Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,265 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! (9321 Views)

REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / President Yar'adua Is Dull? / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by aloib(f): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2007
Na wah o i thnk sey na0atiku go win god bles naija
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by sweetchick(f): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2007
My only comment - Nigeria can do much worse than Yar' adua
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by beeola5(f): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2007
KAY TOBEI:

The greatest and most stinking legacy Obasanjo is leaving behind is the 2007 elections. A total manifestno doubt, but how can peity dwell among ugly-looking vultures and hyenas, I wonder! Albright of the National Democratic Institute declared the elections as the worst in the world, a world which includes the Democratic Republic of Congo where elections were held relatively fair even at the point of a rebel's gun. Ondo was a robbery, Edo was a disaster, Ekiti an eyesore, infact the whole country boiled silently as oppression and intimidation danced on our national stage. Obasanjo claims not to be corrupt, but he has just proved that an incorruptible man can rig elections, intimidate the electorate, impose a puppet on the country, dine with Adedibu, clink glasses with a rogue known as Anenih, and smile in fulfillment of a personal agenda achieved in a chaotic environment. Wole Soyinka once said that The man dies in every man who keeps quiet in the face of tyranny. I think this quote needs to be narrowed to a particular animal called man - Obasanjo. The man in him is dead, so is his rest. I hail this forum. It's my first time, I hope my contribution is,

your contribution is fantastic.you're welcome
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by omaa: 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2007
well i rili dont av much to say cos i didnt vote.y shuld i wen the president has alreddy been chosen b4 the elections.God bless Nigeria
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by dremoney(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2007
omaa:

well i rili don't av much to say because i didnt vote.y shuld i when the president has alreddy been chosen before the elections.God bless Nigeria

same here bro.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Ifeniyi22(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2007
its so unfortunate but I guess deep down inside us, we just wanted to believe differently.there was never going to b any other winner.Too sad, too bad but then thats the way the cookie crumbles.hope the courts would be able to do something, anything.said enuf already
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by TEEZERO(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2007
Please check out "The Yar'Adua We Didn't Know" in General Discussion
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by hotangel2(f): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2007
I tot elections weren't until May??

What the hell?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Christino(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2007
I said my congrats to him last december and i'm not repeating it. cheesy

I say a BIG SORRY to those who wasted their valuable time voting (esp. for someone else)

Next time, vote for the obvious not for the best man grin

I'm glad i didn't even register in the first place, but i'm a veery good citizen. kiss
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by CrudeOil1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2007
The process that made Yar'adua the president was 100% fraudulent.The election can be free and fair,but the results are not transparent and credible.There were no elections in the south east and the total amount of credible voters that voted on saturday in the north are not up to 28 million.so were did the 28 million votes come from?
Nigerians should reject it.The polls were just a means to insult politicians.They embarrased Orji Uzor Kalu,Okotie,Utomi,by allocating little votes to them.The results should be rejected.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by adconline(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2007
Nigeria  - BBC- Big Blind Country- Ebami Eda.
  I did  not think that Yar''dua and Andy Ubah would not be president select and governor select respectively because INEC spent of its time pursuing court battles against Ngige and Atiku .  What happpened to 4 billion Naira awarded to RELTEL to digitally transmit  results? Another farce. Mr Iwu is a paid agent of OBJ. I blame National Assembly for some of these problems. They confirmed Iwu's appointment. They enacted the electoral laws  that INEC hinged on to almost deny opposition the chance to contest. They enacted the laws that will establish election tribunal without any time frame.  A tribunal can sit for 3 year before  giving out a verdict. Why cant election tribunals complete sitting before handing over- the same way it was done in Mexico.

Finally, why dont we set a national election day so that every legal tussle has to be won 3 months before election.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2007
@adconline,

It looks like you want a

- new president (not Yar Adua)
- new INEC
- new INEC chairman
- new National Assembly

Come to think of it, it looks like you need a brand new country!

Unfortunately, this is all we have got for now. A people they
say sometimes deserve the leaders they get. Lets hope the
new lawmakers will find their right senses to introduce some
needed changes into the whole process.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by chidexy(m): 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2007
Of course the politicians know that Nigerians will accept (over time) whatever is throw at them, just so that we move on. We need to stand up and ask our leaders to give account. If we keep harping on "he was the most credible candidate among the northern candidates" we'll never progress.

If he was the best (he has credibility, though), why did they have to hang a burden of credibility of electoral malpractice on his shoulders? Why not conduct a transparent electoral process and let him win? Why must they drag the name of the country in the mud? It goes to show that the Federal Govt and PDP were really afraid of the other candidates and nurse some fears that if given a level playing field, there is the chance of someone springing a surprise on their candidate. Yar'adua need to clear so many things about the legitimacy of his mandate before he can be taken seriously within and without Nigeria, whether or not he's an angel. The (fair) electoral process is what gives an elected officer the power to act. Whatever decision he takes, he's supposed to take on behlaf of the people but when he's not legitimately elected, all his acts would be illegal. This is not a case of "the end justifying the means".

