.

4) Listening to your friends or relations whenever they criticize your girlfriend.

Op, Marriage involves many things, and the least of all is being of age. You have to be ready emotionally or be able to differentiate between love and lust. When your girlfriend is one of the type of girls that says marriage before sex, you will find it hard to know if you really love the girl or just sticking around because there is a bait(wen i marry dis girl i go finally fnck her). You must as well be ready financially (arguably, though). It is time you think about yourself like your bestfriend and give that awesome advices to yourself and ask yourself questions that will not just for asking sake. You need to answer yourself just as you would expect from your bestfriend.

Remove pity because you are not helping the girl by marrying her. Marriage is about what is good for you because your partner would never have chosen you if you were not her best decision. So, make your best decision for yourself. May be letting her go will be the best decision for both of you. The first three weeks may be hard for both of you, but i telll you, you will be just fine.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by naijjaman(m): 1:09am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

She may well be the woman God want you to have. The decision is yours to make but please don't marry her out of pity.
You may part ways with her and see her make another man happy tomorrow. Overall, it's good that you are sincere about your feelings.
Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by nonix22(m): 1:11am On Feb 14, 2019
stanliwise:
ole, na free girlfriend you dey find. No go woo ur own.
Wetin this one dey talk Mid week like this u dey take wetin dey Scatter your senses, hope say u go fit wake up on time follow ur mates go hustle- that if you got one
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Nigerfine2: 1:12am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Guy do that girl a favor by leaving her. You do not know her real worth,you will abuse her ever and over

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Slazim: 1:12am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Bro I know that feeling but I must tell you, you are not being sincere to yourself. I know some folks would ask "who love epp", love alone sef is not enough to keep a marriage, it's good to have someone very supportive and financially independent but think of what would happen when you eventually find someone you are emotionally attached to and your woman finds out.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by stanliwise(m): 1:16am On Feb 14, 2019
nonix22:

Wetin this one dey talk Mid week like this u dey take wetin dey Scatter your senses, hope say u go fit wake up on time follow ur mates go hustle- that if you got one
why the incoherent response?
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:24am On Feb 14, 2019
meobizy:
All these types of stories dey tire person.
Abeg moderators, post something about Toke in skimpy clothing.

This cracked me up! grin grin
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

CONFUSED.COM.

You want to leave a supportive, hardworking, investment crazy, every means dream ?

SMHH. People like you finally end up with a financial sucker/ slay queen.

I pray God deliver her from a man like you - who prefer trash over treasure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Love Story In 22 Pictures / Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / 11 Signs You Are Being In A Manipulative Relationship And How To Fix It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.