What we do not realise is the fact that the courts may still nullify the election(s) and call for a fresh election and by then, Obasanjo and most governors would have been out of power and may not be there to deliver the polluted mandate to him.

Besides, the earlier we start setting things aright in our country the better and easier it will get for us.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by debosky(m): 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2007
the courts will not nullify the elections, (at least the presidential one), evidence of malpractice shall be seen, but in the end it will be declared that the offenses do not materially change the result of the polls.

the desperation of the PDP to hold power is however sad, very unbecoming of the 'largest political party in Africa'

the electoral process is 'supposed' to grant the elected officer power to act, but once he is legally sworn in and the elections upheld, he has all the legal rights to carry out whatever actions he does. It is unfortunate that Yar'Adua will have to deal with these additional issues along with the major problems he has to face, but in order to assuage that, one or two populist moves early in his administration, plus the coming onstream of the power projects started by Obj leading to improved power supply will likely garner popular support for him.

We do need to get things right, and I believe Yar'Adua's emergence is a step in the right direction.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by adconline(m): 1:46am On Apr 25, 2007
Iyke-D

I got no investment in moribund Transcorp as not  to want a total make over for Nigerian polity. Its self delusional to think this selection  will  take us  to the promised land.   I thought  Atiku was the ONLY problem in Nigeria. Even without Atiku in OBJ's government, the election was still a sham.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 1:57am On Apr 25, 2007
What if Yar Adua performs well?My grudge is PDP nt Yar Adua as a person.Can someone pls analyze wat d Country wld be like if Atiku,Buhari or Utomi won?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by zigbo(f): 2:11am On Apr 25, 2007
9ja4eva exactly.

i think that even if the election was as free nd fair as the most righteous person in the world going to everybody's house with the ballot boxes for people to drop their votes,musa umaru ya'aradua would ve still emerged as the president. i think he has the most fans.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 2:12am On Apr 25, 2007
Am beginning to think so too.Do u see him as d man now?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by donan(m): 3:03am On Apr 25, 2007
We dont have to bother ourselves over something that is over. Because u guys should know that ELECTIONS TRIBUNALS will just end up wasting our time with no good outcome. Come to think of it, Yar'adua is not that bad, he will just end up making our country **Hidden and Insignificant** just lyk Katsina state. Who among u know Yar'adua before october last year? just a few i guess.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 5:49am On Apr 25, 2007
lmao,

Dt one wld help us na
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by adconline(m): 6:14am On Apr 25, 2007
Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that Yar'dua is going to be like his master OBJ. Have you checked his state on JAMB to see that only 3442 people out of  5,792,578 applied to sit for JAMB in 2006. Does he have any reason to give as to why he has not done anything in last 8 years with regard to mass illiteracy in his state? People say that he is less corrupt, when you have over 90 % of your population as illiterates, who can raise an eyebrow when it comes managing of state's resources?

http://www.jambng.com/umeapp05.pdf

EU commission assessed all the governors in Nigeria. I know for sure that Yar'dua did not make it in the top five. Embattled Chris Ngige of Anambra out performed him.  We know  Donald Duke as the brain behind Obudu Cattle Ranch and Tinapa.  What does Yar'dua really have to show us? He has an ailment and yet has not built any hospital to cater for his medical need. I am tired of Nigerians always praising mediocre.

Is not a shame that war torn Congo could hold an election that measured to a decent standard? Is not a shame that Irag could organize an election, likewise Afghanistan. Folks will say that America oversaw the whole process? Do we need America to organize polls for us? By the way, Palestine organized a free and fair election.  Look at how low we have gone as a nation.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by agnesoseka: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2007
na God and prayer go save nigeria oh,
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by IykeD1(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2007
@adconline,

Iyke-D

I got no investment in moribund Transcorp [/b]as not to want a total make over for Nigerian polity. Its self delusional to think this selection will take us to the [b]promised land. I thought Atiku was the ONLY problem in Nigeria. Even without Atiku in OBJ's government, the election was still a sham.

Why all the anger? smiley

Don't concern yourself, but let me worry about my investment in Transcorp, its
my money - but thank you for being so caring, I will get back to you in about 6
months, okay? grin

Promised land? Why do everybody keep talking about promised land? Which
promised land are we talking about? As far as I know, such leader is yet to be
born in Nigeria, the political institutions or culture is not there and the people
are not ready. Lets worry about the basics first - like improved power supply,
water, Lagos - Benin road, and schools before we talk about space and the likes.

Finally, those wishing to have a Liberia or Congo in Nigeria, you truly have no
idea what war does to a people or to a nation. I will prefer my Nigeria the way
it is any day than to subject it to a Congolese or Liberian experiment.

By the way, how is that great new democrat of Nigeria, your friend Atiku doing, I
haven't heard a word from him this past couple of days - maybe the Sultan has
placed the phone call, you get my drift. . .
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Mosetra(f): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2007
The elections have come and gone but of cos their echoes will continue to linger for longer than most right thinking Nigerians would expect. It is amazing when one hears what Nigerians are thinking and asking for: believe it or not, most people, even those I used to look upto in my place of work, are asking for civil war or military take over. That to me is the height of stupidity on their part. Of all the people that lost their lives during these past elections, i have not heard of any who is even remotely related to any of the contestants. So, who wants to fight the war? What do we stand to gain from military government?

Now wait any minute, while it is true that the elections were massive rigged in favour of pdp, i still believe that he who comes to equity must do so with clean hands! can anyone tell who had the wherewithal to rig and chose not to?

All i said and done, i will continue to maintain my stand that I prefer Yar'Adua to either Buhari or Atiku anyday, anytime. Besides, who knows what a fanatic like Buhari would do should he become president of Nigeria. He could just bring Osama Bin Laden (if he is still alive) or one of his disciples to Nigeria to come train all those almjiris in the north in preparation for a jihad! i don't want to imagine further what it would be like to have Buhari as my president. ENOUGH!!!!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Mosetra(f): 11:45am On Apr 25, 2007
i hope you all will overlook the numerous mistakes in my contribution and get the message.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Mosetra(f): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2007
@ agnesoseka
your name sounds like you're from Ogori. Am i right?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by tarfaadam(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2007
I was grown up in nija but nija stil remain nija
because the politice that take place in nija is bcomin wose
but people are changing  because every one is bcomin wise
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by agnesoseka: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2007
congrts to him!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by segoye2(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2007
All Yar'Adua fans, you can be happy now that your credible man got an appointment via incredible means.

Yar'Adua is not a sickler and never had a kidney problem as you all claimed, but yah, something remains clear here that, No Elections were held and some people were declared winners, Voters were forced to vote for someone they don't like, lots of voters lost their lifes and above all, the Alphabet edited Agency which has been existing since the time of IBB helped in burying the profound transition of our democracy.

Developing countries are passing through same expiriece, United States of America once passed through this section, and those that their fathers contributed nagetively to the development scheme of the united states are still regreting it, while thier generation to come will live to, too.

Just like, Obasanjo, Atiku, Yar'Adua, INEC, them them, and all thier team have contributed right now, I know strongly in my spirit that Nigeria will not remain the same, and then, History will judge us all, all our great rigging.

Apology will be not necessary in my case because I already said "Keep Your Mouth Shut" so, the next line of action is here, ACCEPT YOUR TEMPORATY FAITH, NIGERIA.

Regards,

Segoye2
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Hndholder(m): 2:08pm On Apr 25, 2007
God is great
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by DisGuy: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2007
the courts will not nullify the elections, (at least the presidential one), evidence of malpractice shall be seen, but in the end it will be declared that the offenses do not materially change the result of the polls.

the desperation of the PDP to hold power is however sad, very unbecoming of the 'largest political party in Africa'

the electoral process is 'supposed' to grant the elected officer power to act, but once he is legally sworn in and the elections upheld, he has all the legal rights to carry out whatever actions he does. It is unfortunate that Yar'Adua will have to deal with these additional issues along with the major problems he has to face, but in order to assuage that, one or two populist moves early in his administration, plus the coming onstream of the power projects started by Obj leading to improved power supply will likely garner popular support for him.
We do need to get things right, and I believe Yar'Adua's emergence is a step in the right direction.

well put man
1st year battling election tribunal
2nd year trying to get rid of OBJ/lessen his control

the productivity of the upcoming power plants might just save him a bit
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by DisGuy: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2007
Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that Yar'dua is going to be like his master OBJ. Have you checked his state on JAMB to see that only 3442 people out of  5,792,578 applied to sit for JAMB in 2006. Does he have any reason to give as to why he has not done anything in last 8 years with regard to  mass illiteracy in his state?

what were the figures before 1999? the number of female applying for jamb/college and polytechnic increased by about 40% from that jamb site  wink he certainly isnt a miracle worker, think about their culture, poverty up north

People say that he is less corrupt, when you have over 90 % of your population as illiterates, who can raise an eyebrow when it comes managing of state's resources?

the poeple that say he is less corrupt are not those in his state alone, CBN, EFCC and icpc* didnt really have anything to say about him moving money abroad

EU commission assessed all the governors in Nigeria. I know for sure that Yar'dua did not make it in the top five. Embattled Chris Ngige of Anambra out performed him.  We know  Donald Duke as the brain behind Obudu Cattle Ranch and Tinapa.  What does Yar'dua really have to show us? He has an ailment and yet has not built any hospital to cater for his medical need. I am tired of Nigerians always praising mediocre.

dont you think that will be a bit selfish; he actually built hospitals and one* with  dialysis facility why he didnt get treatment there is another matter.

what are the evidence utomi,buhari, atiku can perfom better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

241 Illegal Aliens Deported From Plateau / No Missing N23bn In SDGs Office- Presidency / Mu'azu Sambo: Critics Won’t Realize Buhari Is A Blessing Until He Leaves

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